Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 215

Thread: Itsameluigi's Art

  1. #26
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Thanks guys! Also, new pic that took 5 minutes cuz I'm bored, based on how Sora and Vanitas look similar.


  2. #27
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Happy Halloween! (posting it now because I NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE ON TIME GOD)


  3. #28
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Wow, you must really be looking forward to Halloween.

    Anyway, nice work on the recent stuff! The faces in your comic are looking quite good-- the shape of the faces are nice and consistent, especially in the last two panels. Shadow is looking good under that hat, too. The robe is a little strange, if that's what it's supposed to be, but I certainly understand how intimidating cloth is. The hat looks quite good, though, as does the staff. Nice job!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  4. #29
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Thanks Farbeit. The thing with the robe was because I used a reference for both Shadow and Black Mage. Problem was, Black Mage is much shorter and fatter than Shadow, which I didn't take into account. As for wrinkles, I just copied whatever wrinkles I saw on BM's robe. But yeah, thanks again! I have another Kingdom Hearts comic that I'll upload at some point, so stay tuned.

  5. #30
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread



    Annnnnnd yeah. Coloring is reaaaally time consuming on Art Academy: Sketchpad, especially when you have to spend 2 hours just on the line art. Anyway, this was supposed to be a quick funny drawing, so it isn't anything special.

  6. #31
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I have to say, that's pretty funny-- multi-layered humor, it seems...

    In general, it looks pretty good, too-- I especially like Link and Sonic's crazy face.

    Nice work!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  7. #32
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    I have to say, that's pretty funny-- multi-layered humor, it seems...

    In general, it looks pretty good, too-- I especially like Link and Sonic's crazy face.

    Nice work!
    Thanks! I was originally going to include the ground, but seeing as how abnormally small I made Toon Link, I decided it'd be best if I had them just... floatin' around... y'know...

    But seriously, it's the line art in Art Academy that just kills me. It takes AN HOUR to make the line as dark as it is, and I wasn't even aiming for it to be clean. Though it's hard to make a joke about line art, so I just went with the coloring (which also takes several hours). I have very low patience. XP

  8. #33
    Hoarder of Memories Kapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Saturday, Mar 13 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    558

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Annnnnnd yeah. Coloring is reaaaally time consuming on Art Academy: Sketchpad, especially when you have to spend 2 hours just on the line art.
    Drawing in itself is going to be really time consuming if you put all the effort and detail you can into what you're making. Heck, my biggest art project took two weeks to complete.

    It's usually worth it, though! Always do the best you can!
    ~Graphically Minded~

  9. #34
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kapus View Post
    Drawing in itself is going to be really time consuming if you put all the effort and detail you can into what you're making. Heck, my biggest art project took two weeks to complete.

    It's usually worth it, though! Always do the best you can!
    Boy, ain't that the truth. Sometimes I feel like I would be much, much more productive if I just let go of the level of detail my stubborn judgment seems to insist on. More and more, I'm realizing that while large, detailed projects certainly have their place and merit, forcing oneself to do simpler, less ambitious pieces might be an excellent way to get more practice faster, since you don't get hung up forever on one thing.

    I think foregoing the ground in your picture was a fine choice, especially given the art-centric, absurd nature of the scene in the first place. If a character has a choice whether to have colors or not, then they're probably just at home on a page of random doodles as on a planetoid of any kind.

    I don't have much experience with Art Academy... some of its restrictions sound rather inconvenient to me, really. Still, it's nice to have a tool like that for Miiverse enthusiasts.

    Have you considered using a more traditional graphics program on a computer? There are some free programs out there that give you plenty to work with while you're learning, like GIMP. I'm certainly not saying you should give up your work on Miiverse, but having another interface to fall back on for experimentation and practice might be helpful, especially when you want to make something without worrying about AA's quirks. Just a thought to consider, if you will.
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  10. #35
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Boy, ain't that the truth. Sometimes I feel like I would be much, much more productive if I just let go of the level of detail my stubborn judgment seems to insist on. More and more, I'm realizing that while large, detailed projects certainly have their place and merit, forcing oneself to do simpler, less ambitious pieces might be an excellent way to get more practice faster, since you don't get hung up forever on one thing.

    I think foregoing the ground in your picture was a fine choice, especially given the art-centric, absurd nature of the scene in the first place. If a character has a choice whether to have colors or not, then they're probably just at home on a page of random doodles as on a planetoid of any kind.

    I don't have much experience with Art Academy... some of its restrictions sound rather inconvenient to me, really. Still, it's nice to have a tool like that for Miiverse enthusiasts.

