Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epilogue

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Re: Epilogue

"Well, storyteller," Maj began again, "I think it's very clear by the lack of any common thread between us that we are all from different world, dimensions as my brother put it, I wish I had paid more attention to his rants now, the point being this: If we do come from different dimensions then the difference between them would be astronomical, differences in human biology, completely different pantheons, or lack of pantheons in some cases. I do not think that it would be fair to judge one another based on the status quo of our own homes."

"That being said, I would like to," she let out a cough, "formally apologize to you Blue Wonder for being curt on the subject of your mask, it will take some practice not to get angry at it, but I understand that it is not your fault."

"As for you, on what a god is, I-" Maj began to look around, she couldn't quite find who had asked her the question, "I, uh-" she glanced down and finally noticed Graham, and her eyes lit up,
    "Oh my!" She picked him up, potentially against his will, "A tiny automaton, you are adorable! Tell me, who is your creator!" she said, completely ignoring his original question.
    Last edited by TheMightyBox; March 12th, 2014 at 05:15 PM.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

"I uhh.....creator?" Graham was just totally confused on what Maj was talking about. "Mu my...parents? Wait.....was I created? You know what? I never really opened on the subject of my birth. To be clear of what I am saying, Maj is it? It's that I do not know. And uh, please to meet you. Now if you could put me down...you can answer my question." Graham felt a little uncomfortable since he's really never been called "adorable." He began once more, "Also, I am not an automaton, I am a class #326 Bomb-Omb, a race of bomb-like people who generally live in cold environments and self-destruct themselves in self-defense." He then awaited to be released.
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

((I didn't mean for the glazards to be a wierd mass thing, I just meant that they were piled on top of each other asleep and couldn't be recognized as lizards from the ground. As of now, if I've read everything correctly, there is just one giant green glazard asleep over there, since Lightning woke up and went to Drake. Sorry for the confusion, I really should have just elaborated in the OP.))

Meanwhile, our favorite man of mystery was still jumping around stupidly because he'd failed to consider that the roof itself might have defenses in his haste to get there. He quickly dodged behind an AC unit as the turret turned to fire at him. Looking in his pack, he realized he only had two EMP grenades left. It would be a shame to have to spend one on such an avoidable situation, but he only had a few seconds before the turret tore the AC to shreds. He lobbed a grenade, and within seconds, the turret had deactivated. The man ran up and tore off its motion sensor to ensure it wouldn't be getting back up before examining his surroundings. It would take his less stealthy pursuers longer to get through the maze of defenses than he had, but it wouldn't hold them off for long. At the very least he had a few minutes to rest and plan his next move.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Elluka's bumping into him cause Ichabod to let out a small grunt. He looked down at the girl, letting out a sharp exhale of irritation, and said with in a quiet, bitter voice, "Watch where you're going, okay?" Without another word, he turned back to face the group, continuing to listen in on the conversation involving the others around him. He had to concentrate, how could he use these pawns to the best of his ability? None of them seemed overly intelligent enough to create a way back to everyone's respective homes, so a quick and easy solution was obviously off the table. No one seems to know of a way, either, so they had no leads. What a mess. His brow furrowed, thinking about what sort of force would drag such a bizarre group of individuals together at such a place. From what it seemed, it wasn't just them, however, as they were in the... "hangar," as it was called by the man who had first said something to him, "Eli" was it?

So busy was Ichabod in his thoughts that he didn't immediately realize that Sarah had revealed herself to Elluka, and that the young girl spoke an apology, "S-sorry about Ichabod, he's just a bit concerned about the current situation, you know?"

When Ichabod finally realized what was happening, his face turned sour immediately. Clenching his fists tightly, he looked angrily at Sarah, but remained silent, lest he bring attention upon himself. Forcing himself to keep a blank face, he returned his attention to the group speaking, trying to ignore the fact that Sarah had made herself visible to someone else. Unruly brat, he thought.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

"Is that so?" Maj didn't appear to be listening all that intently. She was cautiously turning Graham around and about, examining him from all angles. "I didn't realize that machines like you could carry the biological functions needed to reproduce. I'd love to study you closer. But I am sorry, you small mechanism you. You see, a god, or at least a god as I know them, is a being of higher power that controls a single dominion over a race of people or the world. For instance, I am change, and I make sure the seasons progress as they're supposed to, that the sun and moon rise and set on time, and that all people age. My brother controls death, and he guides people to the realm of the afterlife as well as keeping an eye on nearby parallel dimensions."

