Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Untitled

Super Untitled

Ok so I guess this is starting now.
    There may be an opportunity for more people to join after the prologue finishes.

The game begins on a new moon in mid october, the ship has just docked after its long journey across the void to the new land. The townsfolk are a bit upset over what happened the previous night, as detailed in the "setting" section below. It is a little cloudy, and very dim out, due to the new moon and what not. You all have your own reasons for having been on the ship, and what you intended to do now, but the acting vice governor is looking to round up all individuals of interest who may be of help to the town in some way or another, or you can just avoid him and lay low, whatever seems right.

There is supposed to be a map available, but I won't be making it for several more days, due to personal business. The town has a population of around 800, with 40 people coming over on the ship, and 6 disspeared in the night, plus the four people who went out after them (of which one came back), for a total of 831 people. The largest building in town is the government building, at three stories, not counting windmills on the outskirts, theres barely any industry beyond whats necessary for farming at the moment, because the experts to improve the industry were supposed to be coming over on the ship (including player characters).

Anyways, here is ruleset v1.2
    Spoiler: rules 

I admit some parts of this may not be entirely clearly written, so I can answer questions and maybe compile the errata/faq/fix it if theres something overly confusing. Questions asked in this thread or the other thread would be answered within a few hours, questions asked in irc would be answered almost immediately, and questions asked in pm or vm might be answered eventually.
    Spoiler: changes from v1.0 

Spoiler: SETTIN 

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Re: Super Untitled

“Make way! Make way for Rostislav!”

A giant of a man burst out of the ship’s cabin, carrying a large crate under each arm. He was clad in full armor, “as thick as his skull,” as a man aboard the ship had put it, and slung over his back was a belt carrying a silver-bladed glaive as long as he was tall. He was laughing to himself through the great grin on his face as he ran recklessly over the docking bridge, apparently unconcerned about the cargo he carried.

The man set the cargo down next to what was already unloaded, and took a quick glance back towards the ship. The people unloading the rest from the ship probably hadn’t appreciated how he nearly bowled some of them over, but on the other hand, few others could carry as much with such speed. In any case, it looked as if the process was going smoothly, if a little more slowly.

There wasn’t much in the way of natural light, but it took the man little time to size the place up. It was small, fittingly so, but the new land beneath his feet told Rostislav that there were great things to come.

It had been a long journey, but Rostislav looked as if he had just stepped onto the ship back at the mainland. He put one heavy hand on the crate stacked beside him, forcing a nearby worker to make a new stack, and stroked his beard with the other. Thinking about where he’d sleep or what he’d do didn’t really occur to him. He wasn’t very sure on what to do first – he just wanted to do something. His resting hand was clenched into a fist, as if restraining energy waiting to burst forth.

Rostislav surveyed the town again, this time focusing on the people. It looked as if there were already some pleasantries going on for the landing party, and people were reasonably excited about the arrival, if rather anxious. He recognized that a fair amount of the passengers were gathering in a specific spot. With his only belongings on his back, he strode towards the group, barking greetings at every new face. Rostislav wasn't the kind to push people to get them out of his way, but they all naturally seemed to do so wherever he went, helping make his presence known, which was exactly what he aimed to do.

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

With a contented sigh, Carl rolled up his charts. He loved sailing - it was a great way for him to practice identifying constellations, though he didn't exactly need the practice. Placing the charts in a tube, he attached the tube to his knapsack and disembarked. Immediately catching his eye was a large oaf that seemed to be bowling people over, armed with a large spear that could easily impale Carl. But the man seemed jovial enough that Carl wasn't very concerned about his bloodlust, so he decided to speak to the man. "You know, you could afford to be a bit quieter," he said, with the slightest hint of annoyance in his voice. "What brings you here?" Carl asked, surveying the large man up close. "I can't imagine you'd be someone they'd send as a cartographer or architect, so what business might you have in this land?"

