Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: City Redux

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

Re: City Redux

Aeon chuckled, but remained silent. This whole ordeal smelled funny to him, but he couldn't complain. He had been living in solitude for the past few decade, he couldn't remember how long really. The company that wondered to his door always wanted answers, but never necessarily his company. And now, out of the blue, someone has requested for his presence but not necessarily his wisdom. A rather odd turn of events.

The two travelled on, though the end of the property of Aeon. The old man turned back to his house, sending a silent goodbye to his cherry blossom tree. He loved that tree and hoped nothing bad would happen to it.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be forum users pretending to be cowboys. Sansato's Avatar

A man leaves his apartment complex and starts walking deeper into the downtown area. He didn't want to go downtown, but he had a meeting with his employer that he couldn't afford to miss. He decided to take the long way around down one of the side streets in order to avoid the parade. Seth didn't know if this decision would cause him to run late, but he didn't want to get caught up in all the noise and excitement of City Day.

Taking no chances, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed in a number. ... Hello, Boss? It's me, Seth. I may be running a little late... Yes sir, I'm on my way right now. Seth hung up and stopped just long enough to put his phone away before hurrying along towards his destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Every EULA ever
    Do you like our products and/or services? Give us your immortal soul.

Martius.

While Martius was focusing on one of the MiBs, the other got up silently. He opened his mouth wider than he should have been able to, and from it started firing what seemed to be little staples. "FIRING BIODEGRADABLE ELECTROSTAPLES," it said.

The Architect.

The MiB started leading the Architect East, to Garlish Tower, just as the other did with Alistair Dante. When they reached their destination, it stood next to the other MiB, was still waiting outside, and said, "PLEASE ENTER THE BUILDING THE ARCHITECT AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN THE LOBBY."

Lee.

As Lee tried to find a better vantage point to view the fight from, he bumped into somebody. A MiB. But this one seemed different from the others. He was wearing a white suit instead of a black one, along with a pair of white sunglasses. He also spoke in a different voice than the others. It was calmer, and more natural. "I presume you to be Lee Chane. Am I correct in this presumption?"

Vivian.

The bat followed Vivian. "I-I-I-I don't think you understand, miss. Y-y-you are required to follow me. I-it's in your b-best interest." It perched itself on her shoulder. "W-we have... resources."

Aeon.

The old man and the mechanimal walked down the path towards the City, with the machine leading the way. After ten minutes, it spoke. "This unit understands that Aeon is very..." It stopped talking for a moment, while a mechanical whirring came from its head. About fifty-two seconds later, it continued, "...long lived. Is this unit's information correct or is this unit's information incorrect?"

Seth.

Seth was approached by a man in black. It said the familiar phrase. "SETH FRIEDMAN PLEASE COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS."

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

"As you wish." Architect entered the lobby of the Garlish Tower and examined it's surroundings. It was a nice, clean lobby, with several couches and a large central information desk. Architect walked over to one of the larger couches and sat down.

It noticed a young man with headphones standing near where it was sitting. He certainly didn't look like he belonged in the tower, but at this point, it was difficult for Architect to predict much of anything even with it's advanced sim system. The man had what seemed to be a glowing necklace, with a strange design on it. Possibly Celtic. It was putting out a high energy signal, and slight thermal signature. Architect made a note to investigate should it get the chance to.
    The real heroes.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Martius stood up from the crash site she had caused and dusted her arms off, retracting the plates to her back. She hardly registered the voice behind her, and the ping of an electrostaple bouncing off her "true" body. What did finally register was when one pierced her shoulder.
    "Hey!" she spun around to face her attacker and saw the other MiB, banged and dinged and slightly crushed, but apparently functioning and doing some sort of screamer mouth.

And another electrostaple shot out and pegged her in the stomach.
    "G- Stop that." A plate shot out to try and deflect the staples, but they were too fast and one caught her in the forehead.
    "I swear-" one hit her arm.
    "What are you even-" one in each leg.
    "That's it!"

