Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Maker

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Super Mario Maker

Ah, someday within this year I'll get Mario Maker and then finally try out all of these levels you guys made. XD
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    Wotta coincidence, I started following you too 'cuz your levels are quite rocking as well, hehe.

Anyway, I updated Bowser Baddy Base so it is a lil' bit more forgiving, here's the updated code: FE06-0000-0076-E41C
    There's a cleverly hidden checkpoint now

And I also made a new stage I'm quite happy with, Crash Course 2: Bobomb Battleship: 946C-0000-0061-ED50
    That one is a sequel to this one: DB24-0000-002E-C3FF if yer curious. Not one of my best, but a serviceable stage nevertheless I think.

No, it really kinda is, thems some tricky jumps. And that jerk twomp at the end is also reason for many to bail out on the stage me thinks. I know I did, hehe. Even left a lil' comment there~

Anyway, something weird is going on with my 2 most popular stages. They've gotten a ton of traffic lately, but almost no stars to go and no new comments either. One of 'em has been stuck on 16 stars since it had 40ish plays, and now it's at 80. People have always been stingy with stars (considering I see people die a lot to a single paragoomba when they have a raccoon leaf in one of my stages, 'tis prolly 'cuz a lot of them absolutely suck) but it seems to have gotten quite a bit worse.
    Well, I'm actually surprised then. I've never been good at Mario games and just assumed that since it only took me three tries to upload it, it was easy. o:

Well I ain't makin' 'em any easier :^) Though I really wish checkpoints were a thing, I'd be really generous with those, especially on the longer stages of mine.

On the subject of stars yeah, lots of people play mine but they don't generally get any stars. I think my Slippy Toad stage has the most stars... 13 or something. I'm pretty content with that though, my stages don't take long to make. XP

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

When this post was made, I have seven stars: one for "My First Course," five for "Find the Way Out!," and one for "Coin Heaven?"
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

Read here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super- ... 0-6431017/

Super Mario Maker sold a million copies and 2.2 million courses had been uploaded, which very much averages out to 2.2 courses per unit sold, though there are many people who play Super Mario Maker who have not uploaded a single course.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Haunted Hotel! (3 hidden lives) : 7DCD-0000-0048-1F9B

^ Did I already share this one? I looked through the thread but didn't see it.

Underwater Palace: 2803-0000-0059-057A

This one's pretty boring IMO. I tried to make an easier stage. Apparently it worked, however, since it's getting stars. :V

Use the Mushrooms!: 65DA-0000-003A-31F2

This one's fine-ish I guess?

Edgy doot doot (easy) : 34A8-0000-0099-32A0

An easier version of one of my stages. And yet people still haven't beaten it *cries*

Don't Lose Yoshi! (easy) : C150-0000-009B-970C

Another easier version of a stage I did.

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF S: 747B-0000-009B-B282

good luck beating this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also my friend made this really hard stage based off of a SMB ROM hack from a while back called Super Mario Bros. Frustration.

07DF-0000-008C-63E4 give it a try :^)

EDIT: Oh also I have 106 stars!
    Last edited by itsameluigi1290; October 10th, 2015 at 09:30 AM.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

And an update for the 4th November has been announced, adding the much wanted checkpoints, as well as the option to add Super Mushrooms and higher tier powerups to the ?-Box, meaning that the item you get depends on whether you are small or big Mario, like in the main games. Well, and some other stuff, too.

Source

It would have been good to be able to place weird mushrooms without having to beat those crazy Nintendo World Championships stages (and for the Nintendo World Championships (the actual event) be actually open to non-Americans as well, because right now, the Nintendo World Championships are less open to those worldwide than the baseball World Series even (and the World Series are open to Canadian teams even)).
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Those NWC stages were far easier than I anticipated, but it's probably because I saw them beaten already. I only died on the first one (three times I think).

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Those NWC stages were far easier than I anticipated, but it's probably because I saw them beaten already. I only died on the first one (three times I think).
    I have beaten the first three.

