Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Re: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasae Bushae View Post
    The Inklings certainly have alot of popularity to them.
    Does anyone know if Lucas and Roy were announced before or after their games were released?
    Roy was before, Lucas was after.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasae Bushae View Post
    The Inklings certainly have alot of popularity to them.
    Does anyone know if Lucas and Roy were announced before or after their games were released?
    Lucas was announced in 2007, MOTHER 3 came out in 2006. As for Roy, it's no secret he was put in Melee before his game was even released, but to give some more info on that (going by the Japanese dates, as these are the earliest):
    Melee came out in November 2001, Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi (Roy's game) in March 2002. As for Roy's Melee announcement, although irrelevant due to Melee coming out before FE6, and thus people would know about him already, the exact date is 15th January 2002, that's when the official Melee site updated with his infos. That would still be two months before the release of his game.

A Maveric Ant-man Mandobardanjusik's Avatar

The Kremlings have mobilized, K.Rool's chances are growing!
    Hey, I now have an art thread on here, go take a look http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...l=1#post966693

And uh, I would love some feedback and creative criticism by the way

I bet they chose the hashtag Diplomacy so when he inevitably loses they can say "Diplomacy has failed, team!"

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I bet they chose the hashtag Diplomacy so when he inevitably loses they can say "Diplomacy has failed, team!"
    He's a first party character with every main team member of the game having a trophy in the Wii U version with multiple youtubers pushing for him, and he's the safer Platinum character than Bayonetta. He's already in a waaayyyy better spot than all the third party characters gunning to get in.

Oh, I definitely want him too. Just sayin'.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I've been recently thinking about the maximum number of characters we can still get in. Given that there was data found within the game implying the roster can expand beyond the screen thanks to arrow buttons, I dare to day that Wolf might return even if he doesn't win the ballot. It would nicely fit the pattern of returning cuts that was tarted with Dr. Mario, actually.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    I've been recently thinking about the maximum number of characters we can still get in. Given that there was data found within the game implying the roster can expand beyond the screen thanks to arrow buttons, I dare to day that Wolf might return even if he doesn't win the ballot. It would nicely fit the pattern of returning cuts that was tarted with Dr. Mario, actually.
    I think Wolf is essentially guaranteed. I wouldn't be surprised if we had some kind of promotion like "buy Star Fox Wii U, get a free DLC code for Wolf" going on this year.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    I think Wolf is essentially guaranteed. I wouldn't be surprised if we had some kind of promotion like "buy Star Fox Wii U, get a free DLC code for Wolf" going on this year.
    Oh god why, I can already see a Yarn Yoshi thing happening now...

Edit: So someone pointed out the poll ends in October. Lucas comes out June. There is definitely planned characters in between Lucas and the poll ending, unless all characters between Lucas and the poll closing are determined by the poll.
    Last edited by Torchman; April 8th, 2015 at 09:17 PM.

If there's a Yarn Yoshi DLC for Smash, I guess we've been already told about this in the last direct.

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Roy (the one from Fire Emblem)? He seems to be one of the more popular picks for the ballot on Miiverse, perhaps the most requested vet, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    If there's a Yarn Yoshi DLC for Smash, I guess we've been already told about this in the last direct.

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Roy (the one from Fire Emblem)? He seems to be one of the more popular picks for the ballot on Miiverse, perhaps the most requested vet, actually.
    He would literally need a rework. Like, I'm not joking here, if Roy comes back and he is still a Marth clone, I'm not paying for him. I'll pay for Lucas because Mother 3 support and people I know use him(plus I actually miss him). I'll pay for Wolf because he is a semiclone and arguably the heavy character of Star Fox. I'll pay for Pichu because I like him and I like the self-inflicted challenge he represents. But I am not paying for a second clone, and that extends to an unmodified Young Link as well.

We already have a Marth clone. Her name is Lucina. We already have a flame sword user with an explosive charged B attack. His name is Ike. We have Lords and counter users. Their names are Marth, Ike and Lucina. We have sword users. Their names are Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin.

