Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PHANTELD:Online

Re: PHANTELD:Online

Hex was surprised by the responses she got from around her, turning to the other players that had been listening to Garm.
    "Oh, that was easier than I expected. Cool," she said after listening to each of these players make their offers. "Well then, that'd mean we'd have a tank," pointing at Ally, "a physical striker," referencing VaganovA, "and er... what does beast master do exactly? I guess it'd be some mixed dps thing..." she pondered this for a moment, scratching her head.
    "We'd still need a mage if I'm taking healer but we'll probably find one or something. Maybe I could cross spec? I wonder what class my friend took," she mumbled to herself as she thought it over.
    She did another once over on the three other players and crossed her arms, saying, "Alright, Yeah, I'd be humbled if you all joined my newly formed and yet to be named Guild. Pleased to meet you. As you've probably seen, I'm Hex," pointing to above her head.

And then a realization washed over her as she looked at each of her new allies. They were all girls. Like... actual girls, not some weirdo 13 year old who liked playing female elves. Actual human women playing computer games. There didn't seem to be a good way to cheat the system unless you were super dedicated to it, so they had to be real. "wait, am I in the twilight zone?" she whispered to herself, "is this even possible" she wondered.
    "Hmmmmmmmm" she hummed aloud as she pulled her collar higher up to cover more of her face. "This does make things a bit easier for us I guess," she said nodding.

"Alright, so," Hex began, collecting her thoughts, "I know you might seem eager to head for the first major dungeon," making a point of looking at the very enthusiastic VagnovA, " but it probably would be best to clear a low level mission or two first. Partly because I'd like to get a sense of how you all play, and partly because, to be honest, even I don't fully understand this game, so a tutorial would help everyone out if you'd be willing to bear with me."
    She paused for a moment before adding, "We also probably will need at least one other member and it seems like it'd be an easy way to fill out our ranks."

"but before any of that, we probably need a name for the guild..."

She then continued on a bit as she tried to simultaneously figure out and explain the guild system and add the three other players to her friend/guild list.

Rokoka would find that her hands passed right through the quest's poster. A BZZT rang in her ears, and a she saw red text saying "You to be in a guild for this quest!" flash in front of her. This was followed by a text box in the corner of her screen.

"In order to join/start a guild, simply focus on a player's name for five seconds. A box should on your screen's left side appear with various options, including Block Player, Friend/Defriend Player, and if they aren't in a guild already, Recruit. If you press Recruit, that player will be sent a message asking them to join your guild. If this is the first time you're recruiting somebody, you will also be asked to name your guild!"

--------

Garm smiled and nodded once at Hex's offer, but declined. "Sorry there, but me and a few buddies of mine from the Beta have already got a Guild planned. I can give you tips and help you out until they get online in about an hour or so, though." He looked at the group. "Then again, you seem to have a nice guild going already. If you want to start a guild, just, like, focus on somebody for a bit. A box should show up with a bunch of options. Click recruit, and you'll send them a Guild Request. Then just name your Guild and you're set."

Once Hex voiced her suggestion of taking on a quest, Garm nodded. "Yeah, that's the best course of action. I recommend going on, like, three quests or so before the first dungeon, if only to get some better gear than what you're starting with. If you'd like I can come help. Starting quests don't take that long, anyway."
    Last edited by Kiwi; December 23rd, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

Rich walked into the bar, not entirely sure what to be looking for. All he knew was there was something in here drawing everyone's attention. Glancing around a bit, he noticed a few people gathering around what appeared to be a bulletin board of sorts. Walking between the tables toward the board, he read through the items that were posted there; these must evidently be the "quests" the bartender was referring to when he entered. Unfortunately, a quick read through showed that he apparently met none of the requirements to complete any of the missions, they all requiring him to be a "higher level" or in a "guild". He had sort of figured there might be leveling up in this (he did have some experience with RPGs as a kid), but what on earth were guilds? From what he could assume, they must be groups of some sort, considering the meaning of the actual word, which probably meant he'd need to team up with a group of people before he could do the quest.

Richard muttered a curse; the last thing he'd wanted to do was get tied down to a group. After all, it's always quicker and easier to get things done if you only have to worry about yourself. But, he doubted he would be raising his level high enough for any other quest any time soon, so maybe it would be faster to join a group? But than again, how could he make sure the people he joined were competent enough to bother with?

