Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 215

Thread: Itsameluigi's Art

  1. #1
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Thumbs down Itsameluigi's Art

    Okay, so I REALLLY didn't wanna make one of these because I'm extremely sensitive and don't take criticism well, but it's time for me to be a man!

    ... I'm scared ._. (no but seriously how am I supposed to show the world my passion if I can't take criticism?)

    Spoiler: Single pics 


    Spoiler: GMod singles 


    I've also got two stories, but since it'd take foreverrrrrr to post them here, I'll just link you to the site where they are.

    Vanitas tries to get a date

    (art is much worse than usual since I had a deadline of a week to get it done. I'll redo all the proportions another time)

    GMod Scavenger Hunt (WIP)

    That's all. In case anyone's wondering, I've been doodling since I was a kid, but I haven't actually started drawing since February of this year. I've never taken lessons either (hence why they're so crappy).
    Last edited by Superninfreak; September 18th, 2014 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #2
    i am embarassed by my actions
    Join Date
    Thursday, Jun 27 2013
    Posts
    216

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Goodness, you're more negative than I am, but you can draw better.

    (Picture 1) I noticed Luigi's head is rather short, but fairly accurate otherwise. However, Shadow was quite well drawn.

    (Picture 2) I really like the Zero art, but I feel that his helmet is either too wide or too short.

    (Picture 3) No offense, but I really do agree that something is wrong there.

    (Picture 4) I didn't notice a problem with tails.

    (Picture 5) I'm usually not a fan of when people do this, but it's well drawn. Link's hair should be brighter, right?

    7/10, I guess. Sure, alot of tiny details were slightly off, but I wouldn't have the patience to draw some of these. I can hardly make the chin right on pretty much everything.
    Last edited by Cerikeno Drananoki; August 10th, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

  3. #3
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerokk View Post
    Goodness, you're more negative than I am, but you can draw better.

    I really like the Zero art, but I feel that his helmet is either too wide or too short.
    I figured something was off on him. I think that Zero one was my first sketch out of the ones here. Thanks.

  4. #4
    I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Friday, Mar 16 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    932

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I really like the Vanitas Get's a Date Story. It was really funny and well-drawn as well.


    Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

  5. #5
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luigiguy78 View Post
    I really like the Vanitas Get's a Date Story. It was really funny and well-drawn as well.
    Thanks Luigiguy. I had some trouble figuring out how to end it, so the whole bagel stealing Biolizard was a filler. Did you have a favorite part in the story?

  6. #6
    I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Friday, Mar 16 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    932

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I really like the beginning with Terra giving him some advice on dating.


    Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

  7. #7
    "The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Oct 2 2011
    Location
    with Waldo
    Posts
    584

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Give yourself some credit, man! It takes skills to get to the point you're at.

    That being said, I do have some advice:

    While I commend you on your shading, you should try to do it more. Several characters look off because the lack of shading make them look flat. This is especially the case with your colored pictures.

    You've already noted this, but you do have some issues with proportions, and the lack of shading in places magnifies the off look. Don't worry, proportions are a common issue for artists; I'm still trying to fix my giant heads and tiny hands, myself. :P

    I don't know a thing about Gmod, so I'll skip it. :P


    Remember, that's only constructive criticism. Your art is good, but like everything else in life, there's ways you can improve.
    There's no use worrying,

    well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

  8. #8
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Ema Skye View Post
    Give yourself some credit, man! It takes skills to get to the point you're at.

    That being said, I do have some advice:

    While I commend you on your shading, you should try to do it more. Several characters look off because the lack of shading make them look flat. This is especially the case with your colored pictures.

    You've already noted this, but you do have some issues with proportions, and the lack of shading in places magnifies the off look. Don't worry, proportions are a common issue for artists; I'm still trying to fix my giant heads and tiny hands, myself. :P

    I don't know a thing about Gmod, so I'll skip it. :P


    Remember, that's only constructive criticism. Your art is good, but like everything else in life, there's ways you can improve.
    Thanks Ema. I actually have no clue how to shade with colored pencils ATM, but I should be able to figure it out.

    Also, I did these 3 drawings on Art Academy: Sketchpad. It'll take some getting used to ._.

    Spoiler: AA drawings 

  9. #9
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Thumbs up Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Hey, Itsameluigi! I'm really glad you've decided to make a thread here! Welcome to Adeleine's Canvas!

