Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Re: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

I think Roy is so low because of Lucina. That's at least for me a reason why I don't really need him to return, because if he would, we had yet another trio of semiclones in the game's roster, and this one would be even more clone-ish. Also, Fire Emblem has already a whopping 4 playable reps in.
    Though I'd be still happy if he would actually return, as I always liked him more than Marth.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

How exactly was that poll itsame posted even conducted? Some of the results aren't that surprising but some of them are and I question how accurate it'd actually be for how people are actually voting.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    I think Roy is so low because of Lucina. That's at least for me a reason why I don't really need him to return, because if he would, we had yet another trio of semiclones in the game's roster, and this one would be even more clone-ish. Also, Fire Emblem has already a whopping 4 playable reps in.
    Though I'd be still happy if he would actually return, as I always liked him more than Marth.
    Yeah, that certainly does make sense, which is why I kinda lean towards Hector over Roy.
    I mean not only would he be the first axe user, the legendary axe he uses is huge!
    Although I would still miss Roy...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    How exactly was that poll itsame posted even conducted? Some of the results aren't that surprising but some of them are and I question how accurate it'd actually be for how people are actually voting.
    I think it was just an open vote, (multi-choice as well if I am correct, as the new poll the same guy set up is multi-choice.)
    though I personally doubt it's very accurate, for example I visited a board and only a few folks mentioned Shovel Knight while Isaac and King K. Rool was the talk of the town,
    while this poll says Shovel Knight is dominating. (Which I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't line up with what I saw.)
    I think it's probably the multi-choice thing throwing it off. (If that is indeed the case.)
    Last edited by Puzzle044; April 4th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

Hmmm.....I think I'd go with another third party character: The Lego Minifigure. (BIG LEGO FAN) Doubt it'll ever happen, but it'd be cool! It's specials would be something with building or shooting a Lego Blaster, normal attacks would be using Lego items, and Final Smash would be....something creative. Maybe a giant Lego hodgepodge creation?
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

I stand by what I said in the other thread 'My ballots going to characters that are not in the game as hazards, assist trophies, pokeballs and Final Smashes. And no third parties, and not Snake after the bs that Konami is currently pulling with Kojima.

In this case, that means Isaac, Wolf, King K Rool, Walhart, Wonder-Red or Fiora. But which one.... '

Although I haven't voted yet, and my hearts telling me I should give Jack Frost from SMT a vote... The series started on Nintendo, it's coming back to Nintendo in spinoffs and the mainline, it's got a crossover with Fire Emblem, and it's a nice ice themed character to replace the ice climbers.

I mean how can I say no hee ho?

Edit: Saw the Phoenix Wright talk so I'll just mention some points on that matter and just nominations in general.
    a) Third parties are not a priority, and Sakurai feels too many will ruin the point of Smash. You are outright warned on this, Phoenix and many others are below the first party characters to begin with right out of the gate.
    b) We don't know what the agreement is in regards to the third party companies. Look into the development of Roger Rabbit, MvC3 and Wreck It Ralph for an understanding of this. We don't know if there negotiations or stipulations for any kind of equivalency/balance between the reps and what they got. If something says all companies have to have the same number, then that hurts Phoenix because then they must look at Sega and Namco and go 'Who do we use for their second rep?'
    c) We have Megaman. With a costume dlc push of Megaman characters. And a Link costume is happening meaning any concerns for doubles/mistaken identity is out the door. If someone from Capcom is to win this poll, it's HEAVILY looking like a Megaman character and will most likely be X if the UMVC3 poll was any indication.
    d) Sakurai. Numbers aren't going to mean anything, most likely arguments in the votes will. Plus his logic train which no one can follow.
    e) If they started in a fighting game series, they are heavily more likely to get a no. Sakurai stated this in an interview.

Just keep those in mind.
    Last edited by Torchman; April 4th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Well, Pokemon and Mario sure seemed to have crossed that limit(7 and 6)
    But of course those are probably Nintendo's top 2 franchises game wise, and we can only see if Mewtwo/Lucas get changed a bit before we can judge that virtually any vets will have the same move set once back.