And then electricity coursed through her body, traveling to each one of the staples buried in her skin. The pain was, well, quite a bit to handle, and as she slipped out of conscousness, JoAnn, joining her, managed to get out something to do with plot twists before it all went dark.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

The Garlish Tower. 'More like the garish tower', Dante thought as he stood, unimpressed, before the building. Even so, curiosity consumed him, and he decided to enter.
    Its lobby was pretty much what he expected. Bright lights, clean walls adorned with artwork. An information desk manned by an overworked receptionist.
    Not long afterwards, Thomas Bangalter (or someone wearing his helmet) walked in. And while it's hard to judge what exactly a man whose face is a visor is looking at, Dante was pretty sure he was watching him. He dismissed the thought; attention was barely ever paid to him. He didn't expect that to change.
    There were several couches in the room. Dante picked one not very far from where he stood, and sat down.

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be forum users pretending to be cowboys. Sansato's Avatar

Seth was less than thrilled with his options. It was clear to him that there was something fishy going on between the MiB's gratingly loud monotone and his(?) vague claims of official government business. However, it was also clear to Seth that there was no way he was going to be able to make it to his meeting any time soon, if he made it there at all. Ultimately, the only things he could do were fight, run or comply. Given that Seth knew nothing about what this individual was capable of doing, complying seemed like the most beneficial (or at least the least painful) option at the moment.

"My boss is gonna give me hell for missing our meeting...", Seth finally answered, "But alright. I'll go."

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Lee was immediately wary of the stranger. He appeared to be clad in the same suit as the men across the street, only this suit was a far lighter shade - probably pure white. If the guy was anything like his colleagues over there, he didn't want to tangle with him in a fight. Hopefully he wasn't here to attack him like his friends had attacked the other lady... although, now that he thought about it, it was entirely possible that the other woman had attacked first. Quite likely,really. Anyway, he saw no harm in answering the man's query... cautiously.

Doing his level best to appear cool and unflappable, Chane stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked up at the stranger from under the brim of his grey fedora. "Yeah, you pegged me right. Now how's about you introduce yourself?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Aeon gave a sharp laugh at the question of the cat.
    "You speak well, dear animatron. I am wizened with age, yes. I have been in this world and the next more times than I have digits on my body. Once I was a great warrior, but that was an age ago." Aeon was silent for a while. They had entered the city by now.

Presently, Aeon stopped for breath. The pace at which the two were traveling at was quicker than he was used to."It has been *huff* a long life *huff* though fruitful indeed. I do need to *huff* work out a bit *huff* in my old age. It would seem wise anyway." Aeon straightened up and motioned he was ready.

Infinite Energy Powering Nothing Yggdrasil's Avatar

Vivian stopped again, this time taking in the features of the bat. It was not, as she had suspected, an animal or a demonized creature. It was of metal and electricity. Strange was this world of machines.
    "Resources? I hardly need resources. All I need is to find the soul of which I seek. That is my purpose for being here; my only purpose." She grabbed the bat.
    "Tell whoever sent you that if they want me, they can see me in Hell." The bat-creature spontaneously turned into a ball of fire. Examining it one last time (the art of machines man had perfected was astonishing to her), Vivian chucked the bat in the opposite direction. Satisfied, Vivian continued down the path.

Vivian was too flustered to notice the cat and old man pair that she passed in haste.
    Fate in life ever changing
    Ever gaining; ever loosing
    Ever rising; ever falling
    A swirling tide upon the seas of time

Ever coming; ever going
    Ever smiling; ever frowning
    Such are the moments of life
    And ever onward the tide of time swirls
    Ad infinitum

Martius, Check, and Basil.

The MiB that Martius smashed was out of business, but the one that electrocuted her was not. He hoisted her over his shoulder, and then looked up at the duo still on the roof. He bent his legs, and then jumped up three stories to the top of the building. "IT IS COMMANDED THAT BASIL HEVEL AND LUCAS OSWALD ALIAS CHECK COME WITH ME IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS. YOU ARE TO GO TO THE GARLISH BUILDING AND WAIT IN THE LOBBY IMMEDIATELY." And with that, the MiB carried Martius all the way there, before placing her on a couch in the lobby.

