Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe Thread

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Steven Universe Thread

Steven Universe is an animated series on Cartoon Network (it premiered 2 Novembers ago). Since I'm awful at explaining, I'll leave it to Wikipedia:

In Steven Universe, the world is protected from evil by the Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactic warriors who draw their power from special magical gem stones. The four Gems are Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Steven. Steven is a boy who inherited a gemstone from his mother, a Crystal Gem named Rose Quartz. As Steven tries to figure out the secrets of his gem, he spends his days in Beach City doing activities with the other Crystal Gems, whether it's helping them save the universe or just hanging out.
    It's created by Rebecca Sugar, who used to work on Adventure Time, so if you liked that, maybe this ones up your alley. It's light-hearted and fun, with a bit of depths and other tones and themes.

Over the course of the show more and more things get revealed about the characters, which is what drew me into this! This shows a lot better than it was roughly a year ago. I've seen this since it first came out but I'd like to say I really got into this around Giant Woman or Mirror/Ocean Gem. I like the simple and colorful artwork and the depth the show can offer and it's really pleasing for an 11 minute session. So yeah give this a try sometime, but imo it'd probably take a few episodes than most to really get into it.

It usually shows on Thursdays on Cartoon Network at 6:30 PM EST/5:30 CST, though usually I watch it online since that's a lot easier (I'd give links but that falls under "illegal activities" but you're all smart people, you'll figure it out)
    So, regarding recent episodes.

Warp Tour- I can't believe Cookie Cat was foreshadowing this. Jesus, so the gems from the Gem Homeworld really are evil. Great one on Garnets part to smash the warp panel, that left things really suspenseful at the end. Given that they didn't want to be found, nothing good can really come from this. I wonder how long it'll take until this part gets revisited, hopefully not too long.

Alone Together- Stevonni omg. I was actually surprised that Steven would fuse with Connie (lets be honest, who wasn't) but what resulted of that was even more interesting. Pretty great that Stevens learned a new power already.

Also Garnet is best gem you can't deny this
    Last edited by Keeby; March 5th, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Re: Steven Universe Thread

Zounds! A Steven Universe thread with no replies! I must fix this! ... What do I say? Uh...

I really like how video gamey this show feels sometimes! Most of the time? I really liked the episode that was basically a video game glitch world, and also that one with the trials was pretty great too. But it's not like there's any episode I hate! There might be a few I'm forgetting that are a bit dull, but this show is just so comfy to me. The soundtrack is fantastic. This show is so... good!

And I still don't know what to think about Stevonnie. It's like simultaneously nothing happened and everything happened. And it was fantastico.

I really want to see what the show is building up to. I think it's building up to something? I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm just waiting.
    "Rayman 2 is one of the greatest platformers of all time. 5.5/10" -IGN

BREAKING NEWS

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS

SaltySword, Pickled Music Lover BrineBlade's Avatar

...Lapis Lazuli somehow has to be involved in this. I don't know how, or why, but she must have something to do with this.

Also, I'm kinda hoping that maybe Rose (Steven's mother) comes back to life.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

well that's HYPE
    Probably gonna wait until they all come out and watch them all at once

Their really building up something with all that interesting stuff in the place Amethyst took Steven to in the episode "On the Run"
    I can't wait!
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Aaaaaaaa Marble Madness

I like the connection to the Red Eye which was from the second episode like, ages ago. And wow Peridot had a whole complex beneath the kindergarten. That sure is... something. Another thing I noticed is that it was kind of similar to Roses weaponry place from Lion 2, specifically the hand pedestal. I nearly lost it when Steven went RIGHT UP TO THE MONITOR AND NOW THEY'RE COMING asdjk;'

Next week is going to kill me help me pls

made of love Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

so did you guys enjoy stevenbomb

I'm pretty excited to see what kind of tone season 2 is going to have. Are the gems going to waste any time trying to find Peridot? Who knows.

The Villager of Death

Spoiler: Spoilers 

But yeah, I really like this show. When it started out it was basically burning some of the major potential it had but I'm glad it's doing a better job now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villager of Death View Post
    Spoiler: Spoilers 
    I agree with you on that one. It was just... wow
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

The Villager of Death

The fact that it was written by the SU team and that it was their idea in the first place I'm doubting it's gonna be that bad :P one of the previews I saw was pretty funny imo

this show is too awesome to die by one measly crossover

golly, story for steven was fun~

Oh man, I absolutely adore this show.
    The best thing about it is the characters, but I especially like Peridot for some reason.

Oh, I didn't know about this thread, before. Anyways, I considerably like the show, it reminds me of Adventure Time in a sense that it's a better version of it. Also, Garnet is definitely one of my favorite characters. Her bond with Steven brings tears to my eyes, sometimes.

