Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Nights at Freddy's

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Well, probably not gonna buy this one, even though it's easily accessible on steam. 2 reasons:
    1. Too scary. If you have ever read TV tropes, you will know that this game employs the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...thingIsScarier tactic, and it just always gets me scared about it. It's like when waiting for a big roller coaster ride is scarier than the ride itself. I don't like it.
    2. The game makes me feel a little sick inside. I really hate how this thing takes Chuck E. Cheese, and makes it deadly. Don't get me wrong, the concept is creative enough, but I feel like you could make a horror game monster out of anything these days, like, say, a bed. Imagine that bed eating you when you sleep on it, it's possessed, and it's covered with blood. It also makes loud screeching noises. There, I just did it. Long story short, I do not want to play this game, because it freaks me out too much.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Yeah, I understand that... I like eerie/creepy atmospheres but a game that's made to be scary... I just can't do it. XD
    Now I don't think it's really easy to make a bed scary, but another common household item such as the mirror on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipede View Post
    Well, some new news from the developers: An android version has been released! It's pretty much the same thing, just with touchscreen controls and a brand new shop. the shop has four items: plushies that you can put on your in-game desk, and a cheat mode. The cheat mode currently gives you unlimited power, and a radar map, yet how to use the radar map is unknown.
    Wow, yeah I can see this working great on an android,
    although it appears this game is easily modifiable on the PC. (I think...)
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Wait, how could someone do that? I thought that part was in 2-d. If only there was a way to add mods, eh? This makes me think if the characters were replaced with Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy, with Wolf as Freddy. Heh.

Ah yeah I think you're right, I can't seem to find any mods now that I tried looking for them. XD
    It's odd that I heard someone mention mods, I guess I'll have to look again later.

You know, it could actually be 3-d. I just saw a map on garry's mod that's pretty much what it looks like through the cameras in the game, so i'm not sure if that means anything. Jeez, it just looks so 3-d, but I can't tell which dimension it's in. It confuses me.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

'twas build with a 2D engine but with 3D models or somethin' like that. The animatronics themselves are definitely 3D, and I reckon some other bits are too.

Anyway, I gifted this game to a roommate of mine because damn if this ain't one heckuva clever horror game that I'd love ta support and see more of. If you play well it'll have zero jumpscares but the pure atmosphere and creepiness o' the place will still manage to get to you, plus the designs of the animatronics are amazingly spooky. Those 2 factors is what makes a good horror game I'd say; atmosphere and enemy design.
    'course I can't play it meself because I'm too weak for it as well, only saw some vids and it kept me awake for 2 nights it did, stupid brain decides to replay the jumpscares in the middle of me dreams, it's so annoying because I do love this game.

"You, Mario, will be a sign." Scolipede's Avatar

I thought all of the games graphics and animation were made in a 3D studio, then turned to flat images or "Hi-def animated sprites".

I dunno, man, I never know how they make the content in these games so real. Virtual reality horrors are getting more and more weird with each release. Soon enough, they're gonna figure out how to make people real on the screen- oh, wait, L.A. Noire. But that was just face movement, imagine what they could do with body movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    You know, it could actually be 3-d. I just saw a map on garry's mod that's pretty much what it looks like through the cameras in the game, so i'm not sure if that means anything. Jeez, it just looks so 3-d, but I can't tell which dimension it's in. It confuses me.
    Yeah it appears the Starfox gif was made using the Gary's mod map rather than the game itself,
    as Fox's and Foxy's movements are quite different. (and modding movements would be a pain. XD)

Yeah, I believe Scolipede is right with how the game was made. (it certainly fits the style too.)
    I guess the game could still be moddable if one was to recreate and record all the scenes using Gary's mod. (or a 3D studio of course.)

I dunno, man, I never know how they make the content in these games so real. Virtual reality horrors are getting more and more weird with each release. Soon enough, they're gonna figure out how to make people real on the screen- oh, wait, L.A. Noire. But that was just face movement, imagine what they could do with body movement?
    Yeah, though I do like how they are going to use facial movement for a Pokemon detective game. (if it's still being made.)

The Villager of Death

Darn! You beat me at making this thread!
    Ah well, the game's almost too spooky scary for me anyway.

Also:

"What does the fox say?" *animatronic screech*
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    All I know about the game is that cr1tikal's let's play of it was absolutely fantastic.

link for the curious, language and some pretty coarse stuff within

a little underwhelming how it's all jump scares, but the setting and gameplay seem unique enough for it to be forgiven.
    MARKIPLIERSWASBETTER

I mean, yeah everyone has their own opinions about these things...
    Last edited by The Villager of Death; September 7th, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Oh no.