But as Puzzle said, I rather Hector for our GBA rep but Roy seems more likely.

Also on the topic of Wolf, I think we might get something once Starfox U has more info coming out, which is prob E3-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    IIRC it was an open poll on the Smash thread on Reddit. It was done with Survey Monkey, I think? Anyway, something happened and it was taken down, so now the people who voted are using Google Docs instead. I'll try and get more info. Oh, and yeah, it was multiple choice.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    IIRC it was an open poll on the Smash thread on Reddit. It was done with Survey Monkey, I think? Anyway, something happened and it was taken down, so now the people who voted are using Google Docs instead. I'll try and get more info. Oh, and yeah, it was multiple choice.
    Ah, so it was indeed multiple choice, very good to know.
    Oh, I happen to know why the first poll was taken down,
    the poll creator said the Survey Monkey poll was taken down due to previously unforeseen fees the the site was going to charge.

I voted for Chunky Kong. And I said that his Final Smash should be that crazy belch wave attack that he does in DK64
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleTRON View Post
    Well, Pokemon and Mario sure seemed to have crossed that limit(7 and 6)
    But of course those are probably Nintendo's top 2 franchises game wise, and we can only see if Mewtwo/Lucas get changed a bit before we can judge that virtually any vets will have the same move set once back.
    I'm not sure on the significance of Fire Emblem to Nintendo, but yeah, both Mario and Pokémon can get away with more than 4 reps due to their significance. Though I also wouldn't want anymore reps for these to series, same applies to the Zelda series. I prefer to get a few more underdogs in.

Does anybody know if we can vote more than one time? Because considering that I voted for Zero despite being aware of how unlikely he is due to the reasons Torchman listed, I'd be tempted to toss another vote for a candidate that could happen.

I'm not sure on the significance of Fire Emblem to Nintendo, but yeah, both Mario and Pokémon can get away with more than 4 reps due to their significance. Though I also wouldn't want anymore reps for these to series, same applies to the Zelda series. I prefer to get a few more underdogs in.

Does anybody know if we can vote more than one time? Because considering that I voted for Zero despite being aware of how unlikely he is due to the reasons Torchman listed, I'd be tempted to toss another vote for a candidate that could happen.
    From what I can tell it appears voting may just be honor based as it asks you to only vote once, but doesn't specify that you can't, I haven't voted yet regardless though.
    I have way too many characters on my mind: Rundas, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Vaati, Starfy (I know he is an assist trophy.), Kamek (As a Yoshi rep.), Sylux, Wolf and Krystal. That isn't all of them, but the ones I want to see in the most from my list. (I do also want Ridley and K Rool of course, but those have been brought up enough in this topic.)

Regardless on whether or not I decide to vote for one or more is irrelevant, but I feel it may be fine as long as you only vote once per character.<-This part of my post is all up for debate people.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

If we are to believe Sakurai, the original number of reps was three. Marth, Ike, Robin with Lucina as a costume for Marth. Extra dev time allowed them to promote Lucina to clone status.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    If we are to believe Sakurai, the original number of reps was three. Marth, Ike, Robin with Lucina as a costume for Marth. Extra dev time allowed them to promote Lucina to clone status.
    Ah, I never looked at it this way. This may also justify the number of KI reps despite the rather short number of games the franchise had - it's not really "Sakurai bias", but simply the realization that there would be still time left to flesh Dark Pit into a character of his own rather than just being an alternative voice for Pit.

But the point still stands: We have now 4 Fire Emblem reps in. I think a 5th one would be pushing it, especially with long-runners like Donkey Kong, Metroid or even F-Zero left hanging (though it's understandable why the latter is so troubled in this regard).

Ah, I never looked at it this way. This may also justify the number of KI reps despite the rather short number of games the franchise had - it's not really "Sakurai bias", but simply the realization that there would be still time left to flesh Dark Pit into a character of his own rather than just being an alternative voice for Pit.

