Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: amiibo thread

Re: amiibo thread

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiGodzillaGirl View Post
    I'm curious. Are these cancellations mainly affecting online pre-orders, or are there any reports from people who pre-ordered in-store? This whole debacle has put me on edge. Once I get my Dedede (assuming he doesn't get cancelled or sold to someone else due to poor communication), I'm through with this Amiibo thing.
    From what I've been reading the people primarily affected are ship to store orders that currently have no money put down yet. Really wishing I preordered dedede, guess I have to stalk inventories to secure one...(seriously how is he rarer than shiek?)

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

Well, I got him paid off, so I should be safe as long as my sister relays the phone call to me in time. (I should not have used her power up account, but I didn't have my own at the time, and I wanted the discount) I was hoping NoA would have finally gotten their act together by wave three, but it looks to be the same situation as the last wave. I feel like NoA is undersupplying certain characters on purpose at this point. I can understand that they might not have been prepared for the figures' immense popularity during the first two waves, but you'd think they'd know better by the third wave. Granted, some retailers aren't so innocent either.

I got my 5 amiibos last week (Ike, Toon Link, Sheik, Dedede, and Bowser), and just got notification Shulk is on the way from Gamestop. Sonic is due late this month, and Rosalina, Meta-Knight, and Lucario are gonna show up a little after that. The only one in limbo is Mega Man, because amazon is having a heck of a time getting him available or something.

Toad went out of stock almost immediately on the Canadian Amazon, but he's the only one I care about in the super mario line right now. It looks like all the others will be readily available for a while yet.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

I ended up picking up a Luigi amiibo while I was out getting ear buds today. I don't feel like dealing with trying to find rare amiibos so I'm lucky that Luigi is so common. The only other amiibos that I saw while I was there were Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach, and Zelda. Hopefully Ike becomes readily available at some point.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

I ended up picking up a Luigi amiibo while I was out getting ear buds today.
    Heh, I picked up a Luigi amiibo while I was only out to buy a gift. Seems like the poor thing is always second pick, even as Amiibo.

Either way, my collection currently consists of Marth, Samus, Luigi and (the very last they had in stock and I'm very happy with to have) Bowser. I'm quite happy with all of 'em, they's all beautiful figurines. Unfortunately they all constantly play very cowardly in SSB, which is very weird since that's not how I play at all...

Currently looking for some figurines of King Dedede, Megaman, Lucario and Robin, I hope next time I'm in town I can find some of them. I might have a lot of luck since the local game store is doing absolutely terribly and thus theys never sold out on anything. Bad for them, good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    Heh, I picked up a Luigi amiibo while I was only out to buy a gift. Seems like the poor thing is always second pick, even as Amiibo.

Either way, my collection currently consists of Marth, Samus, Luigi and (the very last they had in stock and I'm very happy with to have) Bowser. I'm quite happy with all of 'em, they's all beautiful figurines. Unfortunately they all constantly play very cowardly in SSB, which is very weird since that's not how I play at all...

Currently looking for some figurines of King Dedede, Megaman, Lucario and Robin, I hope next time I'm in town I can find some of them. I might have a lot of luck since the local game store is doing absolutely terribly and thus theys never sold out on anything. Bad for them, good for me.
    Robins not out yet and no ones opened preorders yet except Nintendo of UK. Currently the waiting game for him.

Got my japan imports and Shulk in the mail today. They all look real nice, but... *sigh* Rosalina's brooch is slightly askew. Oh well. I'll get over it somehow. :P

Now that I've got so many I'm starting to look into display cases... The current shelf just isn't cutting it anymore.

Meta Knight will be available on February 20thI wonder if my local Best Buy will have any extra stock for non-pre-orders. My guess is not enough even if I wait out front. Since I don't really have anything going on that day, I might as well drive by before opening to see the turnout. It would be nice to get MK without having to pay double or triple his MSRP, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Meta Knight will be available on February 20thI wonder if my local Best Buy will have any extra stock for non-pre-orders. My guess is not enough even if I wait out front. Since I don't really have anything going on that day, I might as well drive by before opening to see the turnout. It would be nice to get MK without having to pay double or triple his MSRP, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    http://www.destructoid.com/meta-knig...y-287544.phtml Reports are saying Shulk rarity, although some are saying there will be 2-5 in store at least. So don't get your hopes raised too much.

Shulks getting a second wave. You can preorder him in store or online currently. Only down side is it has to be shipped to your house and it won't be coming out til 5/1. That's right, May.

EDIT: Literally like right after I posted this the page was taken down. He was up for quite some time prior so no clue if they just sold through the next batch or if it'll be coming back up again later.
    EDIT2: Try this link. It was working as of this edit, and it'll be the last edit I do for this post.
    Last edited by Chipou; February 12th, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

I was able to preorder a Shulk from the main site :D

In case anyone (like me) didn't realize, m.gamestop.com is the mobile version of the site...
    So yes, it worked and from the main site, even!

