Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: April 1st... Seriously)

Figured this might be a good idea, I'm surprised we didn't already have a general thread for this actually. Pretty self-explanatory, I guess you could have an on-going discussion in here while a Direct goes on (please avoid spammy posts) but mainly this is meant more for talking about the Directs as a whole as well as just saying when a Direct is actually going to happen.

Yeah, Smash Direct is happening. Get hyped. 6 PM EST, 3 PM PST... use that for your particular timezone.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; April 4th, 2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

i am embarassed by my actions

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: October 1st)

In CST, that would be 9PM, right?

I always get confused with timezones sometimes.

Looking forward to information on 3D World.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

So I took notes on everything in the presentation, in order. I neglected some of the features and didn't analyze everything in favor of just jotting down dates, but you can use this as a summary.

• Super Mario 3D World slated for November 22
    • Two Wii Motion Plus Wiimotes themed after Mario and Luigi will be released on November 1
    • Wii Party U will be released on October 5, and it will be packaged wit ha stand for displaying the Wii U gamepad horizontally
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze delayed to February 2014
    • Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games information. Features online, for at least a few of the games, such as a skiing one. Slated for November 15, and there will also be a version coming with a blue Wii Motion Plus Wiimote
    • Sonic in SSB4
    • Pikmin 3 Mission Mode paid DLC – the first will be a pack of 4 “Collect Treasure” levels for 1.99$ today, and there will be one free level coming with its software update today
    • Pikmin 3 will also receive a software update that fully integrates online… leaderboards.
    • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl released today on 3DS. The initial print of the game is boxed with a soundtrack outtakes CD and art book (or really a tiny pamphlet)
    • Just Dance 2014 out on October 8
    • Skylanders: Swap Force out on October 13 for 3DS and Wii U
    • Lego Marvel Super Heroes launches October 22 for 3DS and Wii U
    • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will be out on October 25 for 3DS
    • Sonic: Lost World released on October 29 for Wii U and 3DS. There will also be a “Deadly Six Bonus Edition” up for preorder now that includes a special level
    • Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag released on Wii U on October 29
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies will be released on the 3DS eShop on October 24 – a demo has been released today as well
    • There will be… uh, indie gaming stuff happening?
    • Go to Nintendo’s Youtube account and scan a QR code in Animal Crossing: New Leaf to get Link’s shirt on Outset Island in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Yaaaaay.
    • Nintendo Zones will store up to six recent streetpasses now
    • Other content distributions through Nintendo Zone for games such as Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7, and Mii Plaza
    • Pokemon X and Y will be released along with the Nintendo 2DS on October 12
    • Bravely Default trailer
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will let you rent and buy some of your tools from Ravio’s Shop, and explore dungeons in any order
    • The game will also feature a lot of old and new characters. The game is due November 22 on 3DS
    • Brand new Kirby game for 3DS in 2014! It looks similar to Return to Dreamland.

I think a lot of the things look great, and while not all of the information is completely new to me, the new Kirby game (no title given) looks pretty good, since I liked RtD so much. It incorporates 3D and background things in the levels – I also saw what looked like an Ultra ability, although it was just Kirby inhaling a lot, and I’m interested in what looks like a new ability where Kirby has a Beetle hat. I should take a look again, but from what I saw, and with Bugzzy in mind, I get the feeling that it may just be a new hat and icon for Suplex. I also saw Sword, Fighter (and the cracker launcher), Ice, and Ninja.

I'm also pretty excited for 3D World since I really like how the game looks, and I love that music.
    Last edited by Dynawing; October 1st, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar

ok so aside from the obligatory "Sonic is in Smash 4 hell yeah mother&&&&er" let's see:

-3D World looks a lot more exciting after that trailer. I'm still not really super hyped for it or anything, but it looks a lot less like a NSMB-esque retread of 3D Land, so that's nice.
    -Heard rumors about the Tropical Freeze delay, so I wasn't too disappointed. Kinda nice for me actually since I probably wouldn't have the money for it by December with all the other games I need to get.
    -Link Between Worlds letting you do dungeons in any order with the item renting is cool. Well, item renting is kind of an annoying way to do it, but it's still a great idea.
    -Dual Destinies demo. I should go download that. Right now.

