Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man: Robot Revolt

I finally have a picture worthy of being my avatar Greenmaster17's Avatar

Mega Man: Robot Revolt

The mighty Doctor Albert Wily, nemesis of the famous Mega Man had, once again, been defeated. Or so it seemed.
    "Are you ready to go back to prison, Wily?" asked Mega Man.
    "Now, now Rock, surely you know by now that I am not so easily defeated. No prepare to witness the power of my ultimate weapon!!!"
    The exhausted Mega Man turned, expecting to see another giant robot slam down behind him. Instead, he saw a humanoid robot step out of the shadows. He fired a shot at the newcomer, but his opponent evaded the incoming fire with amazing speed. Rock tried several weapons, but none could even touch the red figure speeding towards him. Wily's minion fired several shots from a buster and sent Rock flying. Rock instinctively tried to deploy an e-tank, but before he could, he was skewered by a green saber. The last words Rock heard before fading into unconsciousness were his father's despairing: "Rock, can you hear me? Rooooooooock!!!"

1 month later. Wily has now crushed all resistance and controls all the factories and is using them to create new armies and robot masters, as well as recreating older masters. However, there was a flaw that he had overlooked.
    "Replaced! Me!" screamed his formerly head lieutenant, Bass.
    "Bass, calm down, you're not-"
    "Obsolete? Useless? Wily has no use for me any more. So, why should I stay around here anymore? Come on Rifleman, we're out of here!"
    Word spread quickly about Bass's rebellion, and soon many of Wily's other robot masters were rebelling with him.

"Doctor Light, have you heard? Bass is asking for our help against Wily. Come on papa, we need to construct more robot masters to help him," yelled Roll, Mega Man's sister.
    "..... I'm sorry Roll, I really can't. Not after what happened to Rock."
    "Well, what about the ones that you already designed? I could help you build them!"
    Finally, the doctor was convinced. With what little resources he could muster in secret, Dr. Light began slowly building more robot masters, hoping to avenge his lost son.

And so began the revolt.

Basically, this is an rp honoring the Blue Bomber's entry into SSB. Players will be a robot master that either rebelled against Wily or was recently built by Dr. Light. If it wasn't clear enough, this will occur between original Mega Man games and the X series. The game will progress in sections, with each section having 8 levels, each with a robot returning from former games. Depending on the number of players available, a group of 1-3 will be sent after a section, allowing multiple sections to be handled at once to provide quicker gameplay. Also, during a break in the section, a special event may occur where everyone will work together to accomplish a set goal (protect the base from Wily's attack force; rescue Roll from Wily's forces; ect.) to spice things up a little. After a section, we'll continue on to Wily's castle and, depending on the interest remaining in the rp, Wily may or may not be in that particular castle. Eventually, we will either find Wily and defeat him or fail to do so.

To simplify things, elemental interactions will work as such:
    Non elementals-Break beats sword beats normal beats wind beats break
    Elementals-fire beats wood beats electricity beats aqua beats fire
    Any non elemental will be standard effects on elemental and vice-versa.

Now for the interesting part. So that the participants aren't just the same throughout the rp, I've devised a system of weapon adaptions. Basically, if you defeat a robot master you can take their weapon and either use it just as they did, OR if practical fuse it with your weapon, adding its element and abilities to it. For example, adding the slash claws to the fire storm would give you flaming claws that would be fire and sword elements, inheriting both element's strengths and weaknesses. One limitation, however lies in that you can only fuse an elemental weapon with a non elemental weapon, so as to not upset the interactions.

Character list:
    Spoiler: rifleman 

Spoiler: Tauruman 

Spoiler: Batman 

Spoiler: Smithman 

Spoiler: Cometman 

Spoiler: Assassinman 

Spoiler: Heavyman 
    Spoiler: chainy thing 

Re: Mega Man: Robot Revolt

(And here we go)

Rifleman had sent out the call a few minutes earlier. The situation was becoming dire and it was starting to seem hopeless. Even with the rebels led by bass and the help from Dr. Light, Wily's forces seemed endless and unbeatable. Most of the other robot masters were immersed in the conflict, and he was unable to reach them. Luckily, the message reached a few.