I agree that the NWC stages were a little on the easy side (even some of the courses I made are much harder).
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

If I were the organizers of the NWC, I would do a few things:

•Have the same approximately 20 to 30 American cities that hosted the preliminary rounds in the 1990 edition to host it again (plus Baltimore, Washington DC, San Diego, and perhaps Honolulu and a second weekend in New York City), along with the addition of Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal (the five Canadian cities would be part of the same conference as the American cities, but run by Nintendo of Canada). The 2015 edition only had eight American cities, which was much lower than in 1990.
    •Have a separate conference for the same number of European cities run by Nintendo of Europe.
    •Have a third conference for the same number of East Asian cities, Oceanic cities, and Latin American cities run by the respective divisions of Nintendo

•The first elimination round would involve the top three players from each participating city to compete against each other within the conference
    •The second elimination round would involve the top three players from each conference to compete against each other
    •The final round would have the top three players from the second elimination round

Oh, and the Super Mario Maker stages in the final round should be extremely difficult. This would make the NWC truly the world championships. To fund this, there would be an entrance fee of approximately US$10.
    Last edited by The Kirbinator; October 30th, 2015 at 09:20 PM.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Hey guys I did a stages too!

Over the Top: E0AE-0000-014B-D6F0
    It's Been One of Those Days... (reuploaded with SFX): 24D5-0000-014C-1B07
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Hey guys it's been a while! I decided to finish up some ideas I had for levels because my brother got Super Mario Maker for Christmas.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!
    A334-0000-0155-3CEB

I was inspired to make a Yoshi's Island level after I finished up Woolly World. It's not terribly difficult but I tried to make it fun. (BTW there is a bonus area too!)

Super Mario Maker now allows for the creation of bumpers, P-switch doors, Koopa Clown Cars that shoot fireballs, and the ability to add bookmarked courses. A few glitches have been fixed as well, such as the brick-and-vine glitch.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Hey if anyone wants to play two levels, specifically two levels, then boy are you in luck.

Here's a recreation of Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts from Yoshi's Island

And here's a level based on Dark Souls
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Hey if anyone wants to play two levels, specifically two levels, then boy are you in luck.

Here's a recreation of Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts from Yoshi's Island

And here's a level based on Dark Souls
    Your levels are great Lightingboalt! If these are the first ones you've made I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl Info
    Friend Code: 2707-4831-8290
    Nick Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code
    4081-5728-7313

Forum Moderator

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

can confirm

This stage was always three steps ahead of me, since I was a reckless fool with joined fates. Thoron.

WHEEZE I'm gonna just shamelessly plug my stages here https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint.../luigitime1290

Try the Star Wars one, Nintendo UK played it in one of their livestreams!

Hey guys! I know that this thread is kind of dead (and the forums too, but...) I wanted to post my first ever SMM level here for you people who are looking for a challenge. I tried to make it simple, but reallllllllly difficult at the same time. So here is the code on my brother's account! I hope you like it if you try it!

04E9-0000-01B9-B47E

now back to being invisible :o

Forum Moderator

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Last edited by Keeby; February 7th, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Got Super Mario Maker for Christmas. Love it. I've made a couple of levels. Here's... the only one that's still up, because for some reason the other two were taken down or something. Are levels automatically taken down if they don't get Stars/played for a while?

Geisterhaus: D031-0000-0158-1FD7

A Ghost House level I made. Not all that challenging compared to others. It has a few tricks in classic Ghost House style, but they're pretty much on a level of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". Only three people so far have beaten this level, and each of them gave it a star.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Deucey Dee, courses are automatically removed after one month if it does not receive a single star. Once it has a star, the course is permanent (unless you choose to delete it). How do I know? Some of my own courses are deleted automatically after one month, since they did not receive a single star.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

So, I can't reupload the courses that got deleted, which really bums me out, because one of them was my proudest SMM creation so far. I just can't believe the way these things work...

Anyway, I finished a level that I started some time ago, and uploaded it just now, so here it is:

Bowser Jr's Bounce House of Doom: 6807-0000-01D3-7CBB

Less or equal to Geisterhaus in terms of difficulty. How masterful you are at maneuvering Note Blocks is a factor in how difficult you may find it.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

So... did anyone saw that coming? Like, at all? That's so outta the nowhere that I'm not even mad, just amazed. Goku for Mario Maker when?

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    So... did anyone saw that coming? Like, at all? That's so outta the nowhere that I'm not even mad, just amazed. Goku for Mario Maker when?

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS it's actually a cool decision. I heard something about how the creator of that manga loved Nintendo and did some art for Mario Maker, but I'm not sure if that's the reason for it. Goku? Please, we need a real anime character, like Naruto, silly

Thread Information