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

3D World looks a lot more fascinating than its initial reveal. I might as well buy that game and buy NSBMU when U have some money to spare, but yeah, I honestly think that 3D Land for the 3DS was a pretty great game. I'm pretty excited to see the final turnout for this game.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to what new things the newest Kirby installment will have. It really looks like Return to Dreamland, so there can be a slight possibility of cooperative play, or at least some sort of Super Star co-op. Looking forward to see more things about this.

Sonic in Smash was sort of expected, though I anticipated it's reveal to be around the time Sonic Lost World was released. Though, from the footage of Sonic, I'm glad we got to see a little bit more footage of the Pilotwings stage and the obvious new Sonic Lost World stage.

Well, that's really all I have to comment. But interesting direct today, to say the least.

Our next Direct is tomorrow, November 13 at 8 a.m. PDT. Apparently it's an American Direct only, though, so who knows what this one is about.
    I hate people who generalize. They're all idiots.

My VGM Arrangements.

Wait, an American Direct only?

I thought they usually have them on the same day in both American, Japan, and the UK.

Scratch that, there's one for Europe too. Still no word on Japan though, meaning it may pertain to only localization stuff like Flipnote 3D and PLvAA or stuff like that. But who knows.
    I hate people who generalize. They're all idiots.

My VGM Arrangements.

Forum Moderator

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: November 13th)

Today's Direct:

"You can't escape me, Bill" - Reggie

New A Link Between Worlds trailer. Dark Link Streetpass battles, some discussion of some new characters, new areas and enemies shown.
    They also showed off the themed Link Between Worlds 3DS, which comes with the game pre-installed and launches the same day.
    And finally, they're going to be putting up 15 second trailers of the game on the Nintendo instagram account.

Mario Party Island Tour. Similar to Mario Party DS, you only need one copy for 4 people to play through download play. 7 maps, 80 minigames.
    They also have some single player mode that has you go through minigame tower and occasionally battle bosses.
    Streetpass to get other people's ghost data for minigames!

Bravely Default comes out February 7th. They showed off some features. It's also getting a Collector's Edition with an artbook, a soundtrack, and a pack of AR Cards.

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy comes out February 28th. It's the series finale and bridges the two prior trilogies. They showed off plenty of animated cutscenes, they're all high quality and the game looks really nice.

Nintendo Zone stuff... eh. I have literally never been anywhere that has Nintendo Zone so I didn't pay attention to this. The Best Buy exclusive ACNL items are going to be available, as well as various other things (mystery boxes in 3D Land).

New 3DS System Update coming soon...
    UNIFIED ACCOUNTS FOR 3DS AND WII U. We finally get a shared shop account for both systems!
    Tied to this, we're also getting 3DS Miiverse integration!
    There's also an updated Youtube app for both 3DS and Wii U. Eh, call me when Google fixes Youtube's problems.

More Pikmin 3 Mission Mode DLC!
    Comes out December 2nd. 8 new missions on brand new maps, 4 treasure and 4 enemy fights. An update will be required for the software, but that will also give out a holiday themed level for free. Some of the maps let you play as Olimar.
    There's also now a Louie feature in Mission Mode, where Louie will be hidden somewhere on the map. You have to save him from an enemy and then when he's freed, he's under your command as an extra person to direct. That way you can do even more micromanaging than before.

Animal Crossing Plaza updates. They're getting stamps like SM3DW. I guess this is going to be a new thing, collect stamps from your games to use in Miiverse.
    There's going to be polls, resident registration, and photo album management. Available tonight!

Indie Game showcase. There's a ton of short clips from games:
    Spoiler: indie as hell 

Lots of upcoming eshop sales... go to http://nintendo.com/eshop/offers to see them, and check regularly to see what happens!

Finally, Super Mario 3D World. 10 new things to know about the game (SPOILERS). Several have already been revealed, but there's some pretty major stuff in here so TREAD LIGHTLY:
    Spoiler: this game is looking amazing 

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

On the European side, we now have the Bravely Default demo. It's ~1900 blocks big and has 30 uses. Not sure if it's available in the US as well.