Basil seemed rather nervous, sliding his hands in and out of his hoodie pockets. "I think I'm going to do what he says what about you, guy whose name I'm assuming is Lucas Oswald, alias Check?" He didn't wait for an answer. He jumped off the side of the building, using his limited control of the air to cushion his fall. After dusting himself off, he started running to the Garlish Building. "DON'T WORRY MARTIUS I'M COMING," he may or may not have shouted like some sort of 80's action hero.

AFTER a good five minutes of running, he was out of breath and panting, but was at the door to Garlish Tower. He passed about three MiBs on his way through the door, and inside he saw a French musical genius, the eight billionth Dante, and a passed out superhero on a couch. He decided it was best to not ask questions, and sat down next to Martius's limp body, because she was the only person who was even remotely familiar to him in the whole lobby.

Seth.

"YOUR COMPLIANCE IS APPRECIATED FOLLOW ME IMMEDIATELY." Then the MiB, YOU GUESSED IT, lead Seth to Garlish Tower. "PLEASE ENTER THE BUILDING THE ARCHITECT AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN THE LOBBY."

Lee.

The man chuckled. "Who I am isn't important. But you, you are important. So I am going to have to ask that you come with me."

Aeon.

The cat machine stopped, and swiveled its head towards Aeon. "This unit inquires if Aeon is alright, as this unit observes that Aeon seems to be unwell." It swiveled its head towards Garlish Tower, which was not far. "Unfortunately, this unit is unable to continue farther. This unit is instructed to instruct Aeon to continue to the Garlish Tower and wait in the lobby for further instruction." It ducked into an alleyway, before saying one last thing. "This unit wishes to express..." It stopped speaking again, and the whirring sounded for about thirty seconds before it continued talking. "...This unit wishes to express gratitude for Aeon's cooperation with this unit. Goodbye." It skulked into the alley, and out of sight.

Vivian.

As the bat was flying through the air (not of its own volition), it sent out a signal. Then it self-destructed.

About three and a third minutes later, Vivian would find herself flocked by three more bats. "Y-you misunderst-stood me, M-miss Vivian.", said one.
    Another said, "I-I was n-not talking about resources that would benefit you."
    "I-I-I believe that a d-d-d-denizen of Hell, such as yourself, would appreciate what i-i-is coming n-next."
    The three then said in unison, "Torture!"

Then the three of them started squirting copious amounts of water at Vivian, from their chest cavities. And if she tried to run, they'd simply follow. If she tried to retaliate, they'd dodge. Truly this is a diabolical scheme they have concocted.

"This torture will cease once you agree to go to Garlish Tower, which is the largest skyscraper in the city."

The Architect and Alistair Dante.

Just read the rest of the post for your recent occurrences, ya dolts.

Infinite Energy Powering Nothing Yggdrasil's Avatar

Vivian did not feel the water at first. As it seeped into the crevices of her cragged skin, a dark smoke arose from her body. She screamed in agony, though pain did not come. There was a flash of smoke accompanied by some green flames. When the smoke cleared, the demoness was gone.

A similar ball of smoke blanketed the doors to the Garlish Tower. Vivian walked in, the ball of smoke dissipating. The demoness scowled at all in the room, smoke coming off of her body. She despised water with every fiber in her body: the feel of it, the smell of it, even the taste of it. Small fires sprouted on her dark flesh as she thought about it.
    Fate in life ever changing
    Ever gaining; ever loosing
    Ever rising; ever falling
    A swirling tide upon the seas of time

Ever coming; ever going
    Ever smiling; ever frowning
    Such are the moments of life
    And ever onward the tide of time swirls
    Ad infinitum

Lee's ego was briefly inflated when the man called him "important". He couldn't be that bad of a guy, now could he? Nevertheless, he couldn't get over his distrust of a man who was so obviously working for a shadowy organization of some sort. But then again, shadowy organizations lead to shadowy figures. Shadowy figures lead to shadowy plans. And shadowy plans... lead to mysteries.