I didn't see it at first though, not sure what's going on... but glad I finally secured Shulk.

It's ship to home only though, 3.50$ shipping at least... but that's much better than import fees...
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Congratulations to you both. As for me, they sold out of preorders, again.

I went common amiibo shopping a week back and was surprised about how picky I was. For purchasing 4 amiibos, I spent nearly 40 minutes inspecting them until I had the most pristine set available. Samus looks just amazing. I never would have thought I could pick up some Metroid merchandise.

Edit: I was able to pre-buy it in store. No shipping fee for me though. Since I also paid in full ahead of time, I can't imagine my order getting canceled.
    Last edited by Ruane; February 14th, 2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

I just got gifted a Pikachu amiibo from a seriously nice friend... but I don't have SmashU so I can't use it.

Anyway I'mma just name him Hector... FOR THE HECTOR OF IT--My goodness I am so sorry.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

And Nintendo confirmed during the investor meeting that the amiibo cards are coming this year. Sooner than expected I think.
    Personally, they really don't interest me as they lack what's the main appeal of the regular amiibos is, havin a nice, cheap figurine of the character. But more power to those who just want to access the data.

But that's not everything regarding amiibo related news, Nintendo is also trying some NES Remix esque amiibo stuff out. To quote the article:
    In the first half of this year free software will become available in which you tap an amiibo on the GamePad to choose from a selection of NES and SNES titles. Your access is for a limited time in a particular game scene, but subsequent taps of the amiibo will change up the section of the title that's playable, allowing you to cycle through trying different parts of the experience.
    I hope that's not gonna be the only "new" F-Zero we're gonna get. I mean, sure F-Zero isn't announced yet for that project, but there's a Falcon amiibo so there surely must be F-Zero content, too... right? Actually, I'm not optimistic.

Personally this is a godsend in my book. If nintendo's going to be mainlining this I'd rather have functional compact cards then shelves and table space dedicated to these things. And the boon is that they're going to be cheaper than the figurines if I heard right, pricewise that is.

For somebody only interested in what the amiibos do this is a very nice gesture.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Remember the old rumor/leak about the Gold and Silver Mario amiibos? They are real and Gold Mario will be a Walmart exclusive in NA. No word on the rest of the world though.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Welp

Wal-Mart generally has more Amiibo than Gamestop for some reason so I'll check it out and see if it's available.

Anyways, I've only got 3 Amiibo right now. Kirby, Link, and Shulk (who's missing a kneecap for some reason). I'm getting Sonic soon and I hope to find Ike.

My Dedede still hasn't arrived, and it's breaking my heart.

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Smash Peach, Smash Yoshi, and Smash Donkey Kong are getting a price drop to $9.99. However, the Super Mario version will not receive the price drop.

I predict this means the Smash version of the three will be discontinued in favor of the Super Mario versions. After all, unless someone wants to collect every amiibo and their variants, who would rather buy the more expensive Super Mario versions? As it is, retailers like Toys R Us that overstocked on Peach and Yoshi are having a hard time selling them. I can't imagine retailer are too eager to give any more shelf space to the variants of these unpopular amiibo.

I'm also predicting another wave of Super Mario amiibos will be announced and released before the Smash Bros Wave 5. As long as some non-Smash charcters are included like Waluigi, I could accept a delay in R.O.B. and Duck Hunt amiibo production.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Smash Yoshi is cheaper now?
    I may just get one.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruane View Post
    I'm also predicting another wave of Super Mario amiibos will be announced and released before the Smash Bros Wave 5. As long as some non-Smash charcters are included like Waluigi, I could accept a delay in R.O.B. and Duck Hunt amiibo production.
    Well ya. Anyone that's playable in Mario Party 10 is most likely getting an amiibo in the Mario line at some point, ignoring Spike. Would not be surprised at the amount of amiibo boards they find post launch.

Also...

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comme...y_trinity_and/

Me thinks the scalping market is about to get a nice kick in the nuts.

Bow down to the almighty penguin!

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    Well ya. Anyone that's playable in Mario Party 10 is most likely getting an amiibo in the Mario line at some point, ignoring Spike. Would not be surprised at the amount of amiibo boards they find post launch.

Also...

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comme...y_trinity_and/

Me thinks the scalping market is about to get a nice kick in the nuts.
    Ignoring Spike? He's a playable character in MP10, he's probably getting one just based on that. It'd be fairly jarring if they made an amiibo for every playable character in that game but one. If anything I'd just think that Spike would be the rare Mario series amiibo.

...which does beg the question of why they chose Spike of all things to be playable in this game. But still, it'd feel strange to exclude only one specific character.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Bow down to the almighty penguin!
    I've looked everywhere for that one. Was it preorder from Gamestop only, or was it somewhere else?

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Still no luck with Ike. I really should've pre-ordered him.

I did manage to get Sonic and Mega Man yesterday, though.

Thread Information