Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Disclaimer!
    This branch of the CYOA is no longer being updated. You may think you can still simply read everything before the updates started here, but I wouldn't do that either. This branch of the CYOA is extremely out of date. The other two branches feature an updated introduction, links and descriptions for each case, and numerous minor fixes for spelling and punctuation errors in the first two cases. If you wish to read or re-read this CYOA from the beginning, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you do so on either of the other two branches, which can be found by quickly google searching the title. These branches are also where updates will continue to be posted. I hope you enjoy the story!

Welcome everyone to the place ok that was a terrible intro. This is a CYOA, (or Choose Your Own Adventure) that is Ace Attorney based gameplay-wise. It involves two detectives named Vesti Gates (note: I did not choose that name) and Lauren Tehra, who solve various mysteries and stuff. However, because this is a CYOA, the actions of our two protagonists are chosen by the audience (AKA anyone but me), though there are a few special rules of note.

The CYOA will be played like a standard Ace Attorney game. First there is an investigation, and then there is a trial (except the first case won't actually have a trial in court but that's not important right now.) During Investigations you can examine, talk, move, and present. At the end of the update there will be a list of what you can examine in the room, who you can talk to (as well as a list of subjects), where you can move to, and people you can present evidence to. However, you need not be governed by this list! You can do any action as long as it makes logical sense. For example, you can talk to someone about an unlisted subject, but you can't drag that person into a death dimension. The trials are pretty much how you would expect. You can press and present evidence to statements in a testimony, as well as occasionally answering more specific questions. It is also worth noting that each case will have a Case File in the first post, where Evidence and Profiles will be listed.

Also of note, this CYOA is being hosted on two other forums, so there will probably be a box at the top of each update with actions from those forums.

Spoiler: Case 1-1: The Average Turnabout - Case File 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Case 1-1: The Average Turnabout

You walk down into the lobby of the police department. In your hands is an evidence cart. This object is similar in appearance to a shopping cart, though the basket is made of solid brown plastic. These carts are used by your station to transfer evidence, especially for large cases. Your cart is filled with evidence from your last case. This includes a bloody football helmet and key, a water bottle, several packets of a powdery substance, a side-view mirror, and a TV guide. You are currently taking these objects to be stored in the evidence room. You push your cart onwards, down the hall.

Your station is fairly small, so it isn't long before you reach the doors of the evidence room. To your left is the security office. The office is simply a corner of the room seperated off by a wooden counter, with one wall consisting of computers. The office is currently being manned by your friend, Lauren Tehra. You quickly greet her "Hi Lauren! Did they assign you to security duty again today?" She looks up from her book and notices your prescense. She replies "Hi Vesti. Yeah, this is the third time this week. Are you turning in the evidence from that case?" You respond "Yeah. I finished writing up the file, so I decided I'd just go ahead and do it. I'll see you later." "Bye." Lauren says. You unlock the evidence room and go inside.

After about five minutes, the evidence is sorted into your locker. Moments before you leave, you hear glass breaking outside. Deciding that it's probably important, you close your locker and leave the evidence room. Outside, you discover that one of the monitors is smashed. Strangely, the security room is abandoned. "Lauren? Are you still here?" you call. When there is no response, you decide to check the security room. You lean against the counter to look over it, and gasp at what you see. A policeman from your department lies on the floor of the security room, with a large wound on his forehead. You sigh and mutter "You've got to be kidding me."

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 8:00 AM Location: Police Department, Detention Center.

The next day, you enter the Detention Center at your police department. On the other side of the glass sits Lauren Tehra, looking extremely annoyed. She looks up when she hears you enter the room. "Hi Vesti. I assume you got my message." "Yep." you reply "Did you hear why they arrested you?" She explains "Well, I was the person in the security room at the time of the crime. Not to mention the detective supposedly found decisive evidence. I'm surprised they didn't question you." "Well, I was kind of tired, so I convinced them to let it wait until today." "I don't think it really matters. The detective thinks he has enough evidence already." You smile proudly "Well, I'll just have to start investigating myself, then. But first, can I ask you a few questions? I may need to know some info about the case first, if you don't mind." "Sure. It's not like I have anything better to do." she sighs.

EDIT: Also Vesti is a 30 year old guy and Lauren is a 29 year old girl I forgot to mention that lol.