Without waiting for a reply, Carl turned away and began facing in the same direction as him. "You may call me...Carl," he said. "Carl Endymion. I am an astronomer that has been called here to chart the skies above this land, as well as to set up an observatory so that those who study the stars may do so here."
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

"Aha! Yes, I remember seeing you on the ship," Rostislav said. He cleared his throat and he lowered his voice to a more normal level, though one would suspect this was as quiet as he could manage. "Pleasure meeting you. I am Rostislav Arktosov."

"It is very simple. Ship needed muscle, Rostislav needed go overseas, so here I am. Ship also needed protection – they did not say so, but Rostislav can do that too." He recalled the many mornings at sea where he stood on deck, fully armored, squinting into the dawn. He shrugged his shouldrs, accompanied by a habitual rolling of the neck. "Ah, but no sea beasts came. Maybe next time."

"I am a hunter, you see. Hunter of great beasts and adventure. I was done hunting on main land, so I thought I go hunting in new world. No reason to stay still. This is very small farming town, but I see a dark forest there, further inland. I would not be surprised if beasts come out at night. I watch land, you watch sky, how about that, hah?"

Carl side eyed Rostislav. "Monsters? To each their own, I suppose," he said, reaching into his knapsack and recovering his journal. Flipping through the pages, he looked through the notes that had been provided to him on this land, sparse as they were. Not much was known about this new land, except that many major nations were watching it closely. Colonies littered the coast, and the inland was all but uncharted. The locals didn't entirely feel safe here, but Carl deduced that it was moreso the threat of the unknown rather than an actual...well, threat. He returned the journal to his knapsack and retrieved the map of the colony that he had arrived in to reference it. "Right, well, it's been a pleasure, Rostislav, but I must be going. The architects are waiting for me, as I'm also supervising the construction."

Walking away, Carl stopped and turned back. "That said, if you'd like to assist me in the construction, I'm sure I could find someone to pay you for your time. You're a very...large man, and an extra set of hands would be much appreciated. Even if there are beasts here, they won't be coming out for many hours," he called. "Just head northeast from here, you'll see the plot. If I'm not around, just ask the foreman where I've gone. Use my name - Carl Endymion, like I said."

Carl made his way to the plot of land that was designated to be the observatory. A table with blueprints was already set up for him to refer to, and he began comparing the new observatory's design to the one that he himself had learned at. They were similar, but the one being built before his eyes had a certain...flair to it that the one back home didn't. The architect was a local fellow, and perhaps he had deemed it suitable to give the observatory a local feel. Though it wasn't something Carl would have done, he found the alterations pleasing, and sat down to begin outlining the blank star chart that he would be filling in as soon as the sun set.

((dyna where's your character sheet posted? and flib, maybe it'd be a good idea to post everyone's in the OP))

hey look a tumblr

Fenna had only started reading this book as a way to pass the time during the trip, but how pleasant it ended up being! Its subject matter, an unusual card game, was the perfect vehicle for not only the development of the characters, but also their interactions and the plot's conflicts. The themes were quite interesting as well, challenging the notion that natural-born talent is necessary in order to succeed at something. All in all, a surpris-

"Er, 'scuse me, ma'am..."

"...hm? Ah!"

Looking up from the book for the first time in hours, Fenna finally realized that the ship had reached its destination, with the sailors already busy offloading the cargo, and the other passengers having almost all left the ship already. "It seems like I had become too absorbed in my reading... haha, yes, thank you, darling," she said to the sailor who had alerted her to this. Putting away the book in her bag, the sailor then proceeded to reach out for the enormous suitcase that was lying on the ground next to her. "Oh! Thank you for your help, but that won't be necessary. I can carry it by myself," she interrupted him, instead lifting it up with only her right arm. The sailor's sudden surprised expression amused Fenna (as it always did when people noticed how strong she was for her age), but he soon shrugged it off, probably having seen much stranger things in his time. And with that, she got off of the ship.

