Thread: Crusaders of Centy: Legacy of a Forgotten Time

Crusaders of Centy: Legacy of a Forgotten Time

Greetings Traveler. Would you like your fortune told?

A peek into the future could change your life. Avoid a situation one would find unpleasant...

Ahhhh, I see, I see. One who doesn't wish to know what the future holds for themselves. Very well then.

Still, please, come in. You've traveled a long way, and a storm is brewing. I have spare rooms in the back of my tent, and you won't get very far anyway.

.... Very well. I'll see you momentarily.

I told you it was going to storm.

The room is prepared. Please come inside.

Now then. Would you like your fortune told?

Still no?

Very well. At least let me tell you a story of others then.

Others working to cure the plague on our lands.

Oh, most don't know it yet. They're still fighting over the "rightful" inheritors.

Anyway. Allow me to explain the basis of Centy.

Spoiler: The fortuneteller explains.... 

Now then. Look at the items on the table over there.

Each corresponds to a member of the story.

They will tell you a bit of the story as the owner experiences it.

Spoiler: Look at the items 

It is time for the items to speak.

Hear what they say.
    Last edited by Philip Draco; November 19th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

I finally have a picture worthy of being my avatar Greenmaster17's Avatar

Re: Crusaders of Centy: Legacy of a Forgotten Time

Bartal'ya was bored. Of course he understood the importance of the upcoming battle and knew that as the commanding general he should be excited or at least nervous, but as he looked at the Wolfbrawn troops rallied in their positions, he couldn't help but be bored. The brutes were screaming their war cries and whatever else they did to prepare for battle, and it all seemed meaningless to Bar. He scratched his claw-like nails across the cold cave stone in annoyance. The flamers, at least, were somewhat interesting. Their shape shifting abilities made them invaluable in combat, especially in siege warfare like this.
    "Tactician," growled a wolfbrawn messenger, "is it time to attack?"
    "Hmmm....." considered Bar, "Yes, I suppose the time is right. Sound the charge."
    With no reply, the messenger let a tremendous how out. This echoed through the mountain, providing an effective call to arms. Bartal'ya briefly considered staying here and directing the battle from afar, but decided better of it and followed the army outside. It was warm, warm and sunny. Excellent weather to attack Crusanta. Time for the festivities to begin.
    Spoiler: chainy thing 

Philip Draco couldn't be more excited.

Two days. Two days stood between him and his fathers legacy.

At last, Sixteen. The age where legacies begin.
    The age he would receive a real sword and join the human battlefield!

But for now, it was time to prepare for school.

"Mom! Have you seen my Mathbook? I can't find it."
    "It's near your practice blade, you left it downstairs on the table! Now hurry, you don't want to be late for your last day!"
    Philip spots the book, and hurries downstairs.

His mother was correct. Tomorrow, he'd have to take his final exams, which would greatly influence where he would start his apprenticeship, if he would get one at all.

He's fairly sure the incident with inferno practice totally destroyed his chances of being a magician, and he most certainly wasn't going to pass archery, but there's still a few places he could end up if he doesn't keep his skill up.
    Only the crazy berserker wants to be a frontline swordsman, and if he's not careful, he could end up in the decoy class, with no purpose but to scare the monsters into range. That's no fun.

Of course, his dad WAS Warrior Corona. One of the greatest human battler Centy has ever know. His only son would probably get a fairly awesome position no matter what, but why risk it?

Philip thanks his mother and runs downstairs. Grabbing his lunch, he runs out the door, preparing for school, and thinking of all the things he'll fight when his birthday arrives....

Completely unaware of what will come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WOLFBRAWNS SPOTTED OFF THE NORTH GATE! FLAME WIZARDS AND WOLFSLAYERS REPORT!"

The defenses quickly respond to the call for help. The Capital was under attack once again.

"Archers, in position! Get the silver tipped arrows and fire at targets when in range!"

"Should we prepare Meteor spells?"
    "You kidden? This shouldn't take more then a few Flame attacks!"