So with the hiatus taking effect (not that that's a surprise by now or anything) I've been wondering if this would be a month, such as the last hiatus in the winter, or several months (see: roses room to coach steven from last year, May to August). My best guess would be sometime around august because that's how it was last year, although I'm completely content with waiting until then since the shows been on a high streak since january, producing some fantastic and rewatchable episodes. I was going to report some sources regarding two episodes set to air after Reformed and their supposed release dates, but it looks like that airing information has since been changed from june 4th to august 21st and the other still being june 11th so I've learned not to trust these sources until we have something official! Meaning that SU's return is still up in the air (I didn't realize it was editable also whoops)

In other news there's more information regarding Rebecca Sugars "Guide to the Crystal Gems" handbook coming October and from an interview(oh yeah spoilers for those who haven't completely caught up with the show for that article too) we learn:

-There are a lot of rules that the
    Homeworld
    issues that the gems don't follow (exactly what we don't know)
    -Steven will soon learn more of
    Ruby and Sapphires relationship
    in the near future
    -The gem that Steven least knows about is Pearl (as if we didn't get enough from Roses Scabbard this intrigues me, though
    Jaspers 'defective' remark to her could point to the thing that we don't know about Pearl at this point

-There's still a lot to the show that is still hidden, which is pretty great since we can still get major information at any given time and season 1 really gave us a lot of world building stuff
    Last edited by Keeby; May 15th, 2015 at 05:50 PM.

Double posting because we now have an exact date on when the hiatus ends, and... exactly when we're getting another Steven Bomb! because CN is doing a thing with all its shows and having week long premieres for them as well. We /might/ see something of a regular shedule after all that's done with but who knows.

Also this episode information popped up today, is very spook

haha look at me triple posting on my own thread hahaha help me

So how about that Steven Bomb 2.0

New intro makes me very happy, it kinda shows that the show's evolving, and how far the characters have come. Not to mention the development in SttS (i have that song stuck in my head) the dark secret (that's hella &&&&ed up) in KiT and Chille Tid, addressing that struggle and shows that they haven't forgot about it, that something will happen to that soon. All in all a pretty good week.

So if you liked that there's going to be a third week of premieres on the 13th, teasing a new gem!

How will this gem come to be? Is it a fusion? Is it good or bad? Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

I love this show and it's only gotten better, the new intro is really great and it was a really crazy good steven bomb 2.0, I'm looking forward to the third. It SOUNDS like a fusion, but who knows...

*cough*thankspearlforfixingmyfanblahhhhghghAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHHHH

It's probably not a fusion, though. Otherwise, they would've hyped up Rainbow Quartz in the last Steven Bomb. Of course, I could be wrong...but I'm almost definitely expecting another 2-parter for this one...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Steven Bomb 2.0 for me was a great one. It got me more into the series, and along that I've been getting more into this series. I wonder if Sardonyx is a fusion or a completely new gem... Also Chille Tid was most likely the best way to end it off.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I have been really liking the show, and I am now all caught up. (I am now having the hardest time waiting for the next episode. XD)
    Speaking of Sardonyx... I am guessing it's a two gem fusion considering that there are gems called Sard and Onyx. (It might be a Garnet like fusion, as in, a fusion that's not bigger than a building.)
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

So, San Diego Comic-con happened! Sardonyx was revealed, as well as another clip that looks like an extended opening or something. I think the panel might still be going on? Idk but yeah spoilers if you want to see things when they air

Sardonyx clip

Full theme song with some flashbacks

Sardonyx looks pretty fab, glad we finally get to see Garnet and Pearls fusion. Their dance too! What interests me is what their weapons gonna be and uh, Sardonyx mentions the "soon to be communication hub" are they rebuilding it? Why? And speaking of which, the communication hub doesn't look completely destroyed. I guess sugilite never finished the job?

As for the extended opening, I'm loving the pilot callback, that even goes down to the clapping. Glad to see another point in time here, as they're building the temple house. My favorite part of this is all the flashbacks of past events that are important to Stevens development and I think that really captures the aspect of what this basically is, a coming of age story that evolves and develops as it goes along. The reinstatements of the gems promises are pretty great too(Ruby and Sapphire omg). And that yellow diamond silhouette.....

Oh yeah might as well http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/...-forgot-also-a

Cry For Help->Keystone Motel->Onion Friend->Historical Friction-> Friend Ship

and even after this bomb, there's some other titles that sound pretty interesting

dies again
    Last edited by Keeby; October 17th, 2015 at 02:01 PM.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeby View Post
    Not exactly what I expected but the scenery looks very familiar, but you already acknowledged that.

My thought: The communication hub was never fully destroyed because Sugilite noticed Pearl+Steven ran off, and thus decided to run through the ocean to find them. As she was running through the ocean, they ended up being consumed by Sugilite's rage and refused to listen to any sort of reason and thus had to be appropriately taken down. However, there's a plus side to this if I take in my tactician mindset here - opening up a communication hub can possibly intercept gem transmissions, in particular Peridot, since Peridot is still on the run. Obviously Peridot would want to still escape the planet, so if she's in contact with say - oh, I don't know, Yellow Diamond - then that's something the Gems would want to know about. Consider that Peridot would also not be using a message sent directly to Steven like the Wailing Stone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeby View Post
    I really like how they revisited the Pilot with this one, but this mixes in the flashbacks with the current continuity. I already liked the new theme song even though it was really short, so seeing this brought a smile to my face.

Return of the watermelon army?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

AH! Everything looks so cool! I'm really excited for Monday!
    And that silhouette of Yellow Diamond. Definitely gets me excited to see more! I wonder when we'll actually see them!

I caught up with the show back after the first Stevenbomb. And every episode has just seemed great to me!

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

So...
    I'm very curious about all this.
    Anyone know a good place to see all the episodes? I need catching up.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Thread Information