Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this one.

Re: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this on

I have no idea what that is, but it looks deadly! Also the name is silly, but not as silly as Smooze.

Now, then, for the battle: Leif should, of course, use his Leaf Blade attack, whilst having Praile do...I dunno, what fire chickens do best. Whack it over the head with the Otamaton? And of course Montblanc can do a thing.

Now, regarding that Detective Badge...this may be speculativity kicking in, but it MAY belong to someone named Vesti Gates, whom may have had it thrown into another dimension by a Hoopa known as Marcus due to being irritated at him presenting his badge to everyone. As such, I formally request Planet have this CYOA cross over with his in the form of Vesti Gates/Lauren Tehra somehow making a brief cameo within it, by means of trebuchet/Marcus. Of course, this is all PURE speculation, so it may be easier to just check for the name on the badge itself...and then present it to the Squirts.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Re: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this on

If Puzzle wants to do that cameo it's fine with me, as long as they only stick around for a few seconds. Both of them are needed in my CYOA, after all.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

(Ooo a Cameo, sounds fun. I'll see if I can get it to work.
    Big post ahoy! (Text may get confusing!)
    On a side note, it appears that the name of the City that the Kid came from now has these question marks in them... I'll probably just keep them like that till I remember the letters. XD)

The battle begun, Pennington and Ghost T. took their seats, Squirts and Gasfellas filled the rest.

Group focus their attack on the core, Leif use Leaf Blade; popped enough of the squirts to reveal the core, but the squirts would just recover the green slime. Squirts 92/100
    Kid realizes they will need speed, tells both Praile and Montblanc to use Fire Bros on him. (Praile conveniently filled the moogle in on how to preform it.)
    They both send a flurry of fire balls at the Kid, Kid and his old friend directed every single one to the core. The squirts took every hit. Squirts 77/100
    Enraged, Praile whacked the foe with the Otamaton; popped a few of them. Squirts 98/100
    Pennington throws a mushroom at Montblanc, turns out it was poisonous. Ghost T. gives the penguin a cold glare as Pennington realized his mistake and scrambles for a cure item.

Kid noticed something odd with the Squirts' numbers, it's as if the ones in the audience were adding themselves to the boss, and then more Squirts filled the empty audience seats;
    in this way the core's protection would be endless. Fortunately for the kid, the act of moving from the audience and into the battle was illegal here,
    Kid just needs someone with authority to penalize them; Turns out Pennington wasn't official.
    The Kid held up the detective badge; demands to the official detective. The green slime says that Detective Chelmey can't do a thing for as long as he is their captive.

The Gasfellas in the audience started throwing buckets and other blunt objects at the kid's party.
    Kid's group is running out of options.

Kid couldn't tell if he was dreaming; he sees the baker in blue pointing at the foe, the baker's baking partner is also there too.
    Kid wonders how they got on the train, he takes a look back to the end of the train... there was a smaller one tailing it.

The green core says a baker doesn't have the authority to stop his tactics.

The Baker says he brought someone that does; Detective Vesti Gates.

The Green Slime says Vesti didn't have a badge to prove it.

Kid looks at the name on the badge he held...

Kid throws the badge to Vesti.

The detective puts the badge on.

Vesti bans the Squirts altogether due to their foul scheme, says he will jail them if they try anything more. Squirts 0/100
    Gates also shows the TV guide to the audience, the Gasfellas see the show titled "The Nitrogen Ninja"; Greatly interested in the show, all the Gasfellas leave the area.
    Needing to return to his own adventure, Detective Gates takes his leave; he hops back down to the small train, the golden engineer blows the horn. The little train suddenly vanishes.

Just as the last few Squirts leave due to the ban, Kid notices another problem; the green slime now has all the captives in side of itself.
    The green core laughs, says that they can't attack him for as long as he has the captives, and the only way to release them is to guess his' name.