    Have you considered using a more traditional graphics program on a computer? There are some free programs out there that give you plenty to work with while you're learning, like GIMP. I'm certainly not saying you should give up your work on Miiverse, but having another interface to fall back on for experimentation and practice might be helpful, especially when you want to make something without worrying about AA's quirks. Just a thought to consider, if you will.
    I've definitely been considering other tools. About GIMP though, I seriously hate drawing with a mouse. If I could get some tablet or something that Matt/Bun uses for his comics, that'd be awesome, since I love his art.

    Oh, and I made another quick sketch.



    Innuendo FTW...?

  11. #36
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Nyeeeeeeeh.



    I'm still getting used to it. Don't expect anything great until a lot later.

  12. #37
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Hey, nice work on the latest! I especially like the shading job and the intensity of the pupils. The highlights in the hair are a little too defined, but the very fact you're experimenting with them is an excellent sign. You'll have to forgive me, though... I'm not familiar with the character.

    If I might ask, what is it you're still getting used to? Do you mean a style, or perhaps a new medium?

    And yes, I can imagine digital art on a computer without a tablet as frustrating-- I really can't do it without one either. As such, I think AA is a great place for your more ambitious projects thus far-- I'm sure by now you're getting used to its quirks, even if they're inconvenient. And traditional pencil and paper is never to be left out, of course.

    Anyway, keep it up, and I look forward to stopping by again!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  13. #38
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Hey, nice work on the latest! I especially like the shading job and the intensity of the pupils. The highlights in the hair are a little too defined, but the very fact you're experimenting with them is an excellent sign. You'll have to forgive me, though... I'm not familiar with the character.

    If I might ask, what is it you're still getting used to? Do you mean a style, or perhaps a new medium?

    And yes, I can imagine digital art on a computer without a tablet as frustrating-- I really can't do it without one either. As such, I think AA is a great place for your more ambitious projects thus far-- I'm sure by now you're getting used to its quirks, even if they're inconvenient. And traditional pencil and paper is never to be left out, of course.

    Anyway, keep it up, and I look forward to stopping by again!
    Well, the highlights are purposely defined, as his hair has the Marks of something-rather, I forget. Pic here:



    I meant I'm still getting used to Art Academy. I've seen some pretty amazing stuff with insane color blending and goodies like that, but for now I want to stick with the easy to mimic anime shading.

    Thanks!


    Also, I finished my little GMod story a while back. It still says WIP though, should probably fix that...

    http://itsameluigi.weebly.com/gmod-babysitting-wip.html
    Last edited by itsameluigi1290; November 19th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

  14. #39
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I thought I'd post some Miiverse drawings that I did. Newest to oldest.

    Spoiler: Miiverse pics. 


    I also noticed that this thread has over 1,000 views! I'm surprised.
    Last edited by itsameluigi1290; November 26th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

  15. #40
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Boy, Itsameluigi, You're doing pretty darn well with those Miiverse sketches. I'm getting the impression that practice is having its course, and some of your most recent stuff seems to look about as good as possible with the Miiverse tool. I'm especially liking your renditions of the Sonic characters-- the Sonic one with the Smash logo looks fantastic, down the the shading and texturing, and the similar pics of Sonic and Blaze look great as well. I also particularly like your old school Link, Falco, Okami, and Kirby pictures.

    Keep it up-- practice is clearly doing you good,and I hope you're having a good time as well. I'm looking forward to new hand or sketchpad drawings to compare to!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  16. #41
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Thanks man. If it weren't for Miiverse, I wouldn't have been able to draw as well as I can now. The Super Sonic is my most Yeah!'d one, with 541 yeahs total. I definitely have the most experience with Miiverse. I should probably practice on paper more though. I have a certain Pokémon sketch in mind. :D

    Also, I just drew this today.



    I have this post apocalyptic comic going on Miiverse, and instead of Red, Ash took his place. He has a blindfold cuz he's cool or something. XD

  17. #42
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    D'OH HEY TINY UPDATE



    I didn't have time for gray shading. It takes a very, VERY long time. That aLttP Link took 2 hours, and I wasn't even finished drawing it. :O

  18. #43
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Whuh hey, beta version of Bowser I was planning on using in my story. UNTIL I REALIZED MY STORY WOULD'VE BEEN RUNNING FOR 8 MONTHS NOW



    But anyway, yeah, currently in my story, he just looks like Mario. Cuz he used Mario's DNA and stuff to make him have the same abilities PLUS his own.

  19. #44
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Always nice to see some more Miiverse stuff!

    Out of the recent 3, the one of the female XY trainer is definitely my favorite-- great work on the face, and it's nice to see some more attention to the figure-- I'm always curious about how artists who like to draw characters are doing with the body as well as with the face.

    Otherwise, I was impressed by Ash's hair and hand, both of which are definitely moving in the right direction-- the hand is a little small, granted, but the shape of the palm and the placement of the fingers and thumb are looking very good.