"We're ready, Colonel."
    Last edited by Philip Draco; July 29th, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Activity on the walls could be seen from where Bartal'ya stood directing his forces. Luckily, no forces were coming out to meet them. Now was the time for action. He only hoped that the krakens would follow his plan well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right soldiers, a group of wolfbrawns is marching on the north gate. We need to get on the walls, now!" The commander led his soldiers out of their barracks and towards the walls. Along the path was the recently founded northern fire department. As the unit approached the building, the commander noticed that some of the adjacent streets were flooded. "What the-ugh!" were the commander's last words, as he and most of the unit were brought down by king kraken strength and steel. Some of the soldiers survived the ambush only to see a few more krakens ascending from the wells built to serve the fire department. After all of the infiltrators had reached ground level, they destroyed the well before finally being seen and brought down by the human archers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bartal'ya saw a column of water spew up from one of the four target zones he had set for the krakens. He felt rather satisfied that all was going so well. The main wolfbrawn divisions charged forward while a special group of sappers followed them, followed in turn by the flamers. He saw the first cloud of arrows fall onto the main group and knew the mages would be firing soon. Though his best was lightning, Bar was efficient in all types of elemental magic and knew how to counter all of it. He readied a wind shield that seemed to effectively block the flames. When his army had made it to the walls, it was all up to the sappers. They punched holes in the walls with good speed, and in the next few seconds dozens of flamers were through the walls. Bar ordered a retreat to save the remaining forces for future fights.

That night, many leading monsters watched with satisfaction as flames covered over a third of the capitol and Bartal'ya slept well indeed.

“Hi Son! How was your last day of school?”

Philip enters his house completely soaked.

“Oh my! What happened?”

“That…. was probably the worse day of school I'd ever had.”

Philip brings in his books, completely destroyed, and his practice blade, split in two.

“So what happened? A monster raid?”
    “No, no, nothing like that…”
    “Then what son?”
    “Today, we went over the basics of combat. This included which elements where superior to what, special ability's of weapons, enchantments, and self healing spells.
    I failed each and every one of them.”
    “Oh, honey, I’m sure it wasn’t that ba-“
    “Ohhh yes it was.
    We started with the elements. The teacher had various mages throw spells at us, and we had to figure out what element was best to block the attacks.
    Things went great until fire spell.
    I thought, ‘Hey, fire and water, of course the water block would be best!’

“Completely forgetting enough fire could dry up water?”
    “Yep. I got toasted. Burned my books to.”
    “Oh sweetie,”
    “It gets worse.
    Next, we went over special abilities of weapons. I was trying to learn Sword Shockwave to complement the Sword Return. I could throw the sword, then return it to me after releasing the shockwave away from potential allies.”

“Anndd you forgot to check if your practice sword could handle it.”
    “Yep. Practice blades can’t handle that much shock. It broke.”
    “I suppose that’s another 20 Marin we owe the school?”
    “Wellll…. That’s the last thing…
    When the books got burned, I couldn’t read which self heal spell I was supposed to practice for the class. I asked the teacher, and he said I should try Sanita. I looked it up and tried it out.”
    “…And?”
    “Well... apparently, it’s casting is very similar to Rain Bringer.”
    “....You didn’t...”
    “I Did. Class Seven Rain attack. It soaked everything and went out the window. They think it’ll hit the capital tomorrow.”
    “Oh sweetie.... I suppose that IS the worst possible way to leave school.”
    “Yeah. I’m headed for bed. I’ve had enough of today.”
    “Oh, wait, one thing before you do!”
    Philip’s mother runs to the kitchen, returning with a small package

“Happy early birthday! I might not get another chance to give it to you.”
    “Oh. Thanks Mom!”
    “Open it. I think you’ll like it!”
    “…. A…. Life Apple?!?”
    “Happy Birthday!”
    “Mom, these cost 8,000 Marin! How could we possi-“
    “Now, don’t worry about that. I can’t put a price on your life, and you need every advantage you can to beat those evil creatures!”
    “… But..”
    “No Buts. Keep the apple safe and use it as you need to. “
    Philip… Didn’t know what to say.