"I've called you all here today to recruit you for our last ditch effort. Our forces are being pushed back on all but a few fronts, and more of our robot masters are killed every day. Our mission is simple: we're going to kill Dr. Albert Wily. Now then, we all know that his base is undetectable, but we've discovered something that has changed the situation. Our intelligence suggests that Wily has hidden the map to his base in different robot masters. If we can defeat these robot masters, we can hunt down and put an end to the menace. Now then we've even been lucky enough to find out which robot masters have the pieces of the puzzle. So far, we have confirmed that the replicas of gyro man and woodman have two parts of the map. So, any volunteers?"

Rifleman had been told by many that he was good at shooting, not talking. But, at least he got the point across. Now then, the only question was which one would he tackle...
    (O.O.C. 1-3 people will be able to team up on each robot master, so let's get cracking then. Also, I would highly advise going to the mega man wiki and check out these before you volunteer.)

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

TauruMan received the call. He had absolutely nothing to lose and nothing to do. So why waste time?

"WoodMan? He's back? Hm... I'm volunteering. He doesn't sound too bad. And he has a part of a map? That's useful. So let's go."

He honestly just wanted Wily dead. He was the cause of all this trouble, turmoil, and pain. If he wasn't dead by the time he was finished...
    Whoa, Tauru. Hold up. You'll get your chance. For now, just focus. He couldn't afford to lose it, especially in such dire times. His plan was really to try and pick off each robot master, one by one, with whatever team he had. He was going to try and keep everyone alive, but if someone fell, he'd come back to it afterward. And maybe try to anger Wily a bit in the process. When they finally faced him once and for all...
    Yeah, he could almost see the brighter future. His ways weren't always reliable, but he got the job done. And eventually, he would bring peace--no, they would ALL bring peace from Wily's wrath. So first, "Let's get that map."

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

This was most annoying. Cometman didnt actually get the call, he just managed to find the place. He figured that the tent was merely a place to rest, but he had been wrong. It had been a call to action, to stop the Robot Revolt led by Dr. Wily. He wasnt interested, but he was there now, and he wouldnt let other bystanders get killed because of one man's ignorance. But if a map was the answer to their problems, the quest would be difficult. The robots containing them would probably insanely strong, since Wily wouldnt be dumb enough to let it out of his grasp. Why would he need a map, who knows, but its there, so they might as well get them. "So we got Woodman and Gyroman, eh? Hm, its obvious that Woodman is the Elemental Wood, but Gyroman would probably be wind, so I could work with either" Cometman wasnt sure who to go after, so was to wait on his allies reponses.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

AssassinMan received the call and teleported next to RifleMan.
    "...Gyroman? He will be eliminated. Map pieces will be recovered, and brought back."

AssassinMan watched his scarf blowing due to the nearby fan, thinking things like Why would Wily hide a map inside of robots?
    He thought of the best way to destroy this robot of pita wraps, and how difficult it would be.
    If any of the others could kill a robot, he could certainly do better. He pulled the knife out of his wrist, got up, and started carving a map on his arm.

Cute Little Poot Heavy Lobster XL's Avatar

Heavy Man was relaxing in the mountains when he found a newspaper floating by. He grabbed it, and it stated the following:
    "Dr. Wily's forces have reached the mountainside! Prepare to evacuate!"
    "Bah, why should I care?" Heavy said. He then went on to take a nap. 8 minutes later, someone woke him up.
    "Hey, move it, Numbskull! This is where my construction site's going!"
    Heavy awoke to see Guts Man, who was threatening to tear his mountain down.
    "Go away, loser. Find somewhere else to build your construction site." Heavy said.
    "Fine. I'll just go to that valley, then." Guts Man said with a sigh.
    "Wait... the valley?" Heavy thought to himself. "That's where Lovely Woman lives!"
    "Hold it, fatso!" Heavy yelled. "You ain't laying a finger on that valley! YOU HEAR ME?!?!" Heavy's eyes then began glowing red.
    "Cr... creepizoid! I'm outta here!" Guts yelped. He then began to run away.
    "GET BACK HERE!!" Heavy hollered. He then began to chase Guts.
    "Gyro, come in! I'm being chases by some lunatic!" Guts yelled. "I'll be passing through your area soon!"
    "Hmmph. Your little buddies won't stop me." Heavy said.
    (I'm going with Gyro.)
    Expecting a signature?
    Expecting rainbow puke?
    Expecting Waluigi Time?

