Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netflix is Making another Zelda tv show

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Re: Netflix is Making another Zelda tv show

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    90% of all kid shows suck ass. Been like that for about 20 years now, and probably even longer. That ain't just a Netflix problem. Good family oriented cartoons are just really damn rare. In the past few years we've only had, wot, 5 good shows or so? Avatar, MLP, Adventure Time, Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls. That's pretty much it, innit?
    If you're into superheroes there's been some good stuff in that genre. Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are all pretty fantastic.

As for the discussion at hand, I think we should all try to resist predicting the quality of this show. The team behind it hasn't even been selected yet. Once we know the track record of the people making it, then we can let our predictions run free like wild gazelles.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

So uh,

Iwata just came out and said this was all false.

Whoops

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar

source

what a huge surprise that this was fake! said no one ever

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

It's probably (definitely) for the best.
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

The Villager of Death

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

The rumor has been officially confirmed false?
    Can't say I am surprised, it did make for some interesting discussion though.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

I must say, I am a bit sad at this news. A Zelda TV-show... If it had been good, it woulda been absolutely beautiful to see one o' my favourite game series come to life in a more character and story focussed medium.

Ah well, maybe in a few more years...

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    I must say, I am a bit sad at this news. A Zelda TV-show... If it had been good, it woulda been absolutely beautiful to see one o' my favourite game series come to life in a more character and story focussed medium.

Ah well, maybe in a few more years...
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been good if it actually happened. It was said to be live action, which in my opinion would be a bad move.

Monsters in live action are either:
    1.CGI
    2.Costumes

When done well, these 2 are okay. but normally, they aren't. If you were to make a live action Zelda, that'd be a lot of CGI and/or costumes.

Shows like this should really be done in 2D.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villager of Death View Post
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been good if it actually happened. It was said to be live action, which in my opinion would be a bad move.

Monsters in live action are either:
    1.CGI
    2.Costumes

When done well, these 2 are okay. but normally, they aren't. If you were to make a live action Zelda, that'd be a lot of CGI and/or costumes.

Shows like this should really be done in 2D.
    Perhaps, but I would rather have had something than nothing. Like I said, a good show woulda been awesome, but if it were bad, well, no harm done then either, we could've just ignored or poked fun at it, depending on what kind of badness it would've been.

Either way, I just see this as a loss-loss situation. A Zelda Tv-show... Zelda great characters and story that are always underused simply because (Nintendo) games don't allow for enough characterization. To see that changed in another medium woulda been so sweet.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

...Well, it was fun while it lasted. Though it didn't, because it never started. Such a bittersweet outcome, though for me, it's mostly bitter with little if any sweet. On one hand, a bullet or two has been dodged here, maybe even a Bansai Bill, and we no longer have to worry about if the show will do the franchise justice or the fans proud. And yet, another pinnacle of potential and opportunity has now been officially rebuffed, leaving us to wallow in our empty aspirations of things that could be. Woe be to the wishful thinkers among us.

So, since that's a dead end, is it alright if we revise this thread into a more general discussion about Netflix's ventures in franchise revisitation? Because I want to mention that Netflix may have added A Series Of Unfortunate Events to its ever-growing ensemble. Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be false, too... or that it does, depending on where you stand on that.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey_Dee_Brawl View Post
    ...Well, it was fun while it lasted. Though it didn't, because it never started. Such a bittersweet outcome, though for me, it's mostly bitter with little if any sweet. On one hand, a bullet or two has been dodged here, maybe even a Bansai Bill, and we no longer have to worry about if the show will do the franchise justice or the fans proud. And yet, another pinnacle of potential and opportunity has now been officially rebuffed, leaving us to wallow in our empty aspirations of things that could be. Woe be to the wishful thinkers among us.

So, since that's a dead end, is it alright if we revise this thread into a more general discussion about Netflix's ventures in franchise revisitation? Because I want to mention that Netflix may have added A Series Of Unfortunate Events to its ever-growing ensemble. Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be false, too... or that it does, depending on where you stand on that.
    I've never really been a big fan of the book series, so I wouldn't really know where to stand on that.

But yeah, I think using this thread to talk about all the things Netflix is buying out would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villager of Death View Post
    But yeah, I think using this thread to talk about all the things Netflix is buying out would be a good idea.
    I'm going to take you up on that, and further our newly broadened discussion with a semi-update on Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events project. About a week ago, the following video appeared on Youtube:

It very quickly became a big deal, mainly due to one factor: It is unknown whether or not this video is, in fact, directly connected to the project. There are reasons to believe that it is "fan-made" and "unofficial", as many have assumed, but there are also reasons to believe that is legitimate.

What do we know? The video was posted under the name "Eleanora Poe", which is apparently the name of a character in the franchise (although I've reread all the main books, I don't recall the name, so it must have been mentioned in The Unauthorized Autobiography and/or The Beatrice Letters). The user joined Youtube just 3 days before posting the video, and had had no activity before the video nor has had any since. Not too long after the video was posted, Netflix said the following in the comment section:

Nope, this isn't an official Netflix teaser, but we won't call Count Olaf - THIS IS MOST MARVELOUS.
    So, is this real or not? Taking Netflix's comment at face value, many would think that no, it's not. However, as fans of the franchise would know very well, the world of ASoUE revolves around mystery and conspiracy, with uncertainty and confusion being the order of the day. With that in mind, Netflix's comments on the legitimacy of the teaser don't seem so completely believable. In fact, there's a chance that their supposed denial of it may in fact be a clever confirmation in the style of Lemony Snicket. What do you guys think?

Extra Links:
    Article by Variety, which includes another questionable quote
    Article by CNET, which argues that the teaser is, in fact, official

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

There's this neat feature called a new thread button
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Yes, but it seemed a waste to make a whole other thread about another of Netflix's ventures when this one was so short-lived. Plus, we've already decided to make this thread more general. If the title is the problem, then I believe we can have that changed, too.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey Dee View Post
    we've
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Thank you

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Bro, you realize that forum threads don't use up paper, it ain't much of a waste to let one die. We have threads on much older and much deader topics than the concept of a Zelda Netflix show, and they don't particularly need to be repurposed.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Haha, well to be fair the two posts before Deucey Dee posted the video were related to Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events.
    Though yeah, a new thread wouldn't hurt.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    Haha, well to be fair the two posts before Deucey Dee posted the video were related to Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events.
    Though yeah, a new thread wouldn't hurt.
    Yes. Note that one of those posts is Deucey Dee himself, that he's the one who made the thread go off-topic in the first place.

I'm not sure which bit of this topic is most confusing to me though. "We" ("myself and this banned user, so essentially one person. We all agreed on this guys!"), bumping it up rather than making a new topic (which is by far the more logical and effective method, much neater too... there's no benefit to repurposing an old, tangentially related thread), "waste of a thread", bumping up a dead topic to say off-topic things in it, or the fact that the off-topic things were even posted in the first place back in March... I'm really amused, I don't understand any of this but it's all kind of funny.

Just make a new topic. With the forum being broken it's hard to rename topics now, and it just makes a lot more sense to make a new topic anyhow. Box already said it, there is no "waste" in simply making a new forum topic.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Thread Information