Thread: Super Smash Brothers: The Relic.

Over-Obsessive Fangirl #2326094719 RubyTheMaster's Avatar

Super Smash Brothers: The Relic.

"In 1999, a powerful entity named Master Hand started collecting fighters from different universes to fight for his entertainment.

Now, fifteen years later, one group of Smashers have forged a friendship stronger than steel, and they're setting out to do the impossible:

Defeat Master Hand and release themselves and their friends from the World of Smash.

Of course, there's bound to be a few bumps along this journey..."

And a whole lot of injuries! *children cheering*

Hello, and this is my debut on this part of the forum! This thread'll be about The Relic, a fanfic focused on a small cast of Smashers as they try to free everybody from the World of Smash.
    Here's the cast:

Marth (the MAIN main character)
    Link
    Zelda
    Rosalina
    Samus
    Ike

So, yeah, here's the link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1866162...bros-the-relic

Also, if any of you guys are Tropers, could you help me make a TvTropes page for it, too (after reading it, of course)? Thanks! *takes a bow*
    If you like SSB and don't mind seeing your favorite characters horribly killed and injured (don't worry, I don't do it TOO much) whilst forging bonds of steel you should read this
    http://www.wattpad.com/story/1866162...bros-the-relic

Re: Super Smash Brothers: The Relic.

If anyone has feedback, please tell me. Also if you have a WP account tell me what its name is.
    If you like SSB and don't mind seeing your favorite characters horribly killed and injured (don't worry, I don't do it TOO much) whilst forging bonds of steel you should read this

This was pretty good. Well done! I like how you used Marth (one of my mains) Also, how you described Link was cool.
    Can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work!

If you didn't know, this thing already has 25 chapters (I uploaded the 25th one last night.) That chapter is not the only one. If you having problems with Wattpad not taking you to other chapters or pages, never fear- I shall be porting it to Fanfic.net... eventually...

*Looks at site again.*
    *sees more parts*
    *feels like an idiot*
    *begins to read all parts*

XD

Finally caught up. It was AMAZING! ALL of my mains got important parts (Except Shulk...I really wanna see Shulk :P) The way all the character interact is amazing and I want more! I DESIRE more! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Tale View Post
    Finally caught up. It was AMAZING! ALL of my mains got important parts (Except Shulk...I really wanna see Shulk :P) The way all the character interact is amazing and I want more! I DESIRE more! Keep up the good work!
    I'm very happy you agree! :D I'll try and get another chapter up today. I'm really on a roll! I may even finish this today, AND start on the sequel~!

Chapter 26 is up, Curly!

*Fangirl sceaming*

Ruler of the Moldy Cheese in your Fridge LogicalFallacy's Avatar

Ok, I told you I would read this and give feedback, but I only read the first half. Now that I've read the second half, I can only say I really enjoy it. Let's go over it step by step. The rest will be in a spoiler because it covers issues/things I liked near the end of the fic.
    Spoiler: The Relic 
    Concentrate your mind. Mutter the spell to Mini-Elemental-Reactor tenderly. Aim at someone you don't like...

Now, unleash your annihilation of love!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm writing the last chapter now, and I'll release it and the epilogue (which is also the prologue to the sequel) at the same time, hopefully later tonight.

Yes, I noticed Marth and Rosalina's relationship speeding along. It kind of crept up on me. I don't really know how my brain connected "Rosalina is Marth's therapist and has sympathy for what happened to him" to "luv", but ehhhh. I guess I missed some opportunities to kind of hint at their relationship more.
    I realized just how bad I was at fight scenes pretty early on, and I tried to improve on it with what happened in "Return of the Dark". I think I just need to describe scenes better. And as for the "winning really hard stuff" and "losing only slightly hard stuff"... yeah, I don't have an excuse for that. (I've never written a fic before this one. Does it show in the fact that I don't know how to respond to criticism that well?)
    Ganondorf losing his competence. Sorry about that. My excuse for how he noticed DL and DZ but not Marth was that Marth looked behind Ganondorf with a look of genuine surprise on his face, and Ganondorf turned around, thinking, "if he's faking, I'll just punch him, if he's not, he's accidentally warning me of something". I say the reason he didn't notice Marth is that he was a preoccupied with "hey I'm totally about to win". Not a good excuse, sorry.
    The "I can't let you go" thing... Yeah, I can see how that was a problem. That's just how I'd react if something like this was going down- "Stay here, darnit, I don't want you hurt".

Like you, I really think character interactions/development is my strong suit. There's obviously going to be more in the sequel and, again, I hope I can fix how well I do fight scenes. Thanks for reading!

Hey! Just read part 27. first things first: For some reason, white clothed Marth and Rosalina remind me of marriage.
    I'm excited to finish this when everything comes out. And about the criticism you received: Don't worry about it, as a fellow writer with some stuff on the web, I feel for you. The best advice I can give would be to keep writing.

Again. Keep up the good work!

I feel I should mention I've finished this fic and book two and I'm working on the second sequel?
    http://www.wattpad.com/story/2514852...-bros-the-hunt

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

I had some spare time today and started reading this, so far I think it's pretty good! I'm glad I came here to check it out... well, not here... there... with... the... story... and... stuff...
    Izzguud.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Thread Information