The atmosphere around the colony was... strange. The place was just a small town, not notable in any way, but its inhabitants seemed to be constantly on the edge, as if something terrible lurked about. "My, what a sad little hamlet. This was not a good destination for my vacation, after all... but it looks like there might still be some excitement to be found here, so maybe it wasn't such a bad choice, hm~"
    Last edited by Chiffon; February 3rd, 2015 at 06:13 AM.

((Character sheets are located in the proving grounds thread. I won't edit them into the op probably, but might link them.
    Additionally, if there is more than one npc talking at a time, I might choose to color the text of the important ones and leave the less important ones without it, just because they probably don't matter as much.))

"Alright, well, thank you for your time, if you want to pitch in, just head by the garrison a bit before sundown."
    The acting governor had been trying to greet each of the people coming off of the ship, but had been quite quickly overrun with the disembarkment speed and missed most of them. He'd have to get a charter from the captain, and then find out where they all went. It wouldn't be easy, especially since there wasn't really a legal precedent that would give him the authority to actually take on the role and ask for these things, and he'd merely been the first one to step forward to it. Maybe he should change his title to something more reflective if that. Maybe 'Sheriff', yeah, that'd sound great.
    Most people weren't interested in what he was asking for, though, since most people are as interested in chasing monsters as they are the opposite, but odds were there was atleast one person willing to join the search party.

A few individuals coming off the boat caught his eye immediately. They were very hard not to notice, either due to shape or to demeanor and purpose. The astronomer was one that he had known would be there in advance, since establishment of a reliable star-chart was supposed to be one of the first tasks for the colony, but the apprentice sky-watchers ,or whatever they were called, had complained that they needed better equipment to operate at this elevation and were afraid to head farther into the woods to get to the hills. He'd also been told, before the boss got carried off in the night, to look out for an old knight who, it was hoped, could help throw a few guards into shape, or atleast inspire them not to drop their weapons and run home. The other one was just, physically, hard to ignore, and from the sound of it seemed to already have the general idea. Might as well ask him first.

He approached, coughing both to clear his throat and attempt to gain attention.
    "Ahem, sir, uh, well Welcome to our town, first of all, and I don't mean to sound too forward with this, seeing as how you just got here, but we're conducting an investigation, and I couldn't help but overhear your conversation before.."
    This wasn't going too great so far, but the man was a bit intimidating.
    "I'll just get right to it, How do you feel about the woods, at night?.. No, no sorry, that doesn't sound right. What I mean is, I'm forming a search party because there was an incident last night and the governor is missing, else he'd have been here to greet you all, and you said you were a hunter, and that might be helpful."

As Carl walked away, Rostislav's voice instantly reverted to its former volume. "Yes! Rostislav will visit observatory later. Construction, it is no problem for me." The prospect of earning some coin glided right over his head. Any chance to throw his weight around was one he'd take – and fortunately for him, he found another job right as he turned around.

"Hm? What's this?" He turned to find a rather meek seeming man behind him. Rostislav's eyebrows moved wildly as he listened to the man speak, which in all likelihood wasn't helping the man's composure. "Aha! Yes, yes, you are right, I am a hunter. You want me to hunt man, you say? Incident? Woods at night? Hmmm! Tell me more about this. I am interested in hunting your governor, and also parties. Rostislav can party by himself if needed."

"It seems I have come at right time, and you have right person." Rostislav grinned and his hands immediately turned into fists as he brought his knuckles together. "Tell me what happened and what he looks like and I will bring him back!" He sniffed and put a hand to his chin. "Well, I bring small part of him back, depending. Perhaps he got eaten by wild boar. I can bring wild boar back, too."

"Oh?" While looking around the pier, Fenna happened to overhear the governor talking to some other, enormous man, about an 'incident'. Aha! Perhaps this trip wouldn't be a complete waste after all.