A Life Apple is truly a powerful item. Small bits can heal almost any ailments, and a large amount could even bring someone near death to his feet in seconds. The apple constantly regrows, meaning as long as even the slightest core remains, the whole apple will eventually regenerate. Surly one of the grandest presents anyone could receive.

With this, Philip didn’t need to use a healing spell when in battle. A small bite could keep him going for the remainder of the fight, and would most certainly recover from anything, even a full force blast from the legendary Leviathans.

Nevertheless, 8,000 Marin is more than enough to build a mansion. The cost of the Apple could easily been used for other things.

Still… The money was spent. And spent to keep him safe. Declining would be disrespecting his mother’s wishes and saying her love meant nothing.

Taking the apple, Philip went upstairs to prepare for tomorrow.

A Life Apple was added to Philip’s Bag

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “This is why we must act NOW!”
    Crusanta Capital echoed with the discussion of the king’s advisors.
    “Those blasted monsters must be hunted down and destroyed!”
    “We’ve already sent out every scouting party to try and find them, they are gone! No doubt to that accused mountain in the east!”
    “They couldn’t have gotten there yet! It’s easily a three day journey for a wind mage with full mana!”
    “If we go now, we might be able to overtake the exhausted beasts and slay them once and for all!”
    “The wall is going to take days to rebuild as is! Sending solders will cause a retaliation if they can’t defeat them, and leave our town with less defense then we currently have!”
    “So we are to do NOTHING? These creatures have penetrated our walls three times thus far! Leaving them be will only cause more attacks, and more successes by them!”
    “We can’t let our egos rise above the safety of our citizens!”
    “If we don’t stop them there won’t BE citizens!”

The king rises from his throne.
    “We will recruit everyone we can to rebuild the wall.”
    “But your majesty!”
    “This strike could be the first part of a larger battle. We must rebuild the wall as soon as possible. Vengeance can wait until then.”
    “But-“
    “No Buts! Rebuild that wall before the monsters strike again.”

“Yes sir.”

The advisors left the Counsel room.

Most were unhappy with the decision made.
    Last edited by Philip Draco; August 5th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.

"Fools! This was not my plan!" snarled Bartal'ya.
    "The course of action is clear. With the tunnels connected to the humans' water supplies, the king krakens can infiltrate the human city, and with our sappers being more effective than ever we can take the city," insisted the wolfbrawn king.
    "Such an attack would cost thousands, likely millions. My attack was to provoke the humans into an attack on your base, where this castle would become their graves," replied Bartal'ya.
    "Don't you see? With a larger army, you can take the city! Only our greatest general can lead this glorious attack. You must lead this attack," asserted the king.
    "Our agreement was that I would lead your forces so long as you follow my plans. If you do not follow you side of the agreement then I owe you no allegiance," retorted Bartal'ya.
    With these words, a vortex of wind and water enveloped Bartal'ya. His custon transportation spell carried him to the edge of the forest near his cottage. He turned in the direction of the capitol expecting to see a cloud of smoke, but instead saw an unexpected rain storm dousing the destructive blaze. Strange, it was a dry season in the region. The storm must have been created by a mage in the distant countryside. He began walking towards his hovel when he saw a human wanderer sleeping on the forest floor. He granted this intruder a painless death with a quick suffocating wind spell. Bartal'ya dragged the body back to his home and inspected this prospective form. The man appeared to be a frequent hiker, which meant he was an outcast. Whether he was a tracker, outlaw, adventurer or hunter, this form would serve Bartal'ya's plan nicely. After the transformation process was completed, he inspected this body and searched for any flaws. He had gotten most everything correct, except for fangs rather than teeth and, as always, piercing red eyes. The man's beard was full enough to conceal the fangs and his apparent age made squinting a passable habit. He left his home to try out this new form and saw the rain clouds beginning to dissipate. Something within him led him to seek out the source of this squall. His hike lasted until some time after nightfall, when he reached a town. He found an inn and asked for a room. Luckily, he had been given quite a sum in payment for his recent services. He checked in under the false alias of Dromunt, a common name in certain areas, and went to his room determined to find the mage in the morning.

It was time.

The test that would determine Philip's place in the battlefield.

This is what he'd been training for. This was his moment!