Rifleman listened as the other robots volunteered. And was then slightly disturbed by assassin man'a little creepy trick. He reasoned that no one would survive very long against that guy, so he counted gyro man as good as dead. So, that left him with woodman.
    "Alright then, I accompany Taurman to woodman's area," he slung his rifle over his shoulder and grabbed its barrel. It was about time for action.

(Since we already have two people on each team, we'll start the missions sometime tomorrow)
    (P.S. Gyroman's weapon is wind, in case there was any confusion)

WARNING: User may use sarcasm in ways you are unaccustomed to Kmj10's Avatar

And then, awesome.
    "Yo yo yo, I hear a rebellion's going on and I wasn't invited!" yelled a loud voice with a Boston accent from outside the tent. A bot none other than the magnificent BatMan burst into the tent. "Well I decided to show up anyway (you can thank me later), and lemme tell you somethin', you might wanna hide this place better! Took me a few minutes to find it, TOPS! Anyway, whose head we bustin first?" He pulled out a wooden bat. "Cause my friend here is achin' for some skulls to crack!"
    Spoiler: Sig stuff, condensed for easier scrolling 

"Um...how about Woodman? He has a piece of a map that leads to Wily, according to Dr. Light. Some others--" he looks at Assassinman, pointing toward him, "are going after Gyroman. Rifleman and I are going after Woodman, so we could use some help."
    He was surprised that the newcomer had come in. That bat of his didn't seem like the most effective weapon, and he was...malleable, it seemed. He wasn't sure wether or not to trust him. He figured he'd make the best of it while he was on thier side, but...even though the guy seemed suspicious to him...
    Still though, apparently only Cometman, Rifleman, Tauruman, and Assassinman came initially, unless there was someone he missed, so Tauruman was going to have to trust this guy for the time being...
    "By the way, what's your name, anyway? I don't believe we caught it."

"Enough," said rifleman sharply, "We can handle introductions later, but the longer we dawdle here, the more time we waste. Cometman and Batman, it seems you two are the only ones who haven't chosen, and we'll need all the firepower we can get to accomplish these missions quickly. What are your decisions?"

Although he honestly did want to get a move on, rifleman really was fed up with batman's prattle already. Clearly, there was a reason he wasn't invited, but he had heard that those bats of his could do quite some damage, so rifleman was fine with him sticking around. Although he might need to get a muzzle...

The guy with the rifle pressured BatMan to make a decision. "Mmm... Think I'll go to WoodMan! I'd go after GyroMan but that assassin guy looks like he had that handled. He might even be as good as me- nah, no way. Close though! So when we set off?"

((So that leaves SuperMii/Cometman to Gyroman with Assasinman/Waddlesail and the not mentioned in the meeting Heavyman/Heavy Lobster. I guess that's it then. We'll be starting soon, now, I hope.))

"Okay then, BatMan. And when do we go to the Robot Master's bases anyway?"
    As much as he wanted to get a proper introduction (he had Rifleman to thank for the name), Tauruman knew Rifleman was right. Chances are the Robot Masters would catch wind of thier knowledge of the map, and, well, the sooner they struck, the more surprise to work with, and with more surprise, a bit more of an easier time getting to Wily's mapholders. In fact, he had the feeling that Woodman in particular wouldn't be prepping too much of a defense...

