Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing 3DS

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

Re: Animal Crossing 3DS

I think it's important not to accept gifts or really go online much at all until you "beat" the game. xD Too many temptations from the rich-kids.

I like the idea of upgrades over time too! Something that would encourage (But not force) you to play the game over again and to show up every day. Of course, I certainly don't want it to become intregal... I don't want to feel like that unless I show up every day for a month in a row (Dangit Mortimer, I don't WAAAANT to do aerobics! ((Time travelled the hell out of that one)) (((Lighthouse too)))) I'll lose all my progress. It should be just as casual as Tom Nook's upgrades are.
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

Animal Crossing 3DS is confirmed for an NA release! Excite!

More importantly, I've come armed with a bevy of info as the game nears it's release date! Come on, I can't be the only waiting with bated breath for another portable AC!

(Thanks to Animal Crossing Community for the translations.)
    - Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
    - Return of Don Resetti.
    - Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
    - Can drink coffee outside.
    - Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
    - New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
    - New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
    - New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
    - New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
    - New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
    - New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
    - Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
    - Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
    - New flowers.
    - Return of cherry blossoms.
    - Can eat ice-cream cones.
    - Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
    - Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
    - Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
    - Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
    New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
    New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
    Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
    Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.
    Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
    Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
    Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
    Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
    Start the game off in a tent.
    Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Interesting thing to note: You actually have to pay a tidy sum of Bells just to enable Resetti. That's right, he comes disabled by default. Interesting, but... he's a lovable part of AC history! He got an assist trophy, and his name is synonymous with the franchise alone! And... no more rants for Time Travelling, huh? I think it's a strange choice to have him disablable in the first place, but the fact that you actually have to pay for the "privledge" to turn him on is pretty strange...

Also: Buying cups for your house. Trivial... or a poor translation? I have no idea why anyone would stock their cupboards with cups for a game where you live among rabbits and frogs and live on nothing but peaches, uncooked fish, and coffee.

--

And here are the highlights from the Nintendo Direct presentation in Japan last Friday.

The new megaphone item allows you to shout at fellow residents using the 3DS microphone when it's equipped, as well as a phone booth where you can take photos of your character to use on your player license in a variety of poses.

Kicks shoe shop is called "Shoe Shank."

The Museum will have a sushi bar operating out of the Aquarium. Hmm...

A brand new building, Club 444, has been introduced, where resident DJ K.K. Slider (*swoon*) will put on live gigs. Slider will perform remixed NES tunes for you to get down to here, alongside his acoustic songs of old. There's also a cool light show.

A new mini map, which will hopefully prevent you getting lost in the midst of the multiple shopping districts

You can buy garden furniture to make the outside of your abode just as appealing as the interior.

You now have the ability to build and customize your own roads, and you also have more choice when adding rooms to your house.

The ability to watch stand-up comedy shows, where you'll be able to input your reaction to the various jokes.

A campsite where you can visit with passing animals.

New details about the game's StreetPass mode were also revealed. We already knew that you'll be able to check out your friend's houses via StreetPass, but it looks like you'll also be able to explore their entire town via something called Dream Mode

The game will also have its own Tropical Island, where you can play mini games with up to four friends.

DJ K.K. Slider... *faints*
    Discuss!
    Last edited by 765Bro; October 7th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    LOVE YA'LL

Is it just me, or is this kind of sounding like sim city? Building the whole place exactly the way you want and everything. Also Resetti being off by default, does that mean I can reset all I want! Yes! UNLIMITED POWER! Also hanging at the club everyday!

Ark

The number of buildings available makes me wonder how big our town will be. I mean, even with all of these new shops, I still want plenty of room to run around in.

I know that I'll be enabling Resetti about as soon as possible because it's not the same without him. I've never found him to be all that bad, honestly. Anyway, I hope that these changes help make towns feel more unique and give us more things to do when playing.

Also, ultrakirby, Sim City is incredibly different. Just because we're getting options doesn't mean we have near-complete control of everything that can go on in our town. There's also still a focus on hanging out with neighbors, catching fish, and all that good stuff whereas Sim City is pretty much you being the god of the city.
    Last edited by Ark; October 8th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

I think it's a step in the right direction, for sure. The game was just crying for some innovation besides more shops! (Horribly, horribly overpriced shops... *shudder*)
    LOVE YA'LL

Ark

The thing with Animal Crossing is that you don't really have a goal other than the one you choose to make for yourself. There's no story; you're just dropped in town and you have to decide what to do from there whether it's catching every fish known to man (and animal), paying off your house, decorating your home, or whatever, and that's totally cool until it feels like you've run out of stuff to do. We've had the same game three times over with very small differences in each that didn't really give us much more to do, and when they did try to give us something new to do in the form of the city, it was really lackluster and didn't amount to much in terms of new things.

I know that a big theme of Animal Crossing is that it's really relaxed, and I think that's part of it's charm, but I hope this new game actually gives us some new stuff to do. Building our town is a nice step in the right direction.

Definitely looking forward to this game. One of the main aspects on owning any Animal Crossing game was the sole fact that no two towns will be alike. With the 3DS title in the works, this will definitely define it even more; town customization, shops, types of buildings, and a bunch more. Can't wait to get this game to get back into the series, it looks so relaxing.

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

This game keeps looking more and more amazing (and is about the sixth game that makes me wish I had a 3DS...sigh...) and they've really changed it this time, in a good way. I'm really interested in these new personality types. The original six were fine, but having more would definitely make the villagers more interesting! And I'm really liking the outside furniture, because I always wished that I could do more to make the outside of my house look nice.

Also, you have to pay for Resetti?! That's just weird...

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

My feelings about the franchise are mixed - ended up trading in both Wild World and City Folk after a while because I felt like I'd done the former to death and I had trouble sitting down to play the latter because what is non-portable gaming? - but with all the new stuff in this, I might have to re-evaluate my choice not to get it. Being able to build your town seems seriously cool.

Of course, I'd need confirmation of a PAL release first, haha.

Golly gosh, I've been looking foward to more Animal Crossing information for a long while now. There is so much new stuff in it, which my friend and I had the idea of doing first, by the way. Noone else is allowed to have ever thought of being mayor before me... So excited to enable Resetti, as long as you can disable him again later on.

But yes, let us know when a PAL release is announced... please.
    [CENTER]My Chandelure is following you... (O++O)

Pal confirmation has been out since june

At any rate, its really nice that theyre actually trying to be innovative after that trainwreck known as city folk (it wasnt bad, it was just....the same game as ww with different holidays/characters, all the daily/weekly events shoved into a small citys and animal tracks...oh god the animal tracks...I seriously hope they get rid of animal tracks. Im ok with them punishing you for not playing with weeds, yeah no problem. Did they really need to punish us with dead grass if we played at all?...

EDIT: 40 minutes or so of animal crossing footage and what not, translated below
    pt 1
    pt 2
    pt 3
    pt 4
    pt 5
    pt 6

still watching but im still impressed with all the new customization options.
    Last edited by Chipou; October 15th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

New trailer for animal crossing: New leaf.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

The first thing that struck me about the trailer was honestly the music, which I really liked. Hopefully the ingame stuff will sound this good. I still love the idea of being able to manage your town as a whole, and New Leaf is a pretty nice title.

Still a bit on the fence about this overall - I mean, Animal Crossing games aren't the most exciting titles in the world for me - but I'm still very much considering this.

Mhm, I like New Leaf as a title!

I want it so bad, I hope you'll get it as well Lenore! We can all exchange friend codes and help each other out, from day one on! That'd be lots of fun, watching each other's towns grow and what design choices we make...
    LOVE YA'LL

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

I want this game more and more the more I find out about it! I like New Leaf as a title. Also, I know this isn't really that important, but I like the idea of new fruits as well (I think there's bananas, lemons, mangoes, and durians?). It would be fun to wi-fi and try to collect all the different types of fruit to make big orchards and to sell.

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Yeah! They've certainly jam-packed this game full of new things. We've barely been spoiled yet and the leaks are riveting! Can't wait for more details.

Edit:
    Oh, and here's a catch-all wiki page for anyone at all curious in the new game!
    http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_Jump_Out
    Pictures, videos. Everything's there.
    Last edited by 765Bro; October 30th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
    LOVE YA'LL

So good news! Famitsu gave New Leaf a 39/40. Don't know what kept away the last point, but this is great!

Quote Originally Posted by ultrakirby64 View Post
    So good news! Famitsu gave New Leaf a 39/40. Don't know what kept away the last point, but this is great!
    Famitsu is known for giving away high scores. There's been something like 17 perfect 40's.

Bad news! Very bad! Rumour is AC:NL isn't due for it's NA release till sometime in May. I can't wait that long!
    LOVE YA'LL

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Famitsu is known for giving away high scores. There's been something like 17 perfect 40's.
    Put that into perspective - Famitsu's been running for over a decade, meaning that they review hundreds of games a year.

I wouldn't call that giving away high scores. Although we've been having more 40s than before recently, according to this, we've got only 19 perfect 40s and 34 scores of 39 - including New Leaf.

That's 19 perfect 40s during the entire lifetime of the magazine. Consider the perspective and scale we're speaking of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Bad news! Very bad! Rumour is AC:NL isn't due for it's NA release till sometime in May. I can't wait that long!
    Huh? All it says here is the first half of 2013. Where are you getting May?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    Put that into perspective - Famitsu's been running for over a decade, meaning that they review hundreds of games a year.

I wouldn't call that giving away high scores. Although we've been having more 40s than before recently, according to this, we've got only 19 perfect 40s and 34 scores of 39 - including New Leaf.

That's 19 perfect 40s during the entire lifetime of the magazine. Consider the perspective and scale we're speaking of here.

Huh? All it says here is the first half of 2013. Where are you getting May?
    By standard of most rankings, a 40/40 implies a perfect game. I find it hard to believe there are 19 games in which nothing at all could be changed.

Rumour. Supposedly, GameStop employee's have been giving that as the word for anticipating customers. Some people think it's a placeholder date, but I'm not sure. Skeptical, at the least!
    LOVE YA'LL

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

I should have also specified: we're talking reviews here. Not everyone's opinion is going to be the same, so if you're trusting your purchases to someone else's opinion, you should make sure you agree with the person's viewpoint or you're just setting yourself up for disappointment here. Even then I'd still say use your own discretion even in regards to reviews, rather than follow someone else's word about it.

Obviously if you don't agree with Famitsu's views, then there's an issue there, but you really shouldn't let that bother you. People still see Famitsu as a reputable source, so this should be seen as a good thing(for press and for future purchases) especially given how few games have gotten scores of 39 or higher.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Ark

While I don't think Bro's reasoning is all that good (something that shouldn't be looked at considering that's nineteen in the history of the magazine's lifetime and we have a popular site like ign which has given 27 perfect scores), most Famitsu scores in general are pretty inflated. This is more or less a problem with the industry as a whole though since inflated reviews are nothing new, but considering how a game that would score around the mid-30s (equivalent to around the high eighties low nineties) from Famitsu starts with a very positive image right off the bat (obviously most notable in Japan since that's where Famitsu's biggest following is) I think it's worth bringing up. Famitsu has more often than not given scores that I think are much higher than games deserve, even if I myself enjoy the game quite a bit.

Famitsu's score alone doesn't do anything to make me feel better about the game, especially since I doubt that I'd ever score an Animal Crossing game this high no matter how much I enjoy the series, and it would take reviews from more sites to give me a better outlook of what people think of the game.
    Last edited by Ark; November 4th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

No no no, I'm not refuting Famitsu's legitmacy, but that a much more stern reviewer awarding such a score has a lot more impact to me. Despite it's large history, awarding so many perfect scores doesn't mean so many games are perect. I can't think of a single perfect game, personally. So a 39 must be a bit further from perfect, too.

I just don't think the hype is quite as powerful as it could've been coming from another magnazine.
    LOVE YA'LL

Hey look it's Pac-man! Your day is now ruined. Cerd's Avatar

"Animal Crossing: New Leaf" was released on Japan and it was a huge hit hit. The game didn't only sold out, but it sold 96% of the stock, what represents a very high rates. Even the vouchers to buy the game through eShop ran out. The situation was so unexpected that the CEO of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, had to post on twitter when the next shipments would arrive.

The game sold 600 thousands copies on physical form and 200 thousands copies through download, becoming the 3DS title with most sales on the lauch. This had an impact on the sales of the Nintendo 3DS: the XL version had 135 thousands copies and the original, 52 thousands. Together it represents 46 times more than the sales of the Vita, with only 4 thousands sales.

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

I've been dodging spoilers like crazy, but this was one I couldn't resist:

What are your guys thoughts on the new hourly soundtrack?

Personally, I absolutely hate it. Very few redeeming or worthwhile songs at all. :I So twinkly, dry, and sparse.
    9 PM has some funky music though; making me look forward to the new K.K. tracks and Club 444 remixes.

For those interested in some spoilers or want more information for their purchase, this thread has it all. Or at least, everything we know so far as details slip out of Japan.
    Last edited by 765Bro; November 25th, 2012 at 01:49 AM.
    LOVE YA'LL

Thread Information