Thread: Fate/Final Ambition

You thought you were so clever... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

Fate/Final Ambition

The world turns amidst a sea of stars. As it always has, as it always will... Or so we always thought.

Very few are aware that the universe moves in cycles, and this one is about to draw to a close. Soon, a new world will be born. A world created from the vision of the winner of this world's final war...

Spoiler: Plot 

Spoiler: Setting 

Spoiler: Important Details 

Spoiler: Participants 

SERVANT STATS - This will fill up as information is revealed

Code:
    CLASS: SABER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Magic Resistance (Rank ???)
    -Riding (Rank ????)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

----------------------------------

CLASS: LANCER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

CLASS: ARCHER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment:

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Independent Action (Rank ???)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

CLASS: RIDER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility:
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Riding (Rank ???)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

CLASS: CASTER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Territory Creation (Rank ???)
    -Item Creation (Rank ???)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

CLASS: BERSERKER
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Mad Enhancement (Rank ???)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

CLASS: ASSASSIN
    Spirit: 
    Alignment: 

Strength: 
    Mana: 
    Endurance: 
    Agility: 
    Luck: 

Class Skills:
    -Presence Concealment (Rank ???)

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

Re: Fate/Final Ambition

The Library. A strange structure outside of space and time. Its sole purpose was to record and store all information. Every single event that happens within the many cycles of the universe could be found within the pages stored within its walls. It was a massive, spacious building, polished floors of black stone reflecting the ceiling's strange mural of a massive cosmic tree. At the moment, The Library was silent, except for the rustling of pages and a soft voice humming.

"Hmm hmm hmmm~"

A woman skipped happily from bookcase to bookcase, shelving books from her cart as she moved along the rows and rows of towering literature. She was a rather short young lady, with creamy tan skin. Her bright purple hair was styled into a bob cut, and big, circular glasses sat on the bridge of her nose. She paused for a moment, wiping a book against her simple black dress before putting it on the shelf.

"These get kinda dusty, don't they Ouro?"

"Hrmmm?" The white, scaled belt around her waist stirred, proving not to be a belt at all, but a large snake. It blinked its beady eyes, looking up at her. "You're awful excited about this librarian gig, ain'tcha?"

"Well, of course~!" The woman grinned, shelving a few more books. "In life I sought all the secrets of the universe. In this new eternal life, I have it all at my fingertips! And the secrets of all universe past! It's amazing!"

"
    Cleopatra!
    "

A deep voice rang out, the language it spoke completely unknown to humankind. The woman jumped slightly, turning and looking toward a door. It was open slightly, a tall figure poking out. Its body seemed to be made of the same swirling blacks and purples as the cosmos, stars littering its figure. It blinked its eyes, giving a friendly wave.

"
    Ah, did I startle you? I'm sorry. I was just checking to see if you were ready. This cycle's representatives will be here soon.
    "

"Ah, no! Erm..." The woman paused, clearing her throat before speaking in the stardust creature's language. "
    No, no, don't worry! I was just lost in my thoughts. Yes, I'm almost done. I'll be ready to greet them shortly.
    "

"
    Very good. I wish you luck on your cycle as Librarian. If you need any advice from me or past Librarians, feel free to pop in.
    "

"
    Yes sir, Mr. Head Librarian~!
    " The woman gave a bit of a salute. With a chuckle, the other creature retreated into the door.

"And what was all that?" The snake asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh. Oh! Right, you don't speak... Well, Head Librarian Bel'cere was just saying we need to get ready for the cycle's representatives for this war."

"Ah, right. That." The snake closed its eyes again. "Big job."

"I know..." The woman's gloved hands brushed against the amulet around her neck, featuring a large, glowing stone. "I'm a bit nervous... Oh well, they'll be here any moment. No time for nerves!"

Finishing her organizing, she made her way to the front desk. There, she sat in the large, plush chair, almost a throne, her brown eyes resting on the seven circles in front of the desk. Suddenly, beams of light shot down onto the circles, bringing with them seven participants, plucked from a specific location on Earth. Taking a deep, nervous breath, the woman stood. With a sweet smile, she gave a little bow.

"Welcome to The Library. Here we will brief you on the upcoming War."

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

"LADIES! AND! GENTLEMEN! ARE YOU READY TO PARTY?"

Horizon Stadium - the island's biggest venue for concerts, parties, and both - was packed to the brim. Its capacity was around two hundred thousand at most, and it certainly seemed it tonight; two thousand voices seemed to be cheering in unison. From behind the stage curtain, a woman peered out at the crowd, eyes narrowing. She looked young, no more than nineteen or twenty, and distinctly Eurasian. She was dressed in a very elaborate, very pink outfit sitting somewhere between teen-idol and stripper in its aesthetic, and topped off by an over-large hairbow.

"Turnout isn't too bad," noted a middle-aged man standing beside her. "Not bad for the last leg."

"Cut me a break," she hissed to her manager, making sure the microphone she wore was still turned off. "They love me here and you know it. How many more sold-out shows is it gonna take for you to stop ridin' my ass?"

"I'm just saying," he continued, "I hardly saw any scalpers out front at all. I'm just looking out for you, you know? I sure hope your stock isn't dropping."

She ignored the implication, although her tone did grow colder. "Aren't you supposed to be in the Bahamas, Donatello? I'd hate to delay you much longer." I bet there's some dumb blonde out there just waiting for a skeezy old guy like you to ruin her day.

"I'm going," he chuckled, "I'm going." He slapped her jovially on the back before turning to leave. "Have fun, kid. And feel free to call me up if you need anything."

"Get &&&&ed," she muttered, once she knew he was gone, and flicked on her mic.

Oblivious to the talk of business going on behind the scenes, the announcer continued, now accompanied by a drum-roll and flashing lights. "PLEASE WELCOME YOUR QUEEN, YOUR IDOL, MISS HORIZON HERSELF - SNAPDRAGOOOOOOOON!"

Snapdragon Walker-Yamaguchi - model, actress, and currently back in her hometown to wrap up her world tour promoting her first studio album - burst out onto the stage, the screen behind her lighting up with a huge image of her face.

"Ohayo, mina-san!" she cried, striking a pose (which duly elicited another round of roars). "And arigato for coming out here to see me today! You're all such good tomodachis!"

Her band had slunk onstage while she'd been grandstanding, and now her guitarist gave her the nod to signal that everything was ready.

"Alright," she called, "this one's called Moe Moe Doki Doki Baby Baby! Now - ichi, ni, ichi ni san-"

She vanished with a pop, and the crowd went wild.

Somewhere in Germany, in the esteemed Lichtquelle family's estate, Aria Lichtquelle, magus extraordinaire, reclined in her favorite chair as she sipped her green tea. Ah, after weeks of chasing a Sealing Designated across the continent, how good was it to be back home! It was only here, in the mansion that had housed generations of Lichtquelle magi, that she could be at peace. No more bothersome distractions, such as the morons from the Mage's Association begging her to save their hides! Forget about being forced to eat the cooking of peasants, or stay at poorly-decorated hotels! Even if it was only for a couple of days, she was free! Free to once again absorb herself in her ancestors' research, enjoy her cooks' finely-crafted food, read through her vast literary backlog... or even do nothing at all! The possibilities were endless!

Smiling to herself, Aria rose from the chair, teacup still in hand, and walked over to the window to gaze at the beautiful garden outside. Even the weather was pleasant today, the warm sunlight gently reflecting off of her pristine, pure white dress... a particularily elegant, minimalistic article of clothing that she only wore in special occasions, such as right now. 'Ah, life can be good after all', she thought to herself. If only this peace could last forever...

But alas, it was not meant to be! All of a sudden, a blinding white light enveloped Aria, and before she could even realize, she was no longer in her study, but rather in a strange library (with a surprisingly good-looking interior). There were seven others in the room, six of whom looked like they had been summoned just as abruptly as she had, with the last being a funny-looking young woman, sitting across what seemed to be the front desk. Aria opened her mouth to say something, most likely a 'What is the meaning of this?!', but the shock of having her day off so suddenly taken away gave her a headache. In the end, all she could muster to say was

"...what...?"
    Last edited by Chiffon; June 18th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

Mike Gordon looked around warily as he hurried down the street, arms loaded with groceries. His paranoia was not unwarranted, as the sun was rapidly dropping towards the horizon and this town was not a safe place to be outside at night. His furrowed brow relaxed slightly as he saw his home farther down the street. Just a a block away before-

"Sir. Sir! May I have a word, sir?"

Mike stopped dead in his tracks, hands gripping the grocery bags tightly. He was acutely aware of the sound of footsteps approaching from behind him, leather boots on concrete. Very slowly, he turned on the spot until he was suddenly and unpleasantly face to face with exactly what he was hoping to not encounter on his trip home.

Benjamin "Danger" Johnson (don't call him Benjamin) ran a finger through his faux hawk while shooting Mister Gordon a crooked grin. The grin was not the only thing crooked about him. His leather jacket was disheveled over his wife beater, and his personality wasn't much better.

"Seems to me you're havin' a bit a trouble holding all those bags, eh, sir?" Danger said, placing a hand on the other man's shoulder. "Now, me in all my generosity would be willing to take some a these off your hands, for a small fee."

Sweat beaded on Mike's forehead and his voice trembled when he spoke. "P-please, I need to feed my family, I have nothing to spare..."

Johnson clicked his tongued and shook his head in disappointment. "See, I don't like to hear that, sir, I really don't. Turning down an honest man's generosity, now that's goddamn rude." Taking his hand away from Mike's shoulder, he began cleaning his nails nonchalantly, though there was venom in his voice. "But since I'm such a nice guy, here's a friendly warning for ya. Rumor has it this part of town is predisposed to, ah, explosions."

Mike's eyes widened as he watched Danger's eyes glow orange briefly. "Please! I-we can't-I can't have-"

"Hey hey hey! You made your bed, now you gotta-"

Benjamin Danger was cut short by being unexpectedly enveloped in a bright light that whisked him away to an otherworldly library of sorts. Now if that didn't just take the cake.

Nadia was, as she tended to do on Fridays, job hunting. Well, not really job hunting. You see, she had been at an interview, but once the guy who was interviewing her saw what her last name was, she was rushed out the door to the tune of some all too familiar phrases.
    "We'll call you, don't call us."
    "If something comes up you'll be the first to know."
    "We'll keep in touch, unless we somehow lose your contact info and block your number."

It's not easy being a Cobalt in this town, not any more. Hasn't been for a few years, in fact. But hey, it was out of Nadia's control. So, instead of getting a job, she was walking down the street, getting the occasional glare from passersby as they caught a glimpse of her ratty hoodie and jeans combo, or was it perhaps her unkempt hair? Either way, she was not getting the nicest looks. Though, that was something she'd gotten used to, to. That's what happens when your family rips off pretty much everyone else in the entire city without your knowledge. You tend become something of a pariah, whether you like it or not (and Nadia certainly did not).

Making her way back to Books4Less, a book store next to the 7-11 whose attic she called home, she was pulled over by the owner, Taylor. "Hey, Nadia," she said, straightening her sort of apron thing that all bookstore workers seem to wear all the time.

Suddenly putting a (fake) smile on her face, Nadia moved a stray few strands of hair out of her face before replying. "Hey, Mrs. Ringburg, how's it going?"

"I'm doing, uh, good, Nadia. How did the job hunt go?" The older woman scratched the back of her neck, as if something was bothering her.

"It, uh... not well, really. I got turned down again." Nadia lost her smile, replacing it with a quite visible frown as the stray hair fell back into its old resting place.

"Oh, that's not good. You know I'd love to give you a job, but having somebody from your... family, working here would dr-"

"It'd drive away business, I know. I'm just... I'm just gonna go sleep for the rest of the day. Again." Nadia gave Taylor a pat on the shoulder as she entered the building-

-And was teleported magically, to some sort of whimsical Library. So whimsical, in fact, that it had to be referred to as a proper noun! Golly, that's something. Taking in the sight, Nadia only had one thing to say. Probably something about how no matter where she goes, there always seem to be a lot of books. Or something about wanting to throw up from the teleportation. One of the two.

Samson was, as was unusual for him on.... any day, working a job. See, he'd finally found a place that would hire someone with little to no high-school education and absolutely no experience, approximately yesterday. Well, 'hire' might be a strong word; there was no real application process, and any and all payment was officially unofficial. In fact, it was so unofficial, he was pretty sure it was actually below minimum wage by a significant margin. But it was better than nothing, he guessed. Especially since he could live there! Being on the streets wasn't too fun in a city like Horizon.

And, well, it's not like washing dishes for a gang meant you were a member, right?

