Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

The Villager of Death

Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
    My vote is on Phoenix Wright. Post what you voted for here.

4chan has started to take advantage and spam vote for Gaben and Shrek. Hope that doesn't get out of hand >-<

Re: Smash Ballot: Who Will YOU Vote to Get in?

4chan is full of idiots who will throw away their votes on silly things like that. Kratos from God of War has better odds than those two, and his odds are only a smidge above zero.

I voted for Exctebike.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

I voted Ridley. I'm afraid Sakurai's gonna ignore all the votes for him for the same reasons he made him a stage hazard and not a fighter.

I said that the Metroid series could use more representation, that he is Metroid's equivalent to other high priority characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, etc., that the Ridley in the Pyrosphere is a clone of the original so it wouldn't be inconceivable for him to still be included, and that if Sakurai is adamant about Ridley not being Ridley without his size, then it would be a prime opportunity to experiment with size in the Smash series.

Not those exact words, but that's the about of it. I hope these are actually being read <_>
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

I don't know whether to vote for Ridley, Takamaru, Layton, or Phoenix Wright...

I hadn't thought about the latter two, but either would be awesome in Smash! I'll just have to figure it out later.
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

My vote went to King K Rool. Classic villain, fun personified, nostalgia, underepresented series, pirate crocodile... So many reasons to have him. 'twas kinda hard to decide between Inkling and him, but Inkling has more of a chance of being added in SSB anyway to boost Splatoon sales. K Rool is pretty much the perfect classic choice, I say.

Also god dammit Retro bring him back already
    Last edited by Zant; April 2nd, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

I voted for Wonder Red. Cuz dammit, I need this, and Ridley and K. Rool are gonna get ~39000000 votes anyway so I figured I'd vote for somebody less obvious.

i voted for krystal, always thought she would make a great addition to the roster, and it would give us a star fox rep that has potential to NOT be a clone

The Villager of Death

Here's how it'll probably go down:

>4chan floods it with Shrek and Gaben
    >Nintendo filters out all posts containing "Gaben" or "Shrek"
    >People will keep voting for Ridley
    >Sakurai will be stubborn and will filter out all Ridley votes
    >Hardcore Otakus will vote Naruto and Goku (which admittedly would be awesome, but it ain't happening)
    >Nintendo will filter out all votes containing Naruto and Goku
    >King K. Rool votes flood in
    >Filtered because "He's too old and biig" making the same big argument Ridley got
    >Phoenix Wright and Layton votes pour in
    >Filtered because "They weren't fighters in their original games" (ignoring that C. Falcon was just a racecar driver in his game and that Layton can fence).
    >All votes are done and Sakurai makes the announcement:
    "We are adding (Insert character nobody voted for here)."

At least, that's how I figure it'll go down. Hopefully it won't though.

If anything, Phoenix Wright and Layton won't get in no matter how many votes they get-- They're not first party, and Smash Bros is about Nintendo, so having another Capcom character like Phoenix Wright isn't really gonna happen. At least, not until next game. Same reason people voting for, say, another Sonic character or other third parties are throwing away their vote.

I voted for Paper Mario. He's unique enough from regular Mario that he wouldn't just be a clone (something they pulled off masterfully with Bowser Jr.), he's a Nintendo character so they don't have to worry about rights, plus the Paper Mario series needs more love. I'd say he's got a shot.

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    If anything, Phoenix Wright and Layton won't get in no matter how many votes they get-- They're not first party, and Smash Bros is about Nintendo, so having another Capcom character like Phoenix Wright isn't really gonna happen. At least, not until next game. Same reason people voting for, say, another Sonic character or other third parties are throwing away their vote.
    Phoenix Wright is one of Capcom's flagship series and has a manga, a stage play, and a movie.

Professor Layton is Level-5s most successful series.

