Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Nights at Freddy's

"You, Mario, will be a sign." Scolipede's Avatar

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    You know, from that picture Scolipede posted, new Bonnie looks a little bit cutesy compared to his original look. I wonder how they would make him scary. But as for old Bonnie, what the heck happened to his face?! Even though he's a machine of death and destruction, you can't help but feel sorry for him.
    Thats not bonnie. thats freddy.
    EDIT: oops. I didnt know the picture changed. why did it do that?
    Last edited by Scolipede; October 2nd, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

WIIIIIIIIIITCHCRAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFT Kage's Avatar

Today, I did my first drawing of an animatronic: Bonnie. Darn thing scared me half to death. My friend looked at it and nearly had a heart attack. (It was a small drawing of Bonnie peeking into a window of a room my OCs were in and scratching a hand menacingly down the glass.)
    And I too feel sorry for the poor creepy bunny. But that's because I have a lovable bun of my own, so I hate to see rabbits suffer.
    *smiles evilly as only I can*

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipede View Post
    Thats not bonnie. thats freddy.
    EDIT: oops. I didnt know the picture changed. why did it do that?
    He replaced the photo on his website so it changed. Same thing happens when you link pictures of the day straight from the smash website.

Oh god no the picture changed again.

Oh god no the picture changed again.
    I think that they're recycling the same picture spot. It's kinda weird, but neat at the same time. Plus, it's been that way for a while. Maybe we'll see Chica, next...?
    Last edited by Redandgreen43; October 13th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Anyone else one of those people who try to watch these videos but can only manage to have only part of the screen showing? Either that or I spend my time just reading through the comments because I'm too scared to watch it. That's my relationship with this game in a nutshell. I like reading about the lore and looking up videos but it barely qualifies as watching it because I'm scared of everything. That seems to be my thing with scary games. :P

Also, just found out my younger sister bought the game. Couldn't even get past the first night because she was so scared. I give her props for just trying though.
    Last edited by GenoWhirl; October 14th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Geno's Codes and Things

The Villager of Death

The original five night's at freddy's looks like a gentle stroll through a kids' halloween attraction now.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

I dunno, this trailer wasn't that creepy so it's still a tad hard to tell if it's realy gonna be scary. Worst it showed was a Foxy jumpscare accompanied by a silly scream. Poor Foxy still seems to be pretty bad at jumpscares. But from the looks of it, I do like what they did with the gameplay. In the first game you could win by keeping an eye on just your blind spots and Pirate Cove, but here it seems like keeping an eye on all the rooms and all the robots is important, which is a good thing since that keeps up the paranoia, especially now that there's, wot, at least 6 bots to worry about?

I'm wondering if I will actually buy this one...
    Last edited by Zant; October 22nd, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Did he just put on a Freddy mask/head?
    He should have thought of this a long time ago! XD

Though I am guessing Freddy & co are after you for another reason this time around... gulp.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

The trailer is alright. It hints at a few new features and dangers in the game. The still-shots in the trailer and the screenshots in the Steam Greenlight page do frighten me with a sense of "whoa wait what's going on here!?", and faceless Bonnie scares the stuffing out of me!

Now, I get that the old animatronics are malfunctioning and may be out to get you in the same way they used to (thinking you're an endoskeleton without a suit), but what about the new ones? What could they possibly hope to gain from getting to you?

The new anmatronics apparently have face recognition, so perhaps if they do see you they'll leave you alone... unless you have your mask on?

...except that in the screenshots they're sometimes seen with pieces of the old endoskeletons and such...

I have no idea what the heck's going on, and that fact alone is scaring me, heheh. Can't wait to see the resulting LPs of this. XD

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

The Villager of Death

I think you guys are forgetting that the animatronics never were REALLY attacking you because they thought you were an endoskeleton. There's a hidden backstory inside the game revealed by newspaper clippings that states that some kids were murdered and shoved into the suits, so they're basically possessed.

Yeah, there's that to take into consideration as well. Makes me wish said backstory was more fleshed out in the game. It's hinted at very heavily, but hardly anything concrete was really said. Aside from the news postings around the walls, anyway, but those were still kind of vague.

I'm not very good with speculation, admittedly. I'm more interested in the cold, hard facts.

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

Oh dear god no...
    Although there are no doors, I'm beginning to think that the freddy head is a close alternative. But in what ways will it affect power? you can see in the top right corner there is a power meter.

