Thread: The Seven Kingdoms: Graces at War

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

The Seven Kingdoms: Graces at War

Long ago, in an era long forgotten...
    There were Seven Kingdoms, formed by Seven Siblings who were able to rule their kingdoms. No one warred, not even when the rulers disputed. These siblings had created a perfect land.
    However, the family love had soon vanished, and any trace of the brotherly love had all but vanished. Estill, Nander, and Wester, the eastern, northern, and southernmost kingdoms respectively, were constantly warring with each other. Sunder, the southernmost kingdom, had been reduced to something of a kingdom of theives, with the king causing trouble in the kingdoms with naught but a bit of gold. The king of the Middluns was a total bully to his people, once relying on a Graceling killer to do his jobs. It was a wonder how Lienid and Monsea managed to stay unwarring and isolated, considering each kingdom held trade with each other year-round, the latter kingdoms especially.
    In these Seven Kingdoms were people called Gracelings, people who could preform feats normal men could not, and each Grace was unique to a Graceling. Astonishing accuracy with a bow. Mind reading. Exceptional sword and hand-to-hand combat. Extraordinary senses, to the point of seeing one's surroundings without looking. Manipulating one's mind through rumors and lies. No two Graces were alike. Many of the kings have a Graced staff of some sort, with the exception of Lienid where the Gracelings could lead their own lives. Some were considered relatively useless, and those Gracelings were also free. All Gracelings are indicated by mismatched eye colors.
    In these kingdoms was a Council. The Council based its secret operations in the Middluns, leaded by the Middlun Prince and the Lady Killer, as well as the Middlun King's greatest spy and confidant. The Council was against wrongdoing, and if there were any word of a misdeed someplace or another, a Council sympathiser would contact the Council and missions would be carried out.
    Later on, another council would form. This council would rebel against Gracelings becoming slaves of royal levels. This council would endanger the six kingdoms that enslaved the Gracelings.
    This council would be called the Graceling Rebellion. And this council would attempt to rule the six mainland kingdoms.
    And the Council would discover the Rebellion and try to stop it.
    Spoiler: Overline 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Sign-Up Sheet 

Spoiler: A Map of the Seven Kingdoms 

Spoiler: Approved people 

Mod Approvals: 0
    Dynawing:
    Lenore:
    Last edited by Koopario; April 20th, 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Some edits.

Somewhere between existence and non-existence.

Re: The Seven Kingdoms: Graces at War

I like it!
    Can you VM me when sign ups open so I don't forget?
    Thanks!
    Spoiler: HAIL OMNICARP 

Spoiler: Totally me! 

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Spoiler: Just leaving this here until this rp is approved 
    Last edited by SuperMii3D; April 15th, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

its an interesting concept, but i'm a little confused. so gracelings are slaves? if you can iron out the slightly convoluted lore, i'll be totally on board!
    also, how big do you want this rp to be? especially since you want to essentially allow two or three (or more, depending on neutral) factions, yeah.

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

Spoiler: Hmm... Where did I put that form... Oh, wait! It's here! 
    Last edited by Asphoxia; April 17th, 2014 at 04:49 AM.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

First, I'll probably allow 2-3 players per faction, or simply 8 if the factions are unbalanced.
    Also, TECHNICALLY not all Gracelings are slaves, but useful Gracelings are in fact taken away from their families to work for the kings of the mainland kingdoms. Lienid does not do this, and I imagine a good portion of the Rebellion will be from Lienid in application.
    Not that I'm saying the Council is the evil side, no! The Council agrees Gracelings shouldn't have to be taken away from their families, but they can't take on large-scale missions without losing their secrecy. And the Council would find a way to solve the problem nonviolently--the Rebellion aims to take over the six mainland kingdoms, and the Council would aim to solve the problem diplomatically, as to maintain what passes for peace in the Kingdoms.

Also, SuperMii, I only have a couple problems with your application:
    1. You say Axel is Graced, but a Grace like his would definitely be used by one of the kings excluding Lienid's.
    2. Gracelings are identified by mismatching eye colors. Are there different shades of brown...?
    3. Axel is trying to kill his father...? I'm confused.
    Besides that, you're fine.
    Also, Asphoxia...
    1. Like I said, this RP takes place
    long after the events of Bitterblue
    so the whole Graceling-slave thing in Monsea might change.
    2. The Grace is a *bit* too overpowered. If Abyss were to be persuaded then the opposition loses its Radio Silence. So...yeah. Sorry.
    I hate to make you rethink the bio, but...come on.