Since this is essentially a popularity contest, I'd say they'd both have a fair shot of getting lots of votes. Whether Nintendo listens to people or not is another story.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

I mean yeah, to be fair to Nick, the Phoenix Wright series is so popular that it managed to push him into Marvel vs Capcom 3.
    He has much less of a chance here, but there's a precedence and it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villager of Death View Post
    Phoenix Wright is one of Capcom's flagship series and has a manga, a stage play, and a movie.

Professor Layton is Level-5s most successful series.

Since this is essentially a popularity contest, I'd say they'd both have a fair shot of getting lots of votes. Whether Nintendo listens to people or not is another story.
    I'm not questioning the fact that Wright and Layton will get a lot of votes. Understand, however, this isn't an election, it's essentially a suggestion box. The number of votes a character gets isn't the only thing determining if they get in-- It's, as I said, probably not likely that we'll get another Capcom character, or any third party other than maybe Snake for that matter, in this game. Especially as DLC. It's just not fair to the other third parties, and takes away from this being a Nintendo celebration.

Plus, I wouldn't say PW is flagship-- popular, no doubt, and its been getting a lotta love from up top lately, but it's on their B roll. Flagship Capcom stuff is, honestly, Street Fighter and RE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I mean yeah, to be fair to Nick, the Phoenix Wright series is so popular that it managed to push him into Marvel vs Capcom 3.
    He has much less of a chance here, but there's a precedence and it's not impossible.
    That's completely different, though. MvC is as much a celebration of Capcom as Smash is a celebration of Nintendo. Wright getting in to UMvC3 was about equivalent to, say, Olimar getting in to Smash. Surprising, yes, but not exactly odd. After all, Roll was in MvC2, remember?

That is to say, Phoenix getting put in as Smash 4 DLC is more akin to... Mario getting in to MvC4, and then Samus being added as DLC after the fact.

The Villager of Death

I'm not questioning the fact that Wright and Layton will get a lot of votes. Understand, however, this isn't an election, it's essentially a suggestion box. The number of votes a character gets isn't the only thing determining if they get in-- It's, as I said, probably not likely that we'll get another Capcom character, or any third party other than maybe Snake for that matter, in this game. Especially as DLC. It's just not fair to the other third parties, and takes away from this being a Nintendo celebration.

Plus, I wouldn't say PW is flagship-- popular, no doubt, and its been getting a lotta love from up top lately, but it's on their B roll. Flagship Capcom stuff is, honestly, Street Fighter and RE.
    Capcom themselves have said (and I quote) that the Ace Attorney series is one of the comapnies "Strongest Intellectual Properties"
    And it being 3rd party doesn't detract from it being a "Nintendo Celebration", since Every single Phoenix Wright game has been on a handheld Nintendo system. It's like saying Megaman being there is ruining your Nintendo Party and that he should go to Marvel vs Capcom.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Capcom themselves have said (and I quote) that the Ace Attorney series is one of the comapnies "Strongest Intellectual Properties"
    So strong they don't have faith in physical releases outside Japan. Also keyword being "one of the strongest", it's by no means on the same level as Street Fighter or Resident Evil.

And it being 3rd party doesn't detract from it being a "Nintendo Celebration", since Every single Phoenix Wright game has been on a handheld Nintendo system. It's like saying Megaman being there is ruining your Nintendo Party and that he should go to Marvel vs Capcom.
    No it's not. Capcom already has Mega Man in Smash, a hugely requested character who is as much of an icon as Mario, Pac-Man or Sonic, you can't tell me with a straigth face that that also applies to Phoenix. Requested? Yes, but he's far from being as much of a gaming icon like the three guest stars mentioned. Not only that, but as mentioned, Capcom has a character already, why should they get special treatment over the other companies?

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    No it's not. Capcom already has Mega Man in Smash, a hugely requested character who is as much of an icon as Mario, Pac-Man or Sonic, you can't tell me with a straigth face that that also applies to Phoenix. Requested? Yes, but he's far from being as much of a gaming icon like the three guest stars mentioned. Not only that, but as mentioned, Capcom has a character already, why should they get special treatment over the other companies?
    The point being that both are Capcom icons that have been released on several Nintendo systems. You can't say "PHOENIX WOULD RUIN SMASH CAUSE HE'S CAPCOM!" while you already have a Capcom character there.