Forum Moderator

They didn't mention anything about that, so I'm assuming we don't. On a similar note, Europe already has Professor Layton, right? Geez, this generation has done the impossible and Europe has become the favored son of international Nintendo branches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    On a similar note, Europe already has Professor Layton, right? Geez, this generation has done the impossible and Europe has become the favored son of international Nintendo branches.
    Azran Legacy? Yes, since last Friday. I didn't even notice until I looked it up just now.

Forum Moderator

NoA just announced that the next Direct will be tomorrow at 9 AM EST. It's going to discuss both 3DS and Wii U software releasing in Spring 2014.

Of course, just my luck. They finally announce it and it's when I have a doctor's appointment.

Let's finish this! Right here, right now!

Re: Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (Next Direct: December 18th)

I feel ya. I have Semester Finals to deal with.

BUT, if I finish early, I may just make it in time. Maybe.
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3866-8947-0611
    3DS Friend Code: 1590-4724-7065

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    NoA just announced that the next Direct will be tomorrow at 9 AM EST. It's going to discuss both 3DS and Wii U software releasing in Spring 2014.
    Adding to this:
    3pm CET in Europe and 11pm JST in Japan.

So Nintendo just announced a Dynasty Warriors-esque collab title with Koei, but it's Zelda! As if my avatar doesn't make it obvious, I am totally psyched for when this comes out, it's supposed to be sometime in 2014.
    Last edited by Nad; December 18th, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
    They say you can't keep a good man down, but some prefer to take in the scenery while they're there.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Holy mother of everything. Yoshi DLC for Sonic Lost World, Hyrule Warriors and SSB4 newcomer? THIS WAS AMAZING.

Let's finish this! Right here, right now!

Well, I was able to get most of Nintendo's Direct... And one thing has been bothering me.

I may be overanalyzing WAY too far on this, but why did that SSB4 video start out the way it did? You know, with Kirby on the Warp Star, music from Kirby Air Ride playing (specifically Celestial Valley I think), and showing Rainbow Road along with Mario Kart? HAL Labs, are you planning something with a Kirby Air Ride 2?

...I'd be very shocked if this was actually correct. Once again, I have a feeling I'm overanalyzing that WAY too much...

But then again, it doesn't hurt to throw a theory out there, right?
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3866-8947-0611
    3DS Friend Code: 1590-4724-7065

And there's finally an European release date for Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, March 28th.

Went to the website just as the Mario Kart vid started. Gotta replay the vid to catch up.

On the bright side, that Mario Galaxy course looks awesome.

You thought you were so clever... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

Pretty hype about the SSB4 newcomer, looks like a lot of fun. Also dang excited for Hyrule Warriors!

And I hope Yoshi's Island Zone stays free, at least long enough for me to get my Wii U and Sonic Lost World. Sonic speeding along with a trail of eggs following him has been one of my favorite things I've seen this year.

Sonic running through Yoshi's Island.

Never thought I'd see the day.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

Nintendo seems to be reaching out to third parties a lot lately with all this crossover action. This was definitely one of the most bizarre Directs in a while, but quite cool. I'm a Smash fiend so the most exciting part was the reveal at the end, but MK8 is looking really great as well. The levels have a big sense of scale to them and the art style feels a lot more detailed and less "Mario Party generic" than past MK games.
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

I'm still a little concerned for MK8. It seems to be taking a lot of cues from MKWii, which I wasn't as fond of as other people. The tracks seemed big and kinda of generic (Mushroom San Francisco?) Now with more of the roster revealed we can see the babies are back. Not exactly thrilled for that. The thing about the MK roster is that each character is unique but when characters like this are added, they just become clones and copies. With an emphasis on kart creation the characters are more and more feeling like generic avatars who could be anybody. It's taking away some of the Mario-ness.

That said the new trailer has also shown some awesome tracks, the Dry Bowser desert and airship thunderstorm in particular look great. The new hot rod kart is pretty cool as well.

I'm sure this game is going to be good. I'm just a little worried it's not going to be great. MKWii felt off to me but MK7 knocked it out of the park. I hope it continues in that direction.

Thread Information