Rudimentary!
    Pennington says he has determined the name of the slime; says it's Smooze.
    Silence chilled the air; the green slime suddenly starts shouting in panic, as the captives are being freed from Smooze's grasp. He's now left completely open.
    Kid and the others had no time to be surprised that the penguin actually got the name right, they go in for a finishing blow;
    Leif creates a huge Leaf Blade, Montblanc and Praile pelt it with fire to set it ablaze, Leif throws it into the sky.
    The Kid with the help of his friend launch into the air, catches the blade and drives it into Smooze. Smooze 1/50

The remaining slime forms into a mini Smooze; he jumps off the train to flee.

The battle is over, things go back to a calm.
    The Train workers and passengers thank the group for rescuing them, Chelmey grumbles a bit and heads down back into the train with his sidekick Barton.
    After thanking the Kid, the Professor and apprentice greet the bakers. Kid asks how they know each other, turns out they had a whole adventure shortly after the Kid left.
    Kid couldn't help but ask how the Bakers out out of B�n�n suo L�ng, they say a golden monster of shorts warped them out of there, they reappeared on the little train.

Pennington goes up to the group, gives them an antidote for Montblanc use.

Kid looks at the time, realizes it would be best to jump off the train when it goes alongside the lake up ahead.
    The group says their goodbyes to everyone, they then jump.

Group lands in the lake as planned, by the time they surface the train is already in the distance.
    The Crystal of Curage is only a little ways now, Just need to get to the Jawson Bog, then finally, the heart of the forest.
    Montiblanc looks a little paler than usual, still hasn't fully recovered from that poison shroom. They best find a shelter for him to recover in before they go entering the bog.
    Last edited by Puzzle044; August 28th, 2015 at 07:33 PM.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Well, I wasn't originally going to have all the "Objection!"s in the final confrontation but I think now I have no choice!

See if you can find a cave or group of trees to use as a shelter.

Well, if you find a shelter, make sure to check it thoroughly for spider monkeys.

...Wait, no, that wasn't creative enough. Uhm...okay, also check for GOOMBAS! That might matter, too.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

(I am not sure how big the next post will be, so this one is going to be small.)

The group finds a cave surrounded by trees; looks like a safe place. They go in.
    Inside they make a small fire by the entrance. They all decide to break out some of the Boston Sandwhichs,
    they hadn't eaten since the tavern, and all that fighting on the train lead to a mighty appetite.

The moogle having fully recovered from the poison tests his abilities by casting fire down the cave,
    the group noticed something in the shadows reflect the light of the flames.
    The Kid walks to the object, finds a book with a golden colored hand on the front, on the hand was the number one.
    Kid opens the book up, seems to be a Journal. The others take a look as the Kid read further.
    The book's owner had been investigating the odd creatures and places found in the Unknown;
    he had made a boat to cross the pond on the outskirts of the bog, but he realized something that caused him to hold off on crossing.

The boat is said to be stored in the back of the cave. The group found it, but were also found in the process.
    A Fungui Crawler, Who-knows-what, and a spider monkey duo appeared.

Kid figures they shouldn't be hard to beat, but he could capture one or two if he wanted.
    Once that is settled, they'll take the boat and enter the Jawson bog.

OMG GRAVITY FALLS REFERENCE

Use the who-knows-what as a club to try to beat up the spider-monkeys, and then attempt to catch the Fungui Crawler.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    OMG GRAVITY FALLS REFERENCE

Use the who-knows-what as a club to try to beat up the spider-monkeys, and then attempt to catch the Fungui Crawler.
    Seconded. Specifically, use a Monster Capsule on the Fungui Crawler.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Ooh! Catch the brown mushroom-looking thingie!

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

(Fairly big post, gotta fit in that dream sequence.)

The Kid picks up the who-knows-what and whacks the spider monkey duo good; all three monsters faint.
    Kid throws a monster capsule at the fungui crawler, it didn't put up much of a fight.
    The group picks up the boat, get out of the cave, place it on the pond's edge; they were ready to cross.

They all get on; Leif and Praile start rowing.
    The Kid decides to read up more on the Jawson bog in the golden hand journal.
    The writer had went all around outside of the pond that surrounds the bog;
    judging by the bog's size, he wrote that it would take no more than an hour to transverse it on foot.
    He also noted that the bog always had an ominous fog, tried to analyze it using some device... Kid couldn't find the written results.
    Kid stopped looking for it when he heard singing in the distance.

