Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

Re: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    I voted Bomberman. Hudson's been through a lot with Nintendo, and it would only feel right if he was in Smash. That and I'm a very big fan of Bomberman, wish he had a new game.
    Hudson's ded. Bomberman is owned by Konami, and the last (and thus far, only) thing they did with him was make a Bejeweled clone for iOS.

Also this isn't quite a popularity contest. Sure, a character with a lot of suggestions will probably get more consideration, but even a character with few requests could make it in if it catches Sakurai's fancy (or the dev team in general).

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

I ended up going with Ephraim because he would make for a more interesting Fire Emblem GBA rep if he utilizes his lance and (possibly) a horse in battle.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hudson's ded. Bomberman is owned by Konami, and the last (and thus far, only) thing they did with him was make a Bejeweled clone for iOS.

Also this isn't quite a popularity contest. Sure, a character with a lot of suggestions will probably get more consideration, but even a character with few requests could make it in if it catches Sakurai's fancy (or the dev team in general).
    Some people from Hudson are still with Nintendo, they've been making the newest Mario Party games. It's just I want to belive.

I voted for the Splatoon Inkling. I think it would introduce the new IP well, and would be an interesting fighter.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Am I the only one who voted for Fawful?
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Well I voted for Sami from Advance Wars which I think would be pretty unique if they implemented her right. Though golly was I torn with so many things I could possibly vote for. Dixie, Impa, Toon Gannondorf, Krystal...Heck, theres a pretty sizable group of Tumblr people making a case for Daisy and Waluigi.

I wonder if our favorite smash bros comic artist will be voting for Mike Jones.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Whether he was likely or not, I voted for Shadow anyway. I couldn't think of anyone besides Isaac so I just went with Shadow. And no, I don't really care that my vote's being thrown away because WE'RE GETTING NEW CHARACTERS WOOOOOO! :D I assumed Mewtwo would be the only one but I was wrong, and I can't wait to see who gets picked. Although there probably won't be many (Sakurai tweeted that it's expensive to make characters), 2 or 3 more characters would be great.

"You, Mario, will be a sign." Scolipede's Avatar

I voted for Quote, from Cave Story. He feels like a character that could have a projectile-based moveset like Mega man.

I voted for Neku from The World Ends With You. Yes, yes, he's not as big a name as Sonic, Mega Man or Pac-Man, nor would he be the go-to for a rep from Square Enix. But between Nintendo and Square's recent bromance and WEWY's small comeback through ports and the cameos in Kingdom Hearts 3D, there's still a chance no matter how small.

Besides, Neku in particular could very much be a "gameplay over identity" pick like Robin and Jr., and he and any potential stage would give the game a great modern-day flavor, even more so than the other "reality-based" series like EarthBound or Animal Crossing. There's also the visual appeal with how different he'd look from the rest of the roster and his graffiti-flavored effects for the Psychs.
    Last edited by TechPowah; April 3rd, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    The New Age of Awesome is here!

My Twitter feed is getting flooded with a "Bring Back K.Rool" campaign. It's ridiculous, but K.Rool is one of the characters I'd love to see in Smash (or return in general) so I'm not too annoyed about it.

Even so, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to vote for my main dude Dillon. He's not the most popular choice out there, and he's already in the game as an assist trophy, but I still feel he'd fit into the Smash roster quite nicely. He has a good variety of moves and items at his disposal, hands-on combat is one of his specialties, and he's a great representative of the Nintendo eShop. It's just a shame that most people did not like his games-- otherwise he'd have a higher chance of getting into the roster.

That said, since Sakurai isn't shy when it comes to clones, I wouldn't mind if Dillon wound up being a slower, beefier version of Sonic, with a bit of Link mixed in (using items like bomb, freeze and speed crystals).

I'm not anticipating his inclusion, though. This is mainly wishful thinking. At the very least, I'm thrilled that Lucas is coming back. <3

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

Benevolent king of Castle Lololo CaymamCruncher's Avatar

I voted for Rikki from Xenoblade.
    TASTY!

