Thread: CYOA: Messier Crash

in space riding my warpstar pooping rainbows

Re: CYOA: Messier Crash

Object to the chapter ending
    |

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koopario View Post
    Spindow: Insert Disc 2 of Messier Crash.
    Seconded.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

Was I supposed to put my user title here? Scraggy's Avatar

Stop playing this silly game and go watch a movie.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

I guess having a Tumblr is a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    Begin Chapter 2
    Chapter 2: the Third Epoch

As the shock had subsided from the reveal, Nagi explained the situation that your group of nine would be facing in the coming months to come. Starting from this point onward you were at war with the world you found yourself captive in. The only way to escape it would be to dominate and subjugate the lands by force, clearing out the inhabitant monsters, Stellars as they were apparently called. Slaying a Stellar or any of its kin would yield its powers and likeness as spoils of war, consequently making the victor stronger as a result.

Your priority is to reach to top of the Clocktower. As scaling it is impossible due to the deadly Static within, you only option is to gain the powers of flight, personal or otherwise. To do this you must traverse the land, find Stellars possessing the aspects you seek, and taken them for yourself. To aid you in this endeavor Nagi has permanently taken residence among you, and shall give you a single concentrated essence of your choice, allowing you to utilize it as you see fit. A fair warning though, if you choose flight you'll still have to deal with whatever may be found up there, so the easy route may not be the wisest.

Due to the extenuating circumstance, Zeno has recommended that everyone should partner up if they plan to leave the castle. Since Nagi is now arguably a member of this party as well, that brings the total party to ten.

The first mission begins soon, a reconaissancd mission in search for airbourne Stellars. As you will be participating you should now choose any ability you would like to uses, as well as a partner to team up with. Who and what will it be?
    Last edited by Spindow; March 3rd, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

Your ability should be controlling things with your mind, and partner up with Nagi.

That or say no to this silly game.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spindow View Post
    Chapter 3: the Third Epoch
    You mean Chapter 2 right?

Get the power to use psychic attacks. I can't think of a partner right now though.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    You mean Chapter 2 right?

Get the power to use psychic attacks. I can't think of a partner right now though.
    (My bad. Post later tonight, Dave will be telekinetic and team up with Nagi for the Recon mission.)

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spindow View Post
    (My bad. Post later tonight, Dave will be telekinetic and team up with Nagi for the Recon mission.)
    Wait, noooo! I'm too late! Shapeshifting!
    (Nagi's fine, though)

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Quote Originally Posted by Koopario View Post
    Wait, noooo! I'm too late! Shapeshifting!
    (Nagi's fine, though)
    I would have voted for the time stopper ability, myself.
    <whine>Spindow! An hour isn't enough time to decide something important like that!</whine>
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

But think about it, with psychic powers, you don't have to walk over to the coffee maker to get coffee, you can just bring it to you :o

But if you can stop time, you can make people think you can teleport to the coffee maker!
    Plus, it makes dodging attacks or combo-ing enemies very simple.
    There'd need to be a limit though. Maybe spending one minute in Bullet Time every hour.
    Last edited by SockOutTheWindow; March 3rd, 2014 at 11:04 PM.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

You decide that the best use of this opportunity would be to gain heightened mental capabilities, like moving stuff with your brain. Despite the previous lashing that Nagi doled out to you, your request was obliged without criticism. Depositing an irridecent lump of stone in your hand, about the size of a quarter and oddly silky to the touch, the wispurr simply smiled kindly and moved on to the next request. For the near crazed levels of energy Nagi put out, it was a new sight to see it seemingly at peace for however long it would last.

The time then came for teams to be built. Zeno and Coir agreed to hold down the castle as the home team should invaders dare strike in their absence. Acheron and Bella formed the second, and Liavi and Rotin served as the third party, leaving Grave and Lord Quantum to make the fourth. You were admittedly disapointed that nobody had offered to work with you, but all things considered you couldn't blame them, they knew each other better and someone had to be stuck with Nagi regardless. Much to its enjoyment, that somebody ended up being you.

"We'll have a lot of space to cover so we'll split the area covered into 4 sections, A, B, C, and D." Zeno explained to the groups."Area A contains the western portion of the upper ridge. Our previous assessments have shown there appears to be a Ruins nearby one of the peaks. Now that we understand more clearly the purpose behind our presence here, perhaps we can discover something insightful there."

"Area B is the northern region of the lower ridge. As Coir has been the only one to delve into that region, we only know that a large Labyrinth blocks the path to a Valley deeper below, and not much else. On route to this Area is a Stellar campsite, watched over by the powerful hunter Orion. Although they are neutral to our present they will not hesitate to engage us, so combat readiness is vital."

"Area C houses the eastern portion of the upper ridge and is our most familiar, as well as many kinds of Stellars. The variety alone is worth study for future reference, but the discovery of an airbourne aspect in any of them is the primary objective for the party here."

"Area D is the where the Clock Tower can be found to the south of the lower ridge. Although it is unlikely we shouldn't rule out the possibility of a missed route or manner to scale the tower safely. It is therefore asked that the surrounding area be carefully searched."

"Oh wow! It all sounds so fun! Which one should we pick?" Nagi waited to hear your response. They all carried tints of danger in various shades, so maybe due to your inexperience you might want to opt for the safest? Which one?

Area D sounds fun.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Area A sounds safe, but I'd prefer to explore unseen lands.

>Dave Strider: Go to area B with Nagi.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Somewhere between existence and non-existence.

I say C. We need flight, don't we?
    Spoiler: HAIL OMNICARP 

Spoiler: Totally me! 

Area A. Psychic powers are handy in many Ruins.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Area A. I want to see some ruins.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context