Investigation: Detention Center
    Investigate:
    Wall, Glass, Chair.
    Talk:
    Lauren Tehra
    The Victim
    Reason for Arrest
    Your Alibi
    Move:
    No places available yet sorry
    Present:
    To Lauren Tehra
    What will you do?

{{Maybe I should have planned this out a little more before I started it... Ah, whatever.}}
    Last edited by Planetbox; August 1st, 2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Case File
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Can we only ask one thing at a time?
    If so, ask for alibi.
    If not, ask Lauren EVERYTHING.
    Including favorite color. That's the most important one.

Then investigate the wall and the glass but not the chair. If you do that you'll find out it's wobbly and won't be able to concentrate.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Present Lauren your police badge, say that you don't believe in her anymore, and use it to send her to THE DEATH DIMENSION

...Okay but seriously, at least show her your police badge.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Working on something big. ...Okay, maybe not that big, but still pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    Present Lauren your police badge, say that you don't believe in her anymore, and use it to send her to THE DEATH DIMENSION

...Okay but seriously, at least show her your police badge.
    But we don't have anything in our evidence.

...Instead, present the nothing to Lauren.

...And ask her about the victim. I have to be useful in SOME way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xano2323 View Post
    ...And ask her about the victim. I have to be useful in SOME way.
    Aw shucks. You do have your Police Badge, I just forgot to add it to the first post. Time to fix that in all three forums, oh boy.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Stare at Investigate Wall
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Spoiler: Magical Quote Box of Magic 

Investigate: Glass

You look at the glass. The glass is clear allowing you to see into the detention center. Said detention center is a basic room with nothing but a chair, a desk, a bed, and a door leading to a small room with personal hygiene facilities. You lean against the glass like they do in those old movies that everybody hates but Lauren isn't interested in joining your silly charade. Instead, she explains "That glass is bulletproof and very sturdy, so its pretty much impossible to break. I wouldn't recommend bringing in a shotgun from the evidence room to try to break the glass." (...She'll never let me live that one down...)

Investigate: Wall

You stare at the wall for about three minutes. "Vesti, what are you doing?" Lauren asks, confused. "I'm staring at this wall" you reply. "It's really interesting how many shades of beige there are." "I've been in here for an entire night and I'm afraid I haven't noticed that. Are you sure you're ok, Vesti?" "Uh... No." you reply. "Why don't we pretend that never happened."

Present: Police Badge

You pull out your Police Badge and show it to Lauren. "Not again... Vesti, could you stop showing that to me? I've seen it more times than I've seen my own hands." You shout "Hey! It's not my fault! I'm just proud of my job!" "You're pretty gifted if you've remained that proud of your job for five years." she replies. "You're just jealous that I've retained my childlike wonder and you're just an old fart." She laughs "Childlike doesn't even begin to describe it." You interrupt before Lauren can continue. "Let's just agree that I lost and move on. I have some questions to ask you."

Talk: EVERYTHING

You try to ask poor Lauren about everything, but fail to decide how to accurately phrase such a question.

Talk: Favorite Color

"What is your favorite color?" Lauren replies "Can we please stay on topic for five seconds? And besides, you already know that my favorite color is brown. Why else would I have steaks of it in my hair." "You have streaks of gray and black in your hair too!" "Ignoring the fact that black is clearly my natural hair color, is it really necessary to judge my cosmetic decisions while I'm under suspicion for murder?" (Maybe I should stop listening to those voices in my head.)

Talk: Your Alibi

"Where were you at the time of the crime?" Lauren explains "I recieved a call from the Chief on my communicator at 11:20 that night. However, I went to his office, and he wasn't there. So I returned to the security room at 11:30 and found everyone surrounding the body. As you saw, I was arrested." "Wait, shouldn't that mean the chief could confirm your alibi?" you ask. Lauren looks to the side and continues "Yes, that's what I thought as well... but the chief said he never called me in the first place, so my alibi is useless." "Interesting..." {Lauren's Call added to Evidence}

Talk: The Victim

"Did you recognize the victim? I didn't get a good look at him before the forensics arrived." "I did." she answers "The victim was indeed one of our officers. A man by the name of Officer Bajj. I'm sure you know him." "He was the 60 years old police officer right?" "Yeah. And I believe he was beaten to death but that's all I know." {Officer Bajj added to Profiles}

Lauren asks "You're going to investigate this, right?" "Of course." you reply "In fact I'm probably ready to visit the crime scene myself, assuming there's anything left." "The body has been taken away, but most of the evidence is still there. However, that other detective had taken over the investigation." "Alright. I'll try to get you out as soon as I can."

