Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

“Well, things could have turned out worse” Aras thought to himself. After leading a few of the survivors to Solum, he found that there were others that had survived and had the same idea as him. He and the other survivors decided that it would be best to build a makeshift camp in the area and figure everything out. No one had any idea about what actually happened until another group of survivors had shown up, hysterically claiming that the gods had returned to Sacria. After getting them to calm down some, they were told by the new group that they witnessed someone obliterating a survivor that they had found with magical powers beyond the reach of any man. According to these people, this kind of power can only be held by one of the five gods of Sacria. Aras wouldn’t have usually believed something like that, but given the circumstances, it was the most plausible scenario that they had come across so far. He would have to wait and see just how true these theories were.

At the moment, Aras was sitting in what they had come to call the Meeting House, which was really only a larger than usual tent, with a few of the other survivors. For the most part, everyone had agreed that the disappearance of the other humans was caused by the power of the gods. Now they just had to figure out how they would go about defeating the gods who had taken so many lives. Not an easy task at all, but it had to be done. So far, nobody had suggested any worthwhile ideas for how they could defeat, fight, or even weaken the gods. He already had a few ideas of his own, but he would wait and see what everyone had to say before offering up his ideas.

(Alright, here are all of the apps for everyone participating

Spoiler: Aaron 

Spoiler: Beauregard Magnus Granville 

Spoiler: Guld Zaloma 

Spoiler: Xyone 

Spoiler: Deyna 

Spoiler: Alexander 

(Sign-ups are open!)
    Last edited by Luigiguy78; December 3rd, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

I finally have a picture worthy of being my avatar Greenmaster17's Avatar

Re: Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

Aaron had gathered in the Meeting tent with a few others. The knight watched through the slits in her helmet as everyone entered the tent. She was somewhat surprised at the people who had been selected to lead the survivors, but she did recognize the names or faces of most everyone. No one seemed to be against trying to defeat the gods themselves. Clearly, this would be a doomed mission without a plan, and still rather suicidal with one. She began thinking through her training that was supposed to prepare her for anything. Unfortunately, there was no obvious way to defeat them with typical tactics. She finally recalled something one of her more realistic teachers and mumbled it to herself.
    "There are only two reliable ways to defeat an opposing force: proper guerrilla warfare or striking the enemy's weak points."
    There wasn't exactly a way to use guerrilla warfare in these circumstances, but perhaps the opponents did have an exploitable weakness. If the gods were responsible, maybe their personal defeats would undo everything that had happened. And throughout her life, she had been taught that the only way to get to the gods was through the Voices. If the Voices were still here, they would be the key to setting things right.
    Regardless, there were some more pressing matters at hand, namely how to kill the creatures. Everyone she had heard from had had little success against any of these... things that infested their lands. If they could learn to kill the monsters in this region, perhaps they could depose the Voice and start reversing the curse.
    She proposed her idea aloud to the group: "It seems that we need to find a way to kill the monsters before we can do anything, so we ought to get a team with a reasonable amount of experience and skill to try to find out what their weakness is. This team would need a variety of skills to pick from to discover their vulnerabilities."
    Ad then she realized that she may be organizing a suicide mission.
    Spoiler: chainy thing 

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Xyone blinked twice. "Sunlight... but I dont want to wake up yet" he mumbled to himself. He looked down. The tree he was resting on was uncomfortable, so he decided to get up anyhow. He grabbed his scarf, which was hanging on the tree, wrapped it around his neck, and went off. He was hungry, so he decided he would look for food first. He was supposed to be in a meeting, but his stomach greatly disagreed with it. He thought about his family, and wondered why he wasnt dead with them. And why did the Gods kill them, only God... I mean the Gods know. He wasnt feeling to pleases with the turnout of the events of his life so far, but he decided to deal with it. He entered the meeting room where he got the evil eye at least twice he sat down and looked around. He knew fighting was somewhat purposeless: Gods were invincible and they..... well they were an tiny bit less. Still, Xyone would rather die fighting, than let the Gods just pluck him out from the sky as a sitting duck. He unsheathed his sword. It gleamed beautifully in the suns daylight. It didnt attract any attention, which he was grateful for, and put it back in its resting spot. He glared around the room and was about to speak, when something told him not to. Probably his own brain....
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

