Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hope this is an uncontroversial opinion

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: I hope this is an uncontroversial opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ruane View Post
    Interestingly, the L facing the wrong direction is evidence that 2P Start did some research. Bitf's Waluigi in the first 17 Waluigi comics, as well as a few from the Waluigi Triliogi, have the L facing the wrong way. Thus, the 2P Start guest comic correctly shows that in the transition from Nintendo Waluigi to Bitf Waluigi. The the L changed direction.

That said, Waluigi's appearance change is the only accurate depiction. Captain Falcon is uncharacteristically aggressive with the unprovoked Falcon Punch. And as said, the tennis reference makes no sense.
    Now that is actually an interesting observation. Probably the single thing the comic has going for it, in that case.

Triforcebun did at least let friends and family create some comics, like Brawl From the Family and the occasional fiftyeighthens comics. But I must agree he probably didn't trust other artists to make a Brawl in the Family-esque guest strip.

Now my pick for the worst comic is 483 – Mr. Game & Watch Meets Paper Mario. TB should have just cancelled the Tuesday update if he was going to be so lazy about it.
    For me at least, when talking about guest strips I was excluding 58 and family just by virtue of them being sorta part of the BitF team - 58's made a handful of comics, and his family helped with musical stuff. They're in the BitF bubble so I view it as sorta being a pseudo-guest strip. But that's just personal semantics, heh.

483's definitely one of the worst, but personally even that one... as lazy as it is, it's still more inspired and amusing than the 2P Start one. Certainly a good choice though, totally respectable and legit contender to the throne. Some others that come to mind for being similarly questionable to me... See Master Belch and Variations on a Visual Gag. Master Belch is just... it's not even really an Earthbound reference, like if it wasn't for the fact that I don't take TB to be this kind of guy, I'd think he was drunk when he made it. It's just kinda dumb, I don't think it's anywhere near 2P Start or G&W meets Paper Mario quality but it's certainly noticeably odd and out of place. Variations on a Visual Gag... well, Jim summed it up best with his submission: "How can we get people to write this comic for us?". It's like TB had an idea but just didn't really feel like doing anything with it, and so we got that gimmick that I think fell flat and ended up being a waste of potential.

For me, the I basically rank it as 2P Start being the worst, with all of Cocoon Academy, all of Snake in the Grass, and all of the Sleepover arc as being right after it. Didn't like Cocoon Academy at all, to me it got way too stereotypically fanfictiony in a bad way (I know I'm forgetting to specify which comics, but basically anything that ended up referring to Cocoon Academy ended up just making me groan and never did anything for me, so I'm kinda lumping that all in together even though that's inefficient). Snake in the Grass bugs me primarily because it is just not what Snake is like in the slightest, and I think a lot of the ideas fall flat (like I said earlier, best way to salvage it would be repurposing it into being Captain Falcon vs Blood Falcon). Sleepover comic we actually had a lengthy debate about in the current comic discussion thread, my main issues being that Dedede was incredibly sympathetic when TB actually wanted you to think "man Dedede, stop being such a buzzkill!" and Kirby blowing up over getting a soft object thrown at him was just not even slightly earned; it's an incredibly unbelievable straw that broke the camel's back not just in the context of the entirety of BitF, not just in the context of BitF and the games... it's completely unbelievable even in the context of just that arc. Like it's easier to believe if you count literally the entire history of Kirby and Dedede but even then it breaks any suspension of disbelief, but the biggest issue is the fact that even within the context of that story arc it's an impossible pill to swallow, the idea that Kirby would lose his mind over a pillow when Dedede's outright tried to kill him before. Kirby just came across as a completely unlikeable jerk, but TB's intent was for us to side with him. There's really no reason to.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    I know that Dyna is a pretty good artists (much better than those 2p start guys), so being rejected because you're not a "professional" is just downright terrible.
    Not to mention, Dynawing was recognized by Triforcebun for his BitF Animated. He even had a link to it on the home page. Too bad it has been lost to eblah.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

Forum Moderator

Heh, I loved this one too. This actually would've fit perfectly on BitF, and I feel like TB would've loved it too... missed opportunity, man.

