Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

Spoiler: Story 

Spoiler: Character Creation 

Spoiler: Example Character 

Spoiler: Battle Mechanics 

Spoiler: Classes 

Spoiler: Weapons 

Spoiler: Children Characters 

Spoiler: Map of Sacria 

I'll be accepting anywhere from 7-9 participants depending on how many applicants I get. I will decide who gets in by quality of the application.

Sign-ups will last for roughly two and a half weeks.
    Last edited by Luigiguy78; October 28th, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Re: Fire Emblem: Kamigami no Tatakai (Battle of the Gods)

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention that I'm going to keep the sign-ups open for about 2 and a half weeks if I get enough applicants. I'll update my first post with this information as soon as I can use something to type besides my Ipod.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Um...I don't know about this. It seems like a rip-off of a future Fire Emblem game. There has to be something that sets it apart aside from the fact this one's on a forum.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

How could this possibly be a rip-off of a future Fire Emblem game that doesn't even exist yet? It may seem similar to a plot that could be possible for a future game, but that's only because I tried to make the plot feel like it could possibly exist in the Fire Emblem universe.

I may be wrong, but I also feel like I made the rp different enough to make it so or isn't a rip-off of any of the other games. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn had something similar to this happen, but never on such a large level that only about 50 people were left alive while everyone else was gone forever.

If you could specify certain things that I could fix though, that would be helpful for me to improve the quality of this rp.

I finally have a picture worthy of being my avatar Greenmaster17's Avatar

Only question I have before applying, are there any distinct differences between the different countries? I.e. Does one have a lot more cavalry or such than another or is another known for vast wastelands traversed by nomadic tribesmen?

Other than that it looks pretty good
    Spoiler: chainy thing 

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

This is a pretty detailed RP submission already, and my primary suggestion would be to go over each of the countries and describe what they are (or what they were), including geographical features and the like. I think knowing more would be important so people can know where they'll be going and where they can have their characters originate from.

I see you're trying to incorporate a lot of Fire Emblem elements in here, but I feel like it makes things more complicated than necessary. Telling me you have an experience system makes me uncertain already – what's the experience for? I like how you're encouraging active writing, but it sounds like you're planning on listing large groups of enemies and letting players control them, which I think might get very confusing, especially if, say people are up against the same person and they each have to write about their actions. I think you should elaborate, but I think you might be better off having fewer enemies overall and controlling them like individuals instead of fodder that the players can do what they wish with. At the same time, you should make sure things don't get too slowed down by single fight scenes.

I also don't think weapon ranks and listings can apply well, realistically, to an RP. Why would a person able to handle a bow made out of steel not be able to handle one made of silver? It makes sense for the game, but maybe weapons shouldn't be as big of a focus in a story setting.

Also, trying to incorporate a second generation of characters is both interesting, but it also sounds difficult. To be honest, I don't know if you'll ever get to a second generation of characters, and if you do, I'm still unsure about it since it forces people to make certain kinds of characters. Like, maybe someone just isn't interested in having any romance for their character in this RP. If you're intent on keeping something like this, maybe you should open up the possibility of just controlling some other younger character later on.

I think the mechancis are a bit too contrived for me to approve this RP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopario View Post
    Um...I don't know about this. It seems like a rip-off of a future Fire Emblem game. There has to be something that sets it apart aside from the fact this one's on a forum.
    Well, I know this has already been addressed, but I wrote this reply up anyways. How do you rip off something that doesn't exist? We've had plenty of RPs based off of other things before, and this one's particularly original because there's an original setting and story for it. Having an original setting and being an RP sets it apart completely from the actual series.

So is that why Path of the Partners failed? Anyway, won't this whole class thing kinda limit customization? I tried to get away with something a bit similar, and, well, it didn't work. So try NOT to do that.
    Last edited by Koopario; October 28th, 2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Whoop! Details I kinda missed...

So is that why Path of the Partners failed? Anyway, won't this whole class thing kinda limit customization? I tried to get away with something a bit similar, and, well, it didn't work. So try NOT to do that.
    I think the issue with your RP was different. It was less about the idea of archetypes and more about how the RP demanded that there were a set group of archetypes that people would have to fill – for example, there were types A, B, and C to choose from, but if someone was already A and C the last person would be forced to be B. I suppose people may not want class overlaps, but there's a fair bit of freedom here and FE has such varied classes that there should be something for everyone.

I don't have any issue with the class system. There's been RPs with such a thing before, even a Fire Emblem based one.

Really? I don't know... I'd like to see this rp, but I don't see luigiguy pulling this off...

Really? I don't know... I'd like to see this rp, but I don't see luigiguy pulling this off...
    Do you think you can elaborate on your position?

Honestly, doing an RP that sweeps over multiple nations with such a large story won't be easy. It's really ambitious and incorporating things like a second generation of characters will only make things more difficult. Unfortunately we haven't had any RPs finish, and ones on such a large scale have a hard time getting too far. It depends on how this is run, I suppose. I don't know what story is in store here, but my suggestion to you, Luigiguy, is to have it be malleable and not be overly ambitious. Like, maybe you don't strictly need to go to every country since an NPC group goes there or the leader comes to face you, or something.

That all said, the premise is still fine, even though I'm not as big on the mechanics. Wherever you go with this, I think what matters is that the RP works and everyone has fun while it's going.