    The Bowser is looking good in general too-- I'm really impressed by the shell, which suggests the curvature of its shape well, with the more distant spikes placed well. That's not an easy thing to do, I think, and you did it well. The shape of the head is quite good too. I have to say, though, the solid black that you used for the hair makes it look kind of single dimensional and odd-- I think maybe some of the shading technique you used on Ash's hair would have worked well here.

    Anyway, great work, and I'm certainly looking forward to more!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  20. #45
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Always nice to see some more Miiverse stuff!

    Out of the recent 3, the one of the female XY trainer is definitely my favorite-- great work on the face, and it's nice to see some more attention to the figure-- I'm always curious about how artists who like to draw characters are doing with the body as well as with the face.

    Otherwise, I was impressed by Ash's hair and hand, both of which are definitely moving in the right direction-- the hand is a little small, granted, but the shape of the palm and the placement of the fingers and thumb are looking very good.

    The Bowser is looking good in general too-- I'm really impressed by the shell, which suggests the curvature of its shape well, with the more distant spikes placed well. That's not an easy thing to do, I think, and you did it well. The shape of the head is quite good too. I have to say, though, the solid black that you used for the hair makes it look kind of single dimensional and odd-- I think maybe some of the shading technique you used on Ash's hair would have worked well here.

    Anyway, great work, and I'm certainly looking forward to more!
    Thanks man. I'm getting better with female figures, so long as I have a reference of some sort. As for Ash, yeah, I thought the hand was small. Hands aren't my strong suit, but they're better than before, at least. As for Bowser's shading, I WOULD have used the gray shading, but it had already taken 45 minutes just for drawing Bowser, and that type of shading is immensely time consuming. Completely straight lines are required. After having two drawings get deleted on accident (why is there a clear all button right next to undo?) and the lack of a save option, I kind of got demotivated to put so much time into it. Though hopefully, Nintendo will have listened to everyone's plea of wanting a save feature. Then I won't be so nervous when drawing. Anyway, thanks again on the feedback, it's always appreciated.

  21. #46
    you fresh, goby Lizardly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Thursday, Nov 29 2012
    Posts
    114

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Wow, your drawings are impressive! Mostly because I can't draw anything on a computer or a video game ._.
    I really don't have much else to say, I'm so bad at giving critique, but awesome!

  22. #47
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardly View Post
    Wow, your drawings are impressive! Mostly because I can't draw anything on a computer or a video game ._.
    I really don't have much else to say, I'm so bad at giving critique, but awesome!
    Thanks Lizardly!

    BTW, I'd like to show you something. In my comic, I used to draw Mario like this (back in July):



    But now, after looking at a reference a few times, all of a sudden I can draw him in a less crappy way WITHOUT seeing a reference, and much faster too, like this:



    I mean, it still isn't perfect since I whip that up in probably 45 seconds, but it's better than before, right? XD

  23. #48
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Thanks Lizardly!

    BTW, I'd like to show you something. In my comic, I used to draw Mario like this (back in July):



    But now, after looking at a reference a few times, all of a sudden I can draw him in a less crappy way WITHOUT seeing a reference, and much faster too, like this:



    I mean, it still isn't perfect since I whip that up in probably 45 seconds, but it's better than before, right? XD
    Yeah, that's a great improvement. I'd say you've accounted for all the necessary features quite well for the level of detail you're going for, and shape them much better. Nice going!

    Really, the only things I'd point out about the new sketch would be the flatness of the scalp under the hat and the wideness of the area between Mario's cheek and his right eye/mouth, and maybe the shortness of his ear. But, I think you're probably well aware of all of those, as some of your other recent Mario pictures are stronger in those respects.

    Keep it up!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  24. #49
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Yeah, that's a great improvement. I'd say you've accounted for all the necessary features quite well for the level of detail you're going for, and shape them much better. Nice going!

    Really, the only things I'd point out about the new sketch would be the flatness of the scalp under the hat and the wideness of the area between Mario's cheek and his right eye/mouth, and maybe the shortness of his ear. But, I think you're probably well aware of all of those, as some of your other recent Mario pictures are stronger in those respects.

    Keep it up!
    Thanks. It kinda fluctuates too. It's rarely ever the same picture twice. BTW, I use this picture as a reference:

    Spoiler: It's-a me! 


    I considered using his Mario & Luigi art, but I decided on saving that for when I draw all the characters in the story with their post apocalyptic designs.

  25. #50
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Weeeeeeee



    In my comic, Mario has a daughter! Yay!

    I didn't do a ton of shading this time due to the fact that this was supposed to be a quick sketch. Eventually I'll redo it.

    Anyway, you know she's hot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •