Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon: D.E.U.S.

Re: Digimon: D.E.U.S.

The egg landed perfectly in Jonas's hand, knocking off his D-Slide. He would have tossed the egg away so he could pick his D-Slide back up (because what good is an egg when he could be searching for his monster partner?) but before he could even react, the egg's shell began to crack open. Bit by bit, pieces of the shell began to tear apart causing light to pierce through the cracks until before he knew it, a monster of his own was right there, sitting in his hands. It was small white blob with giant black eyes, golden wings jutting from its back, and a what looked to be a white horn on its head.

Jonas picked the critter up by the horn and looked at it. "Hey, you're not as uh... big as the other partners I saw today. What up with that?" He thought to himself for a moment. "Oh, I bet you're just a baby right now, aren't you? Well, you're a cute little baby monster, yes you are, yes you are!"

"Rawr, put me down, mongrel!" the white digimon said while trying to resist his new tamer's hold. "If you don't abide by my orders, then you will know the true wrath of PUTTIMON!" It flapped its wings a bit in an attempt to get away, but even if that worked, chances are, it wouldn't have been able to lift itself across the sky for long at all.

"That's such a cute name!" the tamer gleefully replied while trying to tickle the monster's face. "I'm gonna help you grow big and strong and we're gonna become really good friends. Yes we are, yes we are."

Jonas picked up his D-Slide in his free hand while holding his new partner by the horn in his other, totally oblivious to the anger management issues the little critter had.

"I'm gonna introduce you to the rest of the team. I'm sure you'll make some new friends there."

Floor ice-cream gives you health! Megaron's Avatar

The time was not right for Puttimon to be introduced, however, as immediately after the same inarticulate scream as before interrupted the scene. The same Gazimon (identifiable by the large burn mark on his side) dug out from under the ground and attacked Nona once more, screaming about scissors or something like that, and clipped the other ponytail. Soon after, it landed and stood off against the group, who were at this time in the perfect position to surround it.

"You nincompoops hurt my pride far more than anyone has ever managed to... I won't stand for this... I will NEVER!"

And once again, before anyone could react, it started screaming about something closely resembling sharp apparatus, before being engulfed in a glow.

"Gazimon, digivolve to..."

What stood before them once the light dissipated was not an angry rabbit, but a terrifying dragon-demon cross with sharp claws and a massive spiked tail.

"...Devidramon."

Devidramon is a terrifying cross between a Devil-type and a Dragon-type, named a Dark Dragon. Its many eyes will petrify in fear anyone capable of feeling the slightest fear, and its elongated arms and fully prehensile bladed tail will slice through data as if it were a hot knife through butter.

"Now, now... Which one of these tender little morsels should I begin with?" Its eyes fixated upon Jonas and his Puttimon, and its tongue precariously ran along its teeth. "Ah... I think I'll start with you!"

----
    Nori was already petrified without even gazing into the beast's eyes. His body did not answer when he told it to run, and his eyes did not avert when he told them to close. He quaked in despair, unable to feel anything other than purely horrified.

And then Dracomon nudged him.

"Hey, partner. I think it's about time we delivered some blue-hot pain, is it not?"

This helped the boy shake it off; the words of his partner were soothing, allowing him to still his body and put it upright. "A-Absolutely. I've not fought before, but..."

"Just leave it to me! BEATDOWN!!" Gathering its signature teal fire within its mouth, Dracomon prepared for a big battle.

"Remember, you have a lion's heart.." ~ Leomon
    --

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks. You are not terribly subtle." Doak's Avatar

Lalamon is a Plant Digimon with an unsettling but cute appearance. This is mostly a defense mechanism, as its only methods of attacking are weak and exhausting to itself; however, it has great potential for Digivolution.

Nona glanced back down at her D-slide. Stuck with the weak one, but... What did that mean? "Um, Lalamon!" Nona called out to her partner as the flower bud drifted lazily about her head, stopping to hover unsteadily in front of her and face her.

"Yeaaaaaah? What is it?" Nona was slightly unnerved that its mouth didn't even open... She'd have to get used to that. It was... Kinda cute, actually, she supposed. ...Or it would be when it stopped being so damn disconcerting.

"Um, what's digivo--" Nona's curious inquiry was interrupted by a familiar shriek. &&&&! She responded with a similar scream, though out of fear rather than aggression. She instinctively ducked and whirled around on her heel to face the scream's origin, and--

Snip! She saw a quick flash of grey in her peripheral vision, but when her toes touched the ground again she was standing not in front of the rabbit but instead in front of more of her hair. "Urghhh... Dammit, not again! Where'd that bunny &&&&&&& go?"

A voice behind her quickly answered her question. "You nincompoops hurt my pride far more than anyone has ever managed to... I won't stand for this... I will NEVER!" In a feeble attempt to save face and manage to look cool, she whirled back around on her heels. "Listen here, you!" She brought her arm above her head and dramatically arcing it downwards, pointing at Gazimon.

"Gazimon, digivolve to..."

Well, for a split second anyway.

"...Devidramon."

After the sudden change, her trembling arm was instead pointing at a... frankly terrifying winged beast. Her legs froze in place and she slowly raised her arms out in front of her, palms forward. Lalamon floated, quickly as she could--which wasn't terribly quickly at all, it seemed--between Nona and the beast. She probably would have frowned or scowled, if she had the capacity to change expressions.

Nona stood frozen for a second or two, then finally reached for her D-slide, wondering if it might... Well, she didn't really know what it might show, but maybe it would be helpful.

Devidramon is a terrifying cross between a Devil-type and a Dragon-type, named a Dark Dragon. Its many eyes will petrify in fear anyone capable of feeling the slightest fear, and its elongated arms and fully prehensile bladed tail will slice through data as if it were a hot knife through butter.

The... The little rabbit digivolved into THAT? So, then, maybe Lalamon... "L-Lalamon! Can you digivolve and fight this thing off?" Her voice broke at a couple points, but she did the best she could to sound brave. Lalamon whirled around slowly in midair, turning slightly from side to side.

"I can tryyyyy... Lalamon, digivooooolve..." The leaf propeller on top of Lalamon's head whirled quickly, pulling her further into the air... Then it slowed again and she dipped back down toward the ground. "Nooooo... It's no gooooooood..."

Nona frowned, glancing about at each of her companions in turn. "Maybe if we all do what we can...!" Dracomon appeared to be preparing an attack, judging by the oddly-colored fireball growing in its mouth. "Okay! Lalamon! Listen up!" She shouted, balling her hands into fists and lightly biting her lower lip. "Right after Dracomon lets loose that fireball, hit Devidramon with everything you've got! If you're gonna shoot it, go for the eyes! If you're gonna charge it, clip its wings a bit!" Nona wasn't even terribly sure as to her partner's method of attack, but was determined to do as much damage to the thing as she could.

"Riiight-o!" Lalamon turned to face the dragon-beast, lining up her attack, and held her position until Dracomon launched the teal fire from his mouth. "Oooookay... Now! Seeeeeeed shot!" Something like a large plant seed, or a small nut, fired from Lalamon's mouth with surprising accuracy. Well, surprising to Nona, at least. No way she could shoot anything from her mouth with anywhere near that precision.
    Last edited by Doak; October 2nd, 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: I SCREWED UP COMMITS SUDOKU

Tentomon's Toaster Trolley Coxy's Avatar

The factory was now a hovel of chaos. Among the terrified screams of the various worker Digimon rose an excited cry of a different kind: "A FIERCE DRAGON!?" From her post at the storehouse, Christmas jabbed her index finger out as far as she possibly could in the direction of the beast. If she pointed any harder, her finger would fly right off her hand! "A real, really real, realer than that-little-one-Sir-Nori's-friends-with... DRAGON." Her eyes were wide with fevered curiosity as she reached for her D-Slide.

Next to her, however, KoKabuterimon cowered in fear, unable to project his voice any louder than a to-himself muttering of "The Lady dooms us" and "P-please, don't bring us any att..aa..achen...aaaaaa--" With a sharp inhale, he regained his composure. "The storehouse! We are protecting.... the storehouse... from--" KoKabuterimon paused. "Drag-in?"