Investigate:
    Chair.
    Talk:
    Lauren Tehra
    The Victim
    Reason for Arrest
    Your Alibi
    Move:
    Security Room
    Present:
    To Lauren Tehra
    What will you do now?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Present what you are going to do now to Lauren.
    ... AND ask her for her reason for arrest and then go to the security room.

...We had a chair in this room the entire time, AND we weren't sitting in in backwards?

Sit in the chair backwards. Examine it as you do so.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Ask: Reason for arrest
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Spoiler: What's inside?! Quote surprise!! 

Examine: Chair.

You examine the chair. While not particularly comfortable, this chair is rigid and flat, preventing it from rocking too much. This is good because you dislike wobbly chairs. You also attempt to sit backwards in your chair, but this chair is not compatible with backwards sitting, and you fall off of it in your effort to do so. Fortunately, Lauren chooses not to comment on this fact, saving me time and saving you dignity.

Present: Police Badge

You present your Police Badge to the chair. The chair is not interested in talking right now. You are so angry at being ignored, that you punch it so hard that one of the legs breaks. The chair is now wobbly. Good job!

Present: What You Are Going To Do: Lauren

You try to present an intangible object to Lauren. You fail, as you seem to lack reality-warping powers. Lauren asks "Hey... Are you sure you're ok with taking this case? You seem a little worried." You respond "I'm fine! Don't worry about me!" (Those voices in my head seem to have it in for me...)

Blame: Chief

You suddenly blame the police chief for every crime in the known universe. You ask Lauren to arrest him. Lauren replies "You could be right Vesti, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to arrest someone without evidence. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's against one of the human rights." You sigh. You proceed to wipe the bulletproof glass with Lauren's event transcript, and find your true calling as a window washer. Fortunately, a CYOA about window washing is one of the worst ideas I've ever had, so the event is simply retconned by the mighty Planetbox.

Talk: Reason for Arrest

"Why were you arrested?" you ask Lauren. She replies "To be honest I'm not sure. Like I said, I was the one heading security that day, and the body was found in the security room, so it isn't a huge stretch to assume I did it. Not only that, my fingerprints were supposedly on the murder weapon, as well as my blood being at the scene. Not to mention my alibi is pretty much useless." "Well this will be fun..." you reply "I'll try my best to get your name cleared though." "Don't worry Vesti. I'm sure you'll do fine."

Move: Security Room

You depart the Detention Center and stumble your way to the Security Room.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 8:20 AM Location: Police Department, Security Room.

Once you arrive, you see that there are still forensic investigators examining the area. You open the counter door thing (I literally have no clue what those are called) and enter the room. There are various items on the counter, as well as a few things lying on the floor. On the wall next to the evidence room door is an array of security monitors. One of the security monitors is broken. On the floor is the body of Officer Bajj. He is lying face-down on the floor, but you can tell that he has a wound on his forehead. There is also blood around his neck, so there could be a wound in that area. A hardcover book lies next to him, with a single bloodstain. You recognize it as Lauren's.

The counter door thing behind you opens and slams shut. You turn around, and see a man has just entered. He is an old man, perhaps around his fifties. He is dressed in a typical business suit, and has neat grey hair. The old man glares at you muttering "Hello Vesti. What might you be doing here? If you hadn't heard, this case has been assigned to me." The man is Magnifi Glass, a veteran detective, often regarded as the best in the department. You reply "Detective Glass, if you hadn't heard, my friend has been arrested. Do you expect me to sit back and watch?" Magnifi crosses his arms and sternly replies "I EXPECT you to sit back and leave this case to the veterans. Besides, you have a personal tie to this case, so you could easily forge evidence and alter the crime scene to get your friend off." You notice that the man tends to not show any emotions other than annoyance. "Do you honestly think I would do that? I've always used honest methods in my investigations. Besides, from what I've heard, you've already finished your investigation. If you really think I'll use your illegal methods, you can easily accompany me to insure I don't. Magnifi closes his eyes in thought for a second, before responding "Fine, but hurry it up. I've already looked this place over, I don't need to hear you repeating your theories to me." {Magnifi Glass added to Profiles.}

Investigate:
    Victim, Book, Visit Sheet, Monitors, Counter Door Thing, Victim's Pocket, Evidence Room Door.
    Talk:
    Magnifi Glass
    Magnifi is not interested in talking right now.
    Move:
    Detention Center
    Present:
    To Magnifi Glass
    Partner: Magnifi Glass
    What will you do now?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Investigate the counter door thing. And the victim's pocket. And the actual door.
    Present your police badge to Magnifi Glass, of course. That should get him to talk. Ask him his favorite color.

