Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Epilogue

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Re: Epilogue

"Oh this is just my lucky day, it seems," Filimir said, drawing his bow and notching an arrow. "Now don't take it personally, Lieutenant, but I do believe you're the man I was looking for, seeing as you're a lieutenant and you sure as hell look like a Redguard to me. I was asked to poison you, but I actually ran out and was just on my way to extract some from cave spiders when I wound up here. So a simple arrow will have to do," he said, aiming squarely at Eli's chest and drawing.

"In the name of Sithis, our Unholy Father, the revered Night Mother, and the Valenwood branch of the Dark Brotherhood, I declare your life forfeit. What are your final words?"
    Last edited by Elfice; March 10th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Ichabod kept a straight face as Drake interrupted him, struggling to hide a look of irritation. As Drake walked away, toward the rest of the group, Ichabod turned his body to make sure the fool of a man wasn't going to be returning on a whim. Once he was sure of that, he turned, and continued walking toward the black mass, beginning to make out several shapes making up what he had originally thought of as one giant blob. As he continued walking, he let his calm mask drop, a look of disdain on his face. That man is a fool. Does he really expect this group to accomplish anything? They're bickering and squabbling like children, they need organization. I shall provide that, whether they want it or not! He clenched his hands, and continued stepping toward the mass.

Sarah looked nervously at the blob, and then raised her hands toward Ichabod. A soft, aqua-blue aura began emitting from around his legs. Ichabod, noticing this, looked at Sarah for a moment, and was about to say something, but then shook his head. He figured it would help if he could make a quick retreat, if need be.

"Oh, well, it's good to meet you, Maj was it?" He nodded in the direction of the hexagon's new passenger.

"In the name of Sithis, our Unholy Father, the revered Night Mother, and the Valenwood branch of the Dark Brotherhood, I declare your life forfeit. What are your final words?"
    Said some funny looking guy on the floor, pointing an Arrow at Eli for some reason.

"Uh, my final words? Does 'Please don't shoot me' count or can I have a bit more time to think it over?"

Filimir laughed at his target's request. "No, those aren't the last words befitting a man of your status. Besides, even if they were, you understand how we operate. Someone wanted you dead, and as the one who accepted the contract, it is my duty to fulfill that task. Granted, I don't like it when a wife is too much of a coward to kill her husband by herself in their own home, but when the pay is right, I'll turn a blind eye to it. And a last piece of advice - next time you hire yourself a few whores, it's generally safer to not bring them home with you."

He kept his bow steady and shifted his weight slightly. "Now I'll ask you again, any last words?"

hey look a tumblr

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

At this moment, Venox new he had a chance. He had no idea where the... is that a human? It had pointy ears, but regardless of what it is or where it came from, it had threatened some of the other humans, distracting them. This may be one of the only chances it gets before everything goes to chaos. It really doesn't seem like another one of those blood games as people were negotiating with each other, but hostilities seemed like it was going to break out at any moment.

Here, Venox decided to weigh up its options. He could interact with the humans, gain trust and get allies, however that may result in being exploited and ultimately... Harvested. Alternatively, he could make a break for the colossus, and try and enter the system, but chances of success didn't seem that good, and will make himself a high priority target.

Undecided, Venox simply decided that he would watch the situation unfold, while trying to clank as quietly as he possibly could as he climbed around the metal framework, trying to edge as close as he could to... the 'VEKE', they said?

((so wait, Eli's on a metal platform really high up in a hangar, and Filimir's on the ground? Just want to make sure things are clear.))
    Last edited by Captain Panda; March 10th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

Since she was beng ignored, she decided that she had done something wrong. Maybe the best way to get attention was to talk to one person at a time? Elluka didn't know, as most of her life had been spent trying to blend in to avoid Irina. She decided to at least attempt to talk to someone and get a straight answer. She approached an automaton-human hybrid (Venox). He was trying not to be noticed as he climbed close to "VEKE", the giant robot. "Excuse me, could you please tell me what's going on?" Too late, Elluka realized that she still was using her illusion. She sheepishly turned it off, reverting to her normal appearance.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Maj looked down at the potential murderer and, cupping her mouth, called out to him.

