Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Days After - The Forums Gonna Die

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: 2 Days After - The Forums Gonna Die

There are a multitude of reasons the forums are dying. This stuff happens. Making a new place to go doesn't do anything - I have no personal interest in joining some "the other site died, let's go here instead" community. That sort of thing will almost never take off. Here things are at least established. There's a lot of reasons why BitFinity and "reborn" will never be successful, but the biggest is that moving from an established place to a poor imitation has no appeal. The second biggest is that this place is DYING. There's fewer people, and much less activity... the audience for these boards is an already diminishing community that's losing interest/morale. Nobody likes being uprooted and moving elsewhere, and you have a target audience that is losing interest to begin with. By nature, any imitation board is going to be even deader than this one. That's how it goes.

Making other boards fractures your base. It's like shooting holes in a sinking ship - all it does is make you jump into the lifeboats sooner. A good comparison is Sega dropping out of creating consoles - waning interest and fracturing their base by juggling like 4 platforms ruined them.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Truth be told, I'm not sure why they didn't just convert these forums into the Tadpole Treble forums. Granted, TT isn't as popular as Smash Bros, so the amount of people would still lower, but the people still here wouldn't have to be bothered with making a new account and stuff (especially if they don't like Tadpole Treble, but like the community enough).

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

The sense of finality in the air is making me misty-eyed. Lord knows I haven't exactly been the life of the party around this place in the past few months, but my three years with Bitforums was, without exaggeration, a life-changing phase. I've met a lot of friends here, had a lot of experiences I'll carry with me forever, and yadda yadda you've heard all this before so because I love you guys I'll wrap up now.

If anyone wants to get in touch, my Skype name is eliot.fairbanks and my Steam name is aquinasfairbanks. Hit me up on either, I'd be glad to reminisce about the good old days while angrying waving my cane at the youngsters running roughshod over my petunias.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Wait the forums are about to die? Oh no. I joined at the worst possible time.

Or the best.

Geddit

'Cause I'm called Skeleton

clatter clatter
    Thank you

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Let the site die with some dignity, rather than trying to keep it on life support despite its brain death.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Okay guys can we not turn this into a &&&&ing fight thread
    If you've got problems with each other, we have the PM/VM system for that.

I made this thread to encourage people to share contact info/generally make plans for keeping in touch, and I know that a good amount of you are on that ball. Make sure to actually approach the people you want to be in contact with, too! Just idly saying 'dis my e-mail' isn't really enough, as some people might think 'OH THEY CAN'T MEAN ME' and not actually contact you.

Okay? Let's keep this civil.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Yeah, this thread is pretty important. The forums have been dying for a few years but they're important too. Or they were, at any rate.

I haven't been posting much for several months but I've always liked just browsing the place and seeing familiar faces, even if I'm not actually intimate with a lot of the people who actually still use the place. I wouldn't be too surprised if the issues get fixed and the forums carry on in its barren state of existence, but what's important is that while this place is dead the community can still live. If you put in the effort with the people you'd like to keep in touch with most it works out.

I'm still most active on the #bitf IRC so that's the best way to reach me, along with the older portion of the community that drifted from the site. Having a place to ground your own community is pretty important for staying in contact with a lot of people so I'm encouraging people to either give that a try or set up a place for your own circle of friends.

So anyways here's some of my contact info:

3DS Friend Code: 3695 - 0407 - 6963 (Josh)
    Nintendo Network/Miiverse: Dynawing

If you'd like more info just message me, and if you added me on the above do tell since I don't check them too often.

Administrator Forum Administrator jryanm's Avatar

Ok, cleaned up the thread a bit. Please keep discussions either in private messages or their appropriate topics.

Back on topic: I've got a tumblr and Steam, if anyone's interested.
    Spoiler: Unimportant Things 

Tentomon's Toaster Trolley Coxy's Avatar

All relevant links are in my sig, I think. :o

which is to say, tumblr. Not that it's hard to find me elsewhere (skype facebook NNID etc.) as coxyko.
    Last edited by Coxy; April 24th, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

You can find my Steam here.
    I don't play many multiplayer games aside from TF2, but if you like TF2, go ahead and add me.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

the best way to contact me, outside of forums, is easily my steam
    that's about it, really, do let me know who you are though

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

I know I've definitely been absent these past few months, but multitasking is hard with only one monitor and a tiny desk :<

here's a tumblr (sfw aside from a lot of swearing) and a steam (if i'm not offline or playing ffxiv something is wrong) if you'd like to get in touch! my tumblr has some other contact methods if there are more you want to look into from me for whatever reason
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

May as well repost my contact info from the Smash tourney topic:

Steam: yoshistar1
    Twitter: @YoshistarBaxter

While I'm typically available like 90% of the time on Skype (unless something comes up), I'm usually reserved and not very outgoing... so I tend to be quiet a lot. I seem to express myself best on Twitter these days, so I encourage following that one the most. As for Steam, I primarily play single-player games on there-- the only multiplayer games I usually play are Smash and Mario Kart on Wii U/3DS.

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

I think most of you know how to keep in touch with me (not that it's hard to find me), but just in case you don't know:
    It'll be really surprising, watch

• Skype - Eltrotraw
    • Steam - Eltrotraw
    • Youtube - Eltrotraw
    • Email - Eltrotraw@gmail.com
    • Twitter - @Eltrotraw
    • 3DS Code - 0791-4313-6813

I'm also an active lurker on Reddit and Imgur, but I do post here and there (guess my account names there as well). I think that's everything.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

I feel bad I don't have a Skype...
    T-T
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Might as well post what little I have here:
    Steam: Taigiry
    3DS: 1977-0259-5730
    NNID: PaImtopTiger (third letter is an uppercase "i")
    And my hilariously inactive YouTube: Taigiry

In theory I have an XBox 360 live account, but I barely use the console nor do I have a gold account, so I wouldn't be able to do much anyway... I think? The whole Live thing always confused me, but nontheless, the only multiplayer game I have would be Phantom Breaker: BG to begin with. So I don't think there's much point in adding me there.

And that's pretty much it. No tumblr, skype or anything like that. If you wanna add me, it's best to send me a VM or PM first so I know who you are, otherwise chances are good I won't recognize you if you use a name different from BitF.

Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.

Well, well, I seemed to have come back when the forum is slowly growing smaller. I do have some accounts to get in touch with me if you even know who I am or something. Afterall, I feel like my presence here isn't strong enough, as I know only a few of you and probably the other way around for me.

*Steam (please tell me who you are first; I don't accept random friend requests)
    *Super Mario Wiki
    *Game FAQs

I don't go on Tumblr, Facebook, Reddit, etc., so it might be difficult to find me.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

Looks like I chose a great time to make one of my bimonthly appearances!

Most of you who I have known for a long time already are friends with me on facebook, but should you not be and want to be, PM me and I can get you details on twitter/insta/fb.

You can also find me yelling about sports, smash bros, and polandball on reddit under the name westbrookswardrobe. And i still play tf2.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Oh hey, I'm still alive.

It's been a good ride (despite fading out ages ago - school tends to do that to you, apparently) and no matter what happens, I appreciate the time I've spent here. Still my second forum, still the only one I've been a full part of the community. So thanks, everyone.

If you're interested at all and still don't have my tumblr (it's in my sig!) PM me and I'll throw you my skype/steam. I'll still lurk around the place, but least people know where to get me on a more frequent basis :P
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Thread Information