Investigate: Book (not just by its cover though)
    Investigate: Victim

'I've always used honest methods in my investigations.'

...Right.

Anyways... (Maybe not really spoilers?)

Spoiler: crazy but maybe true theory and also spoilers for last case 

Investigate the Monitor and Visitor Sheet. As you do so, mutter 'mm-hmm' and 'I see' several times, purely to annoy Magnifi Glass.

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    Spoiler: crazy but maybe true theory and also spoilers for last case 
    in regards to your theme thing, Dustin Panne also had a theme. I just didn't decide to give characters themes until right before the investigation ended.

In this CYOA everyone will have their own theme. The chief will get one, for example. However, some characters will get non-specific themes (such as the song "Joyful People" from the first game) and just like in Ace Attorney, you can usually rule them out as the killer.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

AAAAA DOUBLE POST!!

Spoiler: There's some stuff in here, I think. 

Present: Police Badge: Magnifi Glass

You show Magnifi your amazing Police Badge. He is not amused. "Why are you showing me that? Are you trying to prove that you're really a detective?" "Of course not!" you reply. "I'm simply informing you of its prescence!" "Oh never mind. I understand." Magnifi explains "You're just showing me your Police Badge to tell me that you did, in fact, get the necessary degrees from college. Thanks for showing it to me, for I would have been doubtful of that otherwise." (Wow, this guy's such a card.)

You briefly stop investigating to imagine uppercutting Magnifi straight through the roof and into the vacuum of space, where he will drift along for a while until he is unexpectedly hit in the face with Sputnik I. Unbeknownst to you, Magnifi is envisioning something quite similar (Also, this is perhaps one of the best actions I've gotten in any CYOA I've ever run. Either that, or it's a close tie with "Then go kill planetbox and pay yourself a bazillion dollars.")

Talk: Magnifi: Favorite Color

You try to ask Magnifi his favorite color, but he is still rather annoyed about the whole Police Badge fiasco (granted, this guy is annoyed all the time so it's not really anyone's fault). He simply replies "Dark Gray" and ignores your further questions.

Investigate: Victim (now that I think about it, the prototype case called it "Examine" but whatever)

You take a look at the victim and turn him on his side. You can tell that he has two wounds, one on his forehead and one on his neck. The victim is wearing a police officer's uniform, and some blood has seeped into the collar. The victim is lying face-down in a pool of his blood. You recall that this is the position you saw him in. Those are the only wounds. Magnifi mumbles "In case you're wondering, the blow to the forehead was caused before the blow to the neck. Our doctor confirmed that." {Crime Scene Notes added to Evidence}

Investigate: Counter Door Thing

You take a look at the counter door thing. It is a simple door that is the size of the counter itself, and held shut with a latch. It's small enough that it could simply be climbed over. Granted, so could the counter itself. All in all, it doesn't really have a purpose for existing. You turn to Magnifi "Hey, do you know what this counter door thing is called?" "Of course you wouldn't know. I guess that kind of information is above your level of knowledge." "That doesn't answer my question. Do you know what it's called?" "Well... no..." he murmers "but that doesn't excuse your lack of knowledge on the subject." "And what excuses your lack of knowledge? Is it your natural awesomeness? The fact that your name sounds like an investigation tool?" Magnifi groans and walks a few steps away. (I'm so glad we had that pleasant discussion.)

Investigate: Evidence Room Door

You leave the Security Room and take a quick look at the Evidence Room Door outside. It is steel, and supposedly bulletproof. The only way to unlock it is to use a keycard on the reader to its right. You go to the reader and take a quick look at the keycard reader. The only keycard used on the night of the murder was your own, so you doubt it has any importance in regards to the case. You climb over the counter and return to the crime scene.