"Hoy archer! Do you fancy yourself a storyteller because I can't see you as an assassin with that mouth!"

Maj gave herself a self-satisfied chuckle and turned towards her hexagonal-mate. "Fear not Lieutenant, I will be the one to decide when your time is and by my hand you will not perish before then."
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Venox was caught off guard when far below him, he heard a shout up. He rotated his body around, to see a female human emerge from something hazy. He had not expected anyone to see him, but it was logical that a being would at least hear him. There was also the issue of the question, for he had no idea of what was happening either, which means that either this is not a death game, or no-one was informed it was.

Either way, since someone had spotted him, it was probably not worth trying to hijack the VEKE anymore. It was as if the decision to socialize was forced upon him. Venox demagnetized from the framework, and fell to the floor, where there was a noticeably loud CRUNCH. Venox's entire body fell apart to lots of loose pieces of scrap metal, gears, wires, and a stray foot, all in a pile.

A few moments after, a silverware tray had slid off the pile to reveal a greenish slime, about the size of a fist, with an eyeball floating in the centre. The eyeball, after swirling around a little fixed on the girl, and then the slime edged towards a gear twice it's size. It climbed on, and then started discharging small arcs of energy onto the the pile of metal, and then the pile started to move over the slime, slowly arranging itself into a structure, before Venox finally got up again. The Slime, now in the upper parts of the chest, could get a better view of the human girl who'd called out to him. The gear that the slime was on spun, letting out a short whirring noise, before clicking three times. The eyeball then stared towards the silverware tray that was pushed off, magnetized it towards him, where it flew and quickly stuck onto his right arm, before the eyeball pointed to the girl again.
    Last edited by Captain Panda; March 10th, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Before Filimir could yell a retort, a loud crunching noise resounded. Keeping his bowstring taut, he turned to see what the source of the noise was, and was shocked to see...a floating eye? "What the hell is that thing?" he said to himself, but before he could take a closer look, the scraps of metal that had produced the crunching noise began to form around the eye, spewing out what appeared to be tendrils of lightning. Certainly unlike anything he had ever observed in Tamriel.

He took a moment to think about where he was further. The lieutenant was reportedly supposed to be in Elsweyr, and this cave was nothing like any of the caves in the desert nation that he had seen. Taking a moment to reach into his pocket, he refreshed his memory of the name of his mark. "I'm just going to make sure, but Lt., you ARE Jatarmal of the Fifth Legion of the Military of Hammerfell, correct?"

hey look a tumblr

"Well then, thanks Maj. Good to know I'm protected by somebody of your... prestige." Eli decided to play along with the "god" thing she had going on. Best not rile anybody up.

"I'm just going to make sure, but Lt., you ARE Jatarmal of the Fifth Legion of the Military of Hammerfell, correct?" shouted Buddy the elf.

"No, I can't say I am," Eli shouted back. "As I keep saying, I'm Elijah Bloom! I'm from the United Empire of America, you see, not that Hammerfall place!" He made a sort of 'put down that bow' gesture. "Put down that bow! You could hurt somebody! Everybody here just needs to calm down, and regroup." He thought for a second. "Everybody who's awake, meet at the foot of my robot! That way we can all introduce ourselves, and work out just what's going on here. Sound good?"

Drake reached into the saddlebags of one of the glazards and withdrew his sword and scabbard and magnetically attached it to his back. It was then he heard the man known as Lieutenant Elijah Bloom (As he had heard repeatedly.) trying to bring everyone together at his mech. At Eli's request, Drake slowly started making his way towards the machine, all the while watching the man he had shoved, just in case. Upon reaching the robot he made his visor transparent so people could see his face and hopefully lower the aggression of the group, sure he could take his helmet off, but he didn't trust them enough yet to do so, safety first of course.
    "Alright lieutenant, I am Drake Stanton, special ops for one of the mutant factions of Platania, which btw used to be known as North America before the nuclear winter set in, so clearly we are from two different timelines of the same world if what you say is true about being from America, assuming you meant of planet Earth." Drake said as he offered his hand in greeting, he liked this guy more than the egotistical woman calling herself a goddess and was glad that someone else at least wanted to get things done rather than running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Maj, having been looking for an excuse to get down from halfway up the giant's lower leg, leapt from the hexagonal pattern back to the leg, her hands sunk into the metal like it was sand. And she began descending, leaving a large keyscratch looking trail behind that kept her from reaching fatal speeds.

Once she got to the foot of the goliath, she released her grip and placed both her palms on the machine, this time without denting them. As she gave a look of unbridled effort, the dents that she had put in the machine began to pop out one by one and within the minute it looked good as new. She slid off the thing's foot and pulled a pixie stick from her back pocket, downing the sugar and waiting for her other sky-high companions to similarly get down.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

((Alright, alright, alright. I don't normally make posts like this, but seeing as how there are several references to these things called glazards, I must ask, what are they? I mean, Ichabod's approaching them, because he doesn't know what they are, thinking he can make a ruckus. What do these things look like, are they violent, peaceful? Are we all going to be mauled by them? So far, it seems that only Snickerdoodle and Darthtalon know what the things are. Please elaborate on them, so I know how to react to Drake's action of approaching the glazards himself, even if he immediately returned to the robot.))

((Technically I could resolve this in a visitor or Private message, but just so everyone is aware, They are a part of my application and are giant lizards capable of carrying at least 3 people at a time, they have a green color, razor sharp claws and a whiplike tongue, they are also capable of scaling walls and ceilings all whilst holding the rider (For the ceilings the glazards have straps to fasten passengers in place on their saddles.). The smaller one known as lightning is juvenile and bears a white color and can generate electricity and as stated in the application is a mutant amongst mutants due to this trait. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, the idea of making them appear to be a large mass was Snicker's idea and not my own, but I came up with some sort of an explanation for it in a visitor message I sent to Snicker or Meta.))

((dude, if they don't respond, then ignore them. let sleeping lizard things lie.))

Hearing instructions to meet at the giant foot, Venox rolled his eye, and turned around. The human girl seemed to have frozen for whatever reason. He made a few steps towards the VEKE, and paused. He twisted his body around to look at the girl once more, and made a... slimey head tilt, as if to indicate to follow. Venox then twisted back, and headed to the designated area.

The floor started shaking slightly as Venox stepped within proximity of an armored male and a female that was consuming some form of colourful rod. The eyeball in the ooze inspected the armored human, noticing that the helmet had some telecommunication devices built in. He clicked once, and grabbed the armored human's helmet. The earpiece in the helmet buzzed to life, first creating some static, and a few seconds after, a female voice spoke 'This is an auto-responder; Please hold.' before going into static again. it then babbled some nonsensical sounds.

Anyone watching would notice Venox was appearing to struggle, although it was only the armored human that could hear what he was trying to communicate; assuming he could keep his helmet on still for long enough. Eventually the earpiece would make a noise along the lines of 'VEEEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK CK CK CK' before Venox let go, pulling his arm back rather quickly. The eyeball stared at him expectantly.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Tanner was trying to decide how best to "introduce" himself. As Blue Wonder, or as Tanner Gaines? Well, considering he was already in his uniform, there didn't seem to be much of a choice. Floating down to ground level with the others, he quietly spoke up.