Well, you've got a point there, but I do kinda like how instead of (Move>Attack>Weapon>battle>repeat>etc.), it kinda goes by more of a Glitz Pit standard in attacks. Are you complaining about that or is it something else? Either way, you got that right, luigiguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing View Post
    I see you're trying to incorporate a lot of Fire Emblem elements in here, but I feel like it makes things more complicated than necessary. Telling me you have an experience system makes me uncertain already – what's the experience for? I like how you're encouraging active writing, but it sounds like you're planning on listing large groups of enemies and letting players control them, which I think might get very confusing, especially if, say people are up against the same person and they each have to write about their actions. I think you should elaborate, but I think you might be better off having fewer enemies overall and controlling them like individuals instead of fodder that the players can do what they wish with. At the same time, you should make sure things don't get too slowed down by single fight scenes.

I also don't think weapon ranks and listings can apply well, realistically, to an RP. Why would a person able to handle a bow made out of steel not be able to handle one made of silver? It makes sense for the game, but maybe weapons shouldn't be as big of a focus in a story setting.
    It might be worth pointing out, that my FE RP from a couple years ago was approved without the need of scrutiny and I too included these things (and keep in mind it failed due to entirely unrelated reasons). I can understand why you might not like exp, though, as it can lead to some serious hangups (not to mention the general phobia of gameplay elements on this board), so that is probably worth revision in this RP's case. Perhaps just nix experience and implement story-based promotions, Luigiguy?
    Weapon ranks, on the other hand, are extremely trivial and I don't think it's worth anyone's time to get caught up on it. The letter ranks can easily be interpreted as a measure of the weapon's strength rather than a restriction of what can be used.

aside from that, I agree that this RP could use some more fluff on the setting. I know it'd make it easier for me to write up my character if I had some ideas of country differences pre- and post-purge. And I agree with Dynawing on the idea of giving the option of romance-less characters and unrelated second-gen profiles.

Alright I fixed quite a few of the issues addressed.

1. Gave an actual description of the countries before the explosion and the creatures inhabiting them afterward. This information is in the map section

2. I decided to scrap the whole experience points system and I'll just have story-based promotions as Zelos suggested. I also decided to down-scale battles for the most part and have smarter enemies by me controlling them for the most part.

3. I completely scrapped weapon ranks. Everyone still has to start with the most basic version of their weapon of choice, but they can wield any other weapon that can be wielded by their class once they find one.

4. I still really want to keep the second-generation character thing, so I decided to make a compromise. I still really want you to control a child character as your second-gen character, but if your completely against having a romantically-involved character then just let me know and we'll work together to work things out as time goes on so that you don't have to use a child character. I still want you guys to go with the child character option if you aren't completely against romance though.

If you guys have any other suggestions or complaints, then just let me know.

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

A Suggestion: Add new classes corresponding to the various lords, if even just for the US released ones. (I.E. Eirika Lord, Roy Lord, and Eliwood Lord would be Fencer, Ephraim Lord would be Halberdier, Ike Lord would be Ranger, Lyn Lord would be Nomad Swordsmaster, and Hector would be Armored Warrior.)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesail View Post
    A Suggestion: Add new classes corresponding to the various lords, if even just for the US released ones. (I.E. Eirika Lord, Roy Lord, and Eliwood Lord would be Fencer, Ephraim Lord would be Halberdier, Ike Lord would be Ranger, Lyn Lord would be Nomad Swordsmaster, and Hector would be Armored Warrior.)
    Well, I see your point here but I think that the non-lord classes cover this pretty well. Erika, Ephraim Roy and Eliwood would all be well filled by myrmidons and cavaliers, Lyn is basically an assassin with higher strength and lower luck, Ike is practically a merc (one of his classes is actually hero) and hector is just a merc that gains swords upon promotion rather than axes.

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmaster17 View Post
    Well, I see your point here but I think that the non-lord classes cover this pretty well. Erika, Ephraim Roy and Eliwood would all be well filled by myrmidons and cavaliers, Lyn is basically an assassin with higher strength and lower luck, Ike is practically a merc (one of his classes is actually hero) and hector is just a merc that gains swords upon promotion rather than axes.
    Ah, alright. Gonna apply... tomorrow.

Spoiler: app 

Desu.

Spoiler: Beauregard Magnus Granville 

With setting more thoroughly covered and the RP seeming to be more streamlined overall I'll be giving my approval now. The second generation of characters seems to be a pretty big part of the RP, and my main issue with it (romance being necessary) has been addressed. Hope this all goes well!

Approvals: 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos Wilder View Post
    It might be worth pointing out, that my FE RP from a couple years ago was approved without the need of scrutiny and I too included these things (and keep in mind it failed due to entirely unrelated reasons). I can understand why you might not like exp, though, as it can lead to some serious hangups (not to mention the general phobia of gameplay elements on this board), so that is probably worth revision in this RP's case.
    I admit I probably wouldn't have liked it very much, but at that point I was mostly wondering what the experience system was going to be used for and what the significance of levels would be, but it's a moot point now.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Yup, everything looks good here. Have fun!

Approvals: 2/2

Spoiler: Guld Zaloma 
    Last edited by MisterM; November 5th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

MisterM, everything looks good except for the fact that you have to start out with a bronze sword. Just change that and you'll be good to go.

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Spoiler: My new fighter 
    Last edited by SuperMii3D; November 5th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

Uh, its [ SPOILERBOX], not SPOILER.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

Thread Information