They hit land, they are in the Jawson bog now, they get up and walk around, they decide to walk in a straight path,
    even if they were to miss the center they'll just run into the other side of the pond that surrounds the bog. They keep walking.
    This place is worse than anywhere they've ever seen. This place ain’t like the same as anywhere else. This place is…intoxicating.
    It's been two hours by now; They hadn't run into anything, should've at least reached the other side an hour ago.
    They look around; everything looked different, yet all the same. Somehow, they have became lost.
    The group all agree to continue walking the same direction, before moving far the moogle collapses, and falls into a deep sleep, Praile does the same, as does Leif.
    Before the Kid knew it, he hit the ground; falls asleep, maybe for the last time. Don’t know where he’s gone.
    Might be gone for good for all I know. Wherever he is…It’s somewhere I’ve never been. Somewhere I never want to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Might be gone for good for all I know. Wherever he is…It’s somewhere I’ve never been. Somewhere I never want to go.

Kid finds B�n�n suo L�ng in ruins, the dead welcomes him with a lobster and pie; Kid leaves them. He sees what's left of the Rippling Walls; years of work undone in moments.
    The ground quakes, Kid is approached by a swarm of Greenbacks, they had survived the disaster. Kid succeeds where the Calamity failed.

Kid finds himself in a prison cell, the petty thief had the nerve to walk around with the Marshal badge and Breaker Bow he stole.
    Ol' Jim the guard walks in to teach the thief a valuable life lesson; Kid rejects it, beats Ol' Jim good, escapes the cell.
    Finds four others in another cell, they ain't among the living. Kid lead them to their doom.

The Kid snuck over the CrumbleBeanz Kingdom Castle's wall.
    The thief sees the princess, the princess turns her head,
    Spoiler: Kid steps back as he sees her face. 

The petty thief broke all the pots in the little room. Kid looks up at the door, sees a mask salesman and the Prime Minister.
    What do they say to a Kid who has done to much? "You shouldn't have done that."

Kid uses a ticket to board the train, it can send him even farther. Into the Wild Unknown.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. It’s so simple with this one. Now here’s a Kid whose whole world’s all right. Just snoozing away in his home. He wakes up…I’m just fooling.
    He walks out of his little home. B�n�n suo L�ng is undone, Fungui crawlers break in... all undone. Kid sees what’s left of his lifelong friend. His friend, he’s come undone too.
    He sees…what’s left…undone.

Kid vainly tries to hold onto something, tries to escape reality.
    There's no way out. There is No. Way. Out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought he was gone, but he finally comes to. Kid's finds himself covered in red branches; he breaks out of them.
    He wasn't the only one in branches, the other three were covered too, but they still have not awoken.
    Kid goes to wake them up and remove the branches, the Kid is over shadowed.
    A tall dark shadowy figure approaches the Kid, says the forest has already claimed them, that they won't be waking up.
    He tells the Kid it would be best to leave them, before the forest takes him too.
    The Kid says he isn't going to leave his friends behind, the figure takes a step closes, says he is trying to help him.

The Kid didn't like how close the figure was getting, something tells the Kid force won't stop him.
    Kid is going to need to somehow buy enough time to get the others and flee.

Wow...huh. That was one hell of a oh god damnit.

HI HELLO YO HEY HOLLA KONICHIWA ALOHA HOWS IT GOING?!?

...Uuuuugh. Ahile I appreciate you turned the glow off your text, I do not think I can say the same for the blatant story intrusi-

Oh, please! Don't be so modest, we both know that we absolutely LOVE to see each other like this! Though, I gotta say, that little thingie right there threw me for a super-serious loop! If I could throw loops, and they could throw back, we could throw a loop party that would involve nothing but looping and looping and looping and looping and looping and loopingandloopingandloopingandloopingloopingandloopingandloopingandloopingloopingandloopingandloopingandloopingloopingandloopingandloopingandloopingand-

AAUUUUUUUGH!...You know what? Trickster Alex can serve as a distraction. Because I literally can't think of anything that would be more distracting at this moment.

YIPPIE! I HAVE PLOT RELEVANCE AGAIN!

