Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: December 18th)

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Nintendo seems to be reaching out to third parties a lot lately with all this crossover action.
    Yeah, while I think there's still a lot they should be doing with 3rd parties I do really like the crossover stuff. Hyrule Warriors (please keep that as the name) looks really awesome and it's another unexpected crossover thing, it's just cool to see them interested in doing that now. Was Brawl maybe the catalyst for that? Since then they've been more than willing to do crossover things, like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics leading to several games.

Quote Originally Posted by Snifit View Post
    I'm sure this game is going to be good. I'm just a little worried it's not going to be great. MKWii felt off to me but MK7 knocked it out of the park. I hope it continues in that direction.
    It looks to me like it takes a lot more from MK7 than Wii, and I hope that's the case. Wii's one of my least favorite Mario Kart games altogether, but 7 is - weak roster aside - pretty much the best one.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

The first notable crossovers for Nintendo seemed to spring up in the GameCube era, with Link in Soul Calibur, the Namco/Pac-Man Mario Kart arcade games, and that weird NBA Street thing. I think a lot of this may have been spurred on with the agreements between Nintendo, Namco, and Sega at the time, but it's definitely seen a resurgence lately with the games mentioned above and others (SMT x FE, Pokemon Conquest). I do still think we haven't gotten a really ambitious crossover type game between two huge series yet--they always seem to be a one big one and one semi-obscure one, two big ones in a strange premise (Mario & Sonic) or in the case of SMT x FE, two medium-ish ones.
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I'm very curious about Hyrule Warriors. I just recently bought Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for the Wii U, and while the gameplay is not as deep as I wished in a few areas, it's fun to play. And since I already enjoyed fighting hordes of Bokoblins since The Wind Waker's Shark Island and the Bokoblin horde at the and of Skyward Sword, I'm really looking forward to this game.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

I haven't seen the direct yet, but just hearing all this news it sounds great. As someone who enjoys the Warriors series Hyrule Warriors sounds awesome, and Rosalina is an unexpected inclusion for SSB4 but one I really like, too. I'm definitely interested in playing as her.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX20100 View Post
    Well, I was able to get most of Nintendo's Direct... And one thing has been bothering me.

I may be overanalyzing WAY too far on this, but why did that SSB4 video start out the way it did? You know, with Kirby on the Warp Star, music from Kirby Air Ride playing (specifically Celestial Valley I think), and showing Rainbow Road along with Mario Kart? HAL Labs, are you planning something with a Kirby Air Ride 2?

...I'd be very shocked if this was actually correct. Once again, I have a feeling I'm overanalyzing that WAY too much...

But then again, it doesn't hurt to throw a theory out there, right?
    It was meant as a fake-out.

Initially you're supposed to think that it's a trailer for a new Kirby Air Ride, then you're supposed to think that it's a trailer revealing that Kirby is going to be in the new Mario Kart. Eventually it reveals that the trailer is actually announcing Rosalina as a character in Smash 4.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Let's finish this! Right here, right now!

I will continue suspecting it anyway. Take me as a fool, but I still hopefully (and foolishly--*slapped*) await for such a sequel. Maybe (probably not)...

(I'm serious, I know it won't happen, but I'll believe anyway. Like the blindly na´ve fool I am.)
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3866-8947-0611
    3DS Friend Code: 1590-4724-7065

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

I have to say the reveal for smash at the end made me jump a bit

Rosalina feels like a major clean up character or one who can rack up combos real easily. Plus I was shedding tears when the kirby air ride music started. At first I was thinking mario kart 8 was going to have Kirby in it.

I really loved this direct.
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

I had a lot of different ideas going through my head as well when I saw it. I have to wonder how the rest of the Kirby fanbase is going to be reacting to that tease.

HAL Labs may have just put themselves in a position for a lot of heat if 'Kirby Air Ride 2' doesn't become a reality. Sure, the first one ended up being meh, but every reasonable person knows the real underlying issue for that; the control.

I'd rant on it, but this topic is for the Direct, so, if anything, I'll end up ranting about it in the Kirby topic.

Okay, so...

Hyrule Warriors looks kick-ass. It looks like the developers just threw together whatever Zelda thing they could find into one game with no regard for chronological accuracy, but if that means we can use the Fire Rod on King Dodongo, something that never happened in canon, then who cares about continuity?

Kirby Triple Deluxe looks interesting.

As for the Sonic Lost World DLC, the Yoshi's New Island part looks interesting, but when he was talking about the second DLC, I couldn't help but notice the big frikkin' Triforce logo on the wall. And he emphasized the word 'link'. Make of that what you will.

Smash Bros. I'm hoping there IS a Rainbow Road stage. Rosalina was an interesting surprise. She looks like a difficult character to use, but then so was Mewtwo in Melee.

Love the Mario Galaxy and Airport courses for MK8. I'm hoping the MK8 Rainbow Road course is the one from the Smash Bros. trailer.