"Listen, pal. You may or may not know this, but I'm a detective, and detectives like to know things. I'll come with you for now, but I don't like being kept in the dark, so I expect you to fill me in on what this all about on the way there."

He cocked an eyebrow, trying to project an image of confidence that would disgiuse his rising excitement.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Seth did as he was told and entered the lobby of Garlish Tower. He couldn't quite fathom why he was here, though judging by the crowd that was beginning to gather there, he figured he'd find out soon enough. He sat down on one of the couches, weighing his options carefully. If anyone else had encountered the Men in Black or something even remotely similar, then he might need to step outside his comfort zone for once.

"So... Did any of you have a run in with a member of the Black Suit Brigade?". Seth was trying to hide his discomfort at trying to start a conversation, even if he wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. If he was lucky, they'd all think he was crazy and he could happily drop the subject.

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

"If you refer to the seemingly autonomous agents standing outside, yes. We encountered a particularly hardy member of the 'Black Suit Brigade'." Architect turned to face Seth. "But we have no data indicating why they wished to bring us here. Do you have any information?"

Several others had entered the lobby, none of them... Normal. One woman had seemingly appeared out of fire at the door, and was still smoldering. Architect would have to be careful not to offend anyone, in the event that the others had special abilities such as those.
    The real heroes.

"So... Did any of you have a run in with a member of the Black Suit Brigade?"
    The sudden influx of newcomers to the lobby was beginning to make Dante visibly uncomfortable. Even so, he kept cool (or as cool as someone like Dante could be, which was not very cool at all), and forced himself to answer Seth's question. 'I assume you are using the term 'Black Suit Brigade' to refer to the Men in Black who seem to be everywhere today, one of whom carried the unconscious superhero here. If so, I have encountered one of them, and I've seen at least three others'.
    He hoped that was clear. He could never really be sure. Most of the time, people didn't seem to understand him.

Aeon thanked the beast before it vanished behind the building. Aeon looked up. The tall building, apparently called the Garlish Tower, loomed over him. Aeon breathed again and continued on his way.

Three mechanical bats, not dissimilar to the large cat that had accompanied Aeon not too long ago, flew passed the aged man. He looked back in time to witness them spraying water at a dark-skinned woman. While this seemed like nothing to Aeon, the woman obviously had quite a bad reaction to it. Smoke streamed from her body. Aeon was about to intervene, but the woman vanished in a thick cloud. Aeon was instantly reminded of a witch melting in this moment. Chuckling, he continued on his way.

Aeon entered the lobby. He noted the dark-skinned woman in here too; he made the decision to stay away for the time being. He sat himself on a couch next to Seth. Hearing the man's question, he answered.
    "Black Suited people? How strange. I was accompanied here by a large, animatronic cat."

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Martius was up in three seconds. In the first her eyes flashed open, the second she took in her surroundings, and the third she leapt off the couch, throwing several jabs into the air before her entire body stiffened and she gave out a cry of pain.
    The staples, they were still in her skin.

She reached across her body and began pulling them out, the resulting wounds none too visible or of any problem really. They just hurt, especially when you pulled them out like Martius was doing.
    'Any ideas on the situation?'
    Well we've been kidnapped.
    'No-"GAH!" really?'
    But there's a lot more people here, most of them look like they're here voluntarily. I'd say we may have been taken for our own good.
    Martius yanked out the last staple. 'Our own good huh?'
    I mean, maybe they want to start a team. Like the X-Men or the Avengers.
    'Maybe.' Martius rubbed her shoulder a bit then sat down. 'When do we get to meet Samuel L. Jackson, then? Or Patrick Stewart?'
    Well, maybe you should ask them and not me.
    'Right. Sorry.'

"So, anyone know where we are? Or was I not the only one dragged here?"

