Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruane View Post
    Yellow was a Game Boy Color game outside of Japan so it should have color. However, each town and route was just a different monochrome color palette so it won't be as pretty as the full colored games of Generation II.

I'm actually having a harder time imagining a Cloud amiibo and his future game compatibility than imagining how Cloud will mesh with Super Smash Bros. Sonic and Mega Man in Super Mario Maker felt surreal enough, though they aesthetically could fit in. Cloud on the other hand . . .
    Clouds basically the Snake of this game. Even more than Ryu. In theory he could fit, but he's held back by the design of his home series and company without enough leeway to make it work. If they shifted his colours and shading just a bit, like they did with the Twilight Princess designs, he'd fit in more.

Also pssshhh... functionality. We're a year in and some of the amiibo have next to nothing outside of Smash. They'll make him for the sole purpose of consistency and the diehard FF7 fanboys and amiibo collectors gobbling that amiibo up.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

I imagine the Cloud amiibo could have a form of compatibility with future Final Fantasy titles.
    Final Fantasy: Explorers may actually have something for that.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    I imagine the Cloud amiibo could have a form of compatibility with future Final Fantasy titles.
    Final Fantasy: Explorers may actually have something for that.
    Debatable. The game is going to be over a year old in Japan when we get it. Square may not bother patching it in(hell we don't even have confirmation for Roy in Fates).

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    Debatable. The game is going to be over a year old in Japan when we get it. Square may not bother patching it in(hell we don't even have confirmation for Roy in Fates).
    Yeah, I was more using FF: Explorers for an example there isn't really a shortage of opportunities for Cloud Amiibo compatibility.

Double posting for an update on info!

A Nintendo Direct is happening tomorrow!
    http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/03-03-2016/

Source Gaming has also provided Bingo Card templates. XD
    Spoiler: huge image 

Why, hello there, I didn't hear you come in. Please, make yourself at home. NowhereStarr14's Avatar

$20 bucks they don't give release dates for Star Fox Zero or Zelda U. Those are gonna' be Wii U games, as well as NX launch titles. Majority of this presentation will probably be on 3DS.
    There is a world, as tangible as our own.
    Impossible to see, yet, unavoidable to sense.
    A world enveloped by a seemingly unending
    ocean of forests. Buried deep in that forest,
    tucked away neatly within a blanket of twilight,
    lies a quaint little cabin...and in that cabin...

is a buncha guys, who's a...buncha...stuff...or...

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereStarr14 View Post
    $20 bucks they don't give release dates for Star Fox Zero or Zelda U. Those are gonna' be Wii U games, as well as NX launch titles. Majority of this presentation will probably be on 3DS.
    "Catch a new Nintendo Direct on March 3 at 2 p.m. PT for updates on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles planned for launch through summer 2016."

It seems pretty likely that they'll have info on both of these. Especially since Zero already has a release date, April 22nd, and Zelda U is probably coming out this year. In other news, the new leak suggests that there's also going to be a
    First Print Edition of Star Fox Zero.
    Last edited by SockOutTheWindow; March 3rd, 2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Well, we got new info on Star Fox, but Zelda gets apparently saved for the E3.

Also, new Kirby game!
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

I was mildly interested by Paper Mario since it was a Home Console and had the potential to be better than Sticker Star by default, Kirby (insert dumb name here) but I haven't been interested by Kirby as much, Rhythm Heaven for having connections to Warioware, Dragon Quest XVII because JRPGS, and SMTxFE out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Literally the only thing that interested me this direct was Kirby Planet Robobot. New Paper Mario looks like Sticker Star on Wii U but with paint, which is very disappointing tbh, really just wished they went back to rpgs. Oh and I like that Splatoon isn't over with updates yet. I REALLY hope that the 'new splatfest elements' are splatfest squads, because for some reason you can't do that already, and the only other exploit, syncing exact times for joining rooms, is effective, but barely.

But I'm a sucker for kirby games, and triple deluxe 2.0 with robots and amiibos is something I can totally get behind. The one thing I really want out of this game right now though isTrue Arena mech fights with Heavy Lobster and HR-D3 PLS

A pretty good direct, nothing crazy, but still interesting.

-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge looks like a neat free game. (If you have amiibo that is, which I finally do. XD)
    -Medli in Hyrule Warriors Legends (Been really interested in this game, though I just have a normal 3DS... not sure how well that will work.)
    -Monster Hunter Generations looks pretty neat with the new fancy attacks, but I am going to need more info. (After all, I still have a lot to do in the previous game.)
    -Paper Mario: Color Splash also looks quite interesting. (Well anything Paper Mario gets my interest, though going to need more info on combat and content.)
    -More info on Metroid Prime: Federation Force. (Doesn't really look all that bad, but hasn't quite pulled my interest yet.)
    -Kirby Planet Robobot. (that title. XD) I am quite looking forward to another Kirby game, I wonder what new abilities there will be!
    Last edited by Puzzle044; March 3rd, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Paper Mario: Color Splash killed a small part of me. The series has fallen down a whole I fear it will never climb out of.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE finally has a release date ... and an English name.

That's it. I can't say there was much new stuff in this direct, let alone anything that interested me. Star Fox Guard has left me a bit curious, but I don't understand if it is a full game or not. And of all the Virtual Console announcements we could have heard, SNES games on the new 3DS was the last one I wanted. I'm not paying for those games again. Not even EarthBound.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

Why, hello there, I didn't hear you come in. Please, make yourself at home. NowhereStarr14's Avatar

Rhythm Heaven Megamix! New Paper Mario! Two games I'm real excited about. It seems like I'm the only person in the world who actually likes Sticker Star, so I'm wondering how this one will turn out.
    There is a world, as tangible as our own.
    Impossible to see, yet, unavoidable to sense.
    A world enveloped by a seemingly unending
    ocean of forests. Buried deep in that forest,
    tucked away neatly within a blanket of twilight,
    lies a quaint little cabin...and in that cabin...

is a buncha guys, who's a...buncha...stuff...or...

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

Ugh, does Nintendo really not understand that the appeal of the first two Paper Mario games doesn't come from the fact that it's paper? The paper element was best when used as a stylistic choice, not as the main factor around which the recent games are revolving themselves around. The first three games were enjoyable for the colorful cast of characters and the intriguing storylines, and the first two had the fun RPG battles and partner systems. It's like they're trying to be innovative but they keep innovating the wrong parts. Yes, it's paper, so stickers and paint are technically thematically appropriate, but that's not what the series WAS originally.

But I'm totally down with that new Kirby and those amiibos so yeah.

Now, I imagine Popplio balancing an Oshawott's Scalchop on his nose... gamer2332's Avatar
    Let's just say Lively Town and get on with it... (Though for real, Georgia)

FINALLY! We're getting the new Rhythm Heaven!
    Also, why are SNES games New 3DS only? I feel like the old one can play it just fine...
    Apparently, Seviper evolves into Arbok, and WATER TYPES are weak against FIRE TYPES! (Guess that means I can't have Fennekin as a partner...)

DAMMIT, 4KIDS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

I'll take all the chances I can get to make "subtle" jabs against Ash Ketch Jack S***!

Oh, nearly forgot.
    There is the Preregistration for MyNintendo, signing up early will get you some free Platinum Points.
    Not sure what they are for yet, but I guess we will see within this month.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Disappointing direct. The Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Kirby news was all great! ...but that's about it. Twilight Princess and Pokken were just wastes of time, they said absolutely nothing new about them and TP is out today anyhow so mentioning it beyond some post-HW "also don't forget, Twilight Princess HD tomorrow!" was silly to begin with. Same goes for Dragon Quest - they didn't specify a release date, they just reiterated that it was coming out at the general time they previously stated.

The main source of my ire is that Paper Mario was just downright insulting with how hypocritical it was. "We like to keep things fresh in Paper Mario". This is even what Miyamoto said in the past. Miyamoto prevented Sticker Star from being an RPG because he didn't want a story and he wanted it to be "fresh"... AND THEN THEY MAKE STICKER STAR 2. They're either completely lacking in self-awareness or they know what they did yet don't care or think they can just say "it's different because paint instead of stickers!" as if that means anything. Sticker Star 2 is absolutely what this game is: it has the same kind of map, paint was shown doing the same things that stickers did on the overworld, there are disposable one time use attacks, similar looking battle system but cards instead of stickers, they even showed off the goddamn fan power being reused. It's incredibly blatant, paint instead of stickers is just a very minor aesthetic change. I just can't believe they pulled this, all this talk of freshness in Paper Mario and even leading in to the announcement with it and then it's rehash of the poorly received previous entry. Sticker Star sold a lot, sure... but consider the past Paper Mario games: Paper Mario was on the N64 and TTYD was on the Gamecube, compared to SPM on the Wii and SS on the 3DS. It's night and day with the success of the consoles the RPGs are on compared to the consoles the non-RPGs are on, if they didn't sell better with more potential consumers available then Paper Mario would be a brand no longer worth pursuing from a financial perspective. And all things considered, Sticker Star might have sold a hell of a lot more if audiences liked it more (don't believe me that people generally disliked it? Just check Metacritic. Obviously doesn't account for everyone in the world but the gap in review scores from both critics and general audiences between Sticker Star and all the other Paper Mario games is palpable).