Quote Originally Posted by OshaliteX2 View Post
    I never got the comic, so I never really thought about it. But yeah, it is pretty bad.

Also...
    This... this made me laugh. Sorry?
    Why be sorry? Seriously, apologizing to me is like the last thing you need to do if something I wrote made you laugh. That's one of my goals in writing (well, most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Golly gee, thanks for reminding me of this comic. And by thanks, I mean how could you.

It seems pretty damn lazy, yeah, and after hearing your BitF Trail story, I'm a little peeved. But from what I understand, Matt and the 2PStart guys were like, close friends or something, which would explain things.
    I'M SORRY IT WAS IN THE CHAT AND I JUST, I NEEDED TO GET IT OUT THERE, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF MAN, I HAD TO DO IT

You're right about them being pretty close yeah, at least so far as I remember. I'm actually not sure if he was close with them before or after the comic... I'm curious how long he was. If they were super close beforehand I could sorta get it (though that still doesn't excuse the rejections, geez. That stung, especially as a response to me trying to do an event that tied together the main site and the forums, as well as a chance for people on the site to get a neat opportunity to do something special), but if they didn't know each other that well until 2P Start reached out... not sure why they would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    That's pretty interesting and... well, that sounds terrible. I would've been pretty angry about that reasoning, too. I know that Dyna is a pretty good artists (much better than those 2p start guys), so being rejected because you're not a "professional" is just downright terrible. What defines a "professional" in this case anyway? Having a website regardless of skill? Sure seems like it in this case. I do remember Dyna (among others) doing a lot of art for the BitF Trail, so at least for that reasons alone Matt could've thrown them a bone and not flat out reject them for not being "professional". Sounds a bit ungrateful, to be quite blunt here.

Oh, I also remember SMAAASH! I thought the comics were pretty amusing back in the day and the art was nice to look at. If I'm not mistaken, Sam even had an account on the e-blah forum and posted his early comics there.
    It really did come across as "website = professional", which was especially demeaning because there are some really awful artists (cough 2P START cough) who have their own sites and somehow that puts them ahead of talents who don't have the expendable income or knowhow to make a website. I went in knowing that rejection was a distinct possibility... I didn't expect a rejection that would cut to the bone and crap on people who wanted to do something nice for TB while trying to make the website he owned a nicer, more connected place.

Sam's got an account here, too. He's Skeleton, the last member to join (we decided to put a moratorium on adding new members after that... no point, the site's getting more broken and dead, why should people want to join anymore). He doesn't actually really use it, but... the more you know!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningfart View Post
    I'M SORRY IT WAS IN THE CHAT AND I JUST, I NEEDED TO GET IT OUT THERE, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF MAN, I HAD TO DO IT
    You come into my house

On the day my daughter is to be married.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningbort View Post
    You're right about them being pretty close yeah, at least so far as I remember. I'm actually not sure if he was close with them before or after the comic... I'm curious how long he was. If they were super close beforehand I could sorta get it (though that still doesn't excuse the rejections, geez. That stung, especially as a response to me trying to do an event that tied together the main site and the forums, as well as a chance for people on the site to get a neat opportunity to do something special), but if they didn't know each other that well until 2P Start reached out... not sure why they would go for it.
    Hmm, yeah I see what you mean. I know at least Matt talked about being, like, a fan of the comic before the guest strips, if that means anything.

But him rejecting you guys' guest strips was a dick move, totally.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

A dick move from Matt? Seriously? We're really talking about the same guy here? Matt's always been just the most super-positive ball of happy on here, I only remember him showing hints of slight discontent when defending his Sleepover Arc (which is the second worst thing in all of BitF in my opinion), I just can't imagine him actually shooting down such a fun idea for no (real) reason whatsoever.

