Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: CYOA: Messier Crash

Re: CYOA: Messier Crash

Quote Originally Posted by NyanKirby View Post
    Ask the date of today
    "According to the Clocktower, today marks the end of the quote 'Second Epoch'." Acheron explains. "I can't explain the finer details, but the general idea is that there's a massive tower to the south that you can see from across the western ridge. It counts down the days slowly before it rings. Each time it does the world expands a bit more, but also grows more dangerous."

The line of thought sparks something in the white woman's mind, prompting her to turn toward the fireplace. "That reminds me, you might want get acquainted with one of these, if you have any plans of sight seeing that is."

Unwrapping and presenting the metal tools to you, you immediately register them as a sword, bow, and polearm. Weapons.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be heading back down to the others and let them know your awake. Follow the hallway down and you'll find the stairs easily. Don't take too long Dave." She smiled as she exited, closing the door behind.

Now seems as good a time as any to join the party as any. But if dangerous surroundings and mysterious clocktowers are any indication of what you're in store for, maybe it would be a good idea to bring along something to defend yourself with. Are any of these weapons calling to you?
    Last edited by Spindow; March 5th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Pole arm because WE'RE DIFFERENT

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Was I supposed to put my user title here? Scraggy's Avatar

Take all of them.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

I guess having a Tumblr is a thing now.

in space riding my warpstar pooping rainbows

All of them
    |

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

All of them.

If we must pick one use the bow. It gives us long-range attacks, and the arrows could be used as daggers.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

(Majority wins. Everything's coming but the sink.)

You decide to take everything, nobody will be able to say you didn't come to a fight unprepared. You can always discard the excess if needed anyways. Exiting the room into the adaquately lit halls, you work your way to the stairway. Furnishings are bare, consisting of banners and suits of armor. You spot writing here and there as embroiderings, but if the characters form words you have no idea what they say. The pictures sewn into the tapestries are far easier to comprehend, if still obtuse in their understanding.

One banner shows a radiantly glowing hooded figure in a golden crown. Standing cross armed, you see in one hand he holds a scepter cradling a galaxy, and in the other a black arrow. Another shows a similar figure, only it's clearly a woman wearing a tiara. In her outstretched grasp was a jumbled mass of arrows and a large black gash, her discerning gaze gave the impression of her making a decision. The last banner contains five other figures distinct from the first two, but nowhere as detailed as the other flags. Maybe one of these people is King K? You'd wager it'd be the crowned figure. But who were these others. The woman resembled Acheron only so far as white skin tone, leading you to have to assume that was a common if peculiar trait they shared.

Seeing little use in continued study of these flags, you hurry down to the first floor and into the lobby below. There was eight others sitting at a large dining room table, taking up less than half of the available space. Although there was food set out, most of the patrons were less than interested. The exception it seemed was Acheron, who had amassed a generous portion of the free desserts to herself. Somebody clearly had a sweet tooth. Spotting you she motioned you closer, giving you a better view of the others.

Several of the diners dressed as knights and were chatting about something regarding a giraffe; One boasting about how he would have slayed it had the other two not interfered, only to be shot down by the others reminder of how he spent the better part of the previous day being booted down the hill by a unicorn. The sound of mixed intensity and bewilderment in their bickering reminded you of teenagers that egg their friends into stupid dares. But at least somebody seemed interested in their tales of heroism; Across from them was a young woman seated next to Acheron, hanging on their every word.

Beside her was small boy, half her age by appearance and wearing a cowl far too large for his size. He was notable for being the only one in the group to wear spectacles, but you suspect that for whatever reason has no reason to wear them other than to look more grown up. Reflecting that he was more interested in what the two men were discussing toward the back of the room. One postured straightly and dressed sharply in a white uniform; the other hunched heavily over in a somber black vest suit and red bolo. They were practically day and night.

You found that there was plenty of room to accomodate you, so while you could sit next to Acheron you could make some new acquaintances elsewhere.

Where would you like to sit?

With Acheron.
    By the knights.
    Toward the back.

Sit on the floor in the corner because you're shy

Sit with Acheron. Because you're already aquainted she can introduce you to the other people at the table.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

go back and get the sink

I agree with Planet.

Toward the back
    Last edited by Koopario; February 28th, 2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Why am I saying that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    Sit on the floor in the corner because you're shy

Sit with Acheron. Because you're already aquainted she can introduce you to the other people at the table.
    Acheron is clearly the best choice for you. If she's been here for two months she must already know everyone in the group. And having a common link can break the ice easier as well. Taking the chair to the left of her you give her a small nod.

"So this is the party?" You ask casually.

"This is it. The catering is really brings it together doesn't i?" She acknowledged ironically with the wave of a truffle. "I suppose you're wondering who's who about now." Pointing at each of them round circle, she gave a brief summary of her peers.

"Those three in armor are our defence brigade, they make sure nobody gets hurt when were away from this castle. The big guy in the shiny pointed armor is Coir Laoch, Captain and wax poet. Sourpuss over there is Rotin Flamant."

"Rotin? Didn't you mention him earlier?" You ask, dreading the suspicion to be true.

"Yeah. You got sick all over him when he help bring you in." Acheron reminded you "Don't let that stop you from talking with him though; he might be a bit too cerebral for his own good and has a hard time lightening up, but he's not the kind of guy to hold a grudge over something like that."

That came as a bit of a relief to you, the less enemies you could make the better.

