Thread: The Cross Zone

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

The Cross Zone

It was midday. If you looked at a watch or a clocktower or one of them fancy new smartphones that were hooked up to a satellite circling the earth, any one of them could have told you that it was somewhere around 1:25 in the afternoon, like I said, midday. But it certainly didn’t feel like midday, armies of gray clouds covered the sky, blocking out the sun and drenching the land below it with a torrent of rain. And to top it off, this onslaught of water didn’t even have the decency to bring in accompanying winds to truly make the situation feel like a proper disaster.
    And there, in the middle of it all was a woman who could very easily be described as incredibly foolish. For one, in accompaniment to what was an otherwise sensible ensemble of a beige trench coat, wide brimmed hat, and some pretty thick boots, was a pair of aviators, no doubt obstructing her vision in the already difficult to see through torrent. And for two, she was kneeling down in a public park, entirely alone as most other people had the good sense to stay inside for such a downpour, and appeared to be carving a very intricate symbol into the ground, which in itself was difficult enough as, if I was not very clear on the matter,
    it was raining very hard.

After having spent a good 20 minutes on the symbol, she got to her feet and held up a gloved hand, the symbol began to give off a faint glow and with a tiny upward twitch of her hand, an almost beckoning motion, a large chunk of the land in front of her rose floating into the air, revealing a cavern underneath that even from a distance, was obviously produced by human hands.
    The woman pumped her fist in excitement and, in another action that could easily be considered foolish, jumped straight into the cavern, almost 20 feet above the floor below. After ten feet of falling, however, she pushed both hands to her side and plumes of flame shot out of both, slowing her descent just before she touched the bottom. She finally removed her aviators as the large chunk of land fell back into place plunging the cavern into complete and total darkness. Though any bystander wouldn’t have been able to see the action, she additionally removed one of her gloves and with a flex, her hand flooded with light, each finger tip showering the cavern with it. Three things became immediately obvious.

1) The cavern had not been used in a long time, each step she took left a powerful dent in the great accumulation of dust the floor had.
    2) The cavern seemed to only have one purpose, there were no extra rooms, no features, and no structures except for a pedestal on one end.
    3) There was a pedestal on one end that held in it a giant blue wedge shaped rock with lines stretching and intertwining across it in a complex pattern, and the whole thing was taller than the woman was.

Whatever this rock was, it excited the woman to no end, she approached the thing with the biggest of smiles, muttering something about a sister. It appeared that she was in such an enraptured state that she ignored the smart thing to do in such a situation and straight up placed her ungloved hand on the stone.

Instantly the stone sprung to life, its patterned lines pulsed blue and the stone itself began levitating a full foot into the air. Instantly the woman’s excited expression turned to one of horror. She began to take steps away from the stone, but a shockwave emanating from the stone sped up the process, sending her flying back into the opposite wall. In a hurry, she reached a hand into her jacket and pulled out a manilla folder, only slightly damaged by water, and opened it up, pulling several official looking documents of the only other recorded incident of such an event. The documents mentioned that the stone’s power seemed to concentrate best around water. She asked herself whether there were any such spots in her near vicinity.

The answer very quickly dawned on her.

Oh no…

Spoiler: “QUICK QUESTIONS, GO!” 

Spoiler: “Sign-up sheet.” 
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Re: The Cross Zone

i'd suggest adding an appearance/picture field to the app, as well as a basic description of backstory and/or personality, just to make things easier
    otherwise, go for it! will be interesting to see how this pans out

Approvals: 1/2

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Even though I know the plot of this RP will be based quite a bit on individual's characters and those character's games, I feel like the plot itself is still a little too vague. Players are going into separate worlds, one at a time to fight enemies then a boss, ultimately leading to the Big Boss? To what ends? It just seems like an underdeveloped idea to me. And your intro supposedly takes place 80 years after the events of this RP, which means, unless there is some weird space-time continuum warping somewhere along the line and is thoroughly explained along the way, the plot has no continuity as compared to your intro.

I think you may need to flesh out some ideas as far as a plot goes. It seems good so far, but there is no means (or ends really) to what and how characters will be doing throughout this RP.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

I mean, the plot posted up there is vague mainly because I want to keep the storyline that I have planned surprising.

I do have more planned beyond this chapter formula, I have planned what exactly the, as of yet undefined, OC villains are planning, as well as some non-OC villains and their motivation set in stone.
    Factors of the plot that change with people's submitted characters are mostly just limited to how the villains will try and manipulate them and how specifically the villains will try and ultimately achieve their end goal.

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

I guess that all makes sense. I'll also give you the benefit of the doubt because I wasn't a part of Dimension Clash and don't know too much about Project X Zone (Though i skimmed through both just now). As long as you are confident as to where you're going and can improvise off of players, you should be able to have good success.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Approval for you, I like it. Dimension Clash was always a godo idea on paper that became way too complicated to support itself, so it's good that you're taking steps to counteract that.

Approvas: 2/2

Okay.
    I've got all the story details worked out and the two approvals.
    I've also got enough room for at most two more people if anyone else wants to jump in.
    I'll leave sign-ups open till Sunday (or until I get two more people), and I'll create the thread sometime Monday morning (or earlier depending on if people sign up).

Okay,
    I'm gonna go ahead and close applications for this.
    The thread will be up sometime tomorrow morning.
    Possibly at a time that just borderlines the concept of morning.
    Bit still morning nonetheless.

It's tomorrow morning.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

I posted the thread.
    It's right here.
    It just appears that the Lords haven't had the chance to approve the thing.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Thread approved. Have fun, guys!

Thread Information