"We'll start with basic spells"

... Uh oh.

"Umm... could we start with something el-"
    "No. Begin with Fire, then follow the known elemental weaknesses."
    "I really don't thi-"
    "Time's ticking Philip. Go."

"....Okay..."

Well, I suppose I should start with Class 1 fire... let's try cinder.

Philip focused his energy on a pile of wood...
    And they started floating.

"I said Fire spell, Fire!"
    "Oh, sorry... Lets try this one"

Don't panic. Stay cool. You can do this....

The wood froze over.

"Philip!"

Panicpanicpanicpanicpanicpanicpanicpanicpanicpanic panic

"I'm trying sir, I'm trying!"

The wood finally catches ablaze.
    As does the target dummys, a nearby stable, a pitcher of water and the fence.

"....Sorry sir..."
    "F minus."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: Defense Exam (Long) 

Spoiler: Armed Combat Exam 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, the coach is here. You're off to the capital Philip! Here are the papers for the enlistment and you're grades."
    The instructor hands a pretty heavy book to Philip.
    "Thank you sir."
    "With the marks you've received, You'll most likely start as a Mid-line Warrior. It's up to the king, of course."
    "...Well, could be worse. Thank you Sir."
    "Oh yes. I know you like puzzles, so I gathered a few I could find. They should keep you occupied for the trip."
    "Thank you... Sir."
    "Good luck! Here's to hearing from the finest hero in Centy!"
    "... Sir?"
    "Yes?"
    "......Please tell my mother goodbye...."
    "I will."

Without a word, the coachman left Philip's hometown.

Philip... wasn't sure he would ever see it again.

It could be years before he earned an absence to visit. If he lived long enough in battle....
    Last edited by Philip Draco; August 7th, 2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: My goodness, that's a long post. Let's see if we can cut it down some...

"So you're a traveler then?" asked the server.
    "Indeed, a refugee from the capitol," replied Bartal'ya.
    "How did you find your way here Mr. ......"
    "Dromunt. I have friend who visited here once, said it was a good and quiet place."
    "Well, that's true enough. You said your were from the capitol, did it come under attack?"
    "Yeah, few days ago some monsters broke through the walls, set fire to a whole district. The fire was put out by a freak rainstorm, but I decided to leave before the beasts broke through again."
    Somehow, Bartal'ya didn't have to much trouble insulting his former employer.
    "A freak storm, huh? Funny. Some kid messed up in his magic practice a couple days ago and cast a class seven rain spell."
    "A boy!?"
    "So I heard."
    "Well, he must have quite some potential then."
    "Yeah, I dunno him, but his dad was supposed to be some war hero."
    "Does he have any other family?"
    "Well, I think his mother still lives with him."
    "Huh. Well, any recommendations on places to find work?"
    Their conservation went on as such for a while as Bartal'ya thought of the his next action. Finally, much to Bar's relief, the woman was called on to wait on another table. Eventually, he reasoned that the woman would visit the market. While waiting and watching for his target, he saw a strange old woman peddling "magical" wares.
    "You there, traveler!" she called out.
    "What do you want?" he snapped, angered at having to wait so long.
    "Only to benefit one such as yourself. Come, browse my wares."
    Well, it couldn't hurt. Unless she sprinkled holy water on him, or any water for that matter. Let's see...... fake magic charm, garlic to drive of the wolfbrawns (may actually be some truth about that, they hated garlic), a jar of blueish slime, flesh-eating flower repellent..... Slime?
    "How much for the slime?" he inquired.
    The two bartered for some time and finally agreed on a reasonable price. After securing his purchase, he stepped away from the market to an alley to escape prying eyes. He opened the jar and stuck his hand in. The slime fused with him, and though he did not grow larger, he felt the power flow through him. With that much slime, he would only have to wait and hour or two to transform. But, back to the task. After a few hours, he say the woman buying fruit.
    "Ma'am, where did you find such fine fruit?" he started.
    "Oh, its just at the stand around the corner."
    "That's an awful lot of food for just a single woman."
    "Oh, yes I-I suppose your right. I'm sorry, its just that my son has left to the capitol to join the army."
    "Well, you have my sympathies, I shall keep you in in my thoughts. I hear the heavens smile upon mothers."
    "I certainly hope so."
    "Well, It was good to meet you."
    With this, he was off. He felt...... pity perhaps. Now he had another reason to find the boy.

Philip’s coach approachs the capital.
    He wasn’t aware of it yet though. He’d been working on his riddle book most the ride, only taking a break when it was too dark to see it.

He was currently working on “Knight Fight 4”. Quite popular for its use of Ink Move to have the knight move from page to page, though not as acclaimed as its predecessors.

Let’s see.. Got the spear and magic book, so where’s the hammer?

Unfortunately, the next page had a slime monster on it.

Noooo! I don’t have a sword!

The slime attacked the knight. The spear did some damage, but the piercing nature of the weapon made it ineffective against the fluid nature of the slime.

“You Lose. Returning knight to last bookmarked page.”

The book turned itself back to page 53.

“Gahhh. I don’t want to do the blue block puzzle again!”

Draco now wished he bookmarked a later page.
    Luckly/unluckly for him, he wouldn’t have time. The coach approached the capital….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As the coachman pulled up to the castle, Philip gathered his things.

The coach stops. Philip thanks the coachman for the ride and asks him where he should go.
    “Well, ya just got here… cording to this, you’ve got a pass to see the king for a sword er somethin… Throne room’s prob’ly where you’re headed.

“Thank you sir.”

Philip steps to the castle.
    It was time to learn where he was would begin his destiny. Probably an observer swordsman, but who knows? He might be able to start as a middlelines fighter, maybe an explorer, if he was lucky.

“Hey Kid! What are you doing here?”
    “Huh?”
    “Don’t you ‘Huh’ me! Get yer Donkey Hide over here and keep working on that wall!”
    “What?”
    “You want a writeup Boy? I SAID MOVE!”
    “But..!”
    "NOW BOY!"

It was no use.
    The Workman wasn’t interested in any “phony baloney papers” that proved who he was. The Workman heard the “birthday meeting with the king” excuse a million times before.

Philip was stuck working on the wall. He’ll be stuck there until the king’s aware of the mixup…

( Regrettably, I can’t be in the RP for a time. I’ll try to return when I can, but for now, Philip’s going to be kept busy for a while….)
    Last edited by Philip Draco; August 19th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

A Special Brand of Apathy CobaltShard's Avatar

Sanare looked at the letter she had just received. She couldn't remember the last time she had received a letter. All the people she knew were in town and they would simply come talk to her when she was needed. The letter itself was comprised of white parchment with a large wax seal that she thought was familiar. After opening the letter, she recognized where the seal had come from. This letter was from the capital! "Who knows me that lives in the capital?" The letter read:

Dear Sanare,
    It has come to the attention of the Capital Guard and the King himself that you are very adept in healing magic. Very recently the Capital was attacked by a horde of monsters. The Capital has sustained major damages and many are wounded, both civilian and guard. While the Capital boasts and impressive number of healers, there are still more injured that cannot be provided for as professional healers are very rare. The King asks that you travel to the Capital and assist in healing the injured. The King has seen fit to give a substantial pay for your services. We await your arrival and thank you in advance for your help in aiding our forces.
    The Capital

Well it seems they needed a healer. Although she was confused about how they had heard of her. She very well known around her small village. Maybe someone had went to the capital and said something about her. Regardless, she did like healing the injured and her savings weren't looking to healthy as of late. "Well if I'm gonna make this trip I'm gonna need some supplies." So Sanare threw on her cloak and ventured into town.
    Doesn't know how to make a cool signature

"Ugh, how stupid of me."
    Bartal'ya followed the convoy from a distance for some time, all this time he was an unarmed human traveling alone. Unarmed. With no apparent magical abilities. Perhaps a small....... miscalculation on his part. A group of bandits ambushed him, wounding him, leaving him for dead, and taking his money. Luckily since he was made of, well, slime, natural regeneration was pretty simple. When he had recovered enough to get up, he realized that most of the convoy had moved on. His only options were to follow the carriage to the capitol or to return to his cottage. He was rather........ interested by the people of the capitol. And it would be a good chance to see the true results of his work. It would take him some time to find the boy- assuming he had arrived- but he could at least go to the city and give it a shot. He arrived at the south gate by the end of the day in a stream of transients, refugees, and recruits. Unnoticed by the sentries as he was not, in fact, a monster. Well, that was debatable. If this was was where new arrivals came in, hopefully the boy would show up.
    Last edited by Greenmaster17; August 21st, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

"Hurry up, ya Slowgres! Get tha't Sapper Gunk off the wall 'fore it causes more damage!"

"Please, Sir, I have to meet with-"

"GET YER GARMET ON NOW OR I'LL R'MOVE THE SENSE BLOCK!"

"*Sigh*... Alright, alright, but please ask the king about this later."

"GET!"

"*pffft*. Who does he think he is? 'I'm the son of big, bad Corona, I'VE got a meet'n with the king'. HA. Lazy brat's with a lousy excuse more like it...."

"On the plus side, at least I'll know how to remove acid Sapper's use to dissolve stone."
    "Hopefully, I'll always have a smell block on me though. Smells what they use to knock out Tuskers."

Philip increased the Move Liquid orb's mana pool. The acid slowly moved out of the walls and into various containers to recycle for later use.

"I hope this thing doesn't break. If I have to move the acid, I'd probably make things worse....."

"That's all the new recruits for now, my Liege."
    "... Odd... I didn't see Draco. He should of been here today."
    "....Draco? THE Draco?"
    "His son, yes."
    "...Perhaps he tarrys. Let me check the records..."
    "....Your majesty, All recruitment carriages have arrived from Soleil..."
    "So he's in the city. Search for him."
    "My Liege, he's most likely finding his way to the castle,"
    "Find him! He's Draco's son. I want to make SURE he gets here and receives his father's blade!"

The adviser bows. An announcement was proclaimed to find Philip Draco, with a fairly hefty reward....

Bartal'ya was reclining against the city walls when a sentry came along and posted an edict from the king himself.
    "Hail, transient! The king seeks aid in finding the boy Phillip Draco. He who does this will be granted a hefty reward from the royal treasury."
    "Phillip Draco huh? How convenient."
    "Huh? What was that?"
    "Ah, think nothing of it. Come, boy, could you help an injured old man to his house?"
    "Well, I have an errand to perform for the king, but I might spare a moment."
    It was a simple matter to lead the sentry to an alley an slaughter him. Nearly an hour later, he was in the man's form. As he lacked any leads on where to find the boy, Bar did what he did best, think. This form was weak, but provided him the advantage of authority. He began patrolling the city asking others of what they knew of the boy's location. Another Sentry finally provided him with useful information. Apparently, even though the coach had arrived, Phillip Draco had never made it to the palace. Thus, he must've been delayed outside the city. It didn't take long to find his target working on the walls. It was rather satisfactory to see the humans working on their mighty wall that he had spent so much work crushing.
    "Hm. The pests have admirable perseverance. Clearly they were not giving up so easily."
    "Hey, look alive boys! Now then, whatever would a high and might sentry of the king himself want with us lowly workers?"
    "Idiot. The boy is no filthy laborer. Haven't you heard, the king is searching for him? Regardless, I'll be sure to inform your superior of your impotence as soon as the king allows. Come on boy, the king waits!"
    Bartal'ya turned and headed towards the palace without waiting for the boy. Heh, he could stay a worker if he wanted to.

"Yes! Thank you!"
    "... Wait, wait, I need to get my things! I'll be right back!"
    It's bad manners to appear before the king in a acid cleaning outfit.
    Philip runs to the changing room. Grabbing his pass and his things, quickly heading out to follow the solder.
    "Thanks for the lesson on brick-making mister workman, bye!"
    The workman's stunned expression was quite satisfying. Despite the mixup, the workman was just doing his job, if someone wasn't doing theirs, he'd make sure they get back to it. Besides, Philip learned some basic repairwork, and that might come in handy later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Thanks for coming to get me, he didn't believe this pass was real. "
    Philip attempted to start a conversation with the sentry....