Frustrated, he walked to a table, pulled out a chair and slumped down into it, weighing his options, and perhaps keep an eye out for anyone who seemed to know what they were doing.

((semidrunk posting, get on my level))

Sweet, that was really easy. A guild is the way to go in this game, huh? Good thing VaganovA promptly latched onto one. Thing is, she had no clue if this group would really last... but really, if these women are as interested as VaganovA in winning this game- and their varied classes cover all the basics of team strategy- shouldn't this be simple? It'd just be plain stupid to cause drama when there are more important things to worry about. So, VaganovA found herself awfully hopeful of the prospects of this new guild.

The... leader, probably, introduced herself as Hex. Was that the appropriate thing to do? VaganovA wasn't sure if there was any reason to conceal her real name, but maybe the screennames exist for a reason... hm. Well, that means VaganovA can pretty much create a new identity for herself in this game, right? That might even be what Hex is doing.

"Then, I'm Vaganova! Th' last A is capital!" Would the game insert emotes if the players posed correctly? VaganovA winked while raising a triumphant fist, hoping the system would insert fanfare and special effects. "If yer lookin' for a name for the guild, then how about..." Thinking long and hard, the Buster reached deep into her creative hemisphere in search of inspiration. Well, maybe not too deep. Pretty much the first thing that popped into her mind escaped her lips with little hesitation- "Superstellar Goddess!"

Hex was a little dissapointed that she couldn't get the beta player to join. "Aw, alright. Thanks for the offer, though, It probably would make it easier having another person who knows what they're doing." She gave a small nod, "Also mind if I add you to my friend list, just in case I get in a jam later?"

She then turned to novA and scratched her head at the suggestion. "Ehh, I think I can handle guild naming on my own if you guys don't mind. I think I've got a name that's very fitting for a group as unique as this one," she smirked.
    As she went through the prompts of guild set up, she whispered "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen," the name of an old comic series that she adored when she was younger and very fitting for this all girl guild, to which the hud pinged a confirm/deny response. She nodded, and all her new allies now had an <LED> Tag next to their names.

"Heh, that's a pretty good name for now. We probably can change it later if anyone gets any better idea or you're really against it," she said to the group, "Though LED is a pretty nice tag," she shrugged. "Anyway, I presume we get quests from the inn, so we should head over there."
    Hex turned, waving for her group to follow and began walking towards the Inn, pulling up hood of her cloak so that it covered the top half of her face leaving her eyes only clearly visible. She looked around the sparsley populated inn and saw a oair of swordsmen standing in front of a board with a few scrolls pinned to it. They seemed to be busy conversing with each other but it wasn't of much interest to her, so she took the liberty of shuffling past them to check the few quests that were remaining. She frowned to find her options were sparse, there was only one quest left for her level.
    "Hrmmm, looks like there are only so many quests at one time, they probably refresh every once in a while,"she thought to herself, grabbing past the two ronin at the extermination quest, "Looks like we're slaying rats in a basement," she said to herself looking at the request scroll as she went back to rejoin the group.
    Last edited by Inx; December 25th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Siegreich made his way toward the nearest pub and its <Quest Board>. To his surprise, he found that by the time he got there, the only quests left were either guild-based or for higher-level players. He'd made his way there as quickly as he could... but then again, there were only twenty quests spawned in the <Starting City> each hour. The black-haired boy grimaced, drumming his fingers on the hilt of his sheathed katana as he thought.
    I didn't really want to join a guild until I'd gotten the feel of the game... but then again, it's not too big a deal. Guilds are temporary fixes; I can always drop out after taking a few quests. Just gotta find someone in here who looks competent enough.
    To Siegreich's dismay, the pub was almost empty by now. Judging from the movements of the mass of players in the square, though, he had only a few minutes before a number of newly-formed Guilds began pouring in and snatching up the starter quests. He'd have to move fast if he didn't want to be grinding on trash mobs for the next hour. Glancing toward the quest board, he spotted a lone Ronin like himself poring over the board with an ever-so-slightly irritated expression.
    So when Rokoka tried and failed to take the guild quest, Kyle was standing a few feet behind her as if waiting his turn. When he'd confirmed that the other Ronin wasn't already in a guild, he paused a moment before getting her attention as he would in any MMO.
    Just going up and talking to people... it's really not much easier than it is in real life.
    "Rokoka," he began. "I'm making a temporary guild to take a few of these quests - you want in?"