How surprising to hear.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Sleepover comic we actually had a lengthy debate about in the current comic discussion thread, my main issues being that Dedede was incredibly sympathetic when TB actually wanted you to think "man Dedede, stop being such a buzzkill!" and Kirby blowing up over getting a soft object thrown at him was just not even slightly earned; it's an incredibly unbelievable straw that broke the camel's back not just in the context of the entirety of BitF, not just in the context of BitF and the games... it's completely unbelievable even in the context of just that arc. Like it's easier to believe if you count literally the entire history of Kirby and Dedede but even then it breaks any suspension of disbelief, but the biggest issue is the fact that even within the context of that story arc it's an impossible pill to swallow, the idea that Kirby would lose his mind over a pillow when Dedede's outright tried to kill him before. Kirby just came across as a completely unlikeable jerk, but TB's intent was for us to side with him. There's really no reason to.
    ...huh.
    I never really thought about that. To me that arc is just kinda funny and that's it. I never really sided with anyone in that comic... nor thought Kirby or the Dee'd was out of character.
    Though that's probably because I read it when BitF was a ways into the 400s, so I could go straight to the next part. I'm just not gonna think about it too hard.

Also did this thread suddenly become BitF expert analysis in the past few hours?
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

2P Start! apparently felt the need that alternate character personalities are acceptable when you're making a guest comic. To explain myself a little bit more clear, since I am bad at sentences: Brawl in the Family is a fan-comic of Nintendo stuff. Obviously. A lot of the humor comes from alternate character interpretations, as well as how they would interact with one another. For the most part, none of the characters were ever all that malignant, even the villains. With that said, what 2P Start! does with the characters (especially Captain Falcon) is like if TB somehow took over Metal Gear and replaced serious Snake with Snake in the Grass Snake.

Anyway, I, for one, enjoy this thread because it opens the door for criticism of a comic that was clearly a big enough part of our lives to make an account on its forums and remain past its death.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    2P Start! apparently felt the need that alternate character personalities are acceptable when you're making a guest comic. To explain myself a little bit more clear, since I am bad at sentences: Brawl in the Family is a fan-comic of Nintendo stuff. Obviously. A lot of the humor comes from alternate character interpretations, as well as how they would interact with one another. For the most part, none of the characters were ever all that malignant, even the villains. With that said, what 2P Start! does with the characters (especially Captain Falcon) is like if TB somehow took over Metal Gear and replaced serious Snake with Snake in the Grass Snake.

Anyway, I, for one, enjoy this thread because it opens the door for criticism of a comic that was clearly a big enough part of our lives to make an account on its forums and remain past its death.
    Biggest problem with your idea here: what personalities? Waluigi is nervous about tennis for some reason, Captain Falcon randomly punches him. There's no personality expressed at all except for "Waluigi is nervous about tennis".

One of the things that has attracted people to BitF is the fact that it typically DOESN'T do alternate character interpretations. Historically it's mostly been "let's be accurate to the characters and make jokes along those lines". See, "alternate character interpretations" are only really successful if go for a slightly more exaggerated version of a character that still feels sorta true to it (this is typically what BitF does - it's pretty much not even an alternate interpretation in a lot of cases, Mario and Kirby are the most prevalent characters and they're almost exclusively accurate portrayals), or if you go for a complete opposite version of a character in order to create a contrast with the original. 2P Start, both in its actual series and in the BitF comic, doesn't actually do any of that. It's a generic Waluigi that really has no resemblance to Waluigi aside from a vague physical appearance, and a generic Captain Falcon that serves as nothing more than... a nonsensical plot device. Looking at stuff BitF did, the notable cases where characters act... well, out of character? Snake in the grass Snake is really the only one that immediately comes to mind, I suppose we also have Captain Falcon but he doesn't even really have a personality and TB uses him more as a meme. I mean hell, even Waluigi is rooted in some legitimate basis - watch any Mario sports game intro, Waluigi is a complete asshole in really funny ways. He's weird and poorly explained, and TB plays upon all of that.

