Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing 3DS

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar

Animal Crossing 3DS

Well, since Kirby's Epic Yarn was beaten to the punch, I'll make a topic about Animal Crossing 3DS!

Along with all the other amazingfulness games Nintendo announced today, they revealed some screenshots of the upcoming Animal Crossing game for 3DS.

Here's the link to the screenshots page on IGN. :3

Well, whaddoya think? I kinda like the new style for the player characters. And customizable pants? Pshaw!

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Re: Animal Crossing 3DS

Since City Folk I've learnt not to get excited by Animal Crossing games...

But... It's so... Tempting...

I mean it was the game series that got me into the internet an' all, so it holds a special place in my heart. So I'll get this game regardless. :P

Interesting things I've spotted:
    - Naturally the more "human" characters.
    - Cliffs over beaches.
    - A bench- probably to sit down in, duh.
    - A beach going up the side of the town? Hmm.

Right now it just seems like Wild World 2.0... It looks nice an all but yeah, I'll need to see something amazing to get excited over it this time.

There is a chance I might not get this game. It looks more like a clone of Wild World and the Humans ruin the "small and cute" effect to me.

Nonetheless, I might get the game if I get the 3DS.

Jeez, already? It seems like I was just getting hyped over City Folk.

The art is drastically different, even more-so than in the last one. I really don't know what to think of this, maybe 'cause there's no information.

Banned

I find the taller humans weird, personally. But if it means more furniture, more holidays and more fun activities... :D

Nintendo Conference update.
    Well, not much has been revealed about it, except that you are able to actually swim in the water, and have some wi-fi connectivity again. Along that, you can sit on stumps, and there is a new Animal friend who resembles some Japanese dog. I'm just here to explain what features have been involved in the new preview.

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

A few things in there were revealed back at E3, but didn't really get much publicity (the dog is a the player characters aide).

But they held a Q&A session (I assume) in which some concept art of the town was revealed...

Whether or not that's the final design I'm not sure, but if it is, that means the train is back, so is the well, the city is linked to the town, the islands return, and I believe I see Kapp'n in his ol' boat again. It also looks like we'll be able to swim out to smaller islands and into caves. And if I had to hazard a guess, the thing behind the city is a little cul-de-sac type place, I wonder who lives there though. Oh and I can't spot Nook's, the Museum or the Able Sisters' shop, I'm gonna guess they've been relocated to the city area.

Either way this is making me pretty nostalgic, they seem to be mixing new improvements with the classic design which is rather brilliant.
    Last edited by ThatFellow; September 13th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

I've only really gotten into Wild World but I might have to pick this up. The idea of swimming really appeals to me. I like the idea that you have something else physical to do. If they made swimming a little minigame like fishing that would be perfect.

Maybe you'll be able to dive for treasure, too. That'd be pretty cool.

I was hooked on Wild World because I could take it anywhere. It felt better than playing it on a console (not saying the first was bad in any way, of course <3). I think this one just might follow suit!

I'm also kind of hoping you can choose any animal resident of your choosing to follow you instead of just that dog. I mean, I still don't fully know the purpose of it, but having an alligator buddy following me on my little bug-catching/fishing/exploring adventures would sweeten up the deal for me! But that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

Navi: HEY! LISTEN! Link: HEY! Shutup. Zeldafan615's Avatar

I am really excited. I can't wait!

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

The character is design is absolutely awful. What a horrible choice of Nintendo's part. The cute aspect is ruined by these gangly freaks.

From the latest Nintendo Direct conference, we've received news that Animal Crossing will be released in Europe in 2013. No official known word on the American or even Japan release dates yet. However, we DID get a new trailer, which seems to cover a quick overview of a lot of things.

- Able to buy things for your town, such as lamps, benches, and even solar panels.
    - The city is behind the train station, just buy walking.
    - Kick has a shoe shop, which even has boots!
    - You have an office!
    - Lots of new items and furniture, which looks nice. Even a Wii Fit Balance Board!

So yeah, I really want this game soon, but they've been holding it back for quite a while.

And it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico Piemaster's Avatar

This just makes me curious now. If you are the mayor of the town;
    Will there still be other human players able to have files on the same game cartridge?
    And if so;
    Will there be one mayor player and the rest regular villagers?
    Will the role of mayor be shared among the human players?

Just some food for thought.
    I'm still around, friends. Just not here. Contact me okay?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/4td0/
    Discord : 4td0#8859
    Email: jmh_4td0@hotmail.com
    Twitter: 4td0
    Youtube: The4td0

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

As I have heard, you can be mayor in this game, and that there is a mall in this game. The dog is your assistant. And I believe that if you get a streetpass with someone else, that persons house will show up in your town. This game will be released in Japan this fall
    jealous
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

I really like the look of this game. I've only played Wild World, but I loved it!
    Personalizing the outside of your house (not just choosing the roof color) was something I really wanted to do before, and from the trailer it looks like you'll be able to do that. It looks like there are some new villager types too like the deer-thingy.
    Also, if you're the mayor, what does that make Tortimer?

