Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aperture Science Realtime Testing Cubes

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Aperture Science Realtime Testing Cubes

*Tap Tap*

"Hello? Is this thing on? Yes? No? No? Greg, fix this thing STAT." *Tap Tap Tap*

"We good now? Okay. Chariot, chariot.
    Hello, I'm Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science.

Now you may be asking yourself: 'Cave, what on Earth am I doing here? Why am I not still sleeping in my bed? How did I even get here?'

Well my friends, the secrets behind our new teleportation technology would just confuse you, as would the formula to our gas serums. So instead of answering your silly questions, let's get right down to it.

The subject today is Science. What kind of Science? The exciting kind of course! Now if any of you are familiar with our top-secret reports regarding scientific business of the past few decades, you will know that our portal gun technology has worked flawlessly- What Greg? ... Oh- Maybe not completely flawlessly, but well enough to work without major disappointment. Couldn't fit a coffee maker on the darn thing, but maybe next time.

Anyway, portal gun technology works. End of that discussion. But that got me thinking. I asked myself "Cave, what should you work on next?" I promptly replied "Lemons! Combustible Lemons!" "But Cave ol' chap, that will take time." "You're right Cave. Get to work on those right away!" "You got it Cave, you dashing-"

*Microphone shuffling around* "-No Greg, I don't always- I never- Hand puppets work perfectly to show my emotions! ... All right all right.

Sorry about that. Where was I- ah yes.

You nine are here today to test our intermediary testing facilities. Yes, that's right: intermediary. Aperture Science is moving to a new location and this is it! Well, not quite yet; the lab boys need to finish moping up the water left over from all the plutonium we had stored here last year.

But while they are doing that, each of you nine have earned the privilege to be the first to test in our new facilities. I have decided to cleverly name these new tests the Aperture Science Realtime Testing Cubes.

'But Cave! There is only one of me in this otherwise white box of a room!' That's right, space cadet: each of the nine of you has been give a separate room to test in. Each room is connected somehow, but the lab boys failed to tell me how, so that part you'll have to find on your own. As for how you will accomplish this though, look no further.

Each of your rooms contain an Aperture Science Portable Quantum Tunneling Device. You those of you who missed the tutorial on how they work because you were being sissy-pants crybabies during your teleportation here, I will re-inform you:

Step 1: Put it on your arm.
    Step 2: Push the one button to fire it.
    Step 2.5: Push the other button to fire it the other way.
    Step 3: Science!"

*Papers rustling* "Let me see here: welcoming statements, location, tests, portal gun instructions ... Anything else?" *Muffled murmurers*

"My assistant Greg has reminded me that I haven't yet stated the goal of sticking nine test subjects into highly expensive work areas.

The goal of our tests and any subsequent tests to follow as we think of more things to do while you're all trapped here and as we continue to bring in additional testing equipment from the old parts of the lab is to simply run through the compatibility of the Realtime Testing Cubes. As I stated, each one of you is in a Realtime Testing Cube. Alone.

The kicker to these tests is that our Realtime Testing Cubes simulate an environment based off of the personality test each of you signed up for last month. Totally legally of course.

So, grab your standard issue Aperture Science Portable Quantum Tunneling Device and step into the environment soon to be rendered by the Aperture Science Realtime Testing Cubes.

Oh, and any of you think you see water and decide 'I am going to drink the HECK out of this water,' don't. The boys tell me that all water rendered by the Realtime Testing Cubes is actually a product of us mashing together our relatively new gel products on the floors wedged in between your Realtime Testing Cubes. Those gels are lively and have a way with unprotected organic materials. Then again, if you're still asleep by the time I finish talking, we will have already taken care of your organic fleshiness, so don't worry. Or do."

*More papers* "Now, the lab boys want me to remind you all that there will be a celebratory cake at the end of these tests. *Loud buzzer going off* Ha, I got you all! See, even Greg thought that was funny. We would have cake for you if someone hadn't bought a whole shipment of moon rocks from the moon. Though that was a horrible idea myself." *Buzzer going off*

"Anyway, happy testing! Cave Johnson, we're done here." *PA system shutting off*

Spoiler: Cave's Recap Notes for those who were too bothered to wake up 

Spoiler: A Note from the Lab Boys 

Spoiler: A Note from Greg 

Spoiler: Character List 
    Last edited by Pikanator; April 20th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Re: Aperture Science Realtime Testing Cubes

Nine lights flickered on in nine rooms. The various forms of nine separate people in these nine rooms lay asleep on the floor beneath each separate light. Far off from each room, the sounds of shifting panes could be heard.

Each individual slowly began the process of awakening in their own, various speeds. The small room before them consisted of a crate and a door. Between the two was a two-tiered step system that was too large to jump up and scramble up onto. Directly behind each person was a Aperture Science brand Quantum Tunneling Device sitting peacefully on a pedestal, powered up and ready to go.

On the right wall beside each person was a large monitor. As the rooms and the people within each room began to awaken, these monitors too flashed to life. Inscribed on each read the following:
    Room #1
    Grab Test
    With the Quantum Tunneling Device, pick up the box in front of you and proceed up and out of this room into Antechamber #2. Good Luck.