Nicole's face gave way to a somewhat cheery expression as the guild name was decided; evidently, she rather appreciated the irony, and understood the reference (although, truth be told, she'd never actually read the series, and only really knew that it existed). Furthermore, a number of silly puns flew through her head when she saw the acronym, mostly involving Hex having LED them to an appropriate name. Of course, she didn't dare actually speak the words, because even she was aware how terrible these puns were. In any case, though, it seemed that she approved of their Guild's new name and subsequent existence.

She rather easily let herself be swept under Hex's leadership, offering no resistance to the way the Guild seemed to be shaping up. If this were a real-time strategy game, maybe, but she had no qualms with admitting MMORPGs weren't her forte, and besides, who needed drama? Not her, that was for sure. Overall, this looked like a solid group of friends to start out with... she twitched slightly with anticipation, hardly able to wait to get going on one of these quests. However, after going through all the trouble of walking into a building only to find that the remaining quest was ridding a farm of pests, her face drooped slightly.

"Better be a cool-looking basement..." she mumbled, her voice sounding somewhat disheartened. Why did all these quests have to be so stereotypical, anyhow? Did game designers not realize that exterminating pests was kind of boring? Even if they did decent damage to you, or took a bit of effort to kill, it only made things worse; the whole thing feels utterly pointless, generally, and making it difficult only made her feel incompetent. Just a big waste of time. Level grinding was probably the reason she didn't like RPGs too much.

But hey, at least she had friends to do it with, and virtual reality made this a whole new experience, anyways. Besides, who was to say that Phanteld wouldn't have an interesting spin on the idea? Maybe the basement would have a hole that led to this whole cave system with a bunch of spiders and stuff, and they'd have treasure and a difficult enemy at the end. So her face perked up again, her excitement at least partially restored. "So, where is this basement, anyway...?"

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

"League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I remember that film! Not sure why we'd want to name our group after it though, it was really terrible." Ally didn't say much as the group moved into a tavern. Hmm. That was a potential red flag - she knew it was highly unlikely that any actual alcohol would be sold or consumed here, but a pub was still a pub. Ally filed this away in her memory under the "negative" column.

While she was reflecting, the group had moved on. Hex had said something about rats in a basement? Ehh? That sounded... unpleasant. She reminded herself that this was only virtual reality, after all, but everything she had encountered up to this point was pretty dang realistic. And she had enough problems dealing with rats in the garage last September - she hardly needed to experience it in game format.

She spoke up awkwardly. "So how far away is the basement? Will we be catching a... wagon, or something?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Luckily for VaganovA, the system inserted fanfare and special effects, specifically confetti. This kept her from looking completely ridiculous.

"Sure," Garm said in response to Hex's request for a friend request. He pressed a few invisible options in front of him, and sent each player in <LED> a friend request. "There, done. Nice guild name, by the way. Love the reference." He followed the group into the pub, as he had nothing better to do at that moment. "I might as well grab a quest for my friends and I to do later, while I can," he said. After Hex chose her guild's quest, he laughed. "Trust me, it's gonna be more exciting for you guys than it sounds. The makers of this game tried to keep everything fresh."

Ally asked, "So how far away is the basement? Will we be catching a... wagon, or something?"

"Well, based on experience, a starter quest like that shouldn't be more than ten-" Garm was interrupted by a sudden silence that filled the pub.

Almost every patron quieted down as a tall, intimidating man entered the establishment. He was wearing what looked like red priest robes and a plague doctor's mask. Above his head was <WTCREW> Inquisition. "I'm looking for the player... MightyBoy." He glanced through the room, until one player, a twenty-something Buster, gulped and raised his hand.
    "Th-that's me."
    Inquisition stared at him for a bit, before motioning for the player to follow him out. "Come with me please," he said as he exited the building. The player followed him, head held low, and with the other people in the pub all staring. After another thirty seconds or so of silence, the room grew loud with conversation once again.

"That was an admin," Garm explained. "That Mighty guy must have done something bad for one to show up personally." He sighed, before taking the quest about bandits from the board. "Oh well, just goes to show you can't cheat and expect to get far in this game."