    I have to agree with and emphasize Dectective Ema Skye's point, though. Please don't fool yourself, you've got skill. I'm guessing that when you look at your own pictures, all you can can see are the flaws, but that's true of many skilled artists. Naturally, seeing flaws is an important skill for an artist to have-- otherwise, you wouldn't know where to improve. Still, being as negative as you are really doesn't reflect the truth of the matter, and that's that you've got a solid base from which to improve.

    I know the idea of being criticized can be disconcerting, but I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think. Really constructive criticism, in my opinion, doesn't dwell on past mistakes, but uses them to focus on the potential for future success. I'm willing to bet that many of the negative things people can come in say are things you already recognize and agree with, so try not to take them personally-- just consider them, and if you agree with them, go ahead and try to work on them for the next picture.

    Spoiler: Thoughts on the Drawings 



    I'm not too familiar with what goes into making the GMod stuff, but what I see is quite amusing. Waluigi is looking as successful with the ladies as always, and something tells me Mario had to spend a bit of money on refitting his hat, as well as on a questionable barbershop treatment of his eyebrows. Finally, Luigi seems to have unlocked the lost Eastern art of self-levitation-- either that, or he's secretly from Krypton.

    As for the last picture, I will put my detective skills to the best of my ability. It seems that Zelda looks either quite distraught or outright humiliated at what seems to be Link's capture at the hands of his nemesis. I can see that the abundance of sandwiches may have something to do with the situation, as Link seems to be trying to keep them a secret-- save for the one that Ganondorf is stylishly sporting on his head. Perhaps there was a little bit of food fight action involved?

    Anyway, thanks again for sharing, and should you decide to share more, I'm looking forward to seeing it! Out of curiosity, would you be willing to take a request? I seem to remember getting some great practice from one in my own art topic, and I'm wondering if perhaps I could return the favor.

    See you around!
    Last edited by Farbeitfromme; August 14th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  10. #10
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Hey, Itsameluigi! I'm really glad you've decided to make a thread here! Welcome to Adeline's Canvas!

    I have to agree with and emphasize Dectective Ema Skye's point, though. Please don't fool yourself, you've got skill. I'm guessing that when you look at your own pictures, all you can can see are the flaws, but that's true of many skilled artists. Naturally, seeing flaws is an important skill for an artist to have-- otherwise, you wouldn't know where to improve. Still, being as negative as you are really doesn't reflect the truth of the matter, and that's that you've got a solid base from which to improve.

    I know the idea of being criticized can be disconcerting, but I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think. Really constructive criticism, in my opinion, doesn't dwell on past mistakes, but uses them to focus on the potential for future success. I'm willing to bet that many of the negative things people can come in say are things you already recognize and agree with, so try not to take them personally-- just consider them, and if you agree with them, go ahead and try to work on them for the next picture.

    Spoiler: Thoughts on the Drawings 



    I'm not too familiar with what goes into making the GMod stuff, but what I see is quite amusing. Waluigi is looking as successful with the ladies as always, and something tells me Mario had to spend a bit of money on refitting his hat, as well as on a questionable barbershop treatment of his eyebrows. Finally, Luigi seems to have unlocked the lost Eastern art of self-levitation-- either that, or he's secretly from Krypton.

    As for the last picture, I will put my detective skills to the best of my ability. It seems that Zelda looks either quite distraught or outright humiliated at what seems to be Link's capture at the hands of his nemesis. I can see that the abundance of sandwiches may have something to do with the situation, as Link seems to be trying to keep them a secret-- save for the one that Ganondorf is stylishly sporting on his head. Perhaps there was a little bit of food fight action involved?

    Anyway, thanks again for sharing, and should you decide to share more, I'm looking forward to seeing it! Out of curiosity, would you be willing to take a request? I seem to remember getting some great practice from one in my own art topic, and I'm wondering if perhaps I could return the favor.

    See you around!
    Thank you so much for your opinions. On the topic of heads, I was using guidelines from my how to book (Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley), but I thought I could just kinda do it from memory. I was wrong, it seems, heh. Like my story for example. I'd occasionally glance at a head for a second, and it'd look okay, but whenever I did it from memory it ended up wonky. I'll definitely practice some more, since just a few months of practicing isn't a lot, I think. But yeah, thanks again. And any requests are welcome, I do them all the time on Miiverse.