I also think the doubling down on Federation Force is amusing. I'm not really opposed to the game - I just hate the art style, it's awful looking. But seriously, think about how they handled this... they revealed it and received immediate backlash. How do they respond to this? They shuffle away, ignore that the game exists for almost a year, and trot it back out with "We promise it's good, here's why it belongs as a Metroid game, accept it now!" They had an entire year of free market research provided with the vitriolic reactions to Federation Force, and their response was to just hide it away while ignoring the criticism and eventually showed it off again without really addressing the actual issues people had with it. They just tried revealing it again, this time with PLEASE LIKE IT THIS TIME slapped all over it, without even addressing criticisms people had of it being boring or ugly looking. What they genuinely could have done, and what I think would've softened stances quite a bit, is begin a budget 2D Metroid game for the 3DS and show screenshots or a short clip of it. Metroidvanias are not difficult to make, they are not expensive, they don't take very long to make (I point you to Castlevania in the 2000s for proof of this, Castlevania was effectively a yearly franchise for a while there) - this is why they're a huge genre by Indie developers, along with the unfulfilled demand for them. This theoretical Metroid game obviously wouldn't be complete for a while, earliest I could possibly see that is maybe holiday 2016, but it'd be giving Metroid fans one of the things they've wanted for a while now; reassurance that the things they liked about the series aren't being abandoned. This wouldn't have made people magically like Federation Force all of a sudden, but it could've calmed people down and as a result some people who wrote Federation Force off may have then considered trying it out to tide them over while they wait for the Metroid game they actually want. But like with the Paper Mario game, Nintendo's seemingly willfully tone deaf on issues like this. While I think the reaction to Federation Force is a bit hyperbolic, I can't say that I'm excited for it myself, and there are just so many other ways they could've handled the fallout from E3. Instead they just chose to try again without changing a thing, hoping that time alone would heal all wounds.

At the end of the day though, at least we have a new 3DS Kirby game - I'm actually stunned it took them this long to do another, frankly. Significant updates for Splatoon and Mario Maker also look excellent - keys and coins add so, so much to the game.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; March 4th, 2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer2332
    Also, why are SNES games New 3DS only? I feel like the old one can play it just fine...
    I'm not sure either. The only possible reason I can think of is that they want to give people a more legitimate reason to buy a New 3DS, without losing followers by making regular 3DS games exclusive for no real reason.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Yeah it's just a cheap way of trying to get more N3DS sales. Nothing else to it really, the 3DS can play ports of Wii games so that alone tells you it's strong enough to play measly little 3DS games. If nothing else it makes for a pretty funny joke at least, "3DS too weak to play SNES".
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Late. :/
    The Splatoon announcement made me squee. I'm sure this has been said an uncountable amount of times already, but I am STOKED for new weapons.
    Wasabi Splattershot seems like a rude comment to Splattershot Pro. Though I have a bias against the normal Splattershot line, so that's really just a pet peeve.
    Fresh Squiffer looks sweet, but the lack of any long-range option likely means I'll be sticking to New Squiffer.
    Totally forgot what Berry Splattershot Pro was.
    Kirby looks good. Really good. Excited for that, and the trailer was cool. The quest mode looks amazing in particular. Not exactly digging the new amiibo for him (or the game's name), but meh. I'll likely still try to pick up some of them.
    Mario Maker was cool. Pokken too.
    Everything else: didn't really care, wasn't thinking about them then, not now (unless I'm forgetting).
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Paper Mario looks fun, Kirby looks fun, Rhythm Heaven Megamix is being localized, Mario Maker has Keys and Key Coins which make exploration based levels more viable, Star Fox Zero has a really fun amiibo support thing, Mario & Sonic looks like short fun... Pretty satisfied overall.

Oh, and Medli in HW for free! That's awesome, except now I have to level her up and that takes forever (since the Rupee glitch isn't all that effective, doesn't always work). If they had some $4 DLC that leveled everyone up to 100 I'd definitely buy it. I just don't have enough patience to deal with leveling every character up to beat the Adventure Maps.
    Last edited by itsameluigi1290; March 4th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.

There has been an Nintendo Investor meeting, thus there has been some news.

Looks like the next two Mobile Apps are going to be Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem related, both coming this Autumn.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...02450714857472
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016...s-1102529.html

The NX release date has been pushed to March 2017, and won't be showed at E3 (The President of Nintendo did say he wanted to still announce info on it this year though.)
    https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/2...s-to-be-ready/
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016...s-1102529.html

The new Legend of Zelda will be the focus of E3, and will be released at the same time for both Wii U and NX.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...24978984083456
    Last edited by Puzzle044; April 27th, 2016 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information