Check sighed, and said to the suited man, "My name is Check. Don't call me by my...'other' name ever again." With that, Check jumped off of the building and on to the sidewalk in the most dramatic way possible, scaring a lot of people who were watching the parade. Check leisurely walked over to Garlish Tower, and when he arrived, he looked around. "Not happening," He said, and then walked out. But he was stopped by another man in a suit, and was forced back inside. He mumbled something underneath his breath, and then stood in the corner, leaning against the wall. Check remained silent.

Lee.

"You'll find out soon enough," said the man. "Just go wait in the lobby of Garlish Tower."

Everyone else.

Basil saw that Martius was finally awake. "Oh, great, you're alive. I hope. You aren't a zombie or anything?" He chuckled at his own godawful joke. "So, anyway, we're at Garlish Tower. I think most of us came here willingly, sans you of course." He started speaking to rest of the room. "Yeah, I was called her by the MiBs too. Crazy stuff, am I right?"

Seth glanced around as Aeon sat next to him. There was a woman nearby who seemed to be on fire. He made a note to stay away from her for the time being. He also noticed a guy leaning against the wall. More importantly, he noticed the old man sitting next to him and making mention of a robot cat. It seems that not everyone was brought here by the Men in Black and things could only get stranger from here on out.

Seth faced Architect and answered, "I'm afraid I don't have any real information on these Men in Black or their motives. At this point, I doubt that any of us do. Although, I suspect we'll find out why we're here soon enough.". Seth turned to Aeon. "What about your cat friend?", he asked. "Did it tell you anything?"

The walk to Garlish Tower was uneventful. Lee was acutely aware of the pickle stain on his left trouser leg and hoped it wasn't too noticeable. He didn't know who or what had requested his assistance, but first impressions were everything in this buisness.

Upon his arrival at the imposing structure, Lee surveyed the assembled crowd with interest. Some looked like fairly normal citizens. Others, like the man dressed like a superhero and the wizened old sage... not so much. And wait, was that Thomas Bangalter? This case was getting more interesting by the second.

Lee straightened his grey tie and seated himself in a chair across from the guy with the peculiar necklace. He gave a quick, good-natured smile to anyone who made eye contact, trying to get a read on what their personalities might be like.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Aeon tapped his staff on the ground. The group in front of him certainly was diverse. Six males, himself included, two females, and one android. He wondered what this could all mean. Blue sparks shot out from the bottom of his staff as he tapped it on the ground, leaving dark singe marks on the floor.

He was startled by the question of the man sitting next to him. Aeon turned a little to look at Seth.
    "I asked my animatronic cat guide about who requested my presence here in the Tower. I was disappointed to find that it could not tell me as it didn't have access to the necessary files. It was a strange creature and unfortunately I've been left with more questions than have been answered. I wonder what our purpose is here ..."
    Last edited by Pikanator; April 21st, 2013 at 11:06 PM.

Everyone.

Before he could continue, a woman entered the lobby. On her head she was wearing a purple cloche hat, which complimented her short blonde bob haircut. She was wearing a purple trench coat, and a pair of tight fitting purple pants, and purple heels. A cute woman, overall. She looked around at the people who'd gathered in the lobby. "G-Good evening, everyone," she said with a slight stutter. "I'm M-miss Lila. B-but I suppose that who I am isn't a-all that important, haha. But you p-pe-people... are important." She turned away from the group, and motioned to the two elevators on the wall opposite the entrance. "E-e-everybody in. Once you're at the top, the boss will explain why you're here."
    Last edited by Kiwi; April 26th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

When the woman walked in Martius gave her best scowl, though quickly afterwards returned to a neutral, if not slightly upset expression. And when the woman directed them to the elevators she would have ran if she weren't so preoccupied with being angry at this entire situation. So instead she just walked quickly towards the elevator and leaned up against the back wall, glaring at the floor. She was, in an ironic sense, given she was in an elevator set to go up, ready to get to the bottom of this.
    Does she realize there's only nine of us?
    Martius responded with the impressive feat of grumbling in her own head.

Thread Information