Each room continued to power on and more lights flashed on. Each separate room appeared to made out of black tiles, so climbing the boxes appeared to be the only way forward.

A cold, flat male's voice rang out through the PA system of each room. "Cross-check complete. All room are a go. Good luck testers."
    The PA shut off, leaving each person alone with his or her thoughts and/or dreams.

((Welcome to the Cubes! Each room will be set up for the various RPer as soon as they get to the corresponding areas. There are two 'Antechambers', the first as you see is grabbing test. Play along before the fun begins. Chao!))
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Sleep. It was man's nature to rest. And who better to do it than he. Of course, there were more important things. Like the internet, but that could wait. What was the topic. Oh yeah, sleep. It was a humble thing, so silent, or maybe the occasional snorer, but that would not distract him from such a majestic place. Sleep was the place of dreams, the zone of sleep, maybe even the pseudo-death. Silence, nothing. Ok, now the sunlight was starting to hurt the eyes. Alecks was sure he closed the blinds. No matter, sunlight wouldn't distract his sleep. The a gentle breeze passed by. Seriously, I turned off the dang fan.... His nose began itching which shouldn't really happen. There was a certain disturbance which he could feel close by.... GAH, WHAT THE FLIP?! He woke up to see himself inside the testing room. "Great, the work has officially started..." First thing was first, he grabbed the glove and placed it on his arm. It was somewhat heavy, but nothing that Alecks couldnt hold. He saw the so called steps, and realized he couldnt climb them. Im assuming thats what this glove is for.... However, a single crate stood alone. He could just as easily climb onto the crate and make his own, more accessible steps. I guess Ill know within good time...
    Last edited by SuperMii3D; May 1st, 2014 at 07:14 AM.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

((Please note that this is my first RP and I have no idea what I am doing.))

The sound of peaceful, relaxing music slowly drifts over a sleeping form…
    "Mmphrg. Fi'e mo' minutes, ma!", mutters the mass. The music continues, insensitive to the request made of it. The sleeper rolls over and continues dozing. The bed's sensors, noting that its ocupant has used his allotted sleeping time, send a signal to the cube's computer systems: Activate Alarm.

Screaming, the young man falls from his bed to the cold, sterile floor. Doctor Robotski quickly untangles himself from the sheets and stands, fully dressed and ready to take on any and all Science in body, if not in mind.

"Urgh…where am I? Oh. That's right. The Cube.", he says, looking over his stark black environs. "Well, I suppose it's time to get started!"

((Please send me a VM if I'm terrible, or if you have any other thoughts! I'm fairly certain I used those quotes incorrectly.))
    Last edited by SockOutTheWindow; May 1st, 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Fixed the color of the room
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Somewhere between existence and non-existence.

Shen had woken up hours ago, and the brunt of the surprise was over. He lay looking at the ceiling, wondering what was going on.
    The screen came on. Looking with blurry eyes at it, he decided to go pick up the tunneling device and try it out.
    He got up but hesitated. Should I really do this? What if I do something wrong? He decides to wait until further notice.
    Am I doing this right? This is also my first RP.
    Spoiler: HAIL OMNICARP 

Spoiler: Totally me! 

As soon as Jason awakened, he realized where he was. Aperture Science, his OWN company's rival. After looking around a bit, he noted a large panel and gun on the wall. The wall said to pick up the box in front of him using the "Quantum Tunneling Device". Oh, thought Jason, that must be what the gun is. He stood up and... wait. Stood up? According to what he thought, he had been paralyzed from the waist down because of a headcrab accident. He looked down and saw that...

Oh snap!

He apperently now had a pair of robotic legs. He didn't want to have working legs! But it looked like he'd have to deal with it.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

*yawn*
    Rayne awoke with a start...kind of. He sat up quickly to realize his surroundings and look at the time, if any clocks were available, read the notice, and look at the device behind him. He then lied back down and said "Half an hour more, maybe a quarter. Why is my leg wet? Wait...oh no, of all days!" He got up almost instantly. "If there's anyone or anything to respond, please tell me if there's a bathroom and new uniform nearby!" The screen changed to "...up and out of this room and into a Test Subject Comfort* Allowance room, followed by Antechamber #2... *Comfort is defined here as an external variable to testing. If it is not ideal, it may cause data to deviate from what was originally calculated." "Thank you. Better get there, then..." He picked up the "ash-pee-dee", he joked. He fired two portals onto black tiles before finding the tertiary trigger for picking stuff up. He then moved the block, tossed the gun up the ledge, climbed up, grabbed it, and proceeded to use the materials given to him to prepare himself for further testing.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

((Should probably complete the test, huh?))

Doctor Robotski walked up to the Quantum Tunneling Device and picked it up, the Device sliding effortlessly over his arm. The pedestal, its job completed, quickly retracted back into the floor.

Robotski walked up to the cube and squeezed the handle, the zero-point energy field manipulator allowing him to lift it as if it weighed nothing. He was impressed by this power, but didn't feel a need to speak his thoughts. His moment of reverie over, he moved the cube next to the stair and scrambled atop it, then pulled the cube onto the ledge and climbed again.

Looking down from his perch, the Doctor smiled smugly at the test he had completed, then turned around and walked out the door.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!