"Hm. I suppose he can be forgiven for not being so gullible as to believe everything he hears. Regardless, just so long as he repairs that wall quickly. I must say though, those monster sappers have become rather skilled."
    As Bartal'ya spoke, he looked around, taking in the scenery of the smoldering houses and shops that were unfortunately close to the wall. He almost felt pity for the unfortunate humans who were caught up in the devastation of his attack. Almost.
    "We're almost there. Are you ready to meet the king? He sent out a request specifically to find you."

"Really? Awesome, I wouldn't think that he'd do that.... Though his opinion of me will probably decrease when he gets my grades..."
    "...*sigh*, those poor people. I can't believe those monstrosity's keep attacking us, how could they have such a low value for life? I hope I'll be able to get them back a hundred fold for all this mess!"

"... Sorry, off topic. I think I got everything I need, just gotta pray for the best. "
    "I apologize for this question, but how'd you become a sentry? Where you assigned to it, or did you get injured in battle?"
    Last edited by Philip Draco; October 27th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Dang. Bartal'ya was best with planned lies, not spontaneous ones.
    "Well, um... Its complicated. But, don't worry about me, we're here at the palace. Follow me."
    Bar progressed to the gate of the palace and knocked on the door.
    "Who goes there? What is your business with the king?" barked the guard.
    "I am (think think think) Dromunt of the Northern Woods, a sentry of the king. According to his orders I have found the boy Phillip Draco and brought him."
    "Ah well done sentry! Both of you go in and hear the king's words."
    Bar led Phillip into the palace and was surprised that the king's own palace wasn't ordained as a rich man's mansion. Perhaps he was wiser than the monster leaders. Or simply more desperate.
    "Well now, I hear you bring Phillip Draco, and indeed you do! Come sentry, receive your gold, then I shall speak to the boy."
    "If I may, I would request an alternate reward. Rather than gold, allow me to be promoted to a captain in your forces, wherever one is needed."
    "Brilliant! A true patriot we have here, friends. Very well, you may have your wish Captain... what was your name again?"
    "Dromunt, my king."
    "Ah yes, of the Northern Woods. Unique folk, yours. But, they are known for their loyalty and cleverness. The only problem lies in the lack of units needing a captain."
    "Sir, the new unit, created only today lacks such a commander," provided a scribe.
    "Of course! If this is acceptable, you will lead young Phillip here and his compatriots in their glorious ventures."
    "This is fine by me."
    "Well then, Captain Dromunt, go see this scribe here to affirm your promotion. Now then, Philip son of Draco! Come forth!"
    Draco. That explains his fateful connection to the boy. O how fate loves to toy with him. But, now things go well indeed for the tactician.

Philip nervously approached the king....

"Son of Draco, do you know your fathers legacy?"
    "...Umm... Yes sir..."
    "Your father was a hero, Draco. He's saved many lives in battle, and took the lands that no one could."
    "He mounted the only successful invasion of the Mountain to the east, and defeated the most powerful monsters this land has ever seen."
    "And this sword. Indeed, this very blade, is what he used for all of it."
    Philip's heart started pounding...
    "This simple blade has everything from Flamers to Grand Maule's fall before it. The Sandworms in the desert were cleared with it's edge. The most powerful monster know to Centy was stopped with it."
    "The Croactcores, sir?"
    "Even they. "
    "Regardless. It was not the weapon's doing."
    "Tell me, Son of Draco. Do you see anything special about this weapon?"
    Philip looks at the blade in the king's hand...
    ".... No sire. I don't..."
    "That's because there isn't anything special about it. No, not a thing."
    "It is not the weapon that mattered, Son of Draco. It was the one who wields it."
    "The power of a Warrior can not be measured by the blade he wields. Many people believe it to be the deciding factor,"
    "The true strength of a Warrior, the true skill, is how he uses them."
    "This blade is worn. It's edges need sharped. It's the tool your father used to accomplish everything he ever did."
    "And now, Son of Draco. The very same weapon."
    The king hands the sheet toward Philip

"Is yours."