In short, I don't want to see Roy, especially Melee/PM Roy. He's nothing special in the grand scheme of potential Fire Emblem reps, his role was filled long ago, there are other Fire Emblem characters that deserve the spot more(more magic users and give me axes and lances darn it). I can already tell you I'd rather Tiki over Roy by far just based on importance to that franchise as a whole. There are Nintendo characters that deserve the spot way over him like K Rool and Isaac and Splatoon. Hell there are third party characters that deserve it more (glancing at you Square with Geno, FF, DQ and Chrono Trigger and you also Atlus).

The only reason he's getting those votes is because of Melee and PM love. That's all.

Poor boy Roy... but yeah, I agree with you Torchman. Even while I liked Roy better than Marth, he's kinda redundant by now, and without a massive overhaul (which is unlikely), there's no real need to have him back.

As far as other vets are concerned though, I'd be completely fine with just having Wolf and maybe Snake back. Young Link would be just as redundant, I never cared much for Pichu, and the other two Mons of the Trainer are also not that interesting in my eyes.

I'd totally take Ivysaur coming back, just because it'd be such an unexpected curveball.
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelHobo View Post
    I'd totally take Ivysaur coming back, just because it'd be such an unexpected curveball.
    But... it wouldn't. If the entirety of Trainer had been cut, and someone came back solo, yes it would've been unexpected. But because Charizard exists already as a solo character, and the fact our first two dlc characters are veterans, means it's really not hard to see those two back.

Now you know what I'd pay good money for? A trainer skin set, where every pokemon gets the option to turn on a trainer in the background that's individually customized(So for example Pikachu gets Gen 1 male trainer, Jiggly gets Gen 1 female etc) for each of them, much like the original Pokemon trainer. Now THAT'S a long shot, but I'd pay real good money for it.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

I'd love it if Ash were Pikachu's trainer, that'd be awesome. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love that they mentioned him in Pokémon Trainer's trophy, but it'd still be great to have him actually in the game.

Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.

I really want Captain Toad (or any form of Toad) for DLC. There is concerns that the Mario series is overrepped, but Toad is really the only one left to complete the picture. I'm one of those people who don't exactly welcome Rosalina's addition, especially before Toad either. I think Rosalina needs to be more slowly and gracefully integrated in the Mario series before she can be in Smash. That being said, Toad is the only character from the playable cast from a major Mario game, Super Mario 3D World, and a Toad character has been playable several times in the recent major Mario platformers. I think Toad is long overdue.

There is this one character, Takamaru, if I recall correctly, who's been repeatedly attempting to be in Smash, only to be cast aside. No other character has faced this much developer torment, so I think he needs to be welcomed in the spotlight once and for all.

Rayman unexpectedly has a trophy. Combined with the infamous fake leak, it feels criminal for Rayman fans to have their dreams dashed so thoroughly. Arguments of Ubisoft's reputation has nothing to do with Rayman's merits, so it's just poisoning the well. Still, stuff like the BS Rayman Legends debacle makes me a bit bitter toward Ubisoft, but I don't want Rayman's developers like Michel Ancel get shafted either because they had no control over what the management at Ubisoft does. Going on a slight tangent here, but bottom line: I really want Rayman.

Wolf, Roy, and Young Link are also other characters that should return. My philosophy is that no characters be cut, or at least the minimal be cut as much as hardware limitations allow. I'd like Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur too, but they will pad out the Pokemon representation, so I'd probably choose Pichu, as much as I dislike it. Ice Climbers probably cannot be implemented smoothly in either the Wii U OR 3DS version, thanks to 8-player Smash and the 3DS processing power.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGreenMario View Post
    Ice Climbers probably cannot be implemented smoothly in either the Wii U OR 3DS version, thanks to 8-player Smash and the 3DS processing power.
    Actually I think the WiiU didn't have a problem running the IC, even in 8-player Smash. I think it was specifically just the 3DS that couldn't manage them.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGreenMario View Post
    There is this one character, Takamaru, if I recall correctly, who's been repeatedly attempting to be in Smash, only to be cast aside. No other character has faced this much developer torment, so I think he needs to be welcomed in the spotlight once and for all.
    *tears softly fall onto a framed picture of Ridley*

Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.

You think? I'm not sure if that's true because there isn't any evidence if it works without frame-rate issues or not, but I'm assuming there will be frame-rate issues.