"Dragons, my squire-in-training! Beastly fiends that steal timeless treasures! They tear foes apart with sharp claws! They BURNINATE THE COUNTRYSIDES!"

KoKabuterimon trembled more violently than before, dragging his scarf over his face in a mixture of fear and slight embarrassment. "The Lady is l-l-loud! Why does this 'draggin' seem like such a nice thing to you!?"

"Because," Christmas took a step forward, "We get to fight a dragon! We get to fight a real dragon! It's just like in my novels! In this moment I myself have become the Maximillian of Northshire! Dragon, I will run you--" She started forward some more, but nearly tripped as her insect companion grabbed her leg with all four arms and stopped her in place. "Through--!?

"The Lady cannot possibly attack this 'Devidramon'. Too eager, much too eager…! I said before! We are guarding this store! Only the store! N-n-nothing more!"

Christmas let out a loud sigh and bent down to free her leg from KoKabuterimon's grasp. "I understand and appreciate your rhyming and rhythmical concern, my most noble and poetic companion… but do imagine this scenario: You stand guard, only to watch as the mighty dragon unleashes a torrent of magic, destroying everyone before it! Then it turns and does the same to you! And all you did was try to protect the store!" She grabbed KoKabuterimon by the shoulders and gave him a gentle shake. "My D-Slide said you've the strength of seven oxen!"

"Ox-who? Seven of them?"

"Never mind details! Point is, you're strong. If I were you, I'd march over there and tip that devil right over, knock it around, and send it off with its tail between its legs! Wield strength! Steel your mind! Slay the dragon with confidence!"

KoKabuterimon looked down and began fiddling with his scarf again. "…Abandon the post…"

"FORGET THE POST, MILORD!" Christmas watched as her companion jumped to attention. "Heed your pep talk! I put a great deal of heart into it!" She pouted.

"Do not disappoint the Lady…" KoKabuterimon muttered to himself as he adjusted his scarf and bent forward, eyes now fixated in Devidramon's direction. Other digimon nearby seemed to be readying attacks. A well-timed barrage of attacks would be the strategy at play.

Christmas once again took a step forward forward. "Now, what are we going to do?"

The large beetle digimon ran ahead, bristling with conviction. "We are going to PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!" KoKabuterimon's outburst surprised Christmas enough to stop her in her tracks, but he continued to charge forward. As he approached Devidramon, he lowered his head and sprang into the air, then quickly uncurled, making a upward- slashing motion with his horn. "Beetle Lariat!" Crackling energy whipped out from the horn and wrapped around the Devidramon's neck in an attempt to hold it in place as other Digimon started their attacks. ("BEATDOWN!" "Seeeeeeed shot!")

Watching from afar, Christmas couldn't help but wipe a tear from her eye. Magnificent! Once I teach my fellow knight more… civilized… battle cries, we shall become an unstoppable duo! She began a brisk jog toward Devidramon once more.
    Last edited by Coxy; October 28th, 2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: For the curious, KoKabuterimon's music theme is Muse's "Panic Station".
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

Immediately, Devidramon regretted turning towards the battlecries. Its head was held in place while flaming seeds hit its eyes, causing it to bellow in pain and writhe around; yet almost immediately it broke the Beetle Lariat leash.

"My eyes... You midgets are gonna... PAY FOR THIS!" Using its sole good eye, the demonic dragon lashed out at the three Rookies--Dracomon handily dodged and the draft pushed Lalamon away, but KoKabuterimon wasn't so lucky, as the tail's claw sliced him deep in the chest. Despite having hit one, the draconic devil went into a fury, attacking all of the surroundings in a mindless rampage, though still trying to feel around for Jonas and the little baby Digimon.

This meant it was attacking Sephirot by accident.

"Oh, no! Stop it! That's bad, really bad!!"

----
    "Well I don't know if I can help much with the tree, but I'll at least get over there and defend the blue-hair guy. Wait here!" "W-wait, what?"