Hex grew silent as the Mod walked through, her eyes following as the imposing man passed by her. As he left she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Man, mods are way scarier when you're face to face with them. And to be caught for something on the first day, now that's a ..." she trailed off staring out at the door of the pub where the mod had led that player off.
    She caught herself and snapped upright, "Uh, anyway, our quest is at a farm just north of this town, so it's definitely close. probably walking distance, actually. We probably should get going, unless you guys want to see of there are any shops or early gear you'd like to get, though to be honest, the stuff you get from drops tends to be better than the stuff you can buy in games like this.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

A bit surprised that a complete stranger suddenly approached her about the guild-only quests, Rokoka looked at Siegreich blankly for a moment, before realizing what he was proposing to make a guild. Just what she needed to get some quests, as well as the ever-valuable EXP and, of course, money. Giving Siegreich a quick look-over, and seeing that he wasn't some creepy 40-year-old man, she responded with a bubbly, "Sure thing! I'm interested in the guild system myself, and combat certainly is something to experiment with."

Giving a wide, toothy smile, Rokoka extended her hand, offering for a handshake. "Looking forward to working with you..." she paused, and looked at his username, "Siegreich! May this benefit both of us!"

"Also, as this is your idea, you should make the guild. The honor belongs to you," she said, continuing to smile. However, this smile slightly faded at the thought that it was only a temporary guild, purely for the sake of getting basic quests out of the way. Oh, well, she thought to herself, I'll be able to find another guild later, hopefully one with some more dedication to a group effort.

Her smile returned to its former glory, though, when the following thought entered her mind, Maybe I can make him realize how great being in a guild can be, especially since he will be the leader! Yeah! That'll work!

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

"Hey, if you're making temporary guilds, I'm all for it."
    Richard got up at the Ronin's proposal. What a perfect turn of events; clearly he wasn't the only person here who realized being glued to a group of people for days and days wasn't going to end up well. He got up from the table had been sitting at and walked over to the other two. "Don't much care about what name we chose; let's just get grouped up, grab this quest, and be off."
    He looked them both over; both Ronins, so they would at least complement his long range firepower. The male one who had requested the short term guild, with black hair and outfit, seemed confident in himself, if a bit distant. Should at least have some use in battle. The other, female, was rather optimistic-sounding, which was a character trait he found only slightly annoying. Well, at least he wouldn't be paired some low self esteem losers. These two would suffice.

The appearance of an "admin", as Garm called it, was an odd experience. They were part of the game staff, right? VaganovA wondered if they had a close eye on each individual player. And what exactly could a single person do to catch the attention of an "admin", within the opening hours of the game, no less? Were there any cheat codes?

Shrugging, VaganovA tucked her questions away and decided to get on with the game. Her new guild had a quest on a farm. Which sounded totally lame, but VaganovA wasn't feeling ready to argue about such trivial things. But Hex did bring up an interesting point; the town should definitely have shops, right? But the biggest question is...

"Do... we even have any money?" Asked the greenhorn Buster, patting herself down. She wasn't holding any bags, and her clothes had... no pockets at all. Maybe she should've picked one of the other uniforms. "I can't find... wait, hold on guys, am I doing something wrong?" She said with a whimper. This was a game, after all, so maybe there was some other way to hold money? Or maybe she was really just flat broke. Poverty must be the trade-off for invincibility- yep, yeah, that's definitely it. It's gotta be that "game balance" crap she read about online.

Regardless of her financial situation, which surely can be sorted out in the future, VaganovA was primed and ready to attempt the first quest. Punching rats might be tricky, though. "Oh, forget it..." Waving her troubles away, she stomped off ahead of the guild in a north-ish direction. "Let's just go and get this done, uh-huh?"

"Jeez... those admins sure know how to create a scary atmosphere, huh...?" Nicole mumbled, scratching the back of her head. "Anyway, VaganovA is right. I doubt the first quest we can partake in could be that tough, and monsters are liable to drop things, anyway. I say we just go for it, unless anyone thinks otherwise...?" she said, glancing back and forth mostly between Garm - for his experience with the game - and Hex, who was the leader of their party. She followed VaganovA a few steps before turning again to face the rest of the party.

And then she turned toward VaganovA again. "Ah, I just noticed that the beginning of your name points down while the end of it points up... it's stylish," she said, giving a wink and a thumbs-up. Maybe there'd be fanfare or something, but she didn't care too much; she was really just exaggerating her movements like that 'cause she felt like it.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Ally didn't make much of the plague doctor that had just walked into the tavern, assuming they were just another costumed player. Nice place, actually - rather authentic to the period, as far as Ally knew. The moose head side-by-side with a dragon head was a nice touch. And the seats looked comfy... why was everyone suddenly so quiet?