At this point, seemingly satisfied with her overview of the creature, she gently set him back down on the ground.

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

"Ah I see. Thank you for shedding light on my shadowed thoughts. And I admire your study of mechanical beings. So, back to this..'god' its you that changes from spring to summer to autumn to winter? That's amazing! Why as a god you can do what you desire then?" Graham's eyes opened up and sparkled "Then that means infinite creation!" His goggles fog up at the thought. Then they were automatically cleaned by another invention of his. He recollected himself and said, "Ah forgive me Maj and the others, for I have forgot to introduce myself since uh, I really never got the space to give my introduction. I am Graham Bell-Omb. I'm a really famous inventor from the Mushroom Kingdom, a place basically inhabited by human like people with mushrooms for heads. I know it sounds weird, but hey it's where I'm from. Not to be of worry this is not the first time I have ever seen a regular human. There is a princess in the kingdom named Peach who governs the kingdom. The other humans I've met are a couple of plumbers who are heroes of the kingdom, Mario and Luigi. Oooh yes, ah yes. It just seems odd to not be with them anymore. But basically a villain had conquered our world and well....all chaos broke loose. There wasn't much of us left and I found myself at the brink of depression. Originally I have a fuse on the top of my head, but it was removed so I couldn't defend myself, so thats why I have this cannon on the top...to hide away what's left of my pass."

He stopped and a tear came down his eye.... "That's my story, now I'm here with all of you." The tear dripped off and he again collected himself. "So with that out of the way I hope we may have a good partnership until this is over."
    Last edited by Vi; March 10th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

At first Elluka didn't know who had spoken. The voice had come from down low, like the...Bomb-Omb?'s had been. Looking down, it wasn't entirely unreasonable for her to expect another. However, a small girl was looking up at her, apologizing for the behavior of "Ichabod". From the context, Elluka guessed that Ichabod was the person that she'd just bumped into. Now Ichabod was glaring at the girl. Normally Elluka would stay back, lest she become a target for rage, but she felt she had to say something. Quickly making sure that the others were into their own conversation, she made eye contact with the girl, softly responding, "Yeah. I know. I'm guessing that we're all a bit stressed out in our own way." Hoping that her weird ways of using social skills had worked to other's expectations for once, she looked back to the conversation.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

"Hmm...I suppose I should have realized sooner you weren't connected to any of the Daedric Princes, seeing as you say your dominion is change. And you definitely do not look like someone who'd be involved with Mehrunes Dagon," Filimir said, shrugging his shoulders. "Seeing as none of you can use the information against me, I suppose I'll share. The name is Filimir, third Speaker in the Valenwood branch of the Dark Brotherhood. My specialties are archery, covert operations, and poison-making, and I have the ability to throw my voice with the power of my Thu'um, thanks to being a Dragonborn. And as soon as we all go our separate ways, if it's possible, you are all free to hire me for any of your assassination needs," he said, laughing.

"Of course, you'll still be paying a handsome price, but I'll give you discounts, I suppose."
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

((Further discussion has revealed that there are, in fact, two glazards in the pile. Otherwise, nothing to see here, carry on.))

The mysterious man proceeded towards the door that led down to the main room of the hangar. With any luck, he'd have plenty of time to-
    "There he is!"
    He really needed to stop thinking things like that.
    The man considered his options. Between everything he had on him (two shotguns, one grappling gun, one EMP grenade, one machete, some assorted tools, and loads of ammo and jerky), there was nothing he could reliably outgun them at range with. His only option here was to make a go at the door. The EMP grenade had landed close enough to the door to disable its electronic lock, but it was still deadbolted firmly closed. The man fired a few shots at the lock and began to bash away at it with the gun.

Before the other 2 could introduce themselves to the group, Drake started hearing the sounds of gunfire coming from what appeared to be the main hangar doors. Thinking fast he ran to the door and started to charge up a large amount of plasma energy, he then heard a bashing noise accompanying the gunfire, "Someone is in trouble and I need to act fast." He thought as he drew his sword and channeled the energy into it "Stop bashing and move back, I don't want to stab you." he said as he stabbed directly at the door, but away from the bashing so as not to harm whoever was in trouble. He was slowly melting and cutting through the metal, but it wasn't going fast enough "I am going to need some help over here, we need to get this door open and then take out the enemy or else whoever is on the other side of this door is dead, and then we will be next!" He yelled back towards the group without looking, he hoped that at least one of them might help, he could get through the door alone of course, but he was running out of time and he was only halfway done cutting out an entryway.