Turns until Trickster Mode ends: NOT ENOUGH

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Yeah I don't know what just happaned there.

Play a game of Monopoly with the figure. That game lasts forever.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

(This is going to be interesting... I'll also fit in those statues in the process. XD)

The Kid run out of options; That is, till Alex arrived.
    Alex walked over to the tall shadowy figure, threw down a box containing the game Monopoly. Several things were different about the fox.
    The dark figure looked at Alex and his challenge, he was amused; he has ran into many quirky folks, but none like this.
    He makes a deal with the fox, says he will leave the others alone for the duration of the game, though if Alex loses... the figure had a task for him.
    They both start the game.

Kid wasn't sure if this was another segment of his twisted dream, regardless, the Kid wasn't going to let this chance slip by.
    Just as the Kid gets to the other three, Praile wake up. The bird burns the branches off of himself, he then helps the Kid unbind the other two.
    Both MontBlanc and Leif wake up as the red branches where being removed, all four of them then hurry away from Alex and his foe.

I may always wonder what took place in those dreams they had.
    They never much cared to speak of them, save Montblanc;
    Unlike the others, his was more a full adventure than a twisted nightmare.

The group were still unsure were to go, Kid remembers the hint coin. He uses it.
    Statues start falling out of the darkened sky, they seem to be forming a trail.
    The four follow the trail till they reach a large tree, a tree so huge that it would've made finding the center easy if the fog wasn't so thick.

They go inside, and there they saw it... the Crystal of Courage.
    Before it was the guardian, fully covered in thick blue armor. Exdeath.

Exdeath was at a desk, stamping all sorts of objects his multi-weapon wielding minion would find and bring to him.
    The four looked as the guardian picked up the old lost items, he would stamp them "Void", all while laughing mentioning the word void each time.
    Exdeath notices the group before him, slowly approaches the Kid, grabs the Marshel badge, sees it's not the Kid's, stamps it. He laughs and says everything shall return to the void.
    The Guardian started to make his way to the desk, but not before Praile would extravagantly state that they came for the Crystal of Courage.
    Exdeath says they don't stand a chance; that he will send them all to the void.

The group heard enough of his obsession with the void, and braced themselves for battle.

-Kid 50/50
    -Praile 50/50
    -Leif 50/50
    -Montblonc 50/50

-Exdeath 200/200

(Probably should have waited another day before updating so soon... whoops.)
    Last edited by Puzzle044; September 7th, 2015 at 11:39 PM.

Stamp his face with Void.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Whilst none of the others may know of the things Praile had seen his "dream", they were still grim thoughts that would stick with him throughout their adventure...thoughts he wished not to share...

However, as this character's owner, I feel the need to share his thoughts with you anyways. Because CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

Spoiler: The Dream 

*Alex, whilst playing Monopoly, ends up landing on a "Go To Jail" space.

"BINGO!...Or...was it JENGA!...It recently occurs to me I've never actually played this game before! Isn't that swell?"

As for Exdeath, lament that Decisive Battle isn't playing...yes, I know there's three songs of that exact title mock the power of the void. Begin by stating "Tabuu did it first", in as trollish a way you can imagine. This should (hopefully) send him into Berserk status, preventing him from using magic-based attacks. And I guess have Praile whack him with the Zillyhoo. Which I seriously have no idea how he has, I mean the chronology of it all doesn't quite add up here...

I should probably mention I didn't make those Praile Mugshots. A friend of mine named Nub-hat made them, though I did do some edits to the bottom part of the beak. Also, Latiken sprite was a recolor of this. I swear, I spent way more time on that post than I needed to...

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

(Oooo, Praile's dream? Excellent!)