  11. #11
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Thank you so much for your opinions. On the topic of heads, I was using guidelines from my how to book (Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley), but I thought I could just kinda do it from memory. I was wrong, it seems, heh. Like my story for example. I'd occasionally glance at a head for a second, and it'd look okay, but whenever I did it from memory it ended up wonky. I'll definitely practice some more, since just a few months of practicing isn't a lot, I think. But yeah, thanks again. And any requests are welcome, I do them all the time on Miiverse.
    Well, it's not so much a matter of not being ready to do it from memory-- you shouldn't let practicing hold you back from testing yourself with actual drawings, after all. If I came across as meaning you drop everything in favor of more practice, that definitely wasn't my intention. It's just what came to mind when I was trying to think of what might be helpful for you to do in the time you already use for practice. If You're already doing it, just ignore me there, and keep on keepin' on.

    I haven't seen the particular Crilley book you're using, but I've seen his work online and have even used some of his tutorials-- you can't go wrong with him if you're going for a manga look, that's for sure.

    Actually, I just now saw the Vanitas story because my browser blocked it the first time, sorry about that. The faces in it definitely look better in regards to width-- and they look quite good in general. Nice work pushing them to outlandish extremes, too-- you have a knack for visual gags, I think.

    I also noticed your Miiverse drawings-- nice work on Rosalina, especially, she looks fantastic!

    Anyway, as for the request... Hmmm... I was thinking I'd kind of like to see a drawing of Zelda from Skyward Sword by herself. You can do it any way you want-- full body or portrait, whatever you're comfortable with. Take as long as you want with it too, no pressure there. More than anything else, I hope you have fun with it!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  12. #12
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Well, it's not so much a matter of not being ready to do it from memory-- you shouldn't let practicing hold you back from testing yourself with actual drawings, after all. If I came across as meaning you drop everything in favor of more practice, that definitely wasn't my intention. It's just what came to mind when I was trying to think of what might be helpful for you to do in the time you already use for practice. If You're already doing it, just ignore me there, and keep on keepin' on.

    I haven't seen the particular Crilley book you're using, but I've seen his work online and have even used some of his tutorials-- you can't go wrong with him if you're going for a manga look, that's for sure.

    Actually, I just now saw the Vanitas story because my browser blocked it the first time, sorry about that. The faces in it definitely look better in regards to width-- and they look quite good in general. Nice work pushing them to outlandish extremes, too-- you have a knack for visual gags, I think.

    I also noticed your Miiverse drawings-- nice work on Rosalina, especially, she looks fantastic!

    Anyway, as for the request... Hmmm... I was thinking I'd kind of like to see a drawing of Zelda from Skyward Sword by herself. You can do it any way you want-- full body or portrait, whatever you're comfortable with. Take as long as you want with it too, no pressure there. More than anything else, I hope you have fun with it!
    Thanks again. I've always loved giving characters funny faces since I first watched Spongebob (before it turned ECH), I'm glad they worked out on humans. And SS Zelda is a great request, but, which outfit did you want her in? I know she has her pink Skyloft dress and her white goddess dress. Either one is fine, both styles are relatively easy for me to draw.

  13. #13
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Thanks again. I've always loved giving characters funny faces since I first watched Spongebob (before it turned ECH), I'm glad they worked out on humans. And SS Zelda is a great request, but, which outfit did you want her in? I know she has her pink Skyloft dress and her white goddess dress. Either one is fine, both styles are relatively easy for me to draw.
    Whichever one you like more. If you can't decide, go ahead and use the Goddess dress, but really, it's up to you. Have fun!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  14. #14
    Waddle Dee dullahan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Aug 11 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    78

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Don't know how much of a help I can be, but I hope I can be of some.

    Looking at your drawings, I really think you have a decent basic structure there. Yeah, there's always room for improvement, but I don't think you'd be an artist if you weren't. Something I heard before is if you can look back at your stuff a year from now and still think it's fantastic, then you're not progressing as an artist. We're picky people, but that's what helps us get better!

    As for some advice, I think instead of critiquing, I'm gonna offer some VERY amateur advice on how you can try to improve.

    1.) TRACE! I know it's a very cheap method when it comes to drawing as most people prefer coming up with their own stuff going freestyle, but this is a really helpful way to learn to draw better. Just take some pictures/art/body outline (whatever you think looks good) and just trace over it. I find that it helps you to get a better feel on how to draw things and while it doesn't necessarily help with your own style, I find it does help better with proportions and the like.

    2.) STUDY COLORS AND SHADING. Look at artwork that personally appeals to you. Study the colors, study the shading, see what makes it stand out and then go out and experiment and try for yourself. One thing I find myself doing with shading especially is when I'm out in public, I find myself people watching a lot. Studying how the light hits people in various environments and trying to get myself to memorize how to apply it to my art. I try not to stare too long as people might find it creepy, but it really does help!