She glanced around and saw that all eyes were on the red-robed figure, who was currently leading a distraught-looking individual out of the building. She frowned at the hushed atmosphere. Was this normal? She opened her mouth to ask, but then Garm spoke up. An admin? So an overseer of the game. Interesting. Serves the fellow right for cheating - what was the point of playing a game if you were going to bypass the rules?

The group proceeded to talk about "drops" and shopping for new equipment. Seeing as Ally was a novice in this department (hey, shopping and department! Ha!), she elected to keep her mouth shut. Finally the group seemed ready to proceed, so she smiled and pumped a fist in the air. "Let's go!" She was actually rather excited, despite herself.

As the group exited the pub and emerged in the crowded plaza, Ally tried to catch up to their leader, Hex. "So, Hex." She smiled, not entirely sure what to say next - she felt like they should be exchanging more adequate introductions, but was unsure how to go about it. Eventually she settled for, "So... do you play a lot of these kind of games?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

"Oh, Hex said as she turned to Ally, "well, this kind of game not really. I used to play a lot of MMOs when I was younger, but I've had less and less time so I usually play other things. I only picked this one up because a friend wanted to play it with me... but she isn't logged in right now."
    She gave a small shrug and a sigh and continued, "But it's alright, you guys seem like a fun bunch to play with for now."

Hex led the group a little farther towards the edge of town and then asked Ally, "So, what about you, what got you into this game?"

VaganovA was a little surprised, and felt content. She had wondered if anybody noticed her screen name... "I know, right?" the Buster smiled back, "I figured everyone who got here early would have normal-looking names, so this would make mine pop." Spinning around on her heel, VaganovA took a glance at the city around them, and her own party. Were they really up to snuff? There were only four of them, and the Buster wasn't sure what constituted a proper party. But looking around, she had a hard time spotting other groups of people larger than her own, so maybe they'd get by just fine. Well, of course they will- after all, VaganovA won't take damage!

Cheering to herself in silence, the Buster did notice how many other players made their way towards the same town exit as the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (which VaganovA thought was kind of a dumb name). Were they off for the same quest? Are the rats supplied in limited quantity? It made her a bit nervous, as she really didn't want a slow start. Half-ready to sprint ahead on her own, she bounced along and turned to her party. "C'mon, we gotta go finish this task! I don't want anyone else beating us to the punch; let's get there fast, girls, hurry up!"

Nicole's smile grew as her comment received a positive reaction; VaganovA seemed like a nice girl, if a bit impatient. But she could hardly blame her; an incredible journey awaited, after all, and Nicole herself could hardly stand to move toward it at a walking pace. Based on what Hex had said earlier, she didn't think that they could be beaten to the punch, but correcting VaganovA on this would hardly speed things up, so she didn't bother. "Yeah! Let's run like our lives depend on it!" she said, grinning in the group's general direction. "I'm gonna catch my first familiar!" she continued, cheesily raising her fist into the air.

Of course, then she realized that starting mobs generally weren't anything to get to excited about, so she added a quick, semi-quiet "Unless there are only rats." She looked to Hex for approval to run ahead, because she was a team player who did, in fact, play by the rules.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen made their way valiantly out of town, like some sort of league of extraordinary gentlemen, who happen to also be valiant.

They soon reached the gate out of town, a large wooden thing with a face carved into it.
    "Hello!" said a gatekeeper, like the ones outside the other gate. "Welcome to the gate! I can see it's your first time leaving as a guild. Good luck on your mission, [INSERT GUILD NAME HERE], you'll need it!" And with that, the gate opened.

Outside of the gate was a gravel path, leading on as far as the eye could see into a dense forest. Even farther down the horizon, in depths of the forest, was a large, spiraling tower that extended into the heavens, the top obscured by clouds. To the left of the gate, there was a shifty looking man in a pink cloak standing beside a cart, with two ostrich looking creatures tied to the front. On the right, there was a field of clovers.

Farther down the road, about a five~ten minute walk away, the group could see a nice sized cottage, with a barn behind it and a small windmill. This was, presumably, where they'd need to go for their quest.

Scattered around the plains were various animals, like pigs, deer, and the occasional Snarling Svider.

"Greetings, travelers," said the shifty man. "My name is Faldon Loftimp, a traveling salesman from the far off deserts of Prevzeld. May interest you in my wares? I have delectable rare fruits, spells, perhaps a special surprise or two!"

Hex stopped the group for a moment after being beckoned by the sketchy man. She pondered for a moment, "I guess a quick look couldn't hurt." She didn't think there would be anything worth buying from this man but no harm in seeing. It was an opportunity at least to see what kind of items could be found in this world.
    She crossed her arms and added, "but make it fast, we have something to do,"

"Don't worry miss, it'll hardly take a minute!" Faldon chuckled and grinned, before pulling a lever near the front of the cart. This opened a panel on the side, revealing a storefront with various goods and wares inside. Particularly of note were the following:

• Sword of the Bronze Mountain, 10000 Mynt
    • A Young Tamer's Guide to the Flora and Fauna of Phanteld, 350 Mynt
    • Iron Gloves, 500 Mynt
    • Call Whistle, 150 Mynt
    • Flame Potion, 600 Mynt
    • All Seeing Eye, 2000 Mynt
    • Iron Shield, 1000 Mynt
    • Throwing Stones, 40 Mynt
    • Ink and Quill, 100 Mynt
    • Skull Mask, 400 Mynt

Mynt, apparently, was the in-game currency. Conveniently, each player started off with 500 Mynt, so anything 500 or under seemed to be a viable purchase, at least until you come in to more cash.

"If you'd like to learn more about any of my wares, please feel free to ask," said Faldon, shuffling his hands together.

VaganovA quickly turned her back on the wares. "What a bunch of junk..." She tapped her foot impatiently, looking back over her shoulder just once before snubbing the items for good. In truth, the All Seeing Eye had caught her attention, but the high price was a turn-off... not to mention, she didn't even know what it was used for. And she wasn't about to stop and ask, no, this was the time to get the show on the road! The guild was mere steps away from their destination, and the Buster was really getting restless. Couldn't they just come back to this later?

"Can we just get going? The rats probably have better treasure than this guy." Not to mention, the guild might receive some decent cash for squashing a few rodents. Maybe enough to come back and nab that All Seeing Eye.

"Ah... hold on, VaganovA. Some of this stuff is interesting," Nicole said, putting her hand over her chin. The monster manual this dude was selling seemed invaluable to any Beastmaster, and it was also within her price range. Not to mention the call whistle... that sounded Beastmasterish, right? But it'd still be better to ask about it. While buying both of these things would deplete her of her funds, it could easily be worth it to get good equipment fast. Putting her best inquisitive face on, she continued. "Mr. Faldon, would you care to tell me about the... Young Tamer's Guide to the Flora and Fauna of Phanteld," she stumbled, sort of reading the title as she said it, "and the call whistle, please?" She didn't really like saying such a long name for the book, but she wasn't sure if the AI would recognize it otherwise.

"Ah, yes, the guide book! Excellent choice, young adventurer." Faldon picked up the book, and smiled as he held it out for Nicole to get a closer look. "This guide is indispensable for any tamer, as you yourself appear to be." He opened it up to a page in the middle. The left page showed a full-page illustration of something similar to a minotaur, but with a goat's head. On the right page was a page of description about the high level creature, called a 'Baphomet'. "This book has every creature, plant, and more you could need to know about within the territory of the first eight Dungeons. It's a sort of encyclopedia." He placed the book back on the shelf, and then picked up the Call Whistle.

"This here is a call whistle, as you seem to know." He turned it in his hand to show it off. "With this, you can summon to you any familiars in your possession that are too far away to call normally. It also sends a message out to any guildmates nearby, telling them your location in case you need help. So it isn't a tool exclusive to Tamers, necessarily." He put it back on the shelf.

"Would you be interested in purchasing these or other items, young heroine?"

That guide book... it almost seemed too good to be true. All creatures? Every one of them? ...In the first half of the game, anyway. But still. She could just... look them up and find their stats and stuff? She could even use it to find creatures she wanted to tame, if the thing gave locations. This thing would be valuable to any adventurer, not just tamers! So she'd definitely buy that. The call whistle, meanwhile, could easily be useful when it came to any number of things, especially strategy and such. And she could buy both of them right now! Screw being conservative with money; she didn't know when she'd see these again.

"I'll take both, thanks," she said, smiling sweetly as she thought very hard about taking money out of her inventory or something. Assuming that worked, she'd hand over the cash and grab her two new best friends. Especially that book; with that, she could take on the world!

Thread Information