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Anyways, we've got a fan poll here that's been going around. Here's a cap of the results so far:

Spoiler: LARRRRGGEEEE 

look at how high Isaac is it's beautiful ;-;

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

For all those Banjo supporters out there, it might not seem like much, but the XBox and Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer would be cool with it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer's Twitter
    I think it would be cool if Banjo was in the next SSB DLC. We've worked with Nintendo on Rare IP before, no issues.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I really hope that Sakurai won't be all like "Oh hey, this character with almost no requests looks more interesting than the character everybody wants!", because that already happened back then with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, where the poll ultimately felt pretty pointless due to how random some of the picks for the finalized roster felt.

EDIT: I'm amused that out of all those Sonic characters, Knuckles seems to be the most requested in that poll. I wonder if they mean Sonic Boom Knuckles.
    Also, Abraham Lincoln?

As for the Ballot, I'm still super-torn who I should vote for. While Ridley used to be 2nd (after Mega Man) on my wishlist, I gave up on hoping for him in this Smash (unless he really gets a lot of votes in, but others seem more popular). The characters I'm torn inbetween are Ray Mk III (I like robots, and he could have an interesting moveset) and Zero (one of my most favourite video game characters). Ray seems generally more likely, but my heart tells me I should try my luck and vote for Zero, even though it's really unlikely to get a 2nd Capcom rep in.

Aw scrap this, I'll go for Zero.
    (though I admit I'd be also totally fine just with a Zero costume)
    Last edited by ZORK; April 3rd, 2015 at 04:59 PM.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

They mean this Lincoln. XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwrjSWCVNM

And dangit, I wasted my vote. XD
    Wayforward is contacting all followers, asking fans to vote Shantae in.
    It seems the third parties are really seeing this as an opportunity to leap into the fray. XD

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Oh, I see.

Shantae might be interesting too, yeah. I really need to check her games out, I like Metroid, after all.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

>mfw when friking rayman and bayo are wanted more than roy

on the other hand, snake is pretty high

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleTRON View Post
    >mfw when friking rayman and bayo are wanted more than roy

on the other hand, snake is pretty high
    I have got to use that image sometime. XD
    Actually I guess quoting you works perfectly fine.

(I am pleasantly surprised to see Layton so high up there. )
    Last edited by Puzzle044; April 3rd, 2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Reviewer, good guy, everyman Iamabrawler's Avatar

Geno. That is all. (For me, anyway. There are plenty more characters I'd like to see in the game, but if I had to choose only one...)
    You know stories don't work as well when they haven't been Planned All Along!

New review:
    War Games: The Dead Code (Part 1) (Part 2)

Thanks for helping the site reach 200,000 views!

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

My goodness that's a lot of not Fawful. I have sadness.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OshaliteX2 View Post
    My goodness that's a lot of not Fawful. I have sadness.
    Wow you're right, that's just Fawful!
    ... sorry.

Terrible pun aside, does anyone happen to know the link to the site with the poll?
    I can't seem to find it, and I am quite curious what the stats are like now.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

I took the boring route and voted Wolf. With Lucas coming back, he seems like the next logical step.

BUT I plan on taking one of my other devices to another wifi connection and vote for King K. Rool. I'd love to see another villain, and DK has been sorely under represented.

I've been wanting Paper Mario for a long time; he would be a very unique addition, but we already have enough Mario reps.

Waluigi was the one Brawl Assist Trophy I wanted most to be promoted to a fighter; I would have taken him as a Mario rep over Rosalina, but what are you gonna do? (I have nothing against Rosa mind you. We just have enough Mario reps) Unfortunately I think his chances are very slim even if he ends up with the most requests; I don't know how much recoding they'd have to do to make it work or how much of a hassle it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiGodzillaGirl View Post
    I took the boring route and voted Wolf. With Lucas coming back, he seems like the next logical step.

BUT I plan on taking one of my other devices to another wifi connection and vote for King K. Rool. I'd love to see another villain, and DK has been sorely under represent
    Wait, you're supposed to do that?, I guess it would make sense because of spam(4chan)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleTRON View Post
    Wait, you're supposed to do that?, I guess it would make sense because of spam(4chan)
    well your not supposed to do that. But you see a number of people doing it anyway.

How did Lip barely get any votes?
    ...I guess not...but a man can dream, at any rate.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Thread Information