OH NO.

OH NOOOO!

You know, I can't believe it's only been a few months and they have another planned already.

Oh golly, they are highlighting the second row of teeth!

Man, I don't know why, but I got really interested in this game when I first found out about it. People were freaking out about how there were was another night and I started reading up on the game. For a while, I was addicted in reading about the patterns and the easter eggs and all that. I don't know if it's something I'd enjoy playing myself, mostly because I don't like how these guys teleport between rooms. I'm too paranoid for this, lol. One thing I love in particular is how Freddy himself works when you run out of power. The stare downs that happen when people run out of power and wait for 6AM to come are so intense! I'm interested in what the creator can do with a sequel.

There's a lot of potential for mods, but I don't know if the game allows for any such thing. I love this picture edit: http://puu.sh/foPmz/2169ba2f0e.jpg Maybe this would make me want the game. My Left 4 Dead 2 experience is enriched by changing the tank to DK, after all.
    Last edited by dorko4u; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:04 PM.
    "Rayman 2 is one of the greatest platformers of all time. 5.5/10" -IGN

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by dorko4u View Post
    Man, I don't know why, but I got really interested in this game when I first found out about it. People were freaking out about how there were was another night and I started reading up on the game. For a while, I was addicted in reading about the patterns and the easter eggs and all that. I don't know if it's something I'd enjoy playing myself, mostly because I don't like how these guys teleport between rooms. I'm too paranoid for this, lol. One thing I love in particular is how Freddy himself works when you run out of power. The stare downs that happen when people run out of power and wait for 6AM to come are so intense! I'm interested in what the creator can do with a sequel.

There's a lot of potential for mods, but I don't know if the game allows for any such thing. I love this picture edit: http://puu.sh/bDf6j/8030a30239.jpg Maybe this would make me want the game. My Left 4 Dead 2 experience is enriched by changing the tank to DK, after all.
    I made my tf2 spray expand dong.
    The dong is pleasing me in that photo... Maybe they should make five nights at Donkey Dong's

...Well, this is awkward. Well, going off this inappropriate topic, has anybody picked up the mobile version for this game yet? I want to know how FNaF plays on it.

I have it. it is pretty much the same, and honestly, the only difference is the title screen and the shop. (the title screen is a little crappier)
    when i saw the thing for FNAF 2, this is how i went:

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

I think this is a pretty clever game and I like it a fair bit. I haven't played or purchased it, I dunno if I'll ever need to play it with how much of it I've seen but I do think it's a pretty smartly designed game with a fun gimmick. Definitely interested to see what they do with the sequel.

you could make a horror game monster out of anything these days, like, say, a bed. Imagine that bed eating you when you sleep on it, it's possessed, and it's covered with blood. It also makes loud screeching noises. There, I just did it. Long story short, I do not want to play this game, because it freaks me out too much.
    I have to admit that my primary reason for posting here is documenting the fact that this exists.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

That... that's beautiful. I applaud. I flipping applaud.

Funny how one Markiplier can make it through the game fairly competently, but three Game Grumps are completely hopeless.

(This is odd coming from arguably the biggest GG fan on here)

Numerous youtubers have quit because of foxy

WIIIIIIIIIITCHCRAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFT Kage's Avatar

I want to play this, but I'm fairly broke when it comes to spending money. Which may be just as well, because just the synopsis gave me nightmares for... get this: five straight nights.
    ...plusbonnieterrifiesme...
    *smiles evilly as only I can*

The only reason bonnie scares me is because of his eyes. Sometimes, his eyes are black, with white pupils, or with no pupils. the fact that he has no eyebrows freaks me out the most. he always has a blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Weejus View Post
    Funny how one Markiplier can make it through the game fairly competently, but three Game Grumps are completely hopeless.

(This is odd coming from arguably the biggest GG fan on here)
    To be fair, 3 people that aren't actually playing the game, that keep distracting each other, ignores the tutorial phone calls, and is being led by egoraptor.

You know, from that picture Scolipede posted, new Bonnie looks a little bit cutesy compared to his original look. I wonder how they would make him scary. But as for old Bonnie, what the heck happened to his face?! Even though he's a machine of death and destruction, you can't help but feel sorry for him.

Thread Information