Investigate: Monitors

You take a look at the security monitors. All of them are working correctly, except for one in the middle. It is broken, and glass shards have spilled into the monitor itself and along the floor. Other than that, the monitor is clean. You notice that the monitor would normally be showing the Chief's room. "Was this monitor broken before the incident?" you ask Magnifi. He rolls his eyes and replies "Yeah, it randomly exploded last week, and we were far too lazy to fix it or order a new one. That sounds about right." (Why is this the first time I've noticed how confrontational this guy is?) {Broken Monitor added to Evidence}

Investigate: Victim's Pocket

You walk back to the body and look in his pockets. Officer Bajj has mostly normal stuff in the pockets of his uniform, such as a five-year old reciept and a wallet (Surprisingly empty. The money was probably confiscated as "evidence".) You also find a two-way radio. You recognize it, as you also have one. Everyone at the department has one with them at all times, and the chief can use his to call them if they are needed. This is probably what Lauren recieved her call on. {Two-Way Radio added to Evidence}

Investigate: Book

You take a look at the book. The dust jacket has been removed, but judging my some of the reviews inside, it appears to be a mystery novel. You close the book before Magnifi can accuse you of reading it and kick you out. The front cover has a somewhat large bloodstain in the top left corner. You ask Magnifi if the stain has been tested. He replies "Of course it has. The blood matches Officer Bajj. It's pretty clear that this is the murder weapon, and the book only has Lauren's fingerprints on it." {Bloodstained Book added to Evidence}

Investigate: Visit Sheet

You walk over the counter and look at the Visit Sheet. This sheet is used to match the time that people signed in and out of the evidence room or security office. None of these records are particularly important, but the security room sign out sheet is notable for having a large bloodstain on the paper. Magnifi notices you looking at it and interjects "Before you ask some annoying question, that bloodstain has already been tested. It is a match for Lauren Tehra, which places her at the crime scene. The coroner was able to make a quick examination of the crime scene while you were faffing about in the detention center." "You have quite the interesting vocabulary, Magnifi" you reply. "That's Mr. Glass to you." he interjects. "Sorry, but I refuse to call you that." {Visit Sheet Stain added to Evidence}

You finish investigating the room. There doesn't appear to be anything else of note at the crime scene, but you got a fairly large amount of evidence anyway. Suddenly, everyone's best friend Magnifi Glass starts shouting "Alright! That's enough! We've done enough investigating of this area! I believe we've obtained enough evidence to prove that Lauren Tehra is our culprit. I'm leaving to write a report for the chief." Magnifi tries to leave but you step in front of him. "Wait a minute. Would you mind explaining your reasoning to me? I feel like a few things are off in the crime scene." "You've got to be kidding me. All the evidence is pointing to Lauren. Even an idiot could tell that she's the culprit." You smile "Well then, why don't we just pretend that I'm an idiot and you can explain it to me? If it's so simple, then an explanation shouldn't take too much of your precious time!" Magnifi mumbles something under his breath, but soon continues "Fine! Take your explanation and get out of here!"

Argument: Lauren Tehra's Obvious Guilt
    Magnifi: Lauren was the only one stationed at the security room during the murder.
    Magnifi: Her alibi couldn't be backed up by anyone present.
    Magnifi: Not to mention her blood was found on the visit report.
    Magnifi: The book, the murder weapon, only has Lauren's fingerprints on it.
    Magnifi: Lauren dealt two wounds to Officer Bajj with the book.
    Magnifi: She is clearly the culprit!
    PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
    Evidence is on page 1

{{Cross-examinations work as you would expect. You can press a statement for more information, and the present evidence from the record in the first post when you find a contradiction! Just don't press all the statements for the extra dialogue. It just ends up as more work for me.}}
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Press the last statement so Magnifi repeats himself over and over
    Gish dangit I'm so bad at these.
    Check the one on the visit report. Do we have a reason for her blood to be everywhere?

Working on something big. ...Okay, maybe not that big, but still pretty cool.

Time for the World's Greatest Detective to step up.

...No, not that one.

Present Lauren's Call at Statement 2.

Whether it was the Chief, or someone pretending to be the Chief, somebody was there, and knew that Lauren was there too. The security camera could've been broken on purpose, to mask the fact that somebody might've been pretending to to be the chief (or calling from another room entirely).

Also, why can't we just look at the security footage at the time of the crime? (sorry for picking this case apart so fast)

Press statement 3. Lauren appears to be uninjured, where did the blood come from?
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Spoiler: Quotes and Not Much Else!! 