When I saw that SSB reveal trailer, for the first 10 seconds I was freaking out. I've been waiting years for a KAR sequel, but deep down I just kind of knew it would never happen. Then Nintendo (or, did Sakurai direct that trailer? Iwata seemed to say something like that) trolled us with that. As disappointing as that was though, now we have some pretty strong hints pointing towards a new KAR game. We have that, and City Trial boxes in the Kirby: Triple Deluxe fight mode. I just really hope Nintendo is working on something, and that they weren't just trolling with no intentions to make a sequel.
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos, from Gravity Falls

I'm working on a Future Pinball game, called Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride! Check out my blog if you want to know more!

So for the Mario Kart 8 trailer, everybody keeps saying there are UFOs but I haven't spotted them. Anyone know what these UFOs are about?

Quote Originally Posted by mystman12 View Post
    When I saw that SSB reveal trailer, for the first 10 seconds I was freaking out. I've been waiting years for a KAR sequel, but deep down I just kind of knew it would never happen. Then Nintendo (or, did Sakurai direct that trailer? Iwata seemed to say something like that) trolled us with that. As disappointing as that was though, now we have some pretty strong hints pointing towards a new KAR game. We have that, and City Trial boxes in the Kirby: Triple Deluxe fight mode. I just really hope Nintendo is working on something, and that they weren't just trolling with no intentions to make a sequel.
    Something about me tells me that Nintendo (more specifically, HAL, which is basically a second, smaller Nintendo) may not be just trolling. I do agree that the chances are slim to none, but what if...!

HAL. Do it. NAOW.

Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.

I wouldn't give Kirby chances to be in Mario Kart because Nintendo said earlier that they're sticking with Mario characters, and some thought that Miis are kind of crossing the line.

That being said, a Kirby Air Ride in HD graphics would look absolutely gorgeous and if you add that with orchestrated music... *drools, then explodes*.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

Next Direct is tomorrow, 2/13/14 at 5PM EST. It says only titles coming in Spring, but the last few Directs have me skeptical.
    I hate people who generalize. They're all idiots.

My VGM Arrangements.

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: February 13th)

Some highlights

-Little Mac confirmed for SSB4
    -Kirby Triple Star Deluxe to be released in May 2nd
    -Some footage of X
    -Pokemon Trozei sequel to be released for March 20th
    -A baseball game with in-game purchases that you can haggle for for real money
    -Koopalings in mario kart 8
    -A game where you make weapons in an rpg shop [eshop feb 20]
    -A soccer rpg with insane moves (out today)
    -Steel Diver sequel (out today)
    -Another Ubisoft title called child of light on April 30th
    -NES Remix sequel
    -GBA titles for eShop

A pretty good direct if you ask me, I almost shouted when I saw Little Mac.
    Last edited by Keeby; February 13th, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

UGGGGGGH Koopalings. Yuck, ick, and also bleh. I was hoping for... well, not anybody really but the Koopalings will probably take up the rest of the roster.

The GBA games were the highlight for me. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for less than 80 bucks? Yes please. Metroid Fusion looks fun too.

Is there a particular reason the gba games are on wiiu?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipou View Post
    Is there a particular reason the gba games are on wiiu?
    1. To piss almost everyone off
    2. Because the Wii U is struggling, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

I've actually played the second inazuma eleven game, blizzard version, and for 20 bucks this is a decent game to download. If you like soccer but with LAZARS

TheNetnavis guild on MS... Just a shout out. Official Garchomp of the Pokemon B/W Clan, too.

Victory over the Flying-type Gym Leader: Ruane's crash landing
    Beat the Steel GYM Leader EmpoleonLv.X
    Didn't COMPETELY sweep Oswald the Ice gym leader this time!
    Didn't get scorched by Keeby's gym!
    FrenzymanEXE brought fierce life to The Cheese's dark gym!
    Tiger's Dragons were no match for FrenzymanEXE!

BitF POKEMON CHAMPION

Forum Moderator

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 8th - SSB4 DIRECT!

The collective hype of the internet for the next 4 days is sure to see many website crashes.

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 8th - SSB4 DIRECT!

How long was the pokemon xy direct? I'm guessing a similar length if this is a dedicated direct.

Forum Moderator

Just based on typical Direct times, I'm expecting anywhere between 20 minutes to 40 minutes. I'm thinking around 20, the XY reveal was a 10 minute video but that was also a reveal video rather than giving extra information - the second XY direct was about 20 minutes.

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Let's review shall we

Correct me if i'm wrong on anything.

Spoiler: oh god this got long 
    Last edited by Keeby; April 9th, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

Forum Moderator

Nintendo quietly put out another Direct today. Yes, that soon after Smash. Remember that one weird apartment looking 3DS level in Smash Bros? That's from Tomodachi Collection... which got an 11 minute dedicated direct about a half hour ago.

I haven't watched this yet, but here it is.

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 10th - Tomodachi)

Well, I just watched it, it gave me a good laugh, actually! I wasn't too sure how to think of the game, but the Direct does a good point of selling it and how it interacts in the world. The video contents are semi-random and show absurd things happening at various times, but I guess that's the point of the game!

I'm officially more interested, I'll have to see how it is as time marches closer to that June 6th release date it mentions.
    They say you can't keep a good man down, but some prefer to take in the scenery while they're there.

Thread Information