"Come, to the balcony."
    "People of Centy!"

The crowd below stopped to hear the king....

"Let it be known, On this Day, Philip Draco has Received his Fathers Legacy!"

The sounds of the cheering nearly deafened Draco.

No pressure, then..... Oiiiiii....

The king leaves the balcony, and Draco follows him.

"See yourself to the scribe below. He will give you your first task under Captain Dromunt."
    "Yes sir."

"Also, Philip Draco... There is one that your father defeated in battle stronger then a Croactcores."

Stronger then a Croactcores?? What on CENTY could be stronger then those??

"Hurry along,you'll learn in time."

Philip was puzzled by the kings words.
    Regardless, it was time for him to learn his position in the army

------------------------------

"Scribes, I have an urgent message for Captain Dromunt. This is to be of utmost secretcy, and as such I shall cast Sound Remover."
    "This is what the message is to say."
    Last edited by Philip Draco; October 31st, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

"Form up, recruits!"
    The nervous young soldiers hurriedly scrambled into a rough square.
    "Come on you lazy worms, STRAIGHTEN UP!"
    At this, the eager young ones organized into a more precise square.
    "That's more like it. Alright then, report for your assignments."
    Dromunt called forth each student forth and gave them their respective roles.
    "Phillip Draco!"
    The boy came forward and nervously stood before the captain.
    "Let's see here," said Dromunt as he flipped through Phillip's test, "hmmm. You did pretty horrid on your magic test, and you don't seem much of the healer type. Quite good on your defensive exam and also respectively well on your combat exam. Clearly a swordsman. Now then, frontline? No, you don't quite have that berserker gleam in you eyes. Perhaps a scout. hmm, yes that might do. But, I see more potential in you. You have the look of a very... adaptive fellow. Perhaps you may make a fair field commander. Yes, I think that sound fair, on the way to our mission you ought walk with me about tactics and such. I won't have a field commander who doesn't know what he's doing. Now then, with everyone having received their stations, its time to move out to the forest, we've been assigned to respond to a few wolfbrawn sightings and protect a cargo of weapons headed to a border outpost. Fall in, marching positions! Half march everyone!"
    Perhaps this would be fun after all.

A FIELD COMMANDER????

Philip's mind was filled with both excitment and dread.

I've never commanded anything before! What do I do?

.... Ask Dromunt what to do. Yes, good. Now how do I word the question....
    Sir, I want to be a good field commander, what should I learn?

.... That sounds weird. How about: Sir, Please teach me everything you can!

... that.. might make me sound wimpy... I know: Sir, what would you recommend for this mission?

perfect. Okay, here I go

Philip walks alongside Dourunt... and....

"SIRWHATDOIDOSIR"

.... Fish oil.

"Sorry sir... What should I know for this mission?"
    Last edited by Philip Draco; November 19th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

"Ah yes, Philip, isn't it? First a few general tips in regard to tactics. First, avoid spreading your men too thin, a skilled opponent will use any weakness you present them. Second, try not to get outflanked or surrounded, and if you see their lines thinning, counterattack and try and break their formation. Third, always consider outside factors, like weather and terrain, before you make a move. Also, stick to your decisions, but be adaptive as well. Most importantly, however, is to remember that commanding is different from simply fighting because you are responsible for others lives,not just your own. Now that we've covered the basics, on to the job at hand. You see, the reason we were sent on this mission in the first place was to counter a supply raid that high command is afraid of. If they are, indeed planning such a raid, we'll need to be prepared for anything. I've developed a plan that I hope will teach these monsters a lesson. First, I will lead the primary force in protecting the cargo, bu we'll need a way to make sure they don't slip back into the forest. That's where you come in. You will command a smaller group that will follow us from inside the trees. When the ambush force attacks, you'll move your force so as to block off their escape. My group will repel the attack, and force them to retreat. When they start to run, you attack them and push them back to us. We surround them, capture a few, learn the location of their hideout, and proceed accordingly. The choice of men will be yours, choose well. And kid, don't do anything stupid like, I don't know, getting surrounded and captured."
    Last edited by Greenmaster17; November 25th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information