Oh geez, this one's going to take a while... Interestingly, only one person got the specific answer I was looking for... Whatever that's not important LET'S GOOOOOOO-

Press: Statement 3

"Excuse me, Magnifi. But I'd like to know, how exactly did Lauren's blood get on the visit report?" Magnifi glares at you and replies "It fell on it. How else?" You say "Don't be silly! Of course I know that! I am asking how Lauren could have bled if I didn't see any wounds on her body." Magnifi sighs "Did Lauren really not tell you. She had a rather long cut across her arm and also onto her hand. However, her sleeve hides most of it, and it was probably bandaged by the time you got there." You shout "I'm fairly certain I would have noticed something like that!" Magnifi interjects "Well you didn't. Maybe she was hiding it, or perhaps you're just an idiot. Either way, you can ask her later if you really don't believe me. Moving on!" {Visit Sheet Stain updated in Evidence} Magnifi tries to continue, but you send him back in time and bug him again.

Press: Statement 1

You ask "Why was she the only one there?" Magnifi shakes his head "She was stationed there for security duty! She would have been there for three hours. If you had been paying attentio-" "If that's the case..." you interrupt "Then what was Officer Bajj doing there?" Magnifi appears to ponder the question "To be honest, I'm not certian. Perhaps Lauren agreed to meet him there. Perhaps Bajj was simply turning in evidence. However, such an issue isn't important enough to halt the arrest. Officer Bajj is lying on the floor here right now, so he clearly got here somehow." You try to speak again but Magnifi continues on.

Press: Statement 6

You give Magnifi a thumbs up and reply "The only thing CLEAR here is the pitifulness of your statement! Your arguments are nothing but frail and fragmented statements! Dealing with them all is such a PANE! How can you be so sure?" As you continue breaking down into glass puns, Magnifi breaks down into tears. "Really?" Magnifi replies "Do I really need to repeat my entire statement? If you insist, I'll say it again, but pay attention this time!" Magnifi starts over and you soon interrupt again.

Present: Broken Monitor/Lauren's Call: Statement 2

You show him your info on Lauren's alibi. "Lauren has said that she recieved a call from the chief at the time of the crime! But the chief didn't back up her alibi! An-" Magnifi interrupts "Not so fast! Before you go on some kind of tangent, you seem to be assuming Lauren wasn't just lying in a desperate attempt to get herself off the hook! If you committed a crime, isn't that what you'd do!" You reply "But wait! The monitor showing the Chief's office is broken! What if the real killer broke it to hide the face that they made the call." The room is silent for a minute. Magnifi rubs his forehead with one hand, sighing. "Umm... Vesti... This may come as a surprise but computers and monitors are... not the same thing..." "Wait, what?" "Even if a monitor is broken the security data can still be recovered from the hard drive itself." You scratch the back of your head, embarrased "Oh... right... wait a minute! That means we can recover the footage from the chief's office! Or even the security office itself." Magnifi replies "Nope. The footage got deleted. Everything from the 24 hours the crime took place in has been deleted, probably from the security room itself. And we can't recover it." "Really? Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" "No reason to at the time. Now, if that's all you'd like to say, I'll be on my-" "No! Not yet! There's still something fishy about your explanation!" Magnifi mumbles "Fine. Moving on." {Security Footage Deletion added to Evidence}

Present: Bloodstained Book: Statement 5

"Alright Magnifi" you begin "You claim that Lauren's dealt both of the victim's wounds with the book, correct?" "Of course." Magnifi replies. You continue "But I see a problem with that statement, one that I'm surprised you didn't notice! If Lauren dealt two wounds with that book, then how come the book clearly only has one bloodstain!" Magnifi appears to look only mildly disgruntled rather than shocked. "If your explanation is correct, then shouldn't the book show two seperate or overlapping bloodstains? Since there's only one, what happened to the other one! Are you saying that Lauren dealt the second blow with her mind!" Magnifi calmly replies "Don't be ridiculous! There's a simple explanation. Your contradiction isn't as important as you hoped."