So no, I don't really buy that defense of the 2P Start guest comic. It doesn't use alternate interpretations, it doesn't even interpret. They might as well have made Waluigi a featureless stick figure that gets mauled by a bear and becomes BitF's Waluigi design, and it would frankly make just as much sense as the comic they currently have. That's another one of the fundamental levels on which it fails as a comic that I didn't already discuss - it purports to be about Waluigi and Captain Falcon, but it really isn't about them at all. Yeah, it LITERALLY features Waluigi in every panel, but is it actually Waluigi? It's just so very rushed and bland that no matter how you spin "alternate character interpretation" there is nothing that ties it to Waluigi in any way other than literally being drawn as him.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; July 10th, 2015 at 12:22 AM.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    A dick move from Matt? Seriously? We're really talking about the same guy here? Matt's always been just the most super-positive ball of happy on here, I only remember him showing hints of slight discontent when defending his Sleepover Arc (which is the second worst thing in all of BitF in my opinion), I just can't imagine him actually shooting down such a fun idea for no (real) reason whatsoever.
    Actually...

This isn't anything new. I wouldn't call it a "dick move" moreso than "acting independently of suggestions from others", this case included. It's actually been occurring for most of the comic's life.

Sorta reminds me of Sakurai and Smash in a way.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Well, at least 2P Start wrote this comic: http://www.2pstart.com/2010/02/25/ce...-the-hedgehog/
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos, from Gravity Falls

I'm working on a Future Pinball game, called Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride! Check out my blog if you want to know more!

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Well isn't this the second most surprising thread to wake up and see today.

I dunno, it kinda just felt to me that, TB wasn't particularly comfortable with popularity. If he was close to the 2P start guys he might not've seen them making a guest comic as anything different than 58 making one, but to have to organize an influx of guest comics from people he didn't really know, I can see why he'd be against that.

Tho, this is assuming a lot of relationships between TB and a lot of people, I dunno, it just feels like he didn't want any guest comics, but made an exception for 2P because he knew them and wanted to give their comic a bump.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Yeah the 2P start guest comic never really made sense to me,
    I mean I would hate to think that Falcon unintentionally made Waluigi what he is over a tennis game.

I am not going to lie though... I quite like cocoon acdamy and the sleep over arcs.
    Cocoon acdamy did get rather fan fiction-y but it still had the Bitf feel with comics like Part 6.
    While in the sleep over arc, Kirby getting mad did come off as odd, but it wasn't really felt focused on as it swiftly went into a classic(?) brawl. (Also that final panel of the arc was golden. ^-^)

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    Actually...

This isn't anything new. I wouldn't call it a "dick move" moreso than "acting independently of suggestions from others", this case included. It's actually been occurring for most of the comic's life.

Sorta reminds me of Sakurai and Smash in a way.
    "Acting independently of suggestions from others" is certainly a better way to put it, it's his own comic so I don't blame him turning down things he is not sure about.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    "Acting independently of suggestions from others" is certainly a better way to put it, it's his own comic so I don't blame him turning down things he is not sure about.
    It's not that he said no that was problematic - it's HOW he said no. Like I said, I went into the offer knowing that rejection was very much a possibility. "Not a professional" is just kind of an awful way to do it, especially considering that neither he nor 2P Start really had any more of a claim to being "professional" at that time. All they had over the suggested guests was a website. Saying no is fine, it's not like TB was obligated to accept anything that came his way; just don't be rude about it.

The other thing that's notable here - people are assuming they were the best of buds, on par with TB's relationship with 58. We don't actually know that for sure... but take a look at what 2P Start posted on their site when TB did his guest comic two months earlier:

"It’s always nice to get to know other webcomic creators, but it’s especially nice to find one as friendly and talented as Matt."

That... doesn't sound like they were very familiar with each other until 2P Start reached out and asked him to be on their podcast. Of course we can't know for sure, but the more probable assumption from our standpoint is that they had only just met.

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Wow, am i getting some mentions here? Thank you, friends!

Now how to sum up my feelings about the worse parts of the comic... Overall, I really think the comic went downhill after the 300 marker. There's plenty of great ones in there and I still love it in the end, but I think the general quality of the jokes did get worse. I wasn't a fan of most later story arcs – I think my least favorite comic, or rather set of comics, is Snake in the Grass (and frankly I was always bothered by teh Samus/Captain Falcon ship).

