Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this one.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this one.

Hello, so after reading all these great Cyoas, I figured I should give making one a try.
    In this Cyoa I am going to try to narrate it Bastion style. (Which it's been a while since I played, so don't expect perfection. XD)
    I more or less got a loose story line figured out, it's going to be slightly based on Bastion (lot for the first post or two.) and a few other games, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.
    Also the main character will simply be referred to as the "the kid" however that doesn't mean he's the same as the main character of Bastion.

Updates will be at random.

Now precautions/warnings/infos said...
    -----------------------------------------

A proper story is suppose to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this one.
    Now hereís a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky. He gets up.
    Feels the floor beneath him crumble as he sets off for the Bastion; where everyone agreed to go in case of trouble.
    He finds his lifelong friend just lying in the road.
    (Who or what is this life long friend?)
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Re: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this on

His favorite 2x4, Plank.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Working on something big. ...Okay, maybe not that big, but still pretty cool.

Re: A proper CYOA is supposed to start at the beginning, ain't so simple with this on

His best friend is a talking pie.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

His best friend was a good fighter who apparently gave his life not even a month ago to save everyone else.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    His favorite 2x4, Plank.
    I'm seconding this.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

His best friend was a Specter named Pisces Aphrodite who, for a long time, had successfully pretended to be the Pisces Gold Saint, but was found out after the spray paint he put on his surplice got scratched.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

A magic lobster named Clammy.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

It must be usable as a hammer. Otherwise, he'll first find himself up against Cannons for the break of canon, and we can't have that, now can we?
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    His favorite 2x4, Plank.
    Perfect. Except it has a goofy grin drawn on it in sharpie.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

(Okay, so this update is going to be rather big, namely due to wanting to finish this part before more choices come into play. You'll see why.
    On a side note, while looking at the script of Bastion, I forgot how many periods there are... I am having an urge to use semicolons. XD)

The kid pick up his lifelong friend; a 2 by 4 plank with a goofy grin drawn on it. Well itís aÖ touching reunion.
    His old friend comforts the Kid in more ways than one. He sees whatís left of the Rippling Walls; years of work being undone in moments.
    The kid moves on; sees a lobster going by the name Clammy holding a talking pie, telling him to follow. The kid donít stop to wonder why, and follows.
    The kid sees something in the distance; Greenbacks.

They are known to lurk in the sewers of the city; must've surfaced in swarms due to the quakes.
    The kid bops them good, sends them flying. Has a feeling his old friendís gonna come in handy a lot.

The lobster and pie float past a ravine; Itís a bit of a drop.
    The kid jumps... and then, falls to his death; I'm just fooling.
    The Kid lands on a Breaker's bow, and it broke. Next to it was the Breaker, long gone.
    Folks say there was a Breaker that single handily saved the city from fungi crawlers, he however, was never found; till now.
    Clammy and the pie reappeared, leading the way to the Bastion; the kid followed.
    Farther down the path, someoneís up ahead. That a evacuator? No, that's a specter.
    The kid mistakes him for a Gasfella; strikes him hard. Plank passes through, does nothing.
    The specter tells the kid what he is; what he was.
    He was known as Pisces Aphrodite, who for a long time faked the role of Pisces Gold Saint.
    His role however, only lasted as long as the golden spray paint on his surplice did.
    The specter reveals a short cut; the kid takes it.

The kid makes it to the Bastion at last, as do plenty others.
    A quake hits hard. Keeps going. Gets stronger.
    The kid looks down at the city; Something emerges from the earth. Lavos
    Panic breaks out; so do the spikes from the monster.
    The spikes land, they detonate; destroying everything in it's wake.
    The event was forever engraved in the kid's mind. The Calamity
    A spike hits the Bastion; it detonates.

The kid wakes up; sees his lifelong friend leaning on the wall beside him, grin still beaming. Everything, just like several days before.
    The kid gets up, looks through the window; realizes it was a dream... or was it?
    He feels something; puts his hand into his pocket. Finds a note; "The Calamity is coming."
    The kid didn't think he could have been more awake; Nothing in the city can stop it.
    He needs to find someone or something that can. Somewhere beyond the city's walls.
    Not going to be so simple. The city of Ba Sing Se, now called Bžnŗn suo Lůng; is known for not letting it's citizens leave.
    The kid needs a plan; he also considers visiting a few places before going. As he likely won't be coming back.
    There's a bakery nearby, aswell as a plumbing company owned by two good folks; there's likely some other places of interest.

Working on something big. ...Okay, maybe not that big, but still pretty cool.

To the bakery! Awaaaaaaay!

Acquire a baguette at the bakery, then visit the plumbers.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

See what the bakery has for sale.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Visit the bakery, then look for a general store. ((I applaud your references, Puzzle.))

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

It is now inevitable that my Samurott OC, Cyan, will jump into this CYOA to fight off Lavos and make tons of in-joke references that nobody will get

Go to the Plumbers, and ask the managers there if they can teach you and Plank some good Bros. Attacks.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Buy a bunch of healing items from the bakery... and grab yourself a backpack for your items. Equip your best friend, and go to the plumberererers to either GET ITEM or make battle. Or maybe chat it up, these guys are plumbers so they probably sound italian know a lot about the cities secret passages and such.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

(Finally got this one ready, I am quite glad things are going well so far.)

The kid grabs a backpack and his lifelong friend; set off for the bakery; he always enjoyed the atmosphere there.
    He opens the door, the baker in blue was quick to notice, but slow to realize.
    "Welcome! Our bakery uses only the finest ingredients! Upper-cust goods for not much dough!- Oh, it's you!"
    The baker relaxes a little; asks how the kid is doing. The baker in purple comes in from the back room; excited to see the bakery's favorite customer.
    she asks the kid what he wants. The kid buys a baguette and several rolls; sees a slice of pie. She notices, said that they just started selling them.
    The baker in blue mentions the boss wasn't to thrilled at the idea of selling baked good other than bread, but let them give it a go anyways.
    The Kid buys the slice, says that he won't be able to come back for awhile, but not to worry.

The kid stops by the plumbing company, he is welcomed by two friends;
    He worked with the brothers plenty in his line of carpentry work; got to know them well.
    The kid asks if there is a way out the city from the sewers, there wasn't.
    The pipe that leads out is grated for several yards; longer than the wall itself.
    The shorter brother said he may know another way out, There is one thing with free clearance to leave the city; Scumbags.
    (aww, don't give me that look. I didn't mean it in a bad way.)
    all them owned by two shady characters that run the garbage business.
    The brother says one might be able to hide inside a garbage bin until it got ingested by a Scumbag,
    then let it slosh on out of the City for disposal; slip out undetected.
    The brothers ask the kid why he's trying to leave; kid tells them his dream and of the note.
    The taller brother became pale like he saw a ghost, the kid wasn't sure what part scared the tall one more, Lavos or the specter.
    Both brothers decide to teach the kid some moves, moves that requires perfect sync with a partner; bro attacks.
    The kid learns all the moves currently feasible to preform with his lifelong friend; Splash bro, Swing bro, and Bounce bro.
    He asks one more thing before leaving, asks the brothers to watch over some friends, in case Lavos isn't stopped.

The kid went to the general store, saw some rope and arrows for sale, shame he had no bow.
    He ponders what to buy, and what method he should use to leave; he also thinks once more if there is any place to visit before he leaves.