But the point still stands: We have now 4 Fire Emblem reps in. I think a 5th one would be pushing it, especially with long-runners like Donkey Kong, Metroid or even F-Zero left hanging (though it's understandable why the latter is so troubled in this regard).
    I still think Black Shadow should be the next F-Zero rep. He can clearly use magic or some kind of advanced technology, as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UsDSdxCEk (had trouble finding non-commentated version), where he creates Blood Falcon OUT OF NO WHERE, BINDS Captain Falcon, AND LEVITATES HIM INTO THE CAR. Meaning we get a more range focused villain which is a plus in my book, and possibly the fastest one too if he comes near Captain Falcon movement speed.

I went with the unconventional vote and voted Kumatora from Mother 3. Mostly because I was pretty electrified from the Lucas reveal, but I also genuinely like Kumatora in Mother 3 the most, and I think she'd be a neat character in Smash.

Well, it seems like Choice Provisions wants Commander Video in smash: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07...in-smash-bros/
    Literally, though, it's like a big audition for a role everyone wants and it's the people's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    Well, it seems like Choice Provisions wants Commander Video in smash: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07...in-smash-bros/
    Literally, though, it's like a big audition for a role everyone wants and it's the people's vote.
    Quite honestly, linking articles like that may as well be spam, no offense or anything. Almost every dev out there, from indie to AAA, has expressed interest in one of their characters getting in to the game in one form or the other. At this point it's best just to assume every dev has picked their favorite character from their games and are pushing it.

Linking the same thing numerous times in all of your posts is spam, but I get your point. It just felt a bit like news about the ballot, so I just wanted to share.

Anyways, I kind of want to take back my vote on Bomberman and vote someone else. Is that possible?

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Listen, how about neither of you say what is or isn't spam, because that's not your job and all it leads to is both of you spamming by creating a pointless "what is spam" back and forth. Frankly Torchman your call-out post was spammier than Red's initial post (not to mention rude), and then Red's response was equally unnecessary (with some rudeness shot back, even). See, this is the problem with people choosing to mini-mod and why it's problematic, it tends to make a hypocrite out of you! It's not your job to post about this stuff, it's my job. I'm the one appointed to be the public enforcer of the rules (hence this post). It's why the report post feature exists, the triangle with the exclamation point, so that you can call on me to handle this kind of crap silently and behind the scenes, instead of forcing my hand to show up and make things go further off the rails. It's easier and makes you look like far less of an asshole.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; April 7th, 2015 at 12:33 AM.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Oh, I couldn't help it, I used another device and sent out a second vote, this time for Andy from Advance Wars. While I voted Neku before, Andy was always the top of my list. There's just too much potential in a super strategic moveset from driving tanks, aircraft and boats, not to mention the cars and infantry weapons, and he'd be the one other character besides Peach to have a Final Smash that heals himself.
    The New Age of Awesome is here!

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Oh yeah, I just used a school computer to vote for Inkling.
    And actually I could probably use my phone to throw in another vote for Sami.
    I probably won't put any more than that.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

So /v/ did their own poll.

Outside of some questionable entires(Lanky Kong, really?), it does seem to indicate a trend. The Rare and Platinum characters won all their rounds unless they met each other, and any third parties than won barely beat their competitors.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

There are many, many, many things that would make a poll like that inaccurate

For some fun, yeah okay that's cool, but I wouldn't take it as an accurate depiction of what the results of the actual ballot look like now.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

I wonder who Wonder Red ran up against in the first round, the pciture is barely visible. I'm also kinda clueless about some other opponents, like Snake's or Bayonetta's. Is there by any chance an overview for these?

Meanwhile, Miiverse is all about Shantae, Roy, Wolf and Ridley. Or so it seems. Bandana Dee gets also some recognition recently.

Bandana Dee would be a pretty neat addition due to his choice of weapon being a spear. (Of course there is also Ephraim, I didn't forget him. XD)

Edit: Oh, Wonder Red first battled Ice Climbers by the way.
    I do agree the that this fan poll doesn't really line up with the previous fan poll either. (Not to mention the tournament style wouldn't help.)
    Last edited by Puzzle044; April 7th, 2015 at 03:01 PM.

Thread Information