Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

Re: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

This is kind of a stretch, but I'm hoping for Bandana Dee. His spear could be used in way too many ways to count. Plus, he's my favorite kirby character.

just add syrup pancakes vs. waffles's Avatar

Phantom R
    along side the reveal trailer for a rhythm thief sequel during a nintendo direct.

You can see why, right?

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I think there isn't gonna be any Pokemon DLC, other than Mewtwo. And even he's a special case, because he was already in Melee so they won't have to make him a new moveset (even though they should, because he sucked in Melee). Otherwise, there would be way too many Pokemon reps.
    From what I gathered, they're working on Mewtwo from scratch, so they can't rely too much on his old moveset. Sure, it's a good guideline for how he's supposed to play like, but they still have to create him completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    See and that's just it. For Brawl, Kojima was involved in the design of every single element that was metal gear. If you look at the credits, someone from each third party was clearly involved, such as Ono for Capcom. If Snake was in, someone from Konami would've been involved, and considering Kojima is basically their savior at the moment, he would've known.

Also you'd be surprised at the copyright claims nintendo has for smash related stuff. Even on the third party content.
    Ah, that is of course a major point against Snake. Unless Kojima is just tricking us to keep Snake a big surprise...
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Here's just a big general listing for what I think will happen. The chance happening is top to bottom

-Newcomers from first party games/series that didn't receive newcomers or only have one newcomer/rep(Xenoblade, Punch-Out, etc)
    -Veterans
    -series that obtained a newcomer and already have multiple reps (Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem etc)
    -Pokemon and Mario. Mario recieved two newcomers and an old veteran, and Pokemon recieved a newcomer AND the first DLC.
    -Third Parties. Having to work out licensing agreements to ensure they can stay on the eshop for the Wii U and 3ds's life and longer could be costly. This includes Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man.

A Maveric Ant-man Mandobardanjusik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    Here's just a big general listing for what I think will happen. The chance happening is top to bottom

-Newcomers from first party games/series that didn't receive newcomers or only have one newcomer/rep(Xenoblade, Punch-Out, etc)
    -Veterans
    -series that obtained a newcomer and already have multiple reps (Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem etc)
    -Pokemon and Mario. Mario recieved two newcomers and an old veteran, and Pokemon recieved a newcomer AND the first DLC.
    -Third Parties. Having to work out licensing agreements to ensure they can stay on the eshop for the Wii U and 3ds's life and longer could be costly. This includes Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man.
    So K.Rool(and Dixie) are at the top of the list then
    Hey, I now have an art thread on here, go take a look http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...l=1#post966693

And uh, I would love some feedback and creative criticism by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobardanjusik View Post
    In theory, yes. However, if either one becomes DLC, then it means the chances of the other are dropped dramatically. So keep that in mind before raising hopes.

Judging from the top item of the list, I'd say Ridley is still more likely than K. Rool or Dixie.
    HOPE WILL NEVER DIE
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Challengers Approaching! choruskids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobardanjusik View Post
    I think a Rhythm Heaven rep is next in line before those considering it's first party and has no rep!

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

To me, the most realistic candidates for returning veterans would be Wolf and Lucas, both of which had pretty loyal followings in Brawl and played differently enough from their base fighters that they weren't really any more clone-ish than Ganondorf. We don't need another Link, we got more than enough Pokemon reps, and even if we needed another Fire Emblem rep (which we don't), Chrom's odds are better than Roy's at this point. From what I've gathered in Kojima's statements, I don't really see Snake returning, but he has been known to mess with fans, so who knows?

For newcomers, I think Dixie Kong is our best bet. Super popular in her own series and is one of the most requested characters for Smash from a franchise that is a bit low on reps.

My personal hopes are for Tetra to compliment Toon Link. I'd love to see another Zelda rep, and she's the only one in my wish list that wasn't Assist Trophy-zoned.

I suspect Wolf to be more likely here, since Mother 3 isn't that popular in Japan (or so it seems), but I wouldn't rule him out either.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if only vets would be DLC, as I was just already quite fine with Brawl's roster.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    This is kind of a stretch, but I'm hoping for Bandana Dee. His spear could be used in way too many ways to count. Plus, he's my favorite kirby character.
    YES. I really want to see him as playable, I'm thinking sort of a cross between Link and Meta Knight.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

To be frank, I'd prefer Prince Fluff over Bandana Dee by a large margin. Or Adeleine, she'd be cool too, for reasons.