EDIT: If it comes down to 8 players I'll probably join in too. Should I put my example up?
    Last edited by Koopario; April 15th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Koopario View Post
    Also, SuperMii, I only have a couple problems with your application:
    1. You say Axel is Graced, but a Grace like his would definitely be used by one of the kings excluding Lienid's.
    2. Gracelings are identified by mismatching eye colors. Are there different shades of brown...?
    3. Axel is trying to kill his father...? I'm confused.
    Besides that, you're fine.
    1. Oh yeah, let me edit my background.
    2. Also has been edited.
    3. Yes, he must do so to reunite with his mom and sister.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

So I guess Axel broke free of the king, then. Fair enough!
    Axel (SuperMii3D): APPROVED

...join what party? And I'm kinda hoping everyone will be a bit involved. I kinda see no reason the Grace should go to waste, and a Grace like that? Defintely useful for a king. Nander or Estill or even Wester probably would have found Nathaniel by now and taken him in. Does he hide his Grace?

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

So since this takes place after the events of Bitterblue, I'm assuming that it's optional for Graced to work at the palace in Monsea? If so, I fixed the Grace (hopefully).
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

Hm. Well, both apps seem fine now.
    Just one problem: we don't have anyone for the Rebellion OR the Council yet.
    I'm blocking any more neutral apps for now because come on guys we can't ALL be neutral.
    Nathaniel (Awesomeoshawott87)
    APPROVED
    Abyss Clockworker (Asphoxia)
    APPROVED

I hope you guys understand.

Name: What is my name? Oh yes, Sara Singerson
    Grace: Ungraced.
    Faction: Council, decided it was the best choice to help them, seeing as how the rebellion would FAIL. MISERABLY.
    Bio: Estill, horrible memory. She can't even remember her backstory. Very impulsive.
    I bet I'm gonna have to flesh a bit out but I gotta go.
    Last edited by Anagalmeshshu; April 19th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Okay, I'm sorry but that Grace is way too overpowered to a) not be used for Estill's King and b) be in this RP anyway because SHE'S BASICALLY A HYPNOTIST!
    Also I need spelling corrections.

I made myself ungraced.

...mmh. Alright.
    Sara Singerson (Anagelmeshushu)
    APPROVED
    like, barely

Haha my apps are horrible you wait and see.

Welp, no use having just 8 players, most being f***ing neutral...
    Spoiler: Now why not get some royalty in? 

So yeah.
    Last edited by Koopario; April 20th, 2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: K, Sign up sheet 2.0 is used now

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

I think thigns are fine for the most part. The map explains some of the setting, but it wouldn't hurt to describe some of the kingdoms beyond their location.

However, while I usually just look at the main idea, I can't help but take issue with the sign-up sheet and some of the sign-ups here. I know you've approved everyone so far, but I really think that the form is too bare. There should be a place for people to describe the character's appearance, at the least, and given how abstract or wildly powerful Graces can potentially be (as far as I can tell) I think you should encourage some details and explanations for each applicants' powers.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling out some of you guys specifically, but the rather short sign-up sheet probably has something to do with it. I'm just going to push that said sheet needs expansion and applications reworked. Detailing more on the setting will let people have more to work with regarding character backgrounds as well.

Just edited the sign-up sheet and gave some info about the kingdoms. It can be found with the map.
    Everyone who sent an app and got approved, I'm afraid I must ask you to also use the new sheet. All I really need at the moment is a description of your character's appearance, and maybe a bit more bio, some more than others. Once you are done, let me know, I'll look it over, and I'll let you know.

Potatos and stuff Awsomeoshawott87's Avatar
    The land of the brave and the home of the free.

After thinking for a while I've decided to cancel my old character and make a new one. I have deleted all records of him and I advise others to do the same.

Name: William
    Grace: None
    Personality: William is a quiet, nice introvert. He is incredibly smart for his young age and is not afraid to rub it your face. He sees himself as the best and smartest person in the world. Although he is smart he still has the maturity of someone his age. He often takes on challenges and fails to admit defeat. (A pro and a con.) He can be selfish at times and almost always chooses the option that profits himself most.
    Faction: council
    Appearance: he is somewhat skinny with brown hair and green eyes.
    Bio: William was considered a prodigy ever science he was little. His near perfect memory and his hunger of knowledge led him to becoming quite the author. He has written many books and encyclopedias that are used as common resources to scholars. However this fame caused the many of the kingdoms to ask of his service. Under immense pressure to choose a kingdom he vanished from public view. He currently uses his fortune earned from his works to build a private estate away from the public eye. He favors the council because he thinks the graced minority does not represent the concerns of the people. He also fears the graces rise to power will make the non graced a second class citizen.
    Last edited by Awsomeoshawott87; April 1st, 2015 at 07:43 PM.

I think the closest to "away from public eye" would be Lienid's wilderness or something. Not exactly too many places away from the public eye in the Kingdoms besides the mountains. Not sure anyone would want to live there. Care to elaborate?

Potatos and stuff Awsomeoshawott87's Avatar
    The land of the brave and the home of the free.

Probably on the Monsea countryside. Probably acting as a figurative feudal Lord to the surrounding villages. (Obviosly he does not collect taxes or anything he is just that rich guy down the road.)

Thread Information