    3.) STUDY UP ON ANATOMY. This is something I've been trying to apply to myself for the past few years. I've been doing this by looking up various poses, trying to copy them. Heck, looking up an encyclopedia on anatomy structures (as disgusting as that may sound) helps to get you a feel for bodies. I find understanding a basic structure of a body helps in the long run when you dress them up when you draw. With poses, I find myself constantly looking up online or even taking pics of myself sometimes just to get it down. Perspective is hard and doing it from your head is even harder. I find having something to look at makes it so much easier.

    4.) IMITATE! Suppose this one doesn't need to be addressed, but imitating other's artwork is something that should be done and I'm glad you're doing it! Fanart, to me, is a great way to help yourself draw and eventually helps you to find your own unique style as well as getting you accustomed to different styles as well. With imitating too, I feel it also gives you good ideas for coloring and the like.

    5.) PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! As with anything, you'll never get better if you don't practice! Make sure if you want to improve to draw frequently!

    6.) If you get a chance, take some art classes!


    Like I said, amateur advice that can be taken with a grain of salt. I'm self-taught and have never taken an official art class, so this is pretty much stuff that I've learned over the years, some more recent then others! Like I said though, you've got a pretty good basic structure and I'm really glad to see you're getting some good practice with fanart. The proportions are a bit whack, but that's something that I feel will only get better with practice. I'd say try not to be hard on yourself, but I personally find that easier said than done. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff! Glad you shared your stuff on here!

  15. #15
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dullahan1 View Post
    Don't know how much of a help I can be, but I hope I can be of some.

    Looking at your drawings, I really think you have a decent basic structure there. Yeah, there's always room for improvement, but I don't think you'd be an artist if you weren't. Something I heard before is if you can look back at your stuff a year from now and still think it's fantastic, then you're not progressing as an artist. We're picky people, but that's what helps us get better!

    As for some advice, I think instead of critiquing, I'm gonna offer some VERY amateur advice on how you can try to improve.

    1.) TRACE! I know it's a very cheap method when it comes to drawing as most people prefer coming up with their own stuff going freestyle, but this is a really helpful way to learn to draw better. Just take some pictures/art/body outline (whatever you think looks good) and just trace over it. I find that it helps you to get a better feel on how to draw things and while it doesn't necessarily help with your own style, I find it does help better with proportions and the like.

    2.) STUDY COLORS AND SHADING. Look at artwork that personally appeals to you. Study the colors, study the shading, see what makes it stand out and then go out and experiment and try for yourself. One thing I find myself doing with shading especially is when I'm out in public, I find myself people watching a lot. Studying how the light hits people in various environments and trying to get myself to memorize how to apply it to my art. I try not to stare too long as people might find it creepy, but it really does help!

    3.) STUDY UP ON ANATOMY. This is something I've been trying to apply to myself for the past few years. I've been doing this by looking up various poses, trying to copy them. Heck, looking up an encyclopedia on anatomy structures (as disgusting as that may sound) helps to get you a feel for bodies. I find understanding a basic structure of a body helps in the long run when you dress them up when you draw. With poses, I find myself constantly looking up online or even taking pics of myself sometimes just to get it down. Perspective is hard and doing it from your head is even harder. I find having something to look at makes it so much easier.

    4.) IMITATE! Suppose this one doesn't need to be addressed, but imitating other's artwork is something that should be done and I'm glad you're doing it! Fanart, to me, is a great way to help yourself draw and eventually helps you to find your own unique style as well as getting you accustomed to different styles as well. With imitating too, I feel it also gives you good ideas for coloring and the like.

    5.) PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! As with anything, you'll never get better if you don't practice! Make sure if you want to improve to draw frequently!

    6.) If you get a chance, take some art classes!


    Like I said, amateur advice that can be taken with a grain of salt. I'm self-taught and have never taken an official art class, so this is pretty much stuff that I've learned over the years, some more recent then others! Like I said though, you've got a pretty good basic structure and I'm really glad to see you're getting some good practice with fanart. The proportions are a bit whack, but that's something that I feel will only get better with practice. I'd say try not to be hard on yourself, but I personally find that easier said than done. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff! Glad you shared your stuff on here!
    Thanks Dullahan! I actually used to trace when I was younger, and I've studied some shading on other characters I like, like Sonic's art has a very distinct light blue line going across him.

    I've got some new art now. More Art Academy stuff for you guys to laugh at! XD

    Spoiler: AA art 

  16. #16
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Sorry for the double post, but Farbeitfromme's request is done.