Oh Adeleine would be a wonderful addition. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    To be frank, I'd prefer Prince Fluff over Bandana Dee by a large margin. Or Adeleine, she'd be cool too, for reasons.
    I dunno, Prince Fluff was only in one game, so there wouldn't be much to work with outside of it. Adeline I'm ok with, but they haven't touched her since the Crystal Shards. Bandana Dee is just kinda recent and is in quite a bit of games, namely Triple Deluxe, Super Star Ultra, Return to Dreamland plus the upcoming Rainbow Curse, and just seems to have a lot of potential to be DLC. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, though.

The thing is, Epic Yarn was chockful of differnt kind of stuff that both Kirby and Fluff could use, which would offer lots of potential for an interesting moveset. I'll admit I want him in because I want Epic Yarn get SOME recognition in Smash, as it is my favourite "non-traditional" Kirby game.

I admit Bandana Dee wouldn't be a bad pick either, but it's just that Fluff and Adeleine just seem more interesting to me in terms of moveset potential.

Shrek and Goku would be the best DLC characters, hands down
    ^ Best post in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal02 View Post
    Shrek and Goku would be the best DLC characters, hands down
    A wild troll appeared!!!

Aside from that I agree with the suggestion of Bandana Dee, the greatest of all waddle dees.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

If the roster doesn't look like this by the time the Nintendo Weewuuwhattaboutit comes out I will be grossly disappointed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...reamroster.png

Yes, I put that together. No, I am not proud of it.

That doesn't look all that bad (well except for Ridley being the Other M design, Snake is absent and it annoys me that the characters aren't sorted by franchise), but could you please put nametags on all those folks (and mention their home franchises)? Because there's a good chunk of characters where I can only guess or have no clue where are they from whatsoever.

EDIT: Wait, is it just me or is Bowser missing here? Nevermind just found him right after posting this edit.
    Last edited by ZORK; November 30th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Nah, Bowser's there, under Charizard next to Little Mac and above Sami.

Though on the subject, that is a really nice Inkling model.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Thumbs up for adding a Style Savvy character! My sisters would love that.

It's a pretty sweet roster altogether even though Shadow's not there, but I do think Snake should be there. :D

Gotta level with you: I dislike Snake. I don't like his series, his character, or how he plays, so he's not getting on my fake fantasy roster. :P
    Also names of characters from left to right by row:

1st: Duck Hunt, DK Jr, Dillon, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Anthony Higgs(Metroid series), Ganondorf, Impa, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Sheik.
    2nd: Monita(Nintendoland), Kirby, Peach, Dixie Kong, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Robin, Tetra, Zelda, Dark Pit, Ridley, Krystal.
    3rd: Marshal(Rhythm Heaven), Sukapon (or Skapon, Joy Mech Fight), Shulk, Dr. Mario, Diddy Kong, Ness, Mario, Wonder Red(The Wonderful 101), Ike, Anna(Fire Emblem), Bandana Waddle Dee, Paper Mario.
    4th: Link, Bowser Jr, Pichu, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, Wario, Pikachu, PAC-MAN, Lucas, Captain Toad, Excitebike, Charizard.
    5th: Toon Link, Pokemon Trainer, Tiki(Fire Emblem, again), Wii Fit Trainer, Yoshi, Inkling(Splatoon), Luigi, Villager, King K. Rool, Little Mac, Bowser.
    6th: Falco, Mii, Pit, Mega Man, Lolo & Lala(Adventures of Lolo), Mallo(Pushmo), Lucario, Rosalina, Palutena, Savvy Stylist(Style Savvy), Chibi Robo, Sami(Advance Wars).
    7th: Marth, Sonic, Lucina, Alph, Dark Samus, Greninja, Mike Jones(Startropics), Fox, Zero Suit Samus, Meta-Knight, Samus, Isa Jo(Sin & Punishment).

Thanks for the list. I had no idea who Sukapon, Tiki, Savvy Stylist and Isa Jo were, and I didn't recognize Mike Jones (reminds me I gotta have to check his games out).

Challengers Approaching! choruskids's Avatar

Reigniting this thread now that Lucas was revealed!

I'm starting to think the Inklings have a high possibility to be DLC, with Nintendo trying to promote Splatoon so much!

The Inklings certainly have alot of popularity to them.
    Does anyone know if Lucas and Roy were announced before or after their games were released?

Thread Information