Okay, okay, he had kinda, sorta joined a gang. But it wasn't like he got a tattoo or anything. And it wasn't like this was even a particularly dangerous gang! Like, mid-tier, tops. He wouldn't say that to their faces, though. And he'd made it pretty clear, he thought, that he was only going to wash dishes. And do a few other household chores, he guessed. Just... clean things up a bit, and not in the dead body sense. He was only doing this until he had enough money to... do something, he guessed. Get an actual job? That didn't require money. A house? That'd be... way too much money. Rent an apartment? What would he do after he quit, find a job? He'd already established that that was impossible for someone like him. He just needed... to buy things, he guessed. Clothes, for one -- he'd been wearing his current jacket-and-jeans combo for at least a fortnight. Also toothpaste. And food. And a razor. Things like that. He'd figure out what to do once he had the necessities together. He... didn't need to think about it now, anyway. It's not like he was doing anything bad, not like before. He was doing safe, legal work and getting paid. It was fine.

Samson examined his reflection in the dish he was washing; yeah, he definitely needed a razor. He had just enough stubble to look like an unkempt douchebag, and that wasn't something he enjoyed. He also had bags under his dark green eyes, which made sense, because he hadn't gotten any sleep last night. His chestnut brown hair hadn't been combed or cut since he couldn't remember when. Really, these dishes weren't the only things that needed a good washing. He vowed to ask if he was allowed to take a shower later. For now, though, he was busy working his literal magecraft against these dishes, scrubbing them down with more force and precision than any old washing machine could muster, probably. That was one of his selling points, he guessed. Ha ha ha.

Alright, he just needed to get his footing. Then everything could change, and he'd have a house and clothes and a job and all that, and he'd actually be able to help people. But he needed to put himself in a position to do that, first. And this job was a step in the right direction, he was sure of it! He'd have actual currency to work with, on a predictable schedule. So long as nothing stupid happened, he'd actually have a place to live. Sure, his roommates weren't the best, but... they weren't the worst, he guessed. They had hired him. Even if they weren't very nice, he kinda owed them one. Or maybe several. He'd hate to do anything to betray their trust, anyway, especially since it'd mean losing the job.

"Hey, kid. You've been washing that dish for, like, two minutes. The hell d'you think you're doing?"

Ah, man. He'd totally just zoned out, hadn't he? He was pretty sure that this girl was actually significantly younger than him, though, which made him kinda sad when he thought about it, so he decided not to think about it.

"R-right, um, sorry. I just... sorry, yeah."

The girl rolled her eyes, and seemed to consider reprimanding him further, but decided against it. Instead, she took note of the next dish he grabbed, narrowing her eyes.

"'Ey, that one's mine. Be damn careful with it."

"O-of course! I'm, uh, careful with everything."

"Well, be especially careful with that one, then."

"Right. Yeah. Will do. Promise."

The girl only shook her head, muttering something under her breath that Samson didn't quite catch. So Samson just started washing the dish, taking the special care that he promised he would. He heard the girl walk out of the room, into the one where some other dudes were talking. He sighed; people stressed him out these days. Once he finished washing the dish, he held it up to the light for inspection, and then he noticed that woah, this light was pretty bright. Like, really, really bright...

The shattering of fine china alerted The Monarchs to their new chore boy's disappearance, but none of the king's horses, and none of the king's men, could quite piece together where the hell that &&&&&&& went. They did say they'd fix the china, though.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

The mean streets of Horizon hummed with the sorrowing song of the masses...

Lee was attempting to keep his eyes open and failing spectacularly. For once, he just couldn’t get into Perry Mason. He had drifted off a couple times and apparently missed some important dialogue, because he was now hopelessly lost.

Grumbling, Lee reached for the remote and switched off the TV. Last night had been a long, tiring night of staking out the McClinton place, and for what? A false trail and a court order that Lee was trying good and hard to avoid looking at.

He couldn’t help looking for a little excitement – business was slow. Then again, it had never really been what you could call fast – the most exciting work he had done was finding lost jewelry underneath couches. Oh, and the time he taught Mrs. Barrow how to search her husband's internet history.

Yep, the fact of the matter was that Horizon had no need for his little enterprise. Private detectives just couldn’t compete with the long arm of the law. For the millionth time, Lee pondered accepting that job at the deli, when suddenly…

She was tall, dark, and had a deadly gaze, like a stick of licorice with a gummy bear’s head. Clasping a cigarette between two fingers, her expression was sultry but confused. Lee got the impression that she was searching for the right words, like a man searching for the least embarrassing way to hold his wife’s purse. Finally, she spoke, in a voice that could melt and freeze all at once, like IcyHot.

“Are you Lee Chane?”

Lee smiled.

“As a matter of fact, I… am… in… a library.”
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

"Oi, oi! Get back 'ere y' little &&&&!"

A man in a dark hoodie ducked and weaved through the streets of Horizon, slipping past the crowds of tourists. And tailing close behind him...

"I SAID GET BACK 'ERE!"

A tall, gangly man plowed through the crowd, the studs and pins on his black leather jacket clanking against each other as he did. His electric blue hair rustled in the light summer breeze as he elbowed tourists out of the way, chasing after the man in the black hoodie. The distance between the two shrank steadily, until...

"GOTCHAAAAA!"

With a roar, the punk rock lookin' fellow pounced, tackling the man in the hoodie to the ground. The two skid along the pavement, the crowd parting as they did. The blue-haired man stood, yanking the other up by the hood of his sweatshirt.

"Alright, y' bleedin' &&&& train, where it is?"

"P-pocket..."

The punk thrust his hand into the thief's pocket, pulling out a black leather wallet. He threw the thief back to the ground, placing a combat boot-clad foot on his back so he wouldn't get away. Grumbling, the punk opened his wallet, checking to see if everything was there.

"Alright, lessee... cards, check. Cash, check. Aw, thank &&&&in' god, me ticket's still 'ere." He said aloud, pulling a ticket for tonight's Snapdragon show out. He inspected it for damage before sticking it back in. "Alright, mate. Seein' as y' didn't end up raidin' me wallet yet, I'm gonna let y' off th' 'ook fer robbin' me."

"R-really...?" The thief glanced up.

"'OWEVER! Y' made me &&&&in' late fer Snapdragon's show, an' that's UNFORGIVEABLE!"

The punk stomped on the theif's back, a pained yelp escaping the criminal.

"Wh-what the hell, dude!?"

"I'M GONNA TEACH Y' T' MESS WITH DANNY CRITICAL!"

The punk raised his foot again, and the thief grit his teeth, preparing for the next stomp... but it never came. Danny Critical had disappeared.

----------

"Wot" Danny muttered as he suddenly found himself in what appeared to be a giant library.

"Aaaaand that's seven!" The purple-haired librarian clapped her gloved hands together, giving an excited, albeit nervous, grin. "So! I'm sure you have a lot of questions. A-ah, but, first, let me introduce myself. I'm the librarian of The Library for the next cycle, chosen from this cycle. My name is Cleopatra! B-but, not the one you're probably thinking of. I'm an alchemist from Alexandria in the year---"

"You're rambling." The giant white snake around her waist slithered up to rest on her shoulders like a feather boa.

"A-am I?" Cleo blushed a bit, flustered. "Sorry... oh, right, and everyone, this is Ouroboros."

"Charmed."

"Anyway, uh... you're probably so confused right now, huh? I'll make this quick and easy, then! So, uh, the universe runs in cycles. The entire history of Earth as we know it is just one part of this cycle. Now, our cycle's coming to an end, and we need someone in charge of the next cycle! So, there's gonna be a contest of sorts. It's called the Great Library War."

The woman stepped out from behind her desk, motioning towards the rows of shelves. "This libary is a constant. It exists outside of the cycles, and keeps track of everything that happens in them. Through..." She paused, furrowing her brow for a bit before she pointed to a door in the back. "Ah, yes! That door. Through that door lies the Earth section. All of the events of mankind, and every individual person... They can be found there. That ties in to this contest. You will all pick one figure from Earth's history. Check out their book. Then, you will be returned to Earth, in the city of Horizon, just to make things convenient for... most of you." Cleopatra looked to Aria, biting her lip and giving a bit of a shrug. "Sorry about that. Anyway! Upon returning to Earth, you will summon your partner from their book. That's when the war begins. You and your partner must..." She paused a bit, shuffling. "Exterminate the other six teams. The last team standing wins the prize."

"Hell of a prize it is, too." The snake piped up. "You'll become the creator god of the next cycle."