"Now then. The third member of the brigade is Liavi Regada. He can get pretty emotionally charged, but his idealism is pretty admirable. Out of all of us I think Liavi's the one who's the most excited to be here, wherever here is anways. They're a pretty eclectic group, but they do a good job and take long patrols so nobody complains."

Shifting your focus over to the back of the room, Acheron moved on to the strangers debating over a map. "Those two are Zeno Narkoun and Grave Hora, in the white and black respectively. Along with Coir and myself they make up the members of the First Epoch. Of late, Zeno has assumed the role of team leader, while Grave as head strategist. I'd avoid too much time with them if you can help it."

Finally we have the great and powerful Lord Quantum, owner of this castle, and my sister Bella, who up until now has failed to show you a single strand of warm reception while I've been talking your ear off. Isn't that right?"

Giving a light elbowing to her apparent sibling, Acheron stirs Bella from her trance. "Um...huh?" She stutters blankly as her awarenss widened out. "Who's that, the wash-in from yesterday?"

Acheron rolled her eyes. "Who knows? If only we could keep track of all the visitors we see in. Maybe we should let him introduce himself."

Zeno turned his attention away from the maps at the suggestion. "Yes Ms. Solana, I believe now would be an excellent opportunity for us to meet our newest associate." He spoke with an authoritve voice, putting you on the spot immediately as all eyes turned on you.

You can already feel your nerves cracking under duress. What can you say? What is there to say? Think...

"I'm Apollo Justice, and I'm fine!"

Freelance Policeman

Comically introduce yourself as "Nervous" then tell them your actual name.

Ask if any of them drank the Messier Crash, it's probably important. Also nickname Coir Laoch "Captain Roach".
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

"Um...hi. I'm Dave Strider. That's all I know. You may now return to what you were doing before."

"My name is Strider. Dave Strider"

Run out of the room as epic music plays.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

"I'm Dave Strider." You manage to spit out. "And also really nervous, I guess."

"It's grand to make you make your camaraderie Dave!" Coir said with a booming laugh. "While its true that this is our first meeting, rest assured that you are among friends. Should you ever find yourself in trouble..." The knight swung at his chestplate, sounding out a lound clang that resonated with the room. "Know we have your back."

Liavi nodded in agreement to these words. "It's true Sir Strider. The Captain has quite the reputation built up. His bravery and might are only matched are only matched by his loyalty and kindness."

"You flatter me Regada. I am but a man sworn to his duty." Coir glowed. "But I wouldn't be half the hero you make me out to be if it wasn't for the gift of yours and Rotin's fellowship."

As they begin recounting their tales you find yourself in want of information yet again. Acheron explains that you shouldn't assume that because you had appeared near this castle everyone else had as well. Coir had spent much of the time since he arrived to this world alone in the wilds, until he found Liavi at the dawn of this Epoch trying to fend for himself down in the Lower Ridge. Seeing that they weren't alone, they undertook a quest to search for others. Which is how they found Rotin. Eventually they made their way to this castle, where as it would happen had been under the subjugation of Lord Quantum. Not long afterwards the rest of them had made their ways to this central location as well and the rest is history. "Since then we've been keeping busy, looking for others, fighting back monsters, and trying to understand what has brought us here and why." Acheron concluded as she reached for a nearby kettle and a pouch of Slumbering Red Giant.

So that's how it is huh? If that's the case maybe you should consider yourself lucky that things worked out this way, from the sounds of it anywhere else could've been an ordeal. This might not be an ideal situation that you've ended up in, but at least you have refuge in this castle and its occupants. With introductions now exchanged , Zeno calls everyone's attention toward relevant matters. "Well now that we've met our new teammate, let's look at our current situation. Grave." Slowly lifting himself out of the seat, Grave straightened himself as far as his back would allow. He had long hair, obscuring his visage at your angle. Despite speaking through a closed smile, His voice was unusually smooth and muted, like somebody confiding an unsettling secret. "Ahem. As of this this moment, we will be entering the Third Epoch. As most of us are aware, this will inevitably lead to more guests, and pests. Haha." Seemingly undaunted by the grimace on your face in response to him humoring his own joke, Grave unfolds a large tarp for the group to see. "This is a banner found in one of the towers of this castle, reflecting a tower that could only be the Clocktower. Atop this tower we can see a large column of light emitting from it. While we can't say for sure what it means, I believe we can conclude that our focus should shift to scaling this tower and finding out what secrets it holds."

"One problem with that Mr. Hora." Quantum raised his hand to interject. "From the observations gathered from Mr. Laoch and his brigade, the tower is nestled in a deep pit. While it's true that there is a way to access the tower without scaling down to its base, there appears to be a dangerous element within its wall. The acidic exotic matter dubbed 'Static'."

"Hmm... yes. There is that..." Grave mused as he rested his chin on his wrist. "We'll have to do something about that."

As the group balanced the possible reward against the numerous risks, your ears pick up a beautiful melody filling the air, like a gospel of bells in a symphony. The sound of giggling echoes around you as well as the room lights up to a pure white.

Do you hear the bells tolling? Ah, how lovely their call is~

The voice causes you to jump in shock. "Nagi?!"

Materializing above the table you spot a familiar sleepy face smiling down on you."Yup, it's your ever so helpful and friendly pal returned once more! My how you've all grown since those days long ago... Except for you of course Dave."

Nagi couldn't have picked a more convenient time to appear, but why now of all time?

Ask her where the gift is.

Interrogate her!
    OH MY GOODNESS!