Thus, she approached the little man, perhaps being unintentionally intidimating due to the proud air she exuded. "Ah, hello! Sorry for interrupting, but I couldn't help but listen in on what you were just saying. I am a knight, come from the mainland; perhaps I could be of some assistance in investigating this incident?"

((Terribly sorry for the delays in everything, it has been a very difficult time in school for me, but theres only two projects left so I can now start to take time for this sort of thing.))

"Oh, yes, thank you, well, theres 6 people who, know what I'll just explain it all later when we're all together. We do hope everyone is still ok, but you never know, especially around here at night. I feel I should mention, just since you're new here, but we generally don't go out to the woods at night, especially not alone. Until yesterday, I'd have said 'its probably nothing to be afraid of' but now I don't really know."

As Fenna arrived, he turned to her and bowed slightly, "Oh, hello, miss, uh, sorry, I don't have a roster of who was to be on the ship. I was just discussing here with mister... Rostilav, here, about some recent events. I don't really mean to be bothering people who just got here and didn't have time to settle down, but the situation has turned a bit strange."

He turned away from the two, hands behind his back, and looked out into the forest, down past the rows of buildings, or at least those that were already there.

"I can go into more detail later tonight, when everyone is gathered at once, but the short of the story is last night, something came out of the woods and stole some people away, and only one member of the first search party came back, he's in our little hospital now, if you want to talk to him. I'm just right now trying to round up some people who might be interested in a more formal search, since the last one was less organized than a few farmers who ran out in chase."

He turned back around to face the two.

"Well, I don't mean to keep you, you've had a long journey. We'll be assembling by the watchtower on the edge of town-", he pointed out, towards a little three story tall, rickety looking tower on the outskirts, "just before sundown. I suppose it might normally make sense to go in the daytime, but I've been told we'll only have a chance of finding them when the moon is out, or at least that is how I interpreted the ramblings of the survivor. Uh, well, at any rate, I'll just let you all get settled in, do you have anyone you're supposed to be meeting with, or arranged lodgings or something of the sort? Oh, before I forget, you can call me 'Sheriff Droi'."

__________________________________________________ ____

Meanwhile, at the edge of town,

"Ah, Professor Endymion, oh, should I be calling you professor, well, anyways, it is an honor, sir," said the amateur star-watcher, who had been waiting at the observatory build site. "You'll love it here, it's so much different than being back home in the city. Theres almost no light interference and you can see the sky as it really is."

The architect rolled up the blueprints, after the last modifications had been made, and went back to his office to begin his calculations and planning of materials.

"Oh, you know what we should do?" The other amateur showed up from somewhere, "We should head up to the watchtower at night, since its the highest place in town until the observatory gets made, so we can show you some of the weird stars that we never saw from the mainland. Theres this one that kinda creeps me out, because it looks like its really low to the ground, and sorta reddish, and some days it isn't there, but most people in town either can't see it or refuse to acknowledge it."

"Yeah or how some of the constellations move around a lot faster than they're supposed to, like a whole year's rotation in a season. That is, if you're not too busy. "

"Professor Endymion will suffice," Carl replied. "And I definitely look forward to mapping everything in such a...pure environment."

At the mention of the vanishing stars and the rapidly moving constellations, Carl's eyebrows shot up. "I'm inclined to say that what you're seeing is just your eyes playing tricks on you, but at the same time, there does seem to be an overwhelming atmosphere of...oddity about this place. My notes mention that the general populace don't exactly feel safe here, and I'm inclined to believe that it's just the fear of the unknown rather than an actual threat, but if there are anomalies in the skies, perhaps that's what the people fear. I'll admit, I am busy, but I will gladly take the time to observe these phenomena."

He put the cursory star chart aside and took out his notebook. "Have any of you experienced something that gave you a reason to fear being here? Or do you know somebody who has?"

hey look a tumblr

"Aha! More Party!" Rostislav greeted Fenna with exaggerated arm motions as she stepped into the conversation, but managed to restrain himself from speaking out as the sheriff explained the situation. His facial expression constantly changed throughout, but finally settled on the same intense grin it had originally been by the end.