"Can we eat yet?" asked Guld, still hungry from that morning (they didn't eat breakfast),"I'm starving, and I know Bo over there could cook up a nice meal... Wait, what were we talking about again?" He was still confused as to why they were there in the first place. But whatever it was, it had to be important, because Aros skipped the most important meal of the day to start talking about it.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

Deyna lay on his back, writing some sort of notice. His stomach growled, and he looked up at Guld. "I agree," he said while hiding the note behind his back, "We should eat." He laid down again and kept writing, making sure nobody looked over his shoulder. "Elise..." he thought, looking at the poem he was writing, "You may have been taken away physically, but you'll always be in my heart." He got up and left the tent, completely forgetting the fact that he was strategizing or hungry. He went and buried the note outside near the tent, and came back in with a depressed look on his face with his long blonde hair drooping over one of his eyes, and muffler falling off. He sat down, and stared at Bo. "When did you say we were eating?" he asked, his track of thought completely lost.

(Also, sorry for forgetting to edit my app, but Deyna... is a scatterbrain. Just wanted to put that in.)
    Last edited by Waddlesail; November 19th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Gone to Terra Firma- And Skype, probably Mirkwood579's Avatar
    Terra Firma. Or maybe Space. It's a mystery.

Alexander looked around the tent that they called the "Meeting House". It wasn't too much larger than a regular tent, but it would serve its purpose well. The collection of leaders here seemed really odd, with only a few people that actually looked useful in a fight. Although he had not really talked to anyone here that he could remember, he had seen them around camp in the time he had been here. There was one who he believed was a wyvern rider, one who was a cavalier, and one who seemed rich, but had gone through a rough time traveling. There were even a few who seemed to be thieves. He shuddered. He hated thievery, as well as the thieves who committed it. Was it not possible to be able to get a living doing something legal? Or, if they were young, could they not find an orphanage or someone to take them in? But, back to the matter at hand. Suddenly, two of the members of the meeting asked about food. "This is no time to think about food! If we're to be able to defeat the monsters, let alone the gods, we need to be focused!" He caught his breath and looked around. "I... I'm sorry for the outburst. But let's get down to business. Before we decide to volunteer for this investigation, we should gather what we already know. So, what do we know about these blobs that appeared around here?"
    Spoiler: quotes or something 

I am a proud member of The Resistance, AKA Crusaders of AERONT WHERE IN BLUE BLAZES DID YOU GET THAT THING, or C.O.A.W.I.B.B.D.Y.G.T.T. for short.

Aras listened the ideas of the others and even saw one of the thieves leave for a bit before coming back. After the mercenary's outburst, he decided to speak up. "I agree with the mercenary here. If we even want a chance against the gods then we're going to need to focus all of our time, thoughts, and energy into figuring this out." He turned to look at the cavalier. "I had the same thought process as you at first, but then I began thinking that they may not need anything too special to be defeated at all. I mean, why would the gods create near immortal creatures that could stand up against them? These new creatures may be tougher than us overall, but if we fight strategically then we'll have a good chance. It would still be useful to find out their weaknesses, but I don't believe that that is the most pressing matter at the moment. Right now we should find out the gods' weaknesses and how to exploit them before they realize that we lived, unless if they already know we made it out alive. Either way, we need to find a place that contains information on the gods as quickly as possible."

Aras sighed. "The only problem is that this is the first time I've ever traveled out of Caelus, so I don't even know if a place like that exists. I feel like there should be a library or book with information about the gods, but it's definitely not in Caelus as far as I'm aware. Any ideas?" As he waited for a response, Aras realized that he hadn't bothered to give out his name or learn anyone else's. "Er... the names Aras by the way." If only he could have said that more smoothly. He just always had to be awkward when talking about non-business topics.
    Last edited by Luigiguy78; November 19th, 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Derped up

"Y'know," said Guld, "I seem to remember in my many years of theivery finding a tablet called, 'The Gods of Sacria'. The thing is, only the title and info about the god Solum was in Solomian. The rest was in the languages of each of the god's countries, respectively." He didn't remember where he put it, or where he found it, and that emberassed him, so he didn't mention that part...

"Well, if there was such a tablet, it would be in either two places: a library or a temple. There aren't a ton of temples in Solum and the only library I know of in this area is in the Capitol."
    "Ahem. I apologize for not properly introducing myself earlier. My name is Aaron of Ancoro. Pleased to meet you."
    Frankly hunting down some tablet that might be somewhere in this empty continent didn't encourage her. Then again, she didn't really trust the thief.
    "Either way, there's probably something about the gods in the Capitol. Assuming we can actually get there, of course."
    Last edited by Greenmaster17; November 20th, 2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added intro

Gone to Terra Firma- And Skype, probably Mirkwood579's Avatar
    Terra Firma. Or maybe Space. It's a mystery.

"And that brings us back to square one. If we're to get to the Capitol, we're probably going to encounter some of those blob things. And if so, we're going to need a way to beat them. So, what do we know about them?" Alexander paused a moment. "And since Aras has given us his name, I suppose I will give you mine. It's Alexander."
    Spoiler: quotes or something 

I am a proud member of The Resistance, AKA Crusaders of AERONT WHERE IN BLUE BLAZES DID YOU GET THAT THING, or C.O.A.W.I.B.B.D.Y.G.T.T. for short.

Deyna stared at Aras, eyes locked with him. "Aras? That name seems familiar..." he said, still in firm eye contact. "You... Ah, never mind. I can't remember, but it there was a commotion about a wyvern and a person named Aras. Could that have been you, maybe?" He got up and examined him, staring with his somewhat-cold eyes. "Ah, I don't know..." he said, sitting down on his chair upside down. He then looked at Alexander. "Nice to meet you, Alex. My name's Deyna. Don't go overusing it."

"Name's Guld. I don't have much else to say, besides knowing that a fellow theif is among us, and that comforts me." He than started fiddling with his fake katana, which caught him a few strange looks.

As the conversation continued and the others introduced themselves. Aras began thinking of things that he had been told in his childhood about the different continents. He didn't remember much besides Solum being very isolated and Caelus sporting some of the largest cities in all of Sacria. He did remember one more place though, and it was on the tip of his tongue. "Terona, Terion, Terino..." he thought to himself. After cycling through a couple more names the name hit him along with his memories of the country. "Tercio!" Aras burst out. "I remember being told that a bunch of churches were located there where clerics, priests, and magicians were trained. If there's any place where we would find information on the gods then it's there. I think it would be in our best interests to head there and see if we can uncover any information about the gods. What do you guys think?" As he waited for a response one of the thieves, Deyna, said something about Aras being involved in an incident involving wyverns. "How would he even know that? Was he nearby when the event took place?" he thought. Before he could answer, Deyna thankfully dropped the question.

Just then Aras heard a roar coming from outside; an unmistakable roar that belonged to Hope. A roar that meant danger. He jumped up and ran out of the tent and glanced back at the others. "I'd hurry up and prepare for battle if I were you. I've heard that roar come from my wyvern more than once and it means danger." He quickly made his way over to where he had left Hope, under the care of Sydney, a pegasus rider that he had saved from the strange creatures while in Caelus. "I'm so sorry! I don't know what got into her Aras!" she exclaimed. "It's alright. Just untie her so I can get on. You might want to get on your pegasus as well. I think there's trouble." She nodded and went to untie Hope as carefully as possible while she thrashed about. "Shh... calm down girl. Everything is going to be okay." At the sound of his, the wyvern began to calm down enough for Sydney to untie her. "There you go Aras. She's ready to go." He hopped on Hope, unsheathed the axe connected to the saddle, and grabbed the reins with his free hand. "Thanks Sydney." With that Hope took off.

As soon as they were off the ground, Aras could immediately tell what was wrong. The blob creatures that he had seen coming into Solum were only a short distance away from the camp, traeling through a ravine at the moment, and nobody could even see them from ground level. Sydney had made her way to his side on her pegasus. "Sydney, rally everyone for battle. Those creatures that we saw earlier are only a short ways away now." "Yes, sir Aras." She took off towards the camp as quickly as possible. "Why does she insist on calling me sir? We're all equals here. I'm no commander." Aras sighed. "Oh well. I better focus on the situation at hand. Those things could be here any minute now." He yanked on the reins and Hope began diving down to lower ground level.

"... They're from the gods? Who told you this? How do we know that the tales aren't false and these are caused by some crazy magician?" remarked Deyna, falling off his chair and lying upside down on the floor. "Anyways, it would be good to find some clerics... Maybe Elise became..." he said, staring at the roof and missing Aras leaving. "Let's not find any bishops... At least don't let them see me. Had some nasty run-ins with them, don't want any more."

He then heard a wyvern outside. Sitting up with a start, he ran outside and saw Hope. "Wait, is that the wyvern? The one whose mother killed my brother and nearly mauled me? This one has the same mark on it's stomach as the babe that I left behind after looting the place..." He looked up, heard the call to battle, and followed Aras, keeping a close eye on the wyvern.
    Last edited by Waddlesail; November 21st, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Aaron was almost relieved when the time for fighting came. That was what she really felt comfortable with. She didn't know much about rhetoric, but she definetely knew how to ride. She ran outside and went to where she had left Chesnut.
    As she walked up to the steed, he stopped eating for a moment and looked up as if to communicate "sup?". Aaron rolled her eyes and began untying Chesnut. He began to complain as she dragged him away from his meal and mounted him. Nonetheless, after he was properly mounted, he began to shake his mane excitedly and began following the sound of the wyveryn.

"Welp, better get going." He was indeed asked if he wanted to go on wyvern, but he said he wanted to go on foot. He could use the exercise, anyway.
    He and Aaron seemed to be the only ones on land, as the rest were riding the wyvern. He felt kinda awkward though, being alone with a horse and a girl.

Xyone raised his eyes. The tent seemed almost empty. He had taken a nap during the meeting, and was sure that almost no progress was made. The rest of the meeting members were leaving the tent one by one, and Xyone decided that it would be in his best interest to leave as well. He was starving now, stomach on full roar. He went outside to look for food, but was surprised to see that people were gearing up. "Hmm.... seems like... an emergency? Battle..." That was definitely not on his to-do-list right now. He was sure the others could take care o whatever was hunting them. Besides, he was only going to be gone for a minute or so. He dashed out and past two people, which he did not recognize, one of foot, the other on horseback. He headed for the kitchen tent, where, hopefully they were still serving breakfast. He ate a owl of oatmeal, thanked the guy serving, and went on his way. He pulled out his bronze sword. It seemed to shimmer in the daylights radiating warmth. But this was no time to admire metal. He ran after the Wyvern to join his friends in combat.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

Deyna stared at Xyone and Guld, wondering why they couldn't see him as he dashed across the ground underneath the wyvern. Could it have been the shadow, or his natural tendency to blend in with his surroundings? He thought about what these creatures looked like, as his memory of the only one he saw was blocked out. He jumped up and grabbed onto the back of Chestnut and pulled himself on. "Mind if I catch a ride?" he asked.

Aaron was enjoying riding on her own, so to say she was upset when a thief jumped onto her horse might be putting it lightly.
    "Hey! What's the big idea!"
    Chesnut, who didn't seem to mind as he kept cantering along, shook his mane to communicate: 'What's the problem, you don't see me complaining."
    The cavalier hesitantly cooperated with her horse.
    "Ugh. Fine, you can stay on for a while. Just don't touch me and don't mess with any of my stuff. And don't bother Chesnut, he's sensitive."
    She still felt uncomfortable with a thief riding her horse. She'd have to give a lecture about personal space to these vagabonds. And her horse apparently.

"Ugh, I was hoping to be kinda alone here," said Guld, feeling quite, and I mean QUITE, annoyed. "But clearly, all thieves prefer ground. Thanks, Deyna."

Deyna stroked Chestnut, staring ahead. He looked at Guld, with a semi-snarky smile on his face. "Heh, you still get the ground. I'm just riding." He then turned and glanced at Aaron. "So, this is Chestnut? Pleased to meet you, Chestnut. Eaten any good oats recently?"
    He stuck his hand in Aaron's pocket and felt around. "Huh... Hard times? Here's your pay for the ride." He slipped a few small bullion in her pocket and continued staring at the horizon.

(Hey, some of you guys are posting and you only have about 1-3 sentences when you post and they really aren't that substantial. Part of the arena rules says that you need to post a fair amount before posting. I want some of you guys to start thinking before you post more and try to make things longer.)

Aras looked back and saw some of the people who had been in the tent earlier close behind him. So far none of them had really proven themselves adequate to help lead a group of survivors except for Alexander and that Aaron girl. The thieves fooled around way too much and couldn't seem to grasp the full severity of the situation yet and he hadn't talked to the rest of them enough to really get a grasp on their qualities and personality. That didn't matter right now though, all that mattered is whether they could fight now.

Aras had now made his way above the blobs, which were now out of the ravine and only a short distance away from their camp. He looked back and saw that the others still hadn't arrived yet, but he couldn't wait any longer now. He loosened his grip on Hope's reins and she quickly began to dive downwards at one of dozen blob creatures. Aras got his axe ready to strike down on the enemy when it suddenly turned and did something extraordinary. The blob began to shift its entire body around until it took the shape of himself riding on Hope's back. It looked almost exactly like him and Hope except for the fact that the replica was missing their faces. Aras yanked on Hope's reins to stop their descent and pulled them left to get her to turn in the other direction away from the shape-shifter. The replica Aras took off after them and the other creatures began to transform into copies them too. Within a matter of seconds, he had a dozen copies of him in pursuit of him. "I could use some help getting these guys off me!" he yelled out. He had been stupid to go in alone like that. He should have waited for the others or something. But then again, he hadn't thought that the blobs could transform into something as large as a wyvern.

Aaron was rather relieved when they came into contact with the blobs. However, she was slightly surprised that they had transformed into Aras... and the wyvern. That was just weird. But hey, she had something better to do than worry if one of the thieves was going to steal her belt buckle. Regardless, time for some action. Chestnut turned towards the clones and the rider raised her lance towards the group of wyvern riders. Usually, she wouldn't attack wyvern riders for a myriad of reason, but hopefully this would buy the others some time. Before she jabbed the nearest blob, she recalled her passenger. Well, too late to change now
    "Hang on, we're going straight into them!"
    She aimed for a rider and hoped for the best.

Long story short: After taking a wrong turn in the woods, Xyone finally made his way to the scene of the fight. After jumping off (It was probably falling) a cliff. And landing on a Wyverns back. At this point, Xyone thought that it was Aras who saw him "jump" off the cliff, except that the rider had no face. However, the rider did look a lot like Aras, clothing, height hair, etc. The Wyvern was the exact color of that of Aras' Wyvern, but, like its rider, had no complete face. The rider hissed at Xyone, but with a well timed sliced, he knocked the rider off. He had no experience with a Wyvern, but he was sure it was no different than a horse. He pulled on the rope that binded the fake Wyvern, and like he hoped, it went up. He saw other copies of Aras and the Wyvern, some flying, others preoccupied on the ground. He couldnt attack without getting in close, since he couldnt tell which Aras was real. Instead, he jumped up, and slashed the fake Wyvern, which turned into pure goo. He caught onto a tree branch, and landed on the ground next to the fighter he recognized as Aaron. "Hey there!" She looked stunned at his sudden appearance, but quickly went back to her business. Xyone unsheathed his sword, and started to attack the nearest Wyvern.

Aras continued in his attempt to outmaneuver the clones, but to no avail. Luckily, his allies had finally arrived to help out. He glanced at Aaron and saw her manage to knock one of the riders off their mount, killing them but attracting the attention of the rider's wyvern. She could probably handle it from what he had seen though. Xyone had managed to kill one of the wyverns by himself and land on a nearby tree branch, looking for his next target. What he hadn't saw was that the rider of the slain wyvern had leaped off of its wyvern right before it was killed and was on the branch below Xyone, with axe out and ready to go. Aras had to act fast if he was going to keep Xyone from getting seriously injured. "Hope" he whispered to his wyvern, "Distract these clones while I try to help this guy out. Try to keep them close to the ground so our cavalry and infantry can get a good hit on some of them." Hope roared in response and he dove off of her, aiming to slash his cloned self in two.

"Move, Xyone!" he bellowed. The creature had grabbed onto Xyone's leg and was about to bury its axe straight into his thigh. Luckily, he was able to twist around in time to give Aras room to attack the clone. Aras drove the tip of his axe deep into the copy's skull and forced the two of them to the ground below. As soon as they hit the ground, the body of the clone began to dissipate. "Well, that's two down and ten to go. I'd say we've got this under control now."

Thread Information