"Which leaves me with Gyroman." He wasnt sure he liked the idea, since Woodman seemed just a tad easier, but he would be fine. "So we should set off soon, we cant camp here forever, Wily's forces will be hunting us." He went outside and looked at the Stars. They comforted him more than anything, and he was glad that they were visible, even with all the light pollution. The breeze slightly pulled his scarf behind him, and the moonlight made his Helmet's Star glow a bit. He let his boots flare a bit, so that he could hover, instead of tiring himself out by running. "Come on guys, lets get to work!"
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

Cute Little Poot Heavy Lobster XL's Avatar

After chasing Guts Man for 72 hours, Heavy Man collapses, causing an earthquake that can be felt 50 miles away. He then goes into unconsciousness.
    Expecting a signature?
    Expecting rainbow puke?
    Expecting Waluigi Time?

(earlier)
    "Well, I guess since he's heading off...let's go!"
    He figured it'd be smarter to go four-legged since he went a bit faster that way, so he pulled in his hands and replaced them with two more hooves, and went into his four-legged position. "Anyone who wants a ride for whatever reason, I guess you'd better hop on! I'll only take one person, though!"
    Okay, Wily, Tauruman thought, now the revolt's on for real...I think.

Rifleman smiled at the other robots' eagerness to head out. What, did they think they had to walk all the way to their destinations? Contrary to some, most of Light Labs technology was still perfectly intact. That included they now massive teleportation system. He pulled out a few headsets and threw one to each of the robot masters. The robot also donned one himself and tapped it a few times.

"Roll? Do you hear me?" he asked into the device.
    "kzzt Rifleman? Are you guys ready to deploy kzzt?"
    "Yes. I assume that you were listening in on our conversation?"
    "kzzt It was hard to resist with you leaving your communicator on kzzt."
    "Good. Go ahead and send everyone to their destinations."
    "kzzt Copy that kzzt."

Rifleman had picked this for the meeting place because it still had the remnants of some old teleporter relays. The signal from Light Labs would be able to bounce off the relays and send them straight to the target areas. Then, they could be used to return here, or to Light Labs if this area had been compromised.

He could already see the typical blue energy fields enveloping some of them, so he decided to say some last minute encouragement.

"Remember, this mission may be the last chance at stopping Wily we have. Good luck everyone, and just tap the headsets when you've completed the mission."

With that, they were all taken out of the base and on to the battlefield.

Spoiler: woodman area 

Spoiler: gyroman area 

Rifleman looked around and observed his surroundings. They had been teleported into a clearing in the forest with only one pathway available. Apparently, this would be a pretty linear path. He waited for the others to adjust and then began to propose a plan of attack.

"Alright. Since you two work well with direct fighting and me, well not so much, I'll let you two lead the way. Just remember, stay together, be careful and watch out for ambushes. This place is perfect for sneak attacks."

"Wait, we DON'T have to wak there...?"
    Then the teleporter actvated, putting the four-legged run idea to a mere uselessness. When they arrived at Woodman's area, Rifleman asked BatMan and Tauruman to take the lead.
    "Um, actually...I don't like to get too much in the thick of things. So if you don't mind, I'll just try using my buster for now."
    Tauruman shifted back to two legs, pulling out his buster in his right hand. "So that just leaves you, BatMan. If we follow you, will you try not to get us into too much trouble?"
    He adjusted to his suddenly new surroundings for a bit, then proposed that each member face a different direction, back to back. "That way, if we suddenly get surrounded, one person can take one direction and maybe defeat enemies a bit quicker. You did say this place allowed easy ambushes, Rifleman."

The other two started discussing ambushes and not getting into trouble. "Ha, any ambush that I come across doesn't hold up too long! Just follow me and let me do the skull-crackin, I might leave ya some to shoot!" BatMan scoffed as he dashed down the path, bonking every enemy in sight.

"Wha--? Hey! Wait up!!"
    It may not take long for someone to find us at THIS rate. Still, though...
    "Come on, Rifleman! We're going to have to follow him since he's taking the front, I guess. Take the back and make sure no one tries to sneak up from behind, OK?"
    Geez, was BatMan eager to start this mission or what? And with all the cover the surrounding area gives, Tauruman was sure Woodman's area was packed with ninja-like enemies. Well, not necessarily ninjas, but...with the exception of those Mets (They just sit there and do nothing under those hats unless they're shooting! What are those guys? Auto-fire turrents with slow fire rate?), anything could hop out of those trees...