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Retired?
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

And it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico Piemaster's Avatar

Yeah, I think in this game Tortimer stepped down from being mayor, or perhaps he is still a mayor, just not in the town you are mayor of.
    I don't think Nintendo would have it in them to have Tortimer pass away or anything, so I am sure all Tortimer did was step down.
    I'm still around, friends. Just not here. Contact me okay?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/4td0/
    Discord : 4td0#8859
    Email: jmh_4td0@hotmail.com
    Twitter: 4td0
    Youtube: The4td0

Confirmed name for the Japanese copy of Animal Crossing 3 Animal Crossing: Go!

Or something like that. I'll check at school tommorow. When I find out, title change please, and hopefully more discussion about the game! I haven't been keeping up on the news until the most recent issue of Nintendo Power, so it'd be nice for us to pool our information together!
    LOVE YA'LL

Hey, have you seen Paper Mario? I can't fi- PaperKirby's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the Japanese title is still Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

Banned

Frankly I just want more to DO. In the original my goal became amassing tickets to desperately try to win NES consoles to play via the game. I want more stuff like that. I know the VC has essentially ruined that, but maybe they could make some fun mini-games (table air hockey? Ping pong? Pool?) that you can actually PLAY when you get them in the game. Furniture is nice, but not when it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperKirby View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Japanese title is still Animal Crossing: Jump Out.
    Ah, that must be it then!

Quote Originally Posted by JK Riki View Post
    Frankly I just want more to DO. In the original my goal became amassing tickets to desperately try to win NES consoles to play via the game. I want more stuff like that. I know the VC has essentially ruined that, but maybe they could make some fun mini-games (table air hockey? Ping pong? Pool?) that you can actually PLAY when you get them in the game. Furniture is nice, but not when it's useless.
    You're looking to deep into the game! It's not supposed to be some kind of chore, walking around and ceaselessly pestering villagers to make money to unlock more trivial mini-games (How hard would you actually work to unlock Ping Pong?) and fluff.

Certainly, It'd be nice to have something like the NES games again, but I think you're missing the point of the game. I'd perfer more useless furniture choices than minigame items.
    LOVE YA'LL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    You're looking to deep into the game! It's not supposed to be some kind of chore, walking around and ceaselessly pestering villagers to make money to unlock more trivial mini-games (How hard would you actually work to unlock Ping Pong?) and fluff.

Certainly, It'd be nice to have something like the NES games again, but I think you're missing the point of the game. I'd perfer more useless furniture choices than minigame items.
    I dunno, I think both are valid points, no? I would absolutely have gone for more furniture choices years ago, it's just at this point in my gaming-life I'm looking for something else.

I suppose what it boils down to is that I've played Animal Crossing for ten years or so now (has it really been that long? geez...) and just doing what is essentially a stripped down version of the same game (no NES carts now) doesn't appeal to me for the fourth or fifth time. It's a brilliantly fun game, don't get me wrong, I'm just ready for the true NEXT Animal Crossing, not Animal Crossing version 1.6238. For me, adding in useable furniture, like games, would be that hook to get me back. Then when people came to visit, we could play something together after I show them my town.

Quote Originally Posted by JK Riki View Post
    I dunno, I think both are valid points, no? I would absolutely have gone for more furniture choices years ago, it's just at this point in my gaming-life I'm looking for something else.

I suppose what it boils down to is that I've played Animal Crossing for ten years or so now (has it really been that long? geez...) and just doing what is essentially a stripped down version of the same game (no NES carts now) doesn't appeal to me for the fourth or fifth time. It's a brilliantly fun game, don't get me wrong, I'm just ready for the true NEXT Animal Crossing, not Animal Crossing version 1.6238. For me, adding in useable furniture, like games, would be that hook to get me back. Then when people came to visit, we could play something together after I show them my town.
    I definitely understand, I think you're right that the next Animal Crossing definitely needs a spritz of innovation, but 3D certainly a new way to play a game that is mostly asthetics! Still... I wonder how you would change just a tried-and-true game without changing the original genre. I mean, it's so static even the tutorial hasn't changed much in three installments.
    LOVE YA'LL

Hey, have you seen Paper Mario? I can't fi- PaperKirby's Avatar

A good compromise and something Nintendo might be willing to do (though most likely won't) is to let you play and show off the virtual console titles you already own in your house.

While I agree changes and more importantly additions are great, the games have to rely on the same base gameplay in order to be what makes Animal Crossing enjoyable. There will always be complaints of not enough innovation, even when plenty is shown (enough for me anyway; with all the additions AC 3DS is making it's enough to make me want to return to a town of my own).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Still... I wonder how you would change just a tried-and-true game without changing the original genre.
    That's a great question, I'm not sure! It's a fun thing to think about, though.

For me I always felt like the later games (beyond the first) gave you too much too quick. Maybe it was because the first wasn't online so just getting a new piece of fruit to plant was this HUGE event, but that one for me had better pacing. By the most recent one I was paying off my house in super-quick time, and then I felt like there wasn't a ton left past that (that I hadn't already done in previous games, I mean).

I wonder if there would be some way to extend that "mortgage" idea for other buildings in town? Like being able to upgrade other animal's houses, or the town hall, or something, I dunno. I like that Tom's store upgrades over time, but you don't have to pay that off for it to happen.

Thread Information