I did go out of my way to sing my praises on the comics I liked in the discussion thread, but most of the time I didn't say anything, usually becuase the comic wasn't too impressive or because I didn't like it. But the thing was, every time I did go in and say something that wasn't completely positive I felt like I got mobbed by snark and just general disrespect from all the users who mainly posted in the discussion thread only, always giving praise. I'm not sure if that problem was as bad as I'd like to remember, but the thought always kept me out of saying too much. It was rather weak on my part, honestly, but the community that stuck primarily to the comic board and the art contests could be surprisingly unpleasant in my eyes.

I do think that was one of the problems, though – Matt's a stand-up guy, but he never took much feedback from the community because he was very aloof from this community. He mainly hovered in the comic board and didn't do much posting elsewhere or modding at all – and I don't blame him for being busy or simply leaving the community to its own devices, but the fact he never got involved sometimes gave me the impression that the comic discussion wasn't actually worth much.

Maybe it's bad for me to be all negative about the comic well after the fact, but I always felt uncomfortable saying anything less than positive in the discussion thread and it otherwise felt pointless. The comic was good and ended on a lovely note (even if I was ambivalent on Meet Me at Final Destination) but there's so much in the middle and end I'd have hoped some criticism would have improved.

I do rememebr the idea of doing a guest comic myself was bounced around during the time of the BitF Trail(s), which some of you may rememebr I ended up doing sketches for anyways. All the forum events like that were really a great time, but they also are pretty symbolic of just how distant the forum community became from the comic. How cool would it have been to actually get the community involved and have some guest comics on the front page? Once again I realize the creator doesn't have to allocate time to the community and sometimes can't, but I think if Bun was more involved the comic and community would've been way better for it.

At least I ended up getting on the front page years ago back when I was doing animations. Now there's something for all the old folks.

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

I was thinking of how the basic concept behind 2P Start's guest strip could have been executed better. One thing lead to another, and I ended up creating my own Smash-Up of the Waluigi Origin Story. Tell me if you think this is any better.

This is my first Smash-Up! And the first image I've ever uploaded to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing View Post
    Overall, I really think the comic went downhill after the 300 marker.
    Yeah, overall this is something I'd agree fully with. Honestly if I had to pick a "best" comic, it'd be #300. It showcased everything that people liked about BitF - simple but pleasing (and sometimes colorful) art, fun takes on Nintendo characters, a ton of imagination and clever references, and it was even a fun musical number. I think it's pretty much where the comic peaked, and it was the peak of the musical stuff too.

We did have plenty of good comics afterwards, I recall one summer TB was actually on a roll with a ton of really excellent work, but for the most part I felt the latter 300 tended to have a lot of hit or miss moments, a lot of moments where it was clearly losing steam. TB also took a lot more breaks - that's not a bad thing, but it showed the momentum was clearly petering out, and overall interest in the comic seemed to die out. Prior I'd see people constantly posting BitF around... the volume of that significantly decreased over the past few years, to the point that even on this site I rarely even saw people posting in the comic discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing
    I did go out of my way to sing my praises on the comics I liked in the discussion thread, but most of the time I didn't say anything, usually becuase the comic wasn't too impressive or because I didn't like it. But the thing was, every time I did go in and say something that wasn't completely positive I felt like I got mobbed by snark and just general disrespect from all the users who mainly posted in the discussion thread only, always giving praise. I'm not sure if that problem was as bad as I'd like to remember, but the thought always kept me out of saying too much. It was rather weak on my part, honestly, but the community that stuck primarily to the comic board and the art contests could be surprisingly unpleasant in my eyes.
    And yeah, this was pretty prevalent for myself as well. I'd post constructive criticism where I'd be pretty upfront but polite about what I thought could be done to improve things and get some of that former spark back, but it felt like the comic discussion thread really became the "give TB praise" thread. To a degree it felt like TB started treating it that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing
    I do think that was one of the problems, though – Matt's a stand-up guy, but he never took much feedback from the community because he was very aloof from this community. He mainly hovered in the comic board and didn't do much posting elsewhere or modding at all – and I don't blame him for being busy or simply leaving the community to its own devices, but the fact he never got involved sometimes gave me the impression that the comic discussion wasn't actually worth much.