"Y-yeah, what he said." Cleopatra took a seat, and her excited demeanor returned. "Now, then. You have all been given a card."

Sure enough, without any of them noticing, everyone was now holding a card in their left hand.

"On that card is the class your partner will be summoned into. So, uh, try to pick someone that fits. Oh, and, uh, just for the record, please don't try summoning me. I'm incredibly busy. Oh, and, one more thing! Please, keep your fights as hidden from the population as you can. We don't want widespread panic during the world's final days, ideally. Now, uh, let's see here..."

Cleopatra pointed to the door leading to the entire history of the Earth, causing it to slowly creep open, revealing a massive room, a labyrinth of shelves, all sitting on a beautiful mural depicting some of the Earth's more important moments.

"There you go! You're free to go find who you want! Return to the spot you were standing to go back to Earth. Or, uh, I guess if you need any help or have any questions, I'll be right here. I know it's a lot to take in, sorry! A-and there's a few things I guess I left out. Command seals, Noble Phantasms... That said, your Servant can probably explain those... either way, good luck to you all!"

--------

Danny flipped the card he had received over. It looked a lot like a tarot card, he thought. On the front was displayed a grotesque drawing of a hulking man, his head replaced with that of a wolf's. He read the text on the bottom, his voice a hush.

"Berserker... This is insane..."

The punk muttered, before glancing over the other competitors. He and some legendary figure were gonna have to fight--- bloody hell was that Snapdragon!?

He froze, eyes going wide. It totally was! That right there was Miss Horizon herself, THE Snapdragon Walker-Yamaguchi! Suddenly, the whole being teleported to a magical library to summon a warrior so he could become god seemed less insane than he thought. He was standing in the same room as THE SNAPDRAGON. Anything was possible now!

Trying to keep his cool, he quickly turned on his heel, making his way toward the door, mumbling to himself the whole time.

"Alright. Yeah, alright. I'll... I'll find me someone quickly, so I 'ave time t' introduce m'self. Yeah. Good plan!"

And with that, he disappeared into the maze of books.
    Last edited by Commodore Jim; June 26th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Snapdragon had spent most of the woman's speech eyeing up the competition. And while it sounded like they wouldn't be doing battle directly - rather, they'd be using these 'Servants' as proxies - she still felt reasonably confident in her chances. She was a born fighter, after all, and with a face this pretty, her opponents wouldn't even see it coming. The prize was interesting, if not something she felt particularly drawn to - sure, there were things she'd eliminate from her perfect world, even if it wasn't something she fixated on - but who could say no to something like that? Her competitive streak was firing already.

She made a beeline for the library as soon as the spiel was over, finding a quiet space between two aisles and only then turning over the card which lay in her left hand.

Archer, read the inscription, below the image of a knight preparing to loose an arrow at an unseen foe.

If she'd been in public, she'd have said something about the class being the natural choice for her. After all, the colossal pink bow perched precariously atop her head was the closest thing she had to a trademark accessory, and surely one famed bow deserved another? But as it was, the thoughts running through her head were far less asinine and far more pointed.

I don't know what other classes exist, but Archer must be some kind of long-range fighter. Sounds like the kind of thing I can work with, so I'll need to find the most powerful one I can. May as well make use of the most potent tool at my disposal.

Reading, unfortunately, wasn't a strong suit of hers. It had been a necessity thing that she'd dropped out of school shortly after becoming literate, not a stupidity thing, but it usually wasn't too large an issue in her life and career. Now, however, she found herself staring at an endless sea of words, and she had no idea where to start.

"Warrior Women," she read aloud, naming the section she'd found herself in. It seemed odd to her that this area appeared to be sorted by theme rather than chronology, but she wasn't about to complain. And besides, the Library probably worked in mysterious ways unknown to mere mortals. Having a female Servant didn't sound so disadvantageous either; she could keep her fans guessing about her relationship status, all while playing up the ambiguous girl-on-girl angle that would appeal to a very different sector of her audience. Yes, she decided, I'll summon myself one of those. It can't be a coincidence that I found myself here, and that's as good a sign as any that I should stick to this path.