As for Ridley, well, he's not really suited as a playable character. The style simply doesn't suit him, so being a boss is a much better fit for him.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

How d'you figure?
    I've heard that argument so many goddamn times but what does it even mean? What defines which characters are suited for playability and which are suited for secondary roles?
    I know Sakurai's defined it like 5 different times, but then he broke 4 of those definitions so I'm curious as to what you mean specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    How d'you figure?
    I've heard that argument so many goddamn times but what does it even mean? What defines which characters are suited for playability and which are suited for secondary roles?
    I know Sakurai's defined it like 5 different times, but then he broke 4 of those definitions so I'm curious as to what you mean specifically.
    Here's mine. Because it wouldn't feel like Ridley. The Ridley I honestly expect, and the one that feels right, is the Ridley that appears on Pyrosphere. Hardhitting, large, destructive, tons of super armour, lots of reach with it's tail. Outside of the partner mechanic, it is the one I would expect if he were added in Smash.

I wonder if people would've felt differently about Ridley if he wasn't a boss in Brawl... Just a thought.

I personally want Shadow, but we already know that's not happening. I would love Captain Toad as well. With a Toadette alt! That'd be cool.

Oh, I want Roy to come back too. He's cool. My inner weeb wants Naruto and Ash as well.

As for a character I actually think has a chance... Paper Mario maybe? He seems pretty popular and I think he'd make a unique character.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

The problem I foresee with DLC so far is that we're just recycling characters that have been previously cut from the games. Considering the leak made with the Ryu and Roy files, the only anomaly to this is Ryu, since he'd require an entirely new moveset altogether.

Mewtwo has shown already that he's recycling his Melee moveset fundamentally, and I have no reason to believe Lucas would be any different from that sole preview video. Who's to say that Roy wouldn't be just recycling his Melee moveset as well?

For that reason, I foresee the other DLC inclusions would just be the other cut characters they can make room for:
    • Wolf
    • Snake
    • Ice Climbers (if they can figure out a way past the 3DS limitation)

I'm omitting the other Pokemon Trainer pokemon because I don't see much of a reason for them to exist and further pad the roster. I'm also omitting Young Link because of Toon Link's inclusion, and Pichu for rather obvious reasons.

What I do want to see is some more effort added to some of these inclusions. I for one liked how Roy handled in Project M and would rather prefer that than a second Marth clone, since Lucina was already made under a time budget decision, and I'd like to see some more effort return to some of these movesets rather than recycle them for whatever they're worth.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Yeah, I'd much rather have PM Roy than Melee Marth Clone Roy. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. There's that FE 25th anniversary concert in July and Sakurai will be there. It's possible he'll be announced there, but I personally won't get my hopes up. the disappointment would wreck me emotionally

I would like to see Wolf come back too. I wouldn't be too bothered if he were mostly the same, since Mewtwo is super fun to play as, despite being mostly the same from Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    The problem I foresee with DLC so far is that we're just recycling characters that have been previously cut from the games. Considering the leak made with the Ryu and Roy files, the only anomaly to this is Ryu, since he'd require an entirely new moveset altogether.

Mewtwo has shown already that he's recycling his Melee moveset fundamentally, and I have no reason to believe Lucas would be any different from that sole preview video. Who's to say that Roy wouldn't be just recycling his Melee moveset as well?

For that reason, I foresee the other DLC inclusions would just be the other cut characters they can make room for:
    • Wolf
    • Snake
    • Ice Climbers (if they can figure out a way past the 3DS limitation)

I'm omitting the other Pokemon Trainer pokemon because I don't see much of a reason for them to exist and further pad the roster. I'm also omitting Young Link because of Toon Link's inclusion, and Pichu for rather obvious reasons.

What I do want to see is some more effort added to some of these inclusions. I for one liked how Roy handled in Project M and would rather prefer that than a second Marth clone, since Lucina was already made under a time budget decision, and I'd like to see some more effort return to some of these movesets rather than recycle them for whatever they're worth.
    Actual the very strong argument for the pokemon trainer pokemon returning would be they aren't clones. Yes, it would mean more pokemon, but both Squirtle and Ivysaur have unique movesets not shared with anyone else, and most likely can't be taken by anyone else. The only other characters with that are Snake and the Ice Climbers, with Wolf after that, so it just becomes a matter of 'What franchise needs more'

Thread Information