Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Animal Crossing 3DS

Re: Animal Crossing 3DS

I have to say... when you put up your villagers up for "adoption," so to speak, it's always hard for me, especially when you have to part ways with popular characters. Since I had stopped playing the game for a few days due to finals, one of my favorite villagers, Rudy, was moving unexpectedly. So what I did was put him up for "adoption" on ACNL Adopt and awaited for anyone who was willing to let Rudy move into their town.

Almost immediately after the post was put up, I got responses. In fact, in 3 minutes, I got 11 people asking for Rudy. It's always hard to tell 10 of those people - some who say that Rudy has been a villager they've always wanted - that they were just literally seconds away from being the 1 who got Rudy.

Needless to say, it's both a weird and kind of sad way to let go of your villagers, but hell, it's better than having them go out into the void of nothingness.

So yeah. Rudy is my 5th villager to go. Normally I don't like letting my villagers move - usually they only move on accident or on purpose. Either way, kinda sucks. But oh well, here's to hoping that the next villager doesn't suck.

made of love Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

HEY FRIENDS

I KNOW THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DEAD FOREVER BUT I'M CLOCKING UP THE HOURS IN ANIMAL CROSSING AND I NEED TO STOP

BUT I FINALLY ACHIEVED THE THING I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR A WHILE (on and off, anyway, it's been a process)

I'm sure if you've ever been interested in blue roses you've probably already figured out how you're supposed to grow them, but it's nice to have confirmation, right?
    so you're supposed to take an orange and purple rose, and cross those to get a "special" hybrid red
    then you take those hybrid reds and cross them until you get blue
    but you never use any red roses that spawn from the hybrid reds, because those aren't "special"

I had 9 special reds on my beach, but then I got irritated with the beach only spawning things every other day, so I moved them to grass and was working on them
    but I had an extra pair of hybrid reds, so I left them on the beach and kept watering them anyway
    sure enough, here's the blue rose. it's a lot faster to get a blue rose if you are breeding several hybrid reds. I planted them in the pattern like the picture shows, I dunno if it's the best way but it's easy to keep track of and hey, it worked

I got hyped I'm sorry
    now I have all hybrids in my town and I am happy

two other pictures

rainy bus stop

flowers &&&&ing everywhere. my whole town looks like this &&&&.

another minor thing I've unlocked recently is boy hairstyles
    I think it looks hella rad. it's fun to be able to make a persona like this when I know I couldn't do it irl because I like my long hair etc
    those aviators tho (they're from gracie, way better than those pilot shades from able sisters even though those are rad too)

make me stop before I clock 500 hours pls

Wheelie Rider

I post a lot regarding my New Leaf experience on Miiverse (NNID: Ngamer01). Right now in my town of Kali, I'm not doing much with the town (though I'm waiting on my resident cranky villager to suggest a project I'm looking for), so I'm expanding my house and paying house loans.

My last house upgrade was my brand new kitchen:

Come dream about my town sometime. Town of Kali Dream Code: 4100-3434-1050

Just excuse the bad grass decay and trees everywhere. >.>;;

Was I supposed to put my user title here? Scraggy's Avatar

Well I'm going to cry now. My save file has apparently been corrupted, and it doesn't look like I can recover it. I've spent over 200 hours in it, and had all my favorite villagers ;-; I haven't played it in forever, so I have no clue if I did anything wrong to cause this. I know it's probably impossible, but is there any way to recover my file?
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

I guess having a Tumblr is a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggy View Post
    Well I'm going to cry now. My save file has apparently been corrupted, and it doesn't look like I can recover it. I've spent over 200 hours in it, and had all my favorite villagers ;-; I haven't played it in forever, so I have no clue if I did anything wrong to cause this. I know it's probably impossible, but is there any way to recover my file?
    The 3DS System Software has a save-data backup feature, but it's reliant on you actually making a backup. If you poke around in the system settings, you should find any backups you have. Either that or the little left arrow in the lower left when you select the game.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Was I supposed to put my user title here? Scraggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    The 3DS System Software has a save-data backup feature, but it's reliant on you actually making a backup. If you poke around in the system settings, you should find any backups you have. Either that or the little left arrow in the lower left when you select the game.
    Unfortunately, I didn't think of that earlier, so I can't really do that. I guess all I can do is restart the game, because I heard if you restore a backup that isn't the same as your last one, it won't accept it.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

I guess having a Tumblr is a thing now.

Not sure if this is still actively played, but the Stalk Market today sells at over 500 bells today in my town. If anyone wants to make a quick fortune and doesn't mind a fairly garbage town let's trade codes before noon.

Wheelie Rider

I really haven't bothered with the Stalk Market. Some weeks I just can't get up/start early enough on a Sunday to buy turnips and also sometimes I may not have the money for it. Also my selling timing needs a lot of work. It's kinda sad you sell at what you think is a good price, but then later you learn you should have waited a bit longer for an even better sell price. -_-;;

Unless you're looking for Stalk Market badges, you're better off amassing bells at the Island via rare beetle and shark/huge fish hunting at evenings (5 PM to Re-tail's closing). If you got the patience to grind, you should be able to amass 100+K per town to Island to Re-tail trip.
    Last edited by Ngamer01; June 27th, 2014 at 02:42 PM.

Hey guys, I'm back! I took way too long of a break from the forum.

I've played the stalk market a little but never had much luck with it. I'd swear there was one time when not a single price during the week was higher than I payed for them. I don't know how some people are getting 300 bell plus prices. It isn't convenient for me anyway because of my work schedule. Prices change twice daily, once in the morning and again in the afternoon. I can't make it to the shop most mornings.

I just recently let go of Frank the cranky eagle, so I'm in the market for a replacement. If anyone has a cranky neighbor moving anytime soon I'd love to know about it.

I have plenty of hybrids now, so I'm willing to give away some of the rarer ones if anyone's interested. That includes blue roses, purple pansies, and white carnations. It will probably have to wait until after I fill my empty slot though, because I don't want to pick up any unexpected neighbors.

Ngamer1, I'm really digging that kitchen. I post a lot on Miiverse too; my NNID is MelonKid. Maybe we'll run into each other.

In Animal Crossing New Leaf: I'm Clara, the Mayor of Poptown. My dream address is 4300 - 2726 - 0808. Feel free to come and visit!

So Pippy moved out a few days ago. That leaves me with only Del as my last original villager (as in, an animal that has been with the town since the start), so with that in mind, I decided it's time to start letting go of some... unwanted, animals. Basically, I'll start cycling of animals soon, where I'll just let go any animals I don't like that much or am tired of. Right now, I'm prioritizing on Boone. If anything, peppies and jocks have been my least favorite personalities to deal with, and they don't have that many great PWPs...

However, on the day of Pippy's move, I happened to gain a new camper. And to my surprise, it wasn't some random, ugly animal this time - it was Whitney! Whitney is apparently a very popular animal among the AC community, alongside being one of my best friends in Wild World. So naturally, I immediately asked her to move in, despite already having another snooty. I've started to care less about where animals move in, too - often times, the damage isn't brutal. Whitney moved into the corner of my park, destroying a few bushes. But that's not much of an issue, personally.

Also? My neighbor Charlise, the green uchi bear, is wearing a bear shirt, which is basically a green tee that has a bear head on it. Ironically enough, I'm fairly certain Charlise has a crush for another bear resident in my town, Nate (and vice versa). It's the most adorable thing ever.

The Stalk Market's fun though. As long as you don't play like a chump and throw your savings into one market there's really little other risk than a few anxious days of waiting. It's certainly a more exciting way to earn some scratch on the side than selling fossils above retail price to your easily impressionable villagers.

Aww, I love Charlise. She's one of my neighbors and usually the first one I see based on how I go about watering flowers in my town.

I've been dying to get Savannah but alas I just can't seem to get her to move in. And I'm finally almost done with my Zelda room. I just have to get the treasure chest from the island. Too bad they're all randomized. I just have to keep checking it every day.

The treasure chest is pretty rare from what I understand. I thought it was a Club Tortimer exclusive at first, but then it showed up on my private island within the last couple of weeks.

Snifit, would you like one? I was so excited to see it turn up again that I bought a couple of extras. I can't really give it up for free, because it's so rare, but I'd definitely consider any offers. If you happen to have a cranky villager moving soon, depending on who it is, I might be willing to trade for that.

Sigh, I haven't had any campers in town for the last couple of weeks, and none of the recent ones have been the right type. I get antsy when I have an open slot for too long, for fear of picking up an unwanted villager. Just have to avoid wireless play for awhile.

I'm definitely looking into that adoption thing that JSG mentioned.
    Last edited by MelonKirby; July 9th, 2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: thought of something else to add

In Animal Crossing New Leaf: I'm Clara, the Mayor of Poptown. My dream address is 4300 - 2726 - 0808. Feel free to come and visit!

Nobody is moving out anytime soon, sadly. I was upset because I had two open spots and the campsite. I've been trying to get a specific villager, Savannah the zebra, into my town for ages but now my slots are both filled. And I keep checking the island everyday for that darned chest. Guess its jsut a waiting game at this point.

Assist Trophy

I've been trying to get a blue gym tee and a hammock, but alas, the Able Sisters and Nooklings hate me.

With my debts repaid, I'm hoarding all of my bells so I can get the Post Office items.

I got my open villager slot filled, finally. I was able to adopt Hamphrey, the cranky hamster, from another forum. First hamster, and I must say, they are too darn cute. And tiny.

Bug off went fairly well. I messed up the order in which I gave Nat my Agrias butterflies, but I was able to get two more pieces of the bug set: the cicada stereo and the butterfly wall. I believe that leaves me with only two more that I need.

Monferno, I know for certain I have the hammock in my catalog, not sure about the blue gym tee, but I can probably get that too. If you want I could get them for you? I don't need anything in return.

Assist Trophy

Thanks Melon Kirby, but I insist on giving you something in return. I have a gold rose, if you want it and I just dug up some fossils this morning.

Never mind, the Nooklings had one in stock today.
    Last edited by Silver Monferno; September 9th, 2014 at 02:43 PM.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

And there was a bump in the night as SSBBrawler tumbled his way into the town, and mayordom.

Yes, I got New Leaf from the Club Nintendo rewards, so I'm a little late to this party. Anyway, I've been playing for the majority of the day, just fishing mostly, since that's a quick and easy way to make money. Is there anyone who still plays this, and if so, want to do multiplayer tonight sometime?

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    And there was a bump in the night as SSBBrawler tumbled his way into the town, and mayordom.

Yes, I got New Leaf from the Club Nintendo rewards, so I'm a little late to this party. Anyway, I've been playing for the majority of the day, just fishing mostly, since that's a quick and easy way to make money. Is there anyone who still plays this, and if so, want to do multiplayer tonight sometime?
    I haven't played much recently, but I would be down to do some multi player. I still haven't even done multi player yet even though I've had the game for a year now.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

*grumbles*
    After some attempts to connect with luigiguy, I have discovered that I cannot connect with other people in New Leaf. Oh, well. I can still play the game, at least.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

I actually started playing New Leaf recently again, just in time for the egg hunt to collect the Egg Set. Only missing two items right now and then it's complete. I might actually go for a second set, too, to sell one for a bit of easy money.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    *grumbles*
    After some attempts to connect with luigiguy, I have discovered that I cannot connect with other people in New Leaf. Oh, well. I can still play the game, at least.
    That's odd, I did notice these trouble-shooting links on the Nintendo site, they might help.
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...S&locale=en_US
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo..../a_id/660/p/48
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    That's odd, I did notice these trouble-shooting links on the Nintendo site, they might help.
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...S&locale=en_US
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo..../a_id/660/p/48
    Neither of these solutions work. My school has a "middle-man" network that is between the ISP and the routers in our apartments. This network is what blocks game connections.
    Anyway, to avoid dragging this thread off-topic, VM me if you want to talk about it more.

Regarding New Leaf, I've started collecting some beetles just to fund a bridge that I strongly desire. The river I have cuts right through town and the starting bridge was on the far right, so I would have to walk all the center of the map, where town hall is, all the way to the right, and than back to the left, where Re-Tail is. It's time-consuming and frustrating, so I'm eliminating the issue. But yeah, on the one hand, I don't want to rely on beetle catching as my main source of income, but considering how expensive later house expansions get, as well as the majority of the public works projects, it's very tempting.

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

Yo so I don't know if anyone still reads this stuff but if anyone still has Animal Crossing New Leaf and has any of the Flower Set, would they be willing to give/trade it to me? I'm trying to collect the set for my girlfriend cause she's having a hard time accumulating enough weeds.
    Any help would be appreciated, yo.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Aww, I don't have any of that set surprisingly.
    Thanks to the Beautiful Town Ordinance, my town is currently covered with flowers... I can hardly see the ground.

I would say time traveling might be an effective way to get a lot of weeds, but then there is the risk of losing villagers.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Thread Information