Heading to the shelf closest to her, she pulled out the nearest book. It was a heavy tome which sat too large in her hands. Opening it, she saw that the paper was aged and fragile. It quickly became apparent, as she paged through it, that fate had once again led her straight to the ideal Servant. Powerful and feminine was enough of a drawcard on its own, but there was an additional facet to the woman's story which made her nothing short of perfect.

Hugging the book close to her chest - but not, of course, too close for it to obscure her assets - Snapdragon hurried back to the front area. Rather than heading home, though, she loitered by the teleportation area. The more information she could squeeze out of the other participants early on, the better. Surely most of them had to have heard of her, and that was an advantage in and of itself.

She plastered on her most winning smile and set in for the long haul.

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

Danger couldn't believe this. Danger just could not believe this. The nerve of some people, whisking a guy away for some mystical duel to the death. He was a busy man, he didn't have time to be any sort of creation deity or whatever the hell this was about.

These and similar thoughts were what went through Benjamin's head as he half-listened to the librarian lady drone on and on. It did not occur to him that it would be helpful to give his full attention, nor did it occur to him that if he were to become some sort of creation deity, he would not need to worry about whatever business it was that had been occupying him prior to this meeting. It also didn't occur to him that he was not a particularly intelligent man.

Something about books and something about classes, eugh. I didn't skip out on all those years of school just to end up in a bogus pop quiz like this &&&&ing game. Like I know anything about history. This is a &&&&ing joke.

Danger glanced briefly down at his card, only barely retaining the words "Rider" and the image of a person on some sort chariot. With an overdramatic groan and a roll of his eyes, the magus stomped off towards the mentioned door, not being particularly careful to avoid bumping into his competitors.

The sight that greeted him dragged a second round of groans from Danger's lips. Books. Books as far as he could see. What could a person possibly need this many books for, this was just ridiculous. Whatever, it's not like it mattered, he just needed to grab a text and get out. Shuffling quickly over to a bookshelf, the man aggressively grabbed one off a shelf. Giving it a quick glance at the cover, he tossed it to the ground. If he was picking some sorta servant or whatever to work for him, they should at least have a cool looking cover. Working quickly, Danger began ripping books from their shelves, glancing at them for a split second, and then tossing them to the ground.

...a war. To become the creator of the next world. Uh, that sounds fantastic, but isn't this all a little too sudden? Just a little...?

Aria frowned, wondering how the war's management could be so terrible, as she surveyed the room in order to get a look at the other contestants... and they were all rabble! Well, most of them. One of the two other women didn't look so bad, if only because Aria couldn't imagine any low-life wearing such a ridiculous outfit, and one of the men just seemed to be... normal, but the rest all looked like the kind of people that you'd expect to see owing money to some gangster, or being unemployed.

Setting aside those thoughts, Aria quickly got up and headed into the library proper, as she had become increasingly curious about it as Cleopatra spoke. If this library kept track of all that happened during a cycle, then... could it be that this was the true form of Akasha?! Indeed, it was said that the Root, as it was called, contained all the knowledge that had ever existed, but to actually be standing there, after generations of research... it felt too good to be true.

And yet, once inside, she knew that it was true. The place was staggeringly huge, greater than any other library she had ever seen, with colossal bookshelves, filled to the brim with books of all kinds, stretching out as far as the eye could see; and a beautiful mural of a world tree adorned the ceiling, giving the entire room an ethereal atmosphere. Surely, nothing as grand as this could have been made by human hands!

At the sight of such magnificence, Aria wondered... if she won the war, would she have access to all this? Well, maybe not this library, as this world would've ended by then, but... that would be a dream come true nonetheless. The idea of participating was starting to sound better and better, and so, Aria finally looked at the card in her hand. It featured an illustration of a robed, bearded figure holding a book and a staff, the archetypal wizard. Below the picture, the word "Caster" was written, presumably the class' name, though the word choice was rather strange. Now, all that was left was to pick a figure from the Earth's history to be summoned into this class, and luckily, she already knew of a mythological character whose story had always intrigued her! Knowing this, Aria wandered into library's corridors, somehow quickly making her way into the Eastern Asian History aisle despite being completely lost, something that amused her. Once there, it didn't take long for her to find what she was looking for - a worn, unassuming book that looked like it had seen better days, yet still possessed a faint air of nobility to it. Excited about the prospect of being able to talk to this figure in person, she returned to the front desk, at the same time mentally preparing herself for the incoming battle...

Thread Information