He swiftly dashed towards Jonas and the Puttimon, and faced the mighty beast. "Here I come to the rescue, citizens! Are you ok or should I tell Nori to fetch a band-aid?" Fire was already bubbling up in his mouth, waiting for the right chance to strike in order to protect.

--

Tentomon's Toaster Trolley Coxy's Avatar

The recoil of Devidramon's attack sent KoKabuterimon flying downward -- and into the arms of a opportunely-positioned Christmas. His momentum sent them both tumbling to the ground.

Chrissy was quick to survey damage. Fortunately she wouldn't have to fuss over her squire too much; having a thick carapace seemed to come in handy. A very visible scratch across KoKabuterimon's chest made her "Tsk!" audibly. "Perhaps it was too hasty to have you rush in unprepared. You could have easily been killed -- no parades would be held in honor of a knight offed so easily!" Thinking about it, she was pretty sure a silly tail swipe would barely dent 'a large beetle with superhuman strength'.

Still burning with a vigor almost unlike himself, the beetle jumped back onto his feet. "Pah! Merely a f-fle… fletch wou… it's nothing! The Lady worries too much…" He bounded forward a few steps, only to topple over once more. Now, it seemed all of his garnered confidence had burnt out. The best he could muster, face down in the dirt, was a low whine. "M-maybe… I will heed Milady…"

"My criticisms aside, fair squire, the attack has succeeded in disabling the beast!" Christmas picked her companion up; While large, he was surprisingly lighter than one would assume. "While it's distracted, we shall use this opportunity to tactically retreat. With I, the swift Christmas Weltschmerz, now acting as brave Lord Kabu's trusty steed, we shall away!" The young girl hurried in the direction of her older brother, hoping it'd be a little more out of the way of Devidramon's rampage.

KoKabuterimon slumped in his new perch, rather humbled. He clenched his fists as he mulled over his current situation. To have a human appear before him, declare a covenant with little to no introduction, wrench him from prior responsibilities… then spur him head first into battle!

...And yet blaming his injury on "The Lady" was not something the beetle digimon dared do. He fiddled with the yellow scarf around his neck in order to calm down, then resumed his usual, almost-ignorable muttering. "It's OK if Milady carries me. Very kind..."
    Last edited by Coxy; October 29th, 2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Dark Lady watch over you.
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

The tiny angel attempted to tear itself away from Jonas's grip, spreading glittery dust around it as it snapped and gnawed at the air.

"LET ME AT HIM!" Puttimon scowled. "I SAID LET ME AT HIM!"

"No!" Jonas said back. "You're gonna get eaten..."

The small, white blob managed to put up quite a bit of resistance, and Jonas began to feel like he couldn't hold his new partner down, despite its young age. Just as his hold began to loosen and his will weaken, Dracomon appeared in front of them, giving him a reinvigorated resolve to keep Puttimon away from harm.

"Th-thanks," he smiled as he leapt backwards, keeping himself and his Digimon further away from the Devidramon. "I was worried, but hey, I don't think I have to be now that you're all around."

"That's good! Let's go!" The tiny dragon spat out one more fireball, that did little to harm Devidramon. "...looks like we're in trouble, huh."

The mighty foe, however, opted to attack the one unaware Tamer nearby. Its tail lashed out once more, flying towards Valentine. The shield triggered and rose to defend the human, however only knocked it off course slightly--the spearhead still dug into the boy's side, causing a deep wound.

"This is bad! Gatomon, beam Valentine back up, stat!" "Y-yes!" With a quick, fashing column of light, the young hooligan and his partner shot into the air and presumably into a stealthed Machina.

----

After a brief silence, Devidramon broke into roaring laughter. "Oh, too rich! One down, baby! Ah, I can see again." With a ridiculous grin plastered across its face, the devil stared at Nori closely. "Snip, snip. Show me your face. I want to see your expression of devastation."

Nori finally turned his head to the wretch, gripping his faintly-glowing D-Slide tight. His expression was not that of sadness, but of pure, unadultered rage, able to scare a mountain into moving. "You... You hurt Valentine... I won't let you get away with this."

"Th... That's not devastation! That's not devastation at all!"

--

Thread Information