I'm just thinking, "It took long enough for the guy to get a disguise." Jeez. I have heard some stuff about how the Freddy mask doesn't work on the 2.0 versions, so that's something to think about. Either way, game looks good, can't wait to see more jumpscares.

from what ive heard, it: stops the original animatronics from attacking you, but actually INCITES the 2.0 animatronics to attack you. That would be real freaky, seeing as we have (Currently) 8 animatronics to deal with.

from what ive heard, it: stops the original animatronics from attacking you, but actually INCITES the 2.0 animatronics to attack you. That would be real freaky, seeing as we have (Currently) 8 animatronics to deal with.
    That's interesting, So does this mean that the old animatronics were just trying to stuff you into a suit?
    Or why does the mask/costume incites the new animatronic. Were the kids put into the old ones or actually the new ones? (which I am guessing were well hidden?)
    Where did the new ones come from?!

I guess I'll be looking forward to reading some more lore in the future. (Well, I probably end up more disturbed. XD)

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    That's interesting, So does this mean that the old animatronics were just trying to stuff you into a suit?
    Or why does the mask/costume incites the new animatronic. Were the kids put into the old ones or actually the new ones? (which I am guessing were well hidden?)
    Where did the new ones come from?!

I guess I'll be looking forward to reading some more lore in the future. (Well, I probably end up more disturbed. XD)
    I think the reason why the new ones attack you with the mask on is because they have facial recognition features that are tied to the local criminal database. Maybe if they don't see a human face, they think you're a suit/endoskeleton? And that's another thing, maybe the NEW animatronics are possessed now, and the old ones are simply malfunctioning, since if they were possessed they would still want to kill you (maybe even more so, since their killer had a suit).

Quote Originally Posted by deku_link View Post
    (maybe even more so, since their killer had a suit).
    Ooooo, nice observation!
    I was wondering why the mask would incite them.

I think the reason why the new ones attack you with the mask on is because they have facial recognition features that are tied to the local criminal database. Maybe if they don't see a human face, they think you're a suit/endoskeleton? And that's another thing, maybe the NEW animatronics are possessed now, and the old ones are simply malfunctioning, since if they were possessed they would still want to kill you (maybe even more so, since their killer had a suit).
    one of those last statements should be turned around. the old animatronics are still after you just for revenge, while the NEW ones are already malfunctioning. Also, seeing a full picture of Foxy 2.0 is terrifying.

... There's a hidden backstory inside the game revealed by newspaper clippings that states that some kids were murdered and shoved into the suits, so they're basically possessed.
    On that topic:
    If you guys haven't seen it, there's a video from Game Theory about Five Nights at Freddy's that points out some interesting (and creepy) parallels between the game and events that occurred in real life.
    I'm not saying it's all true, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I can't link to it because of my computer's filter, but it should be pretty easy to find on YouTube.
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo(Auz) View Post
    On that topic:
    If you guys haven't seen it, there's a video from Game Theory about Five Nights at Freddy's that points out some interesting (and creepy) parallels between the game and events that occurred in real life.
    I'm not saying it's all true, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I can't link to it because of my computer's filter, but it should be pretty easy to find on YouTube.

I like how he doesn't get as cocky as he normally does in this video, but I'm still convinced that the last part (that you are the killer) is BS.

Yeah, I have trouble buying it too.
    Sure, it does explain why the posters change and why you return every night, but I have trouble believing that it's really what the game was supposed to be about.
    Especially if the developer was in fact inspired by the Chuck E. Cheese shootings, I mean, having heard about such a tragedy and then making a game where you star as the murderer is pretty messed up.
    ...But it still could happen, I suppose. :/
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

The Villager of Death

one of those last statements should be turned around. the old animatronics are still after you just for revenge, while the NEW ones are already malfunctioning. Also, seeing a full picture of Foxy 2.0 is terrifying.
    I said maybe the spirits of the children abandoned the old animatronics and moved on to the older, better ones.

WIIIIIIIIIITCHCRAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFT Kage's Avatar

I just watched the trailer, and it looks pretty great. Although, Foxy jumping, no, FLYING at you from out of nowhere looks like enough to scare me. And faceless Bonnie. They took the thing that terrified me... and then they made it worse.

Also, it did certainly take the security guard long enough to disguise himself. Although if it makes the new animatronics attack you, then we may be in some trouble...
    Last edited by Kage; October 30th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.
    *smiles evilly as only I can*

I am exited to know why exactly Old bonnie . Maybe he really is just malfunctioning? this is looking pretty good.

Thread Information