"I do not have lodgings, but I will figure something out. Rostislav would like to meet hospital man, however. Where is hospital? I will listen to ramblings." He turned to Fenna and meant to shake her hand, though he put the wrong hand out first. "Ah, yes, and you would come too, yes? I am quite surprised, meeting a knight here. Me, I am a hunter. My name is Rostislav."

As Fenna listened to the little man explain the situation, memories of similar old adventures came to her mind. A good old kidnapping case... or, well, not 'good', but whatever.

"Hmm, yes, this situation sounds quite dire. I'm actually not very tired from the trip, so it might indeed be a good idea to check the hospital right away." Then, chuckling lightly at Rostislav offering his left hand at first, she proceeded to return the handshake with her right. "Fufu~ It's a pleasure to meet you, Rostislav! I'm Fenna."

((My deepest apologies for this delay. If you want to know why I can say but a lot of things happened, compounded with normal finals+holiday things.))

"Well there wasn't anything concrete until yesterday when the silent hordes poured forth and dragged off a bunch of people, but until then it was just really the feeling."
    "Yeah but you should be fine, they couldn't open doors. Anyways, we've been using the watchtower since its the highest spot in town, you really cant miss it, out on the edge of town. We're going to be there most of the rest of the day so just drop by whenever I guess."

"Yes, well, its not so much of a real hospital, I suppose, " he started walking down the road, towards the north side of town, "We don't have anyone who would really be called a 'doctor', in the diplomatic sense of the word, well not until today, there were some on the boat, too."
    Droi led to the field hospital, a single story, wooden log building with no windows, "Now, this survivor, I should preface, he was not officially part of the search party, but ran out into the woods with a stolen prototype sword to try to follow them. The sword is not as important as the people, I mean it'd be nice to have back, but that's not the focus of this at all, right."

Opening the door, the insides of the hospital is essentially just two rows of beds, lit by oil lanterns, with a room at the back for supplies. At the moment there is one attending doctor, changing the bandages on some farmer who had an accident. There are four occupied beds. Vander is laying in one of the ones on the end, farthest from the door. His left arm is handcuffed to the bed post, his right one is missing from the elbow down, with his reddened shirt tied off over the end. He sits up in the bed at the sight of the group, and shifts closer to the wall, sort of afraid of the group.

"Arright, kid, want to tell these folks what you saw out there? We're going to go searching again tonight, but more carefully."

He pulled himself farther into a sitting position, swinging his body around so that his back was against the wall. In this position is becomes more clear that his leg on the same side is similarly damaged, as is his eye. He absentmindedly rubs at the damaged eye as he begins to talk.
    "I just saw one of the things, it wasn't the same one as what took the people, I think. I couldn't do anything to it, it just floated there, blocking out the light." His voice wavers a bit. "It spoke to me, before it turned around, it, it said, 'the purpose of pain is to learn from mistakes' and then my parts came off and I fell down and then I was here."

"He was found sitting in a cornfield, tied up to a scarecrow. Any questions?"

Rostislav grimaced as he saw boy. He had seen plenty of wounds before, but the one cuffed to the bed was in an especially sorry state. Rostislav sighed, as if shivering, as he looked about the rest of the "hospital." He didn't mind the idea of suffering some grievous wound himself, but ending up like the boy in such a place wasn't quite what he imagined.

"It floated? I was not expecting some magical man. Hrmm." Rostislav scratched his head and sighed again, though it was a different sort of sigh. "How did it look and attack you? Your, ah, parts... they come off like chop-chop or..." He made a bizarre motion with his hands accompanied by similarly bizarre onomatopoeia.

"We must know how it fights, you see. Such strange things in your forest." He knelt down and spoke softly in an attempt to make himself less intimidating. "It must hurt to remember, but please, tell us what you can."

Looking at the young man, Fenna couldn't help but feel sorry for him, being reminded of when a similar thing happened to herself.

