Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon Discussion Thread

Re: Splatoon Discussion Thread

What minigame? I think I know what it's about, kind of? Show me a link, please.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Quote Originally Posted by NiGHTcapD View Post
    What minigame? I think I know what it's about, kind of? Show me a link, please.
    My mistake, they weren't talking about a mini-game, they were talking about the gels from Portal 2, and how this game reminded them of that.

BTW, for those of you that are wondering, this game will, indeed, have a single-player campaign... or at the very least, Reggie Fils-Amie feels that not including a single-player mode would "be a mistake".

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/19...-be-a-mistake/

This is why Reggie's the man!

....Dangit! Now I have to buy a Wii U~

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    My mistake, they weren't talking about a mini-game, they were talking about the gels from Portal 2, and how this game reminded them of that.

BTW, for those of you that are wondering, this game will, indeed, have a single-player campaign... or at the very least, Reggie Fils-Amie feels that not including a single-player mode would "be a mistake".

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/19...-be-a-mistake/

This is why Reggie's the man!
    The question is "What would the single player campaign even be about?"

Note Reggie's choice of words here.
    I think gamers want a full-featured experience. I think itís actually a mistake to cut out modes. Now, certain games, in the way theyíre conceptualized, they are what they are. I played Rainbow Six: Siege, Ubiís five-on-five game. The innovation there is that itís a one-shot kill. Now thereís strategy to it, which makes that interesting. I donít know if theyíre going to have a mode where all of the other entities are non-playable characters. That doesnít seem like a lot of fun to me.

As it stands now, Splatoon is a 4v4 arena where you win based on how much area you've splattered with your color by the end of the time limit. Unless the single player's going to be a bunch of smaller arenas with rival "gangs", we'll need to look elsewhere on the concept to get a better idea of what they're aiming for with a single player experience.

Like say, a reverse Super Mario Sunshine.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

I doubt it is feasible, but im reminded of Jet Set Radio Future. A game by Sega where the objective was to tag specific areas of a map while completing specific challenges (such as working on a time limit, or collecting markers) all while avoiding NPC's whose job was to stop you (ranging from police to tanks to giant robots)

Splatoon's single player probably wont anywhere near resemble that, but it might not be outside the realm of possibility.

Also, given that this is Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way of changing the number of people on each team, or even creating more than two teams in the final version.
    They still have something like eight months left to work on this assuming they don't push the release date back. And there are any number of possibilities that they could come up with which we can only theorize about.

Though I doubt it will happen, I kinda hope Splatoon has some sort of storyline or background information regarding the Inklings.

Fire Emblem for Virtual Console! GM_3826's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasae Bushae View Post
    I doubt it is feasible, but im reminded of Jet Set Radio Future. A game by Sega where the objective was to tag specific areas of a map while completing specific challenges (such as working on a time limit, or collecting markers) all while avoiding NPC's whose job was to stop you (ranging from police to tanks to giant robots)

Splatoon's single player probably wont anywhere near resemble that, but it might not be outside the realm of possibility.

Also, given that this is Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way of changing the number of people on each team, or even creating more than two teams in the final version.
    They still have something like eight months left to work on this assuming they don't push the release date back. And there are any number of possibilities that they could come up with which we can only theorize about.

Though I doubt it will happen, I kinda hope Splatoon has some sort of storyline or background information regarding the Inklings.
    I'm betting it's like Scribblenauts and they've already come up with one, but it's only on paper and not explained to us until the third game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein, as well
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Spoiler: Here is my GPXPlus Party. 

Negatory. Scribblenauts has the plotline it has now, but I don't think it had it all back when it was first created
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Negatory. Scribblenauts has the plotline it has now, but I don't think it had it all back when it was first created
    I am 100% certain this was discussed in an interview and pulled off the web.
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Focusing on a Scribblenauts segway is a great way to bring a thread off-topic.

I recall this is about Splatoon. Why are you focusing on an irrelevant point? What are you getting at by doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    I am 100% certain this was discussed in an interview and pulled off the web.
    The same to you as well.

Is this source regarding Splatoon?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    Focusing on a Scribblenauts segway is a great way to bring a thread off-topic.