Maybe it's bad for me to be all negative about the comic well after the fact, but I always felt uncomfortable saying anything less than positive in the discussion thread and it otherwise felt pointless. The comic was good and ended on a lovely note (even if I was ambivalent on Meet Me at Final Destination) but there's so much in the middle and end I'd have hoped some criticism would have improved.
    And yeah, I sorta alluded to this earlier... one of the primary goals of the mod team since I was hired on was getting the main site and the community more integrated. These forums progressively felt less and less like the BitF forums... honestly, "BitF" in the way that I typically use it lately feels more like an orphaned initialism. To me it doesn't even stand for Brawl in the Family anymore, it doesn't stand for Brawl in the Forums... it's just meaningless letters a bunch of people I know use because it's difficult to think of a more fitting name after being so used to associating with that one. TB never had to take part in the integration stuff we wanted to do, but it does make me wonder what could have been if he did. I think it could've only made the community stronger and healthier.

I also forgot about Meet Me at Final Destination. Really didn't care for it, but then again... pretty much after the Mario Christmas Carol arc, seeing the words "new story arc" in reference to BitF just made me tune out of following the site's updates. And I did read all 600 of the comics, too - didn't change matters, the story arcs did not entertain me at all at a certain point. Hell I remember the Cocoon Academy based arc where it was supposed to be a "shocking twist" that Waddle Dee was the masked usurper of Dreamland, and I had called it the moment the character was first alluded to. It was just the most obvious choice for a character meant to to illicit "hah, you thought it was Metaknight or Kirby!"

Yeah... the chat has historically almost never talked about BitF over the past few years, but when it did it almost exclusively devolved into "well, this comic keeps on disappointing lately" with a few scattered "wow that was great"s within. It actually would really bring the mood down, because it wasn't like any of us WANTED to hate on the comic, we'd try to find merit and try to think of ways to give positive constructive critiques - never went over well when we brought it to the comic discussion thread.

Tell me if you think this is any better.
    Honestly, that's better than 2P Start's in every way. Literally every way.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing View Post
    ...Matt's a stand-up guy, but he never took much feedback from the community because he was very aloof from this community...
    This is a much more eloquent way to put into words what I was trying to mention earlier. That's a perfect way to describe how he was like with our community, and I do agree that we missed out on a lot of potential with that change.

I recall getting multiple approval messages and seeing multiple introductory messages from fans that wanted to talk to TB, but how many of them did TB really reply to? I think that accounts for something if he wasn't interacting much with the mod team - that gives me reason to believe he'd interact with his fans in just the same aloof nature.

I don't mean to sound negative - and I know TB + 58 have accused me of that in the past - but there is a clear difference between being negative and offering criticism. The fact that TB is very aloof with his fanbase makes me wonder how successful BitFinity will be as a whole as well. Hopefully he'll learn BitF as a learning experience, because otherwise I can't see BitFinity being successful for more than a few months. You really need to be able to interact with your fanbase a lot more as a smaller developer, and failing to do that tends to lose you said fans (if, say, these people hoping for a reply from TB stopped being big fans afterward).
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; July 10th, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

I was thinking of how the basic concept behind 2P Start's guest strip could have been executed better. One thing lead to another, and I ended up creating my own Smash-Up of the Waluigi Origin Story. Tell me if you think this is any better.

*snip*

This is my first Smash-Up! And the first image I've ever uploaded to the internet.
    This is amazing. Though it's not much when Lightningboalt already complimented it... though it's still amazing.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    It's not that he said no that was problematic - it's HOW he said no. Like I said, I went into the offer knowing that rejection was very much a possibility. "Not a professional" is just kind of an awful way to do it, especially considering that neither he nor 2P Start really had any more of a claim to being "professional" at that time. All they had over the suggested guests was a website. Saying no is fine, it's not like TB was obligated to accept anything that came his way; just don't be rude about it.
    Ah, I see.

@Ruane
    Very nice. XD
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Thread Information