Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Cross Zone

Re: The Cross Zone

Zero slipped into his relaxed-looking combat stance. He put his weight on his bent right leg, locked his left leg, and raised his arms, hands open. His breathing was slow and rhythmic. Inhale. Exhale. Sigma was bearing down on him. He was ready. As the Maverick was about to strike, he used Ryuenjin, bringing their blades together in a clash of flame.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

The Velguarder, and Sigma for that matter, were unlike anything Robin had seen before. Sigma was more akin to a mechanical risen than he was to a human, and the Velguarder appeared to be some sort of deranged, robotic dog. Despite the distance, she could feel the heat radiating from it.
    As she was formulating an strategy, she heard Rez's call for help. Then, an idea struck her. She pulled out her Blizzard tome, and aimed carefully. 'Never understood why they called this wind magic...'
    A blue mist flew in the direction of the Velguarder, followed by a barrage of ice. With some luck, the ice wouldn't melt before touching the reploid.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Sigma was caught off guard by Zero's attack, but didn't miss a beat in his counter.
    The sword began to twirl in his grasp and he clutched it in a reverse grip, placed one hand on the pommel and stabbed towards Zero.

The cold blast wasn't enough to stun Velguarder, but it knocked him off course causing him to land beside Rez, or at the very least where Rez had been when it leaped. Velguarder shook off some of the frost on its body and opened its mouth, letting out a dozen balls of electricity that flew in arc, at least one or two of them towards Robin and Rez each.
    Furthermore, it seemed that the Armor Soldiers had begun their attack, one of them began to charge at Zan punching forward as it did, one drove up towards Robin, and attempted to punch her as well.
    Well, attempted, but Luciana ran up and threw her shoulders inbetween the Armor Soldier and Robin, runes showing up at the contact point.

"Ooooooh..." Luciana muttered in pain, before jumping onto the rim of the mech itself and pulling herself into the cockpit.
    The pilot gave her a shocked look before throwing a punch, Luciana responded by throwing one of her own. In the process she probably hurt her own hand as much as she did the robot.
    "Why does everything have to be made of rock or metal?"
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Projectiles I can deal with! I lock on to each shot and fire, dispersing every single one of them. This time, I remember to get out of the way after finishing the bullet-shoot. But it's a closer call than I'd like, and I could really use a hand with getting the dog to sit down and play dead.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Zero matched Sigma's movement, twirling his weapon's hilt into a reversed grip to use Hyouretsuzan. The Z-Saber's blade became a tower of frost that he used as a shield against the attack. He was uncertain if the giant icicle would hold up, but it was the best barrier he had.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

(...hello? Guys?
    Unless it's because you're too busy playing Smash Bros. That's a legitimate justification.)
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

The Velguarder retaliated with 2 blasts of electricity towards Robin. She jumped sideways to avoid them, and it was then that Luciana dual guarded her from the Armour Soldier and climbed onto it. Robin saw an opportunity as the robot was left open to an attack; she retrieved her Bolganone and aimed. "Time to even the odds!", she screamed, and as she screamed, a barrage of fire shot up towards the robot's armour. "I guess frost doesn't work. How about fire?"

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Valguarder tilted its head curiously at Rez and his ability to destroy his projectiles. It then repeated its previous action, firing out half a dozen shots specifically towards Rez this time, but following up with a jumping swipe immediately afterwards.

Sigma's blade had enough energy to pierce Zero's tiny tower of ice, but all of his momentum died leaving the blade sheathed halfway through Zero's.
    Seemingly at a disadvantage, Sigma never-the-less smirked as, with a slash of his hand, he fired off a short electrical shockwave point-blank, turned off his own saber leaving only the hilt, and jumped backwards several feet before reactivating it.

Robin's fire blast wasn't enough to kill the reploid, but it distracted it long enough for Luciana to place her hand inches from its face and blast her own fire, melting the things head before it slumped over, completely useless. She grabbed the thing's torso and tossed it out of the cockpit, leaving the ride armor for herself. There was however, the problem of her not knowing how to do anything with the control console in front of her. She began to experimentally test buttons.

"Um, I might need a minute."

Half a dozen is less than eight. Sparing two lasers for the attack dog, I disperse each projectile before leaping out of the way again. "If that's how you're gonna play, Rover, this is gonna get real repetitive real fast." Not that that's a bad thing.

Unable to dodge in such close quarters, Zero was hit by the shock, sparks dancing across his armor. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain, then jumped back up and dashed away from Sigma.
    "Hey! That's a new trick. Remind me not to fall for it next time."
    Comfortable with the distance between them, Zero turned toward the Maverick and resumed his ready stance, waiting for his opponent to make a move.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

(I wonder if the dog realizes I just insulted it?)

((As a rule I try not to make any GM posts before three separate people respond, mainly so that nobody gets left in the dust. The last thing I want is for this thread to be dominated by two or so people because everyone else got left behind a page back, that was a big misstep in Dimension Clash 3. Also bumping a thread like this is probably a bad idea.))

(((I was trying to bump for the others, yeah. I don't completely see how it's a bad idea, though...)))

Robin positioned herself near the Velguarder. 'Alright, so fire works against these... mechanical things. Wonder if I can make lightning strike twice...'
    She looked at her Bolganone tome. While a bit worn, she could probably get a few more uses out of it. 'I do have to be careful though, this is probably my most useful spell...' She aimed at the robot and, hoping to overheat it, unleashed a cannonade of flames upon it.

"I've picked up a lot of new upgrades Zero." Three energy orbs sprouted from behind Sigma and shot towards Zero. Not a moment after Sigma additionally dashed in, swiping with his saber. "Pity it seems like you haven't."

When Robin's powerful flames eventually died down, Velguarder emerged
    looking absolutely fine.
    The metal plating on his body was glowing a slight red, and it's movements seemed to be slow, calculating, it's possible that the machine had been injured but simply didn't show it.
    Whether the blast of fire injured Velguarder or not, it faced down its two opponents, opened its mouth, and began letting loose a huge stream of fire, sweeping through Robin and Rez. After a full minute of this, Velguarder closed it's mouth, a couple of cinders dancing around its jaw. The red glow having disappeared.

"Alright, so that's the punch button and I think this moves me forward, but how do I stee- HEY!" one of the other Armor Soldiers had begun pounding on Luciana's ride. She shot of a couple of poorly-aimed fireballs while attempting to continue investigation of the machine's controls.

"Robin, it's weak to lower temperatures! Better off using the ice thing again!" And then it begins breathing fire.
    It's at this point I realize I need to either adapt, get help, or be screwed over. I don't have a keyboard on me or around here, and I'm not about to lose. This leaves one option.
    I run behind Robin, hoping she does something to increase our safety. I hear Luciana's yelling, and notice she's having her own problems. Ones I may be able to deal with. "Hey Luciana, trade ya!" I call to her, as I scan the controls to either use myself or call out the answers to "what does this do".

(Guys?)

Zero swung his saber at the shots, the blade absorbing the energy, and rolled to the side, avoiding the attack. "You're gettin' slow, old man!" He dashed away and griped the hilt of his sheathed weapon, beginning to charge its energy. With his other arm, he fired off a few half-charged Buster shots at Sigma to keep him busy. No sense in letting him spoil the show.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

(Guys.)

Thread Information