Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: Forum fixed

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Update: Forum fixed

yup
    Last edited by Superninfreak; April 30th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

If there was a broom Pokemon, it'll become the best sweeper taiwanman0610's Avatar

Re: We know the forums won't load threads (including this one), we're working on it

Ok, I think I figured out a loophole (Is that the word?) to post for now. If anyone could see this, basically, what you do is that you have to first log out of our account. Then, I think you should be able to view threads like it is. After, to reply to a thread, just click "Reply the Quote" on one of the posts, then it would ask you to login. After you log in, you should be able to reply to threads, that is, if this reply works.

I'm also doing this on IE, if that makes a difference.

3DS FC: 3394-3550-2241

Re: We know the forums won't load threads (including this one), we're working on it

Is that so? Well, if this post gets through, then I can confirm that it also works on Google Chrome. Also, it works for more than one person, so there's some reassurance there. If it works for me right now, and if it works for taiwanman, it probably will work for other people also.

Come check out my art thread (with comic) http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...-s-art-thread)

Quote Originally Posted by taiwanman0610 View Post
    Ok, I think I figured out a loophole (Is that the word?) to post for now. If anyone could see this, basically, what you do is that you have to first log out of our account. Then, I think you should be able to view threads like it is. After, to reply to a thread, just click "Reply the Quote" on one of the posts, then it would ask you to login. After you log in, you should be able to reply to threads, that is, if this reply works.

I'm also doing this on IE, if that makes a difference.
    I was wondering how Kiwi was managing to run around posting everywhere. Thanks.

For the longest time I was also wondering what was actually written in SNF's topic post, since the title basically said everything. Haha.
    Good luck with the bug fixing!
    ~Graphically Minded~

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

jryanm's on the IRC and he figured out the problem, through a Google search and also learning that we can make posts like this

there's a broken index.php in the server files, meaning someone who has access to the server-side of the forums needs to reupload said index.php

so once either TB or Kisai (the admin from Keenspot) do that, since they're the two who can actually do that, the forums SHOULD be fixed.

that said, jry said this fix came from a 2011 vBulletin fix thread so there might be more to it, but ideally this will be all that needs to happen

thanks josh
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

alternatively, find the topic you want to post in, and click on the button that takes you to the most recent post. the page will be blank, but the url remains normal! copy the post number from the url.

then, simply paste the number at the end of this:
    brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=

and put it in the address bar. voila! quicker than logging out each time, right?

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfice View Post
    jryanm's on the IRC and he figured out the problem, through a Google search and also learning that we can make posts like this

there's a broken index.php in the server files, meaning someone who has access to the server-side of the forums needs to reupload said index.php

so once either TB or Kisai (the admin from Keenspot) do that, since they're the two who can actually do that, the forums SHOULD be fixed.

that said, jry said this fix came from a 2011 vBulletin fix thread so there might be more to it, but ideally this will be all that needs to happen

thanks josh
    Well, that's of relatively good news. At least there's somewhere to go from.

I am fairly certain that from this day onwards, Kiwi shall be known as a wizard. Perhaps even a Wizard…of Chaos!

Seriously now, someone should probably PM those instructions to TB or something. Non-functional forums are non-fun.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    I am fairly certain that from this day onwards, Kiwi shall be known as a wizard. Perhaps even a Wizard…of Chaos!

Seriously now, someone should probably PM those instructions to TB or something. Non-functional forums are non-fun.
    Don't you mean... non-functional forums. Ahhahahahah, I'm a riot.

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Of course, it's a great time for Bun to be on a break (a mercifully short one, at least). And good luck contacting the other guy; he's got no contact info and he hasn't been here in years.

We just may be out for a while, but at least I'm posting here while it's still cool.

Was I supposed to put my user title here? Scraggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post

We all know Kiwi is a witch, with his black magic, discovering all these hidden tricks before anyone else.

At least this is a temporary fix, though it is inconvenient to go to the archives to view any thread, because I'm too lazy to log out.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

I guess having a Tumblr is a thing now.

I'm on board with forever being known as Grand Chaos Wizard.

And yeah, this is a band-aid solution. If this fiasco lasts longer than a week though it'll be a serious detriment to the forum as a whole. Why don't we have more active admins?

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Well this sucks. Those poor new members who just joined... well, I guess I'll just wait for this to get fixed. Damn index.php errors. D:<

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Well this sucks. Those poor new members who just joined... well, I guess I'll just wait for this to get fixed. Damn index.php errors. <
    Well we have this awesome trick! Now to tell it...
    TO THE WORLD.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

What a time for this to happen, eh? At least we have strange loopholes to exploit.
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

I got in!

The trick works.
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Weird how the What's New button is also missing as well.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Kiwi you might not want to go with a title that says "Grand Wizard" in it, I mean it's got a pretty unfortunate real world association... let's just say that if you were the Grand Wizard we'd be better off calling you KingKaosKiwi.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

That was something I did not foresee. Good catch, Boalt. Instead, call me... Chaos Lord? King of Chaos? I'm open to suggestions.

I still stand by my stance that Kiwi's a witch. I mean, he said so himself. I nominate Overlord Kiwi the Benevolent as his title.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeby View Post
    Weird how the What's New button is also missing as well.
    That's been gone for a while, ever since the update with the Recent Activity tab or whatever it's called. Some themes, like Caterpillar in the Family, still have it though. I just use the New Posts button instead.

The Villager of Death

The Completely perfect in every way bitforums had an error?!?!? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

You see the forum is punishing us for taking quick posting for granted. Now we have to wait about a week before the curse will be lifted by the Great TriforceBun.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

A curse... or a blessing? We few who know this secret can rule this forum like kings!
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelHobo View Post
    A curse... or a blessing? We few who know this secret can rule this forum like kings!
    I'd say curse. Logging on and off gets pretty tedious after a while.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Quote Originally Posted by OshaliteX2 View Post
    I'd say curse. Logging on and off gets pretty tedious after a while.
    I just have one tab for archives, one for viewing the forum, and another for posting using Kiwi's link. It's not too hard that way.

Thread Information