"My name is the Blue Wonder. I'm from New Cleveland, in the United States of America. A United States which is, by the way, free from giant robots - well, no. Actually, now that I think back, there have been one or two. But they sure as hell didn't look like that." He gestured at the towering colossus in whose shadow they were currently standing. "Now I've seen a lot of Changed in my day, but you folks are unknown to me. Not to mention the way you talk makes me think that I'm what you'd call a stranger in a strange land." He paused, cracking his knuckles, hoping the gesture didn't come off as threatening. "Where I come from, folks with powers are called Changed. I was one of the first. My powers manifested when I was just a kid - I can lift a bus and shoot through the air like a jet." He neglected to mention that he was a very slow-moving jet. "So I became a Super. Y'all's costumes originally made me think you were the same, but now?" He chuckled. "I don't rightly know what to think."

This whole time he had been processing Maj's words. Now he turned to her with a look of understanding beginning to dawn. "Say ma'am, do masks have some sort of special meaning in your culture?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Drake heard a loud buzzing sound in his ear shortly after hearing a piece of metal tap his helmet, he wasn't sure what had happened until he heard something that sounded like Venom, no Venock, no more like Venox, that seemed to be right. He turned his head to see the robot pull his arm back and stare at him with it's single eye. "I get it, so you are called Venox I suppose. Also judging by the fact hat you used my helmet communications systems, I assume you can't do anything more than maybe a few in audible clicks and whirs." Drake said as he noticed a few of the other people staring at him strangely before the robot tapped him again and nodded in agreement. "That would've looked really weird if it hadn't reacted like that, the least I need is for people to think I have a few screws loose." He thought to himself as he again waited for the others to approach.
    Sure enough this one guy came calling himself the Blue Wonder explaining his abilities, "Well as stated before I am a mutant, something similar if not identical to you Changed, I however can generate plasma, create energy shields and turn invisible as well as communicate with my glazards over there." He said as he pointed towards the glazards which were still peacefully sleeping.

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Doc joined the others at the foot of the VEKE, chuckling to himself at the occurrences he had just witnessed. They were all so childish in his eyes, even those few who were supposedly men of arms as he had once been. Such times had changed greatly.

"Guten Tag everyvon!" Doc gave an elegant bow to those nearest. "Mein name ist Doktor Vilhelm Shaden, but please call me Doktor Shaden. As some of you seem to be, I am, or raszer vas, part of ze Deutsch Armee in ze medical corps. Zey gave me ze boot ven I created a device to heal mein comrades faster; not a big fan of mein work, zey weren't. I vould offer ein demonstration, but I zeem to have broken a part of it upon being transferred to zis facility. If anyvon should come across anoszer bulb zimilar to ze von on mein invention, I vould be most grateful."

Doc's eyes rested on Maj for a moment before a spark of memory came into his eyes. He threw out his arms in the Demi-goddess's direction.
    "Gruß alten Freund! I szought I recognized you from over here! Maj, I believe it was; it has been forever since ve parted last!"
    Last edited by Pikanator; March 10th, 2014 at 07:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Maj sighed and rubbed her forehead at Blue Wonder's question, muttering something along the lines of 'I can't believe I have to explain this.' Looking up at him, she stated very factually,
    "A mortal cannot look a god in the face. The sheer amount of pure energy being forced inside their heads causes them to explode and their spirit to evaporate as opposed to being taken to the afterlife like what should happen. It's supposedly one of the most painful things a person can every experience, though I have no idea how we know that. As such, all gods wear face coverings so that this never happens, and we are never supposed to take them off. Now, attempting to cover one's face for purposes aside from protecting oneself for work related matters is the equivalent of considering oneself a god, that their physical presence contains so much power that it's dangerous for others to see them fully. It's actually incredibly offensive to gods who have to live with that power, such as myself, but I can figure out for myself that things are just
    different where you're from."

Doctor Schaden then spoke up and Maj cordially replied, "Has it really Doktor, it feels like it was but yesterday. All this world hopping is incredibly confusing, not to mention taxing on my brain."
    Last edited by TheMightyBox; March 10th, 2014 at 07:38 PM.