I recall this is about Splatoon. Why are you focusing on an irrelevant point? What are you getting at by doing so?

The same to you as well.

Is this source regarding Splatoon?
    Sorry. So used to being off-topic on other forums. (*MSPA FORUMS COUGH COUGH*)
    Let's stop discussing this.

So not only will the game have a single-player mode, but it will also have local 1-on-1 multiplayer mode. Details and more can be read here:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22...-more-details/

Also, apparently Miis were considered to be the key playable characters. Here's why they went with squids over them:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/24...ii-characters/

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    So not only will the game have a single-player mode, but it will also have local 1-on-1 multiplayer mode. Details and more can be read here:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22...-more-details/

Also, apparently Miis were considered to be the key playable characters. Here's why they went with squids over them:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/24...ii-characters/
    Sweet.
    As for the Mii thing, I'm glad they chose something more original. If they didn't, this would just be Wii (U!) Paintball.

Yoshidrone reporting for duty! I'm here to play Nintendo games and be AWESOME while doing it! yoshidrone's Avatar

Apparently this was going to be a Mario game. While I love Mario, I much prefer this new IP for a shooter game. Also, I hope they include character classes. While I never played TF2, I think the classes would add more depth to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshidrone View Post
    Apparently this was going to be a Mario game. While I love Mario, I much prefer this new IP for a shooter game. Also, I hope they include character classes. While I never played TF2, I think the classes would add more depth to the game.
    Where'd you hear that this was going to be Mario? I'm pretty sure the original idea was some kinda Mii game.

Also, classes have been confirmed, I believe.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    Where'd you hear that this was going to be Mario? I'm pretty sure the original idea was some kinda Mii game.
    Here. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin.../1100-6422026/

Pfft. You know what, Nintendo's absolutely willing to slap Mario's face on absolutely everything. Anyways, has anyone seen any new trailers for this? I feel like Nintendo hasn't talked about it since E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    Pfft. You know what, Nintendo's absolutely willing to slap Mario's face on absolutely everything. Anyways, has anyone seen any new trailers for this? I feel like Nintendo hasn't talked about it since E3.
    They haven't. And they totally should!
    They said this was going to come out the first half of 2015. Where's the news?

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    They haven't. And they totally should!
    They said this was going to come out the first half of 2015. Where's the news?
    They did release some more news about Splatoon today, actually. It has to do with some weird octopus hand army trying to conquer the squid people race or some stuff I don't even know, just in case some didn't watch the direct, yet. It looks good though, can't wait for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    They did release some more news about Splatoon today, actually. It has to do with some weird octopus hand army trying to conquer the squid people race or some stuff I don't even know, just in case some didn't watch the direct, yet. It looks good though, can't wait for the game.

Wow, not only does this make sense in context, it's actually pretty awesome. Glad the game has a single player mode! Can't wait to try it.

Tentomon's Toaster Trolley Coxy's Avatar

I'm basically really glad they've never backed down on Splatoon being a new IP. Like, I was still expecting even after E3 that they'd turn around and be like "aaaactually, mario". It's a weird thing to have been worrying about, I just...

Also maybe on that note, the stages in single player give off that FLUDD-less bonus stages platforming stuff in Mario Sunshine vibe. I can tell that was an influence here. And man, I CANNOT wait to see if the speedrunning community picks the single player campaign up because SMS speed runs are glorious during those platforming sections; just imagine how cool zipping around in Splatoon's gonna be.
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

"Squid people vs. the Kaliarmi"
    Anyone?

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

I... really should get a Wii U soon. This looks amazing, kinda like Portal to be honest.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Quote Originally Posted by OshaliteX2 View Post
    I... really should get a Wii U soon. This looks amazing, kinda like Portal to be honest.
    Looks more like TF2 to me, what with the cartoony team-based shooting. What about it makes you think "Portal"?
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Looks more like TF2 to me, what with the cartoony team-based shooting. What about it makes you think "Portal"?
    I assume it may be the ink resembling the 3 gels used in Portal 2 in appearance as well as their ability to cover surfaces thus enabling their properties.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

When the first trailer came out, the orange and blue ink reminded me instantly of the gels from Portal 2. Maybe that's what Osh's talking about.

Thread Information