Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    Now that I've thought about the delay of content, food for thought: Ignoring the small team and god knows what else behind closed doors at the studio, but could corporate meddling be playing a factor in the release schedule for DLC?

No seriously, think about it. When we first saw Mewtwo, at least it was just a model/render. We didn't see footage until like 2 weeks before release. But in the same direct, Lucas debuted. Everything about him looked DONE. Like, what wasn't ready about that outside of MAYBE his final smash? I don't see why Sakurai would have a reason to hold him back outside of avoiding the same bugs Mewtwo had, especially since it also means Lucas isn't allowed in EVO as a result.
    That could be, Nintendo did say they wanted to wait a little while after their games release before selling their DLC.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

If possible, it'd be cool if Shovel Knight made it to Smash. Probably not, but it'd be cool. If I really wanted to go crazy, I'd vote for the Lego Minifigure. Costumes could be different genres, specials could be split second lego creations, and the Final Smash could be a giant Lego creation, a combination of all the genres. But....it's probably never happen.
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I've been recently thinking about the Ice Climbers and their odds of maybe returning to Smash.

Granted, I said myself multiple times that they are unlikely, but the thing is, Sakurai also stated that he stopped working on resolving the issue because they were not a high priority.

I just wonder if enough people ask for their return, he is willing to return working on them?

It's just I still try to figure out why the Ice Climbers crashed the 3DS, while Rosalina and Luma do work.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

That has been answered countless times already. Luma and Nana aren't comparable at all. Nana is affected by physics, has a much more advanced AI (can grab ledges, use items, attck by herself, tries to recover, shield), Luma is just an extended hitbox of Rosalina, so to say. He just moves when you do (or stays in place after seperating), only attacks when you do, can't grab ledges. Not only that, but Nana actually "levels up" as the fight progresses, at least that's the case in Melee, dunno about Brawl. Nana's AI is partially dependent in Popo's damage. If anything, Luma's more comparable to the Pikmin, and I recall Sakurai saying he even had problems with them. In the final game, they move at only 30 FPS and also have worse AI than on the Wii U version, so even for them, compromises had to be made.

And that's not even going into the fact that the IC were basically two characters at once, model wise. The game is already taxing enough on the 3DS with just four fighters, how bad would 5... or let alone 8 be? And quite frankly, I have my doubts that the Wii U would be able to handle 8 Ice Climbers (16 characters at once) either, especially when you add potentially chaotic stages and items into the mix.

Oh, I see. I never stumbled across such a detailed answer, only read something about the polygon resolution of the models, but not about the mechanical side of things.

In that regard, it makes sense why the Climbers are dropped and most likely won't return for this installment.

There's the potential for them to return as a single fighter, but then their gimmick is gone, and characters like ROB and Duck Hunt fill the NES-era niche a little better.

Having only one IC left would murder one of their major appeals though, so if there is really no way for Sakurai and his team to work around the IC issue, they won't return until the next iteration of the series.

Thread Information