  17. #17
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I don't think you have to worry about double posts here, especially if you've got a new piece of art to show.

    Looks great, thank you! I can see you took the shading very seriously, and it turned out pretty well. I also like how the background turned out. I hope you enjoyed drawing it, in any case. Now that that's done, let your imagination run wild for whatever you do next!

    Your recent AA pictures are looking great, I'll add-- I especially like how Ness and Paula turned out, and the Sonic picture looks excellent.

    Keep it up!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  18. #18
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about double posts here, especially if you've got a new piece of art to show.

    Looks great, thank you! I can see you took the shading very seriously, and it turned out pretty well. I also like how the background turned out. I hope you enjoyed drawing it, in any case. Now that that's done, let your imagination run wild for whatever you do next!

    Your recent AA pictures are looking great, I'll add-- I especially like how Ness and Paula turned out, and the Sonic picture looks excellent.

    Keep it up!
    Thanks, though Butterfly made a much better drawing. Also, I had a LOT of fun shading her. I liked how her official art used purple and blue as opposed to just black.

  19. #19
    I can't believe I forgot how great Copy Kitty is! MathematicalVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Friday, Mar 22 2013
    Location
    Brainblow City. Got in a fight with George Takei over our space travels. Now I'm homeless.
    Posts
    484

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    These are good. The only problem I have is that it's "Understand," not "On the street." "Understand the concept of love."
    Steep prices and...trees.
    Spoiler: Cluttered Sig Stuff 

    Anthyding can still hadplen.

  20. #20
    Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Wednesday, Jun 20 2012
    Location
    The land of tea and rain
    Posts
    551

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    First of all, there's no need to be so negative! You really do have talent, and you've really improved from when you first started showing me your art.

    I think in particular, you draw Sonic characters really well. I also really enjoyed you Vanitas story- it was pretty funny, and made me laugh even when I didn't know some of the characters. It must have taken you quite a while to draw.

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Thanks, though Butterfly made a much better drawing. Also, I had a LOT of fun shading her. I liked how her official art used purple and blue as opposed to just black.
    Thanks. ^////^ Though I wouldn't say my Zelda is that great. Yours is pretty good too, and I can tell you put a lot of effort into the shading. One thing I noticed is that the shape of the jaw and chin is a little bit too round, but I still have problems with that too.

    Lastly, though I don't know anything about GMod, your GMod pictures are hilarious!


    Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

  21. #21
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MathematicalVoid View Post
    These are good. The only problem I have is that it's "Understand," not "On the street." "Understand the concept of love."
    ...crap. Of course now I can't edit it either -_- The thing automatically fixes marks when you change tools...

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    First of all, there's no need to be so negative! You really do have talent, and you've really improved from when you first started showing me your art.

    I think in particular, you draw Sonic characters really well. I also really enjoyed you Vanitas story- it was pretty funny, and made me laugh even when I didn't know some of the characters. It must have taken you quite a while to draw.


    Thanks. ^////^ Though I wouldn't say my Zelda is that great. Yours is pretty good too, and I can tell you put a lot of effort into the shading. One thing I noticed is that the shape of the jaw and chin is a little bit too round, but I still have problems with that too.

    Lastly, though I don't know anything about GMod, your GMod pictures are hilarious!
    Thanks. The Vanitas story I drew a few hours a day for a week, I think. And yes, I'm much better at drawing Sonic than anyone else. And I recently downloaded GMod on my new computer, so I can finish my scavenger hunt thing.

  22. #22
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Okay, sorry for the double post, but new picture.



    Probably my best Art Academy drawing. I'll do the thick lines more often.

  23. #23
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Hey, awesome job on that one! I can't say I'm familiar with the character, but you did a great job on her. I especially like the eyes, but you did very well with the coloring and shading too-- nice contrast with a fairly consistent light source.

    The thicker outlines certainly seem to fit the nature of the character-- I like the way they make her seem to pop out of the background. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  24. #24
    Hoarder of Memories Kapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Saturday, Mar 13 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    558

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Oh, that's pretty neat! I actually recognize that character--I watched the Squid Girl anime sometime last year. The only thing I really want to point out is that her right eye seems a little bit too small.

    Good work!
    ~Graphically Minded~

  25. #25
    i am embarassed by my actions
    Join Date
    Thursday, Jun 27 2013
    Posts
    216

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Is that Squid Girl










    That looks great! I need to watch that anime eventually. I've only seen bits and parts so far.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •