Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Moves Thread

Custom Moves Thread

Since each character can now be altered to suit a different style I just wanted to see what everybody was using. Maybe this way people can find something different to try they wouldn't normally think of.

I usually swap the moves on Mega Man. I think Mega Man has some of the best moves, especially since they actually alter his moves. I usually swap between the Metal Blade and Shadow Blade but I always use the Ice Shot, I like the freeze effect, and the Plant Barrier, having the piercing effect works better for me. For recovery I use Beat but sometimes Tornado Hold since it has a decent attack attached to it.

Anybody else have their two cents? Or a different character they usually change things up on?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Re: Custom Moves Thread

The only character thus far I've been using custom moves for is Dark Pit.
    I've been using the Piercing Bow and Striking Flight since, for how I play him, I prefer to have more physically damaging moves.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Bowser's probably the only fully customized guy I play. Dash slam actually won me a recent match when I used it off stage with a higher percent and my opponent bowsercided us off the OPPOSITE edge thanks to that horizontal movement. We were both dumbfounded.

I really like Bowser's customs actually. I like his single fireball, the dash slam, and the Bowser bomb with the tripping effect.
    I've tinkered with Dark Pit but I don't have a lot of his customs, which is weird ebcause I use him fairly regularly. Guess I need to do more Smash Runs. I like the idea of damaging flight though.

On my Lucario I use Ride the Wind for the up special, Peircing Aura Sphere for neutral, and Stunning Double team for down. neither custom for force palm seems worth using

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I created for Mega Man a bunch of custom movesets to get all specials fit under fitting colorations, though naturally I went with a few liberties since not all colorations are in Smash. For example, the Blue/White Mega Man got Ice Slash and Skull Barrier, but also Shadow Blade (Shadow Man's default colors are blue, white and black, so it seemed like the best fit), and he also got Beat for the sake of variety.

I also made a few custom variations combined with certain costumes to recreate particular variants of the characters. For one example, I used Bowser's single fireball with his green outfit and labeled it "NES Bowser".

The only custom I really played yet was Link with the old-style boomerang, though most of the time I used that one only in Smash Run while I was busy completing his moveset.

Also, on a side note, my custom characters only use different specials. I don't care much about additional gear that alters stats, not even for my Miis.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

"You, Mario, will be a sign." Scolipede's Avatar

Dedede is my main, so my customizations are:
    Dedede storm (Who uses the inhale anyways)
    Armoured Hammer (Good for charging the Jet hammer because you can't be interrupted.)

I also use a diddy kong with a backflip. The only problem with the backflip is that you can't do a face grab.

I main Yoshi.
    Egg Launch (gets 'em off me for a bit, can KO easier than normal but requires higher percentages)
    Normal/Heavy Egg Roll (for a reliable, spammable rolling egg of doom in smashes, or for killing many ground-based enemies in Run)
    Egg Throw (my brother prefers the recovery move, but with the flutter jump, Yoshi doesn't need anything more than to hover-and it gives Yoshi the one projectile he really needs/can have whatsoever)
    Crushing Bomb (I always used it in midair over my foes anyways. This move seems made for players like me.)
    I sub Shulk.
    Decisive Artes (I never canceled Artes in the middle anyways, so a longer runtime? Count me in.)
    Back Slash (jumping doesn't change much, but I don't have charge yet, so I may use that when I get it)
    Air Slash (the most reliable, seeing as advancing's second moves you diagonally downwards and mighty reduces height)
    Power Vision (I do not normally use sword characters, so I don't normally counter. When I remember I have it, I want it as an ace-in-the-hole.)
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Frost Cavern, drowning in Vanillite hordes

Main Robin.

Thunder - May consider switching to Thunder+ but not likely
    Arcfire - Not touching this, Arcfire is amazing
    Gliding Elwind - Extra horizontal movement is always appreciated
    Distant Nosferatu - Nosferatu has pitiful range so any range increase is welcome

Second Shulk

Everything default except Power Vision.

Second Link

Hero's Bow - Power Bow is strong, but useless when not fully charged, and you can see a fully charged arrow from a mile away
    Boomerang - who needs gales
    Spin Attack - simple and sweet
    Bomb - I've considered Meteor Bomb but it doesn't appeal to me too much
    I'll get a sig later

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Hmmm!

I main Villager and he's really ridiculous customized tbh!

Pocket > Garden: Tricky to use but it doesn't leave you that open and residual damage due to the flower plus enough knockback to clear space between you and foes on top of pocketing things? I love it.
    Lloid Rocket > Pushy Lloid: Sure, it does pitiful damage and it doesn't go far but the shield pressure this thing has is ridiculous! It will never kill but man does it rack up damage and combining this with Counter Tree? Downright area control here.
    Balloon Fight > Extreme Balloon Fight: I wasn't partial to this because the recovery range of this was pitiful when compared to the other moves, but then I discovered popping the balloons makes you jump ridiculous high so you can recover from anywhere AND damage anyone who is above you. Hilarious.
    Timber > Counter Tree: Now this! Oh man, what an obnoxious move! You guys who have fought me must know how annoying and downright obscene this thing is! See, while this tree will never EVER kill, it matters not! In fact, you don't even have to water the tree! Because the sapling is ridiculous by itself! Why? Because it automatically trips and damages any foe who steps on it! Combine that with Pushy Lloid and Villager moving and attacking at the same time and you have the battlefield on lockdown! The best thing? This annoying sapling shuts down almost any ground approach for 15 seconds! And the tree isn't useless either! If an opponent hits the tree, they'll get damaged and pushed back! I can even trigger the effect myself by hitting the tree whenever they're near it and they'll suffer the damage!

Custom Villager is dangerous and annoying and I'm down with it.

Tinkered around with Rosalina's moveset. Didn't really think I'd change anything because I'm so used to her regular moves. I like her Luma Shot, fully charged its one of her better kill moves, and her Gravitational Pull is fine as is. Her attacking recovery and her single fast Star bit are much better. She's so floaty and jumps so high that slightly less recovery distance is barely noticeable and that single Star bit serves as a solid projectile instead of the annoyance tool the default Star bits are. Definitely gonna keep those two moves going.

I haven't really started using custom moves a lot yet. The only customized character I really play as is Palutena, in fact I refuse to use her original moveset because most of it is pretty useless, and I already find her really hard and annoying to use in general, but she's very fun to customize. I personally like Angelic Missile.

I didn't even think of Palutena. Yeah her customs are darn near needed. I actually like Auto Reticle because its such a great reference to Uprising and its awesome for taking out people recovering. Usually I use that, Angelic Missile, Rocket Jump, and Celestial Firework. Celestial Firework is such a strong move in this game.

I haven't tinkered much with Palutena's specials yet, as I'm fine with most of her default moves, while I found some of her alternative specials kinda odd, to be frank.

I like Explosive Flame more than Autoreticle, even though it's harder to pull off. I agree about Celestial Firework, though, that's another favorite of mine.

Necroing to whine about how hard it is to unlock any custom moves reliably in the WiiU version. I am at about 25 or so custom moves to go. I have them all for most of the fighters now, but it's been a real slog. I basically played like 8 hours of trophy rush (also to get the "destroy 50,000 blocks" challenge done) but I'm sick of it now and pretty much just want a more reliable way to do things. Crazy Orders might be the ticket but it's all random too. The only advantage is that it might be faster than Trophy Rush.

I just know it's all gonna end with me screaming in frustration when I'm on the last move of the last character and it just never. Shows. Up. Anyone had GOOD luck getting moves for a change?

I used Crazy Orders to get Mega Man's set complete, but that took me pretty effing long, and he's the only character on the Wii U version for which I already got all moves together.

The problem with collecting custom stuff (not only specials, but Mii hats as well) is yet another reason why I really miss Smash Run in the Wii U version. Smash Tour isn't much of an alternative for it.

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

I finally unlocked all of Dedede's custom moves and I'm enjoying Dedede Storm
    For Ganondorf, I am a Warlock Blade person. Good reach, and he's finally using that blasted sword! And Flame Wave has been very useful for Horde Battles in Master Orders.

I tinkered around with Pac-Man and Dedede's custom moves. think I would consider Freaky fruit to be the funniest of Pac's customs, but not very practical. Also, the Dire Hydrant seems like the best custom hydrant. Or does it do less damage on impact? By the way, Taste Test seems pretty useful, along with the Dash Jet Hammer. Thanks to the Dash Jet Hammer, it convinces me to actually use my down B.

Dire Hydrant is so annoying for me, because it explodes after a set distance if it hits nothing. You can no longer drop the hydrant from as high, and you can't smash it at anyone either. The On-Fire Hydrant also has these disadvantages, but at least you can set it for zoning purposes.

I got all the custom moves. Hardest was Charizard, which for no good reason gave me NOTHING of his for 20+ rounds of trophy rush (or as I started to call it, Atrophy Rush), but then by some miracle I got both special moves I was missing in one round. Once I was all done, it was kind of disappointing to see the clones are still cloney in their custom specials. Doc copies Mario and Luigi, even. And Marth/Lucina's customs aren't really all that cool or fun and generally make them worse. Blah.

I then proceeded to make "EX" versions of characters for over an hour. Fun fun.

Serious question. Is it ok to speculate what custom moves Mewtwo and Lucas may have in this thread or would that have to be its own thread?

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

'Prolly'd be okay.

I'm guessing Lucas gets PK Pulse...
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

I think that if Mewtwo and Lucas were to get custom moves, they would be unlocked for them from the beginning. Included with the DLC and all that. (Here's hoping Lucas has a custom Ness moveset )

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

It'd be cool to have a PK Pulse that moves like Lucas's PK Freeze.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Thread Information