Testimony: A Simple Explanation
    Magnifi: So it's true that the book didn't deal all of the wounds.
    Magnifi: But it's possible that the second wound was dealt with another method.
    Magnifi: For example, the broken monitor that you mentioned...
    Magnifi: I believe that after Lauren hit the victim with the book, he was still alive.
    Magnifi: So she grabbed Officer Bajj by the neck and slammed him into the computer monitor.
    Magnifi: His neck wound was caused by the shard's of shattered glass!
    PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Present the Broken Monitor on statement 5. Shouldn't the shards inside be bloody, then?
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    Present the Broken Monitor on statement 5. Shouldn't the shards inside be bloody, then?
    Yes, and then laugh that Magnifi had to correct himself.

Nuvel (you know, the Ninetales): Get EXTREMELY UPSET that someone ruined a perfectly good book by using it as a murder weapon.

Anyways, like the others, present the broken monitor on statement 5. Magnifi said it was a BLOW, not a CUT. And he'd have to have his head smashed directly into the monitor for his neck to receive any wounds, and there aren't any head wounds besides the aforementioned book wound.

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Spoiler: What others have suggested! 

Yeah that one was supposed to be obvious. This is the first case after all.

Ask: Question

Before doing anything with the testimony, you ask Magnifi a question "Who can delete or alter security footage." Magnifi responds "Shouldn't you know that by now?" You reply "I may know the answer, but some people don't know the answer! I'm simply asking so they'll know." Magnifi is confused "...I'll just pretend you didn't say that... Anyway, anyone who has a job at this police station has access to the security computers. This is because security duty is shared between everyone except the chief. So, if you have a keycard, and you can figure out how to use the computer, you can delete the footage. That means anyone could have deleted the footage, even if they weren't on security duty that day. {Security Footage Deletion updated in Evidence}

Press: Statement 5

"Are you saying that Lauren could have overpowered Officer Bajj to smash his neck against the monitor." Magnifi replies "Well, Bajj was sixty to seventy years old. He was certainly fit, but he was old enough to have back and knee problems. Not to mention Lauren was possible under the influence of adrenaline, or perhaps Bajj may have been holding back for some reason. Either way, I wouldn't consider it that much of a stretch." Magnifi Glass attempts to move on with his explanation, but you see an obvious contradiction and present some evidence.

Present: Broken Monitor: Statement 6

You start laughing as loudly as possible and pointing at Magnifi's disgruntled face. "What now?" Magnifi groans. You explain "It's just that the detective who's called "The Greatest Detective on the Force" has made such a blatantly obvious logical error." "What are you trying to imply with that statement!" Magnifi shouts indignantly. "It's simple. You claim that Bajj's neck wound was dealt by the monitor. However..." you point towards the wall of monitors. "The shards of the broken monitor are all clean!" Magnifi's eye twitches involuntarily. "If one of the victim's wounds was dealt with the shards of glass, then logically, shouldn't the shards of glass actually have blood on them? Not to mention the victim's neck wound is clearly not a cut, and was instead caused by a blunt object. Magnifi, your logic is full of holes. This investigation isn't over yet!" Magnifi calmly takes a few deep breaths. He continues "I'll admit, my logic has a few flaws. However, I would also like to point that Lauren is still the main suspect in this case. You may continue investigating if you wish, but I doubt you will find anything. Our team has been investigating for several hours, and we haven't found anything new in-"

Suddenly, a forensic investigator runs walks behind the counter shouting "Detective Glass! We found something!" Magnifi sighs. He asks "What is it now?" The man continues "We found traces of something in the hallway! They appeared to be wheel tracks of some kind! And they lead from here to the chief's office!" You reply "...what?" The officer continues "To be more specific, it's a trail of paint. The paint has been wiped up, but there were still traces left behind!" You turn back to Magnifi "What were you saying earlier?" Magnifi reptends to not hear you. Suddenly, a two police officers arrive with a stretcher. They lift up the body and take it off to the coroner's office. Magnifi says "Alright Vesti. If you're so intent on investigating more, why don't you go do so. I'll be staying over here if you wanted to talk to me, but I'd prefer it if you didn't. Magnifi walks away. (Alright... Now that that's over with I can finally start investgating. I have a few options. I could go talk to Lauren again, or I could talk to the coroner, or I could check the Chief's office..."

Examine:
    Talk:
    Magnifi Glass
    Magnifi is not interested in talking right now.
    Move:
    Detention Center
    Medical Room
    Chief's Office
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Magnifi Glass
    What will you do now?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Let's go talk to Lauren. See if she actually is injured like Glass said.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Thread Information