"Move." Maj commanded, shoving Drake out of the way before he could comply.

She placed both her palms on the door and gave a look of absolute concentration. She began pulling back and a man sized hole began to seperate from the door's frame like putty. Noticing the irregularity, she grunted and started pulling again, this time with a seamless cut. Pulling the slab of door from it's frame, she tossed it to the floor, and then cautiously stepped on it, peering at the man revealed to have been behind it.

"Make your case, mortal." she said. "From the sound of it you don't have much time left."

"Why are you letting him in?" asked Ichabod, the first words to come out of his mouth that was aimed at the rest of the group, "It would have been much better to not involve ourselves when he's being pursued. Especially since those after him have firearms, hm?" With a sigh, he shook his head, "You lot are an impulsive bunch, at this rate, we'll be the undoing of ourselves." He shrugged, and walked towards the looming VEKE unit, putting both distance and obstacles between himself at the doors, where those who were chasing the new arrival would likely be bursting in from. Looking at the group, forcing a calm look on his face, he opened his satchel, and took out several knives from within, then stated, "Hopefully, I won't have to use these to defend myself from whomever, or whatever, you guys let in."

Leaning against the VEKE unit, he thought to himself, Idiots! Hopefully they can keep their foolishness in check while we try to get out of this place. They'll need to be led, but I can do that from the shadows, whether they know it or not. It's of no real consequence to me, either way.

"Are we helping this fellow out?" Graham quickly stated after viewing what was going on. "I'm not well equipped. I do have my Hard Boots which are pretty tough, but I'm out of ammo for my cannon on top. I'm also assuming that there was no 650 BB shells anywhere here." He then started to look around for Bullet Bill ammo. "There seems to be nothing over here, or over here. You guys can deal with the situation while I find some ammo. If I can find some I will be able to bust their bottoms out with a wallop of explosions!"

Still having no luck in finding any he returned back to the group. "Well....My disappointing news is that I didn't find any. So I suppose any of you have a plan? For I have ran out of ideas but to go with the group. Isn't it a shame though? Me being the smart one and not having a plan. Ooh my parents would hate to see me like this...." He kept rambling on. Don't worry so much about Graham, he's just going to follow up with whatever the group is doing.

"Keep calm, mortals. If the man has a poor explanation then I will simply bash his head in and the assailants will disperse with no target. If the man has a quality explanation, then I will simply stop his assailants and we will get to know the man like we have each other. You are all getting worked up over nothing, I'd chastise you more if it wasn't so typical for people with a max of 90 years." Maj gave a short chuckle at her own quip, or at least what she and only she would call a quip. "Not including you of course, my little automaton."

Turning back to the mysterious figure, energy began to gather in Maj's foot in preparation for whatever he gave as explanation.

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Doc stood relatively behind Maj. Although he had been a soldier at one point in his life, he doubted too many of those trainings would do him any good in his older age. He didn't even have his invention in working order, so he would be of little help to the group as a whole. He did have his trusty saw, but even that wouldn't be too much of a use against a ranged foe, such as the one he suspected was outside the door.

"Ask him if he knows ein way out of here, Maj. I may not remember vhat I vas doing before I arrived here, but I zuspect it vas zomeszing of minor importance and of great enjoyment, and I'd raszer like to be getting back to it now." Doc shuffled his feet a little. While he didn't mind being with such an unorthodox group, he really did need to be getting back to ... whatever he had been doing before he had come to this VEKE base.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Blue Wonder watched the proceedings going on in front of the door with a cautious eye. Maj certainly didn't want for self-esteem, but how much of it was bluff and how much was warranted? Judging from the effortless way she had sliced open that door, she clearly had skills. Definitely a changed, or whatever her universe's equivalent happened to be.

Nodding, he decided that the situation was currently under control, and approached Mr. Bloom. "Excuse me, sir. You said this was VEKE Headquarters. Would you mind expanding on that explanation? Is this an American base? Are we in any immediate threat?" He paused, weighing the wisdom of his next question and ultimately deciding it was worth asking, even if it sounded incredibly dense. "What... what year is it?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

"There will be no need to defend yourselves, at least not right away." Drake said as he stepped in front of the hole and created an energy shield around him to block off any bullets, "Also you may think I am impulsive, but where I am from, impulse is a necessity and has kept me alive for many years, regardless you have yet to introduce yourself, now before you talk smack I suggest you do so." Drake then focused towards maintaining the shield "Now this is much easier than cutting through solid metal." he thought to himself and then turned to look at the new member of the group "Greetings, I am Drake Stanton, who are you and are you wounded?".