Exdeath goes to attack; the music stops.
    The Kid sees the guardian's minion, Gilgamesh, removing the vynal from a gramophone nearby.
    The minion says that he already claimed the theme and that fits himself much more.
    Noticing the title, the guardian agrees, says that Kid and his friends will soon know a theme truly befitting a master of the void.
    Exdeath walks over to the gramophone, picks up a track called "Battle on the Bridge."
    Gilgamesh gave his master a deathly glare, seems Gilgamesh has claimed that theme as well.
    Exdeath puts on his own theme, "Decisive Battle."
    Theme wasn't a personal favorite of the Kid's, but he takes this as a good time to attack the guardian's ego, says that the theme is underwhelming for a "master of the void"
    Says Exdeath is a joke, that Tabuu successfuly used the void first, had a better theme, and would K.O Exdeath one hit no contest. -Ego 25,000/50,000
    Kid continues on to say that if they where in a popularity contest to decide who would join a special cross-over fighting event, Tabuu would win.
    Kid snatches the stamp out of the guardian's hand and stamps him in the head, says with Tabuu around Exdeath's role is void. -Ego 0/50,000
    (Bonus: Was Exdeath awesome enough to cross over worlds in order to get beaten up by a key wielding kid? I didn't think so.) (I... don't seem to be good at trolling. XD))

Though no one could see it due to his thick armor, Exdeath's ego exploded. -Exdeath 100/200
    Exdeath sucked the Gramophone into the void, Kid knew he made him mad.
    He then created a small void sphere, through it Kid could see Benon suo Long, the CrumbleBeanz Kingdom, the Molentry Excess Express, and some other train.
    Exdeath says to the Kid that after he deals with him and his friend, he will send the whole world into the void.
    Though Exdeath was too enraged to use magic, he didn't hesitate to use the void's power. He warped behind the Kid; hits him hard. -Kid 35/50
    Leif charges at him, Leaf blade in hand; Exdeath blocks and counters, sends Leif flying backward. -Leif 33/50
    Pralie closes in with his weapon named Zillyhoo, Exdeath again blocked, but not without his armor denting, though it didn't stop Exdeath from dealing a blow back. -Pralie 37/50
    Montblanc sends a flurry of fire and lighting, Exdeath creates a void sphere to absorb it, he then creates eight smaller ones around the moogle and sends it all back. -Montblanc: 16/50
    Kid gets up, lands a blow with his old friend; didn't leave a dent. The dent that Pralie left was now no where to be seen either; as if the armor is healing itself.

Exdeath laughs, says they cannot break his impenetrable defense.
    Leif noted something odd when he attacked, that Exdeath aura was oddly familiar in a way, almost like a tree.
    Regardless, they are going to need to find a way to break through the guardian's defense.

Meanwhile at the Monopoly game.
    The dark figure bought both dark blue spaces, Board Walk and Park Place. His plan was coming along perfectly.
    Alex goes around buying whatever he lands on. He hits the "Go to Jail" space; gets his piece locked up good, needs to roll a double now.
    The fox shouts Bingo and then Jenga, goes on to say that he actually hasn't played the game before;
    to this the tall figure must have given a refined smirk, no way of knowing for sure.

(Took me a while to decide what decisive battle theme to use with what part. XD)
    (Hopefully the punctuation wasn't too dreadful, still looking for that balance of the narrator's pauses and continuous story telling.)

Trick Exdeath into blowing himself up. Somehow. Basically, I have no idea what to do.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Inflate his ego so much that it explodes again.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

I've always wondered why X's Final Battle music was far more awesome than the actual Final Boss. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

If Exdeath is a tree, then perhaps using Fire-based magics on him would be effective? Ice would potentially be effective, too, but this isn't operating on Pokemon logistics as Manfred would no doubt "calmly" place it, plus that was already tried already with mitible results.

Here's an idea: perhaps Montblank casts reflect on himself (as to double against him being protected against any more spells in his lowered health), then cast Fire/Ice spells on himself. That way, Exdeath can't reflect them...but there's still dispel...any chance Leif can use Armor Break with that sword?

As for Alex (whom I'm too lazy to write more color-dialogue for at the moment), the suddenly-intense battle music is noted, and the candy-coated Zoroark suplexes the board. Of course, due to his reality-warping abilities, the game is still kept in tact, pieces almost seemingly glued onto the board in mid-air, and once the board lands, he decides to make his next move, rolling an infinite-sided die.

[img]unrelated.gif[/img] Turns until Trickster Mode ends: 2.1 [img]unrelated.gif[/img]

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Thread Information