Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Days After - The Forums Gonna Die

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

2 Days After - The Forums Gonna Die

Welp, a lot of us were kind of convinced that we'd just bid the forums goodbye yesterday, given how everything's slowed down a ton here ever since the comic ended - or, more accurately, quite a time before that. BitForums simply haven't been nearly as active as they were a year, year and a half ago, and I know that a lot of us have made some pretty good friendships over this silly gaming forum.

A lot of us have made it possible for each other to contact each other outside of BitForums just in case the codepocalypse happens again and TB/Kisai don't get on it - or, obviously, if TB just wants to shut the thing down.

So, I'd like to heavily recommend that everyone who's got friends on here get some sort of contingency plan up so you can keep talking - e-mail groups, facebook groups, etc. The irc's a solid way to keep connected, too, since it's not directly connected to BitF. Some groups of us have these already set up, and as such we weren't too freaked out about the end of the forums yesterday. For those of you who WERE, this would be a good solution.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Re: 2 Days After - The Forums Gonna Die

What exactly happened yesterday that caused the forums to be down? Does anyone know?

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Jry speculated that it was an update that was installed poorly, but it's hard to say, exactly.

I think it was probably something the Keenspot guys screwed up with.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Keeby emailed Kisai and reported this back:
    PHP was updated but a different opcode cache was used which VB doesn't recognize. - Kisai
    So yeah. Sounds like an update gone wrong.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

It looks like the forum still has some serious issues too. Edit posts is broken and there's weird text at the top of the screen in threads.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

TB's bro set up an alternate forum: http://bitfinitygames.com/forum
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

Well, I'm at least very happy the forums didn't go down, after all. Although I do find it funny how the main website went back up before the forums... And even then, these forums are still glitched...

...It's no doubt gonna be sad to see this forum go when that inevitable time comes where nobody comes here anymore. But...I'd honestly rather it have a slow death as compared to it dying from the ruckus that happened 2 days ago. No forum should ever go down like that without any warning...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Good idea Erue. Let's see...

Miiverse: itsameluigi1290, luigitime1290 (my active one), shadowluigi1290

Twitter: @itsameluigi1290

Tumblr: itsameluigi1290.tumblr.com

DeviantArt: itsameluigi1290

It's pretty much itsameluigi1290 for everything, hehe.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superninfreak View Post
    It looks like the forum still has some serious issues too. Edit posts is broken and there's weird text at the top of the screen in threads.
    Another problem. Whenever I post, it acts like I posted the same thing twice and tells me to wait 30 seconds to post again. Hit the back button, then exit and go back to the thread, and the post it there. It's getting extremely annoying.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kirbinator View Post
    TB's bro set up an alternate forum: http://bitfinitygames.com/forum
    Yup, I can most likely be found here if this forum goes down.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

To vex the world rather than divert it. Villerar's Avatar

You automatically create a post when you click on "Post Reply" or "Post Quick Reply". If you click on a pop-up that says "Leave page", you will make a double post.

You can edit posts if you go to the advanced panel, even though an error message will show up, as the edit will have gone through anyway. The same is the case with VMs (where double posting seems less likely for some reason): you get an error message, but that does not affect the VM being sent.

(Uses Pale Moon.)

Well if anyone wants to keep in touch with me. I can give out my skype and other stuff. Just ask me.

Yeah, anybody who wants to keep up with me, uh,

My Tumblr
    My Skype is double_kiwi

If you want anythin else shoot me a message

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Oh, by the way I finally posted my 3DS friend code, feel free to add me if you want. (I put in a lot of codes, but if I missed yours then let me know.)
    The code is in the 3DS code thread: http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...09#post1068209
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

You can find me via email (Sharingan12@Gmail.com) or search for me on Skype (just use my email and say you're from the forums). In addition, my Steam is open (SBSam) and I'm generally messing about (procrastinating).

Just tell me who you are on the forums and I'll add you (I get a bit wary when it comes to people coming out of the blue [stupid bots]).

It's a shame, the BitForums coming to a slow burn (but I can't say it wasn't expected). So long as we maintain connections, this place'll never really die, I like to think (that's probably just optimism talking [amidst a wave of depression]).

The Villager of Death

My email is picklehorsetempleton@gmail.com (don't ask) so send me a message if you wanna talk sometime.

Also, I suggest you guys start to make accounts on bitfinity forums and the kirby club.

Well, since it's the cool thing to do, if you want to keep in touch with me on Skype, just look up Sable-Xeno (though make sure to let me know who you are first on your request thingie. Much like SBSam, I'm rather wary of bots, and the like >.>

I also tend to go to a lot of other Forums nowadays. I'll usually be going by either the moniker of Sable-Xeno, or Sable~Xeno. It depends.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

The Villager of Death

http://bitforumsreborn.freeforums.net/
    New forums I created for people who liked this one. Join it if you want.

the aura or something... wait isnt this name dangan ronpa Chihiro Fujisaki's Avatar

i literally just got here but if anyone wants to chill with me my skype is zackdaepic *LOUD CRINGING @ USERNAME*

i talk about many things, like mother, yume nikki, pokemon, dangan ronpa... other things that are in my interests
    Last edited by Chihiro Fujisaki; April 23rd, 2015 at 05:27 PM.

SMASH BROS MAINS, bold is notable, italics means i love these characters
    Melee: Marth, Peach, Zelda, Fox, Ness, Luigi, Dr. Mario,
    Brawl/PM: Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Ness, Zelda, Pit, Wolf, Fox, Marth,
    Peach
    4: Lucario, Lucas(SOON), Marth, Fox, Duck Hunt, Pit, Ness, Peach Luigi, Lucina, Zelda

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

I'm pretty sure anyone who would want to keep in touch already has my info, but just in case, here's my Steam.

I also use a couple other forums and whatnot. My username's the same everywhere else as it is here.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

From the half-year I've been here, this has been the best (and first) forum I have ever visited. I really wish it wouldn't end up exactly like the Kirby Club, but I guess it can't be helped.

If anyone wants to contact me on Steam, here's a link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139649978

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

It's SMO all over again!

It can't die now! I was just beginning to make my comeback!

Well, until it dies, this forum is not dead, so let's not get too worked up about this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villager of Death View Post
    http://bitforumsreborn.freeforums.net/
    New forums I created for people who liked this one. Join it if you want.
    Having a contingency plan handy is one thing, but I don't know about making a follow-up forum before the old one actually gives out. It's only going to make the forums die faster if everyone evacuates to another in anticipation. If everyone deserts a ship for fear of it sinking, then it will definitely eventually sink because there will be no one to keep it from crashing.

I'm with Sable-Xeno: If the forums really are going to die, then it should be despite efforts to keep it alive, instead of it happening because everyone gave up on it all at once.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

i have to agree with deuceey dee

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey Dee View Post
    It's SMO all over again!

It can't die now! I was just beginning to make my comeback!

Well, until it dies, this forum is not dead, so let's not get too worked up about this.

Having a contingency plan handy is one thing, but I don't know about making a follow-up forum before the old one actually gives out. It's only going to make the forums die faster if everyone evacuates to another in anticipation. If everyone deserts a ship for fear of it sinking, then it will definitely eventually sink because there will be no one to keep it from crashing.

I'm with Sable-Xeno: If the forums really are going to die, then it should be despite efforts to keep it alive, instead of it happening because everyone gave up on it all at once.
    Also keep in mind that a new forum about the same exact thing with the same exact people won't cause it to die any slower. In fact as was said above, it will accelerate it.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

Thread Information