"I see no reason to give my name to someone who gets his nose in the business of others, simply because he heard gun shots," sneered Ichabod, his anger peaking through his attempted placidity as he glared at Drake. "You might have a hero complex, but I prefer living. I don't about anyone else here, but you're just being totally and utterly reckless." Folding his arms, he leaned against the large foot of the VEKE unit, clearly not willing to let himself be swayed.

Sarah looked at the rest of the group for a moment. She couldn't say she didn't understand why they were so willing to help the newcomer, but she couldn't help but agree that it was a bit strange that he was being chased. Her child mind was unable to yet determine many gray areas of the moral scale, so she figured that the fact this man was being chased by so many was that he had done something wrong. This seemed reasonable, currently, as she knew nothing about whatever situation the man was coming from. Of course, she looked at Ichabod with a slight frown, as she never liked when he was being a "big meanie," as she, in her childish manners, would call it.

Ichabod noticed the frown, and sighed. He whispered, "If they start a conflict, and it's inevitable to fight anyone, I'll do my best to keep these dolts unharmed." Seeing that Sarah returned a small smile, he straightened, and kept a close eye on the opening in the wall that led outside. Of course, he was lying when he said that, but above all else, he needed to keep Sarah, at least, on his side.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Venox was taken aback by how welcoming the humans were. It had been such a long time since he was part of a group, he almost felt pleased with himself. However, they all seemed to run off when the sounds of gunfire came from somewhere. All that was left by the foot were two humans, a male and a very small female. They didn't introduce themselves, maybe they didn't get the chance?

He started to approach them, but seemed to realise something halfway. The older male seemed to be rather hostile. He is with a child, so he could be defending his child? However, the male doesn't seem to consider the child as much as if he was the parent. Venox would have to be cautious approaching him.

Stopping around twice the male's arm length, Venox made a small, singular wave as he made three clicks. That shouldn't cause the male to react too badly. He then crouched down, making himself roughly the same height as the girl, before making a similar wave in her direction. He whirred for a bit, an then the eyeball darted to look at the older male, before going back to the girl. Venox didn't want to get attacked by the older one for trying to be friendly.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

((Guys, he's breaking in from the door that leads to the roof, not the main one. Doesn't change much, but just letting y'all know so we don't run into logistical problems later.))

WOAH AAUGH
    Suddenly, the door burst open, and a dozen conflicting voices began to yell all at once. From what the man could tell, they all wanted to know who he was and what he was doing there- which likely meant they were new here, since a more experienced gang would have shot him on sight and left those questions to the coroner.
    "Well, neither I nor any of us have much time, so here's the short version: You've all just arrived in what the locals call 'the Graveyard,' a place where a bunch of different universes converge. Real dangerous place, rope bridges over endless voids, vicious raiders, giant eldritch thing that sucks everything up, et cetera. I'd explain more, but I've inadvertently led a bunch of the aforementioned vicious raiders here, and they won't hesitate to kill us all if we don't fight back immediately." He paused for a moment. "Oh, and since you'd probably like my name... well, I've been called quite a few things in my time, and most of then aren't suitable for polite conversation." He smirked. "But most of the people who aren't trying to kill me call me Parallax. Pleased to meet ya."

((Yup, Parallax, my first RP character. I lacked the experience needed to play him well back in 2011, so I've decided to give him another chance here.))

((Interesting choice using a bad guy, everyone else's are neutral or good so this will be most interesting indeed.))
    "The Graveyard?" he thought to himself as he then focused in on the worlds converging, "What do you mean the worlds are converging? Is everyone who isn't here dead, are there survivors from any of these worlds?" Drake said to Parallax, but then he thought to himself that it was pointless to question him now seeing as they have a clear and obvious threat outside "Actually just wait until these guys are dead before you answer that." Drake said as he created 4 orbs of plasma and hurled 2 at one raider and the 2 more at another " it was then he noticed Lightning electrocuting a nearby raider killing him "Of course why wouldn't he just stay inside." He said to himself as he lunged over picked him up and turned invisible and hid behind cover. "3 down, who knows how many are left though" He said to himself "Feel free to join in whenever you want, I can't take them all on my own!" He shouted as another raider foolishly backed up next to him only to get a blade shoved into his head.
    ((I am assuming these raider use basic metal armor, if any at all, if there are any inconsistencies, please tell me.))