"Hm... what a peculiar enemy. It looks like there's more to this incident than meets the eye." Looking over to Rostislav, she found his attempt at being less intimidating somewhat endearing, considering his size. Nodding to his questions, she added "Oh, and the sheriff here said that you had stolen some kind of special sword? What happened to it?"

Carl was stunned. Hordes of creatures kidnapping people out of the street? "Astonishing...and yet they can't open doors? How peculiar..." Carl wrote furiously for a few moments, then closed the notebook and returned it to his bag. "I believe this warrants a visit to whomever is in charge here, but rest assured, I'll definitely come by the watch tower later to observe the stars."

Walking away from the construction site, he worked his way to the center of town, hoping that he'd be able to find the man in charge. If he wasn't already aware of what the construction workers had just told Carl, he would be soon.

hey look a tumblr

"Well the sword was in the hand I lost. It was like a bird person kind of but it didn't fly around on its wings they were just sort of there, I didn't even see them at first. It was just running away for a while, or maybe it was just heading in that direction and not acknowledging me until I tried to attack it. Then it sort of turned around and it rose up and eclipsed the moon, mostly and the moonlight felt painful, and the parts that it shone on through the eclipse are what went missing. I think it was heading towards the resonance tower."

All this speech came between coughing and various other idiosyncrasies instead of as one seamless stream of words, but the stuttering and pauses are ommitted for clarity.

Droi had been sitting on the opposing bed, holding his chin in his palm, propped on his knee. When Vander mentioned 'the tower,' he grumbled a bit, stirring back to life from the stillness he had adopted during the description. Turning to the newcomers,
    "The resonance tower is a big... thing that our explorers found in the woods, a few miles out. Its kind of hard to nail down its location, since you can't see it very well through the treetops in the forest, and it doesn't seem to exist at all during the day, at least as far as we can tell. Not many people in the town know about it, we'd been trying not to mention it much because we've sort of had a bit of a hunch that if anything goes wrong, that'd be the suspect. "
    He stood uh, sighing, "Well, I guess that both confirms a suspicion, and makes it easier to guess where to look. If we can figure out how to find it reliably, at least. I've been told it is possible to navigate to it by the stars, but I'm not much of a scholar myself."

"The moonlight did...? Hm... this is distressing," Fenna ruminated. "I've seen a lot of weird things in my time, but this is a first. And if we'll be forced to face this thing at night... we'll have to be careful." She then turned to address the sheriff. "Well, do you know if there are any astronomers in here?"

"Aha! So we must use the stars, yes? I know just the person!" Rostislav stood and turned , suddenly very excited. "There was a great astronomer on the boat. I met him earlier. He was at the construction site."

He beat a fist to his chest. He wasn't quite out of questions, but he'd forgotten them all by now. Even still, Rostislav didn't neglect in addressing the boy a final time. "Thank you for your help. I will find the tower and meet this bird man myself." He turned around and his voice immediately changed in volume yet again. "I will go find Carl! Maybe he will help us."

With that he burst out the hospital door, strode forth a mere few steps, and hollered Carl's name into the evening.

((I dunno fi the hospital is in the center of town but this is totally in-character anyways))

The quietude of the colony at dusk was suddenly pierced by a familiar voice, shouting a familiar name.

Realizing the name was his, Carl looked (quite mortified) in the direction that the shouting was coming from, and ran over as fast as he could, hoping to arrive at...wherever that large man he had met on the boat was shouting from before he had a chance to yell again, disturbing the peace even further. Thankfully, he was nearby enough to do just that, and lo and behold, Rostislav was standing at the entrance to what appeared to be a hospital with a nondescript-looking man and an older woman missing an arm following behind - while the woman did not seem shaken by Rostislav's behavior, the nondescript man looked about as surprised and embarrassed as Carl did. Sighing, he approached the group.

"Heavens above, man, they must have heard you back on the mainland!" he said, exasperated. "What's going on? And whom do I have the pleasure of meeting in these...unusual circumstances?" he asked, gesturing to the man and woman behind Rostislav's towering figure.

hey look a tumblr

(( I have constructed a RUDIMENTARY MAP. Theres a little bit of weirdness where the hex borders didnt line up perfectly all the time, but it doesn't matter in any important way. Marked on it are the town wall, the mayors house, the hospital location, the watch tower, the observatory buildsite, and the more densely built up parts of town. The wall is currently more of a fence than a real wall. The red arrow shows the path the last search party took. The dark red star on the map is the apparent location of the low red star, as recorded by the amateur skywatchers, and the red circle is where they think the tower is located.
    Chapter 1 map
    The "empty" hexes can be assumed to be grassland or farmland, and may have sparse housing, but are not densely populated. ))

After giving his little speech, Vander fell back asleep, or at least became less responsive.
    "Yeah there's a few, not the best, but might work, or, oh, you knew one on the boat? Even better then. "

At Carl's arrival, he quickly greeted him, "Hello. Sheriff Droi, pleased to meet you. I'll let them explain, I've got to run home real quick-like and grab my supplies before it gets really dark. " He turned to close the hospital door on the way out, "I'll be at the watch tower in a few minutes, I'll see those of you who are coming there." , and with that he departed.

His home was an apartment, in the same building as the Mayor's house, but not connected on the inside. His "supplies" in this case, consisted of a small blade, a jug of water, a warm jacket, and a lantern. It was a very nice lantern, at least. Very bright. Most likely some magic from the mainland, with a gold-ish finish on the metal and a shutter that could focus the light in one direction. He felt like it was going to be more important than the 'real' weapon, after all, it is dark out there.

Some time later, he would arrive at the watch tower, and climbed up the top of it to speak to the guard on watch, one of the only guards left after the last search party dissapeared. He would wait up there until the others arrived.

"Ah, hello there!," Fenna said, stepping forward. "My name is Fenna. Me and Rostislav here intend to investigate the recent kidnappings that occurred in town. It seems that our quarry was last seen headed towards a tower located in the nearby forest, however, and the road to it seems unclear. Thankfully, our dear sheriff was kind enough to inform us that the path can be discerned with the aid of the stars, and so we were hoping that an astronomer might be able to lend us their assistance. Rostislav here just said that you are one, yes? If you would aid us, we would be quite thankful - as would the people of this town, I'm sure."

"You're in luck - Rostislav was correct," Carl said, disregarding the sheriff's abrupt exit. "I was hired by the colony to get the observatory off the ground, given that I am a Supreme Astronomer. And I would be happy to assist - I was told by some of the construction workers about the kidnapping, and was actually hoping to find the sheriff to inform him about it, if he didn't already know. They also mentioned some astronomical anomalies that seem very intriguing, and so I definitely want to study them further."

He looked up at the sky, stained orange and pink, with the inky black of night creeping in. "That said...we won't be able to mount a rescue expedition until tomorrow night. Given that there is some definite urgency, I will work as fast as possible to fill out a rudimentary star chart that I can fill in when I have more time, but I will not head into the wilderness until I am confident in my ability to know what I'll be looking at."

hey look a tumblr

"Aha! Thank you, Carl. I am glad we found you so quickly." Rostislav put on a large smile and cleared his throat. "Well, whether we go tonight or tomorrow, we must go to the watch tower, yes? If the little man meant supplies for us, that is good,but I agree. We must prepare ourselves."

"But who knows what waiting one day may mean for the missing people..." He seemed momentarily lost in thought, before chancing the subject completely. "If we spot the bird man from the tower I will shoot him down!"

As he turned in the direction of the tower, it became apparent that Rostislav didn't seem to have had anything on him to shoot the "bird man" down with, only the glaive still slung over his back. The bizarre nature of the enemy and wasn't stupid enough to underestimate it – but he seemed quite confident regardless.

Thread Information