That's completely different, though. MvC is as much a celebration of Capcom as Smash is a celebration of Nintendo. Wright getting in to UMvC3 was about equivalent to, say, Olimar getting in to Smash. Surprising, yes, but not exactly odd. After all, Roll was in MvC2, remember?

That is to say, Phoenix getting put in as Smash 4 DLC is more akin to... Mario getting in to MvC4, and then Samus being added as DLC after the fact.
    Not really?

Marvel vs. Capcom deals explicitly with characters who only fall under a Marvel Comics or Capcom IP, which neither Mario nor Samus fall under, Super Smash Bros. deals with any character that was published by Nintendo, which Phoenix Wright DOES fall under, even if he is a third party.
    The fact remains that the Phoenix Wright games are popularly tied to the Nintendo DS and now the Nintendo 3DS, even if neither console is popularly tied with the Phoenix Wright games, and entirely unrelatedly, Phoenix Wright is one of Capcom's most popular characters at the moment, with those two facts, the possibility does exist.

It's not likely, right now my money's on Inkling, but it is possible.

The Villager of Death

KYM now has an entry on Shrek for smash and several images for smash ballot have been posted, rooting for Shantae, Shrek, Inkling, and (heh heh heh) Phoenix Wright.

EDIT:http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nint...ub-851601.html
    The page for Phoenix Wright on the nintendo website says "smashes" in it. Phoenix for smash confirmed.
    (joke joke)
    Last edited by The Villager of Death; April 2nd, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Taigiry said it better than I did; Why should Capcom get more reps than the other two third parties?

The Villager of Death

Taigiry said it better than I did; Why should Capcom get more reps than the other two third parties?
    Because it's what people want. And since when is "Special treatment" some awful sin that Smash can't commit? Snake got dropped from smash, is that giving "special treatment" to the other third parties?
    Last edited by The Villager of Death; April 2nd, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

The point being that both are Capcom icons that have been released on several Nintendo systems. You can't say "PHOENIX WOULD RUIN SMASH CAUSE HE'S CAPCOM!" while you already have a Capcom character there.
    Nice caps lock, doesn't give your arguement any more weight though. And I never said Wright would ruin Smash, don't put words in my mouth, but I can say that he's a bad choice because a third-party is supposed to be a special occurence and ans stated, Capcom already has a character, what makes them more important than the other companies to get another one? You're dodging the question here.

Snake got dropped from smash, is that giving "special treatment" to the other third parties?
    Wow, that's some terrible logic here, I don't even know how you came to that conclusion.

I voted Roy(Fire Emblem) because I'm part of the Royvolution I still think he has a chance back in and it would be cool to have a Elibe/GBA rep again.
    I'd rather Lyn get in, but Assist Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I voted Isaac, as he would fit in really well. (This game also just so happens to not have his assist trophy... I see opportunity!)
    I was also thinking Hector, or Roy. (Because I love the Elibe/GBA FE games. XD)

My siblings would likely vote for Paper Mario, Bass.EXE, or Megaman Zero. (Gotta love it when we all love the same games. )

I personally would love to have a Layton Rep.
    (I mean all of his games are Nintendo exclusive. (There is a spin-off game, but it doesn't really have the professor or anyone else from the main series so...))
    He also would fit in with the Nintendo folks well, though I don't really picture him in a fighting game even though he is a skilled fencer. (I am torn, not strongly, but still torn. XD)
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

just add syrup pancakes vs. waffles's Avatar

I cast my vote for rhythm thief. Who is he? look a bit to the left.

I voted Bomberman. Hudson's been through a lot with Nintendo, and it would only feel right if he was in Smash. That and I'm a very big fan of Bomberman, wish he had a new game.

Thread Information