"That imbecile," muttered rifleman.

Nonetheless, it seemed that they would have to follow him and try to watch his back, as the smaller robot said. He followed the other automaton as he swung his bat around at the enemies, charging his rifle in case of an ambush. And, of course, one eventually came. He saw the buster flash before the enemy. Luckily, Batman unwittingly avoided the shot as he continued beating his way through, but the sniper wasn't as fortunate. Rifleman brought his weapon up and discharged his attack. The now incredibly powerful shot plowed through the brush, burning it away until it reached its target. The green bot was knocked back by the force of the blow as it crashed into its unprotected chest. One down. He had thought that that would be all, but three more shots came from the forest, one hitting rifleman in the back. He turned to Taurman and yelled loud enough that he hoped that the melee bot would hear.

"Sniper Joes in the trees, take cover!"

He knelt behind a fallen log and began charging another shot.

"Ugh, see, this is why close range isn't always best!"
    Tauruman followed suit, ducking to avoid Sniper Joe shots and firing his buster in the direction of the shot that hit Rifleman. He hoped the buster would shoot far enough to hit its target, but if not, he was ready to get a bit closer, as long as there was cover. The Tauru Horn wouldn't be useful unless he wanted to crash into trees hoping to knock a Joe down from one, which he would probably fail to do. He hoped BatMan heard Rifleman's yell so that he wouldn't become an early death. He was pretty sure Dr. Light nor Rifleman would like that, as would anyone else. Geez, he thought, I'll bet the Gyroman group isn't having this much trouble early on. Then again, they might be, but...

"Fall back!" yelled Mr. Sniper from waaaay back. Well, looks like that ambush came... thought BatMan. "Don't worry, I got this!" he yelled, before sprinting from tree to tree towards the Sniper Joes (using the trees as cover) and throwing bats once within range. "Close range ain't the ONLY thing I can do!"

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

Assassinman teleported onto the skyscraper, and glanced around. Seeing the airships, he used his blade to teleport onto one of the airships. He walked around, ripping off a shield from a Tatepakkan so protect himself from bullets. He glanced around, not seeing any immediate threats. Muttering something about how he doesn't need any allies, he walked over to the twin cannon, ready to start hacking.

(I apologies for tardness. )
    "Fix the skyscraper,they said! It would be FUN, they said! You'll get out of the REFINERY, they said..."
    Smithman looks down at his schedule. This wasn't going to be fun BEFORE the robot attack, and now he's gotta repair the thing under FIRE.
    "...Gah, I can't fix the darn thing while they're fire'n on me workers!"*grumble*

"Oi. You! I'm going to show them arroga't bot's they can't go round' blowen just because they're "Workn' fer Willy". Keep them workers out of trouble."

"... Guess I'll have to jump over there...."

"Welp, no time like the present. SMITHMAN, HO!"

Jumping to the closest airship he could reach, Smithman flails his arm and catches hold of the side. Climbing aboard, he finds a Tatepakkan with a bit of a trigger finger.

"Hey! Watch where ya point'n that thing, son!"

The Tatepakkan kept firing...

"Oi, fine. See how YOU like it!"

Smithman's retrieves his Basic Buster gun and begins attacking the Tatepakkan.
    Last edited by Philip Draco; December 10th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Cometman was late for action. He quickly hovered across the Skyscrapers support beams, and found himself face to face with a few Tatepakkans. "Whoa! You guys need to chill out!" He fire some Starlight Beams and the Tatepakkans froze. Literally. He didn't have time to crush them, so he headed up the beams, which proved a bit harder than he thought. There were only a few stairs and they were somewhat guarded, so he had fight his way through. Finally, he had made it to the top. He saw Assassinman working with the machinery, and he saw a blacksmith of some sort attacking the Tatepakkans. "Alrighty then, were making progress." said Cometman. Of course, Gyroman was nowhere to be seen. The biggest airship probably has him. Cometman looked around. The biggest ship was near the back of the fleet. He pulled the Star off of his helmet. It expanded until it was a full size Hoverboard. "Ok, lets do this." He jumped off the building and headed for the back Airship.

Thread Information