Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: City Redux

City Redux

City Redux

One more time, one last visit to the old girl, but this time, a different version of the old girl.

But first, just know this: I am aware there is a kind of stigma surrounding the Cityverse RPs. I ask you, the Lords and Ladies of the Arena, and you, the possible future RPers, to look past that stigma and look at this RP with an unbiased point of view. Please and thank you.

Spoiler: Backstory 

Spoiler: Everything you've ever needed to know about City Redux! (Plot, Player Cap, and More!) 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: How is this related to prior Cityverse RPs? 

Spoiler: Plot Application 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Characters 

Kept you waiting, huh?
    Last edited by Kiwi; April 9th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Re: City Redux

The City. A lovely place to live, always happy and peaceful. Nothing exciting ever happens there. Nothing at all.

June 20, 20XX, 8:23 PM
    Downtown

There was a commotion in the streets. Not the bad kind of commotion, mind you. It was a happy commotion. Specifically, a parade. A small one, sure, only about a hundred or so people, but it was still nice. It was for the City's 130th annual City Day celebration, which was for the anniversary of the City's founding.

While the people were marching down the street outside, holding balloons and noisemakers and more balloons, a young man sat inside a bar, watching a game of football on the TV.

The elderly bartender approached the man, and asked him, "Hey pal, why aren't you out there watching the parade?"

The man, after a quick sip from his drink, replied, "I don't really do parades. Too much noise, you know?"

The bartender chuckled, and said, "Heh, I understand. Yeah, I prefer the quiet, too." After a brief moment of silence, he continued, "So, I haven't seen you around before. You from out of town?"

"Nope. I've lived here my whole life, actually. I just haven't been downtown that much recently." He gulped down some more of his drink.

"I see... So, you got a name?"

"Basil," said the man, before finishing his drink.

The bartender took the empty mug, and started wiping it down, before pointing out the obvious strangeness of the name Basil. "That's an... odd name, son. What is it, French?"

"Haha. Not exactly. I think it's actually-" A sudden bout of loud cheering from outside obscured the rest of his sentence. "-nese. Anyway, thanks for the drink." He put the payment for his drink on the counter, pulled up his hoodie, and walked out. He weaved his way through the crowd that had gathered on the sidewalk, until ducking into an alley to escape them completely. "I hate parades," he mumbled.

As he mumbled to himself about his irrational hatred of parades, he was approached from behind by two men in suits. "COME WITH US IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS," one said. His voice was monotonous, and pretty loud.

Basil looked at the pair. "...Well okay, Agent K. I don't want any trouble. Let me just get my ESCAPE ROUTE!" He started climbing up a fire escape to get away. After he reached the roof, he looked back into the alley. The duo hadn't moved, or even turned their heads to look up at him. "...Government business my ass."

((Ok, so yeah. Sorry for the wait, but let's get this party STARTED.))

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

At the far end of the street, a robot sat on the corner watching the parade go by. It did not fully understand why all of the people were celebrating so much. After all, 130 years was hardly a large accomplishment, at least as far as it could tell. It still had a lot to learn, evidently. It got up and walked into a bar that was down the street a bit, brushing past a young man who was leaving, and looked quite frustrated. "Our apologies." Architect said, not wanting to offend the man.

As it entered the bar, Architect was yelled at by the bartender. "Hey! We don't serve your kind here."

"Our kind? We beg your pardon sir, but we fail to see logic in your prejudice against synthetic beings."

"Listen, it's nothing personal, but it's store policy. No pets, no weapons, and no robots. Now, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

"We will comply with your wishes. Thank you for your time."

"Yeah, yeah."

Architect walked out of the bar and back onto the sidewalk. It had pretty much been this way for it ever since it entered the City. Most people didn't seem to trust sentient machines, for some odd reason. Perhaps if it tried to act more human...

It's thoughts were interrupted by a loud "Clank!" as a fire escape slid open across the street. The crowd had died down just long enough for Architect to hear it. Looking up quickly, it saw the man that had brushed by it at the bar climbing to the roof. Odd. This certainly wasn't normal human behavior. According to Architect's observations, most chose to observe parades from street level. Architect decided that it probably shouldn't investigate, unless something even more curious happened.
    The real heroes.

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

The wind from the west picked up a bit. On the outer western edge of the city, grains of sand drifted passed a small hut. That day was a rather lazy day, though it marked the 130th City Day. While most people were out celebrating, an old man could be seen sweeping dirt and sand from his stone walkway. The sound of a wayward firecracker caught his ear and he looked up. His face revealed many years of joy and sorrow etched into the lines of his face.

Aeon was a wizened man, limping slightly as he moved further down his walkway. Once he may have been a mighty warrior, but such things always come to an end. Aeon was now just an old man and right now choosing to stay away from the festivities. He had better things to do right at the moment.

A petal drifted down from a nearby tree. Aeon looked up. The wind was carrying some of his cherry blossom tree's petals to a new home. Aeon sighed a hefty sigh; his cherry blossom tree had been a good friend for many years, but this year it seemed the petals were leaving the tree a little sooner than usual. A sign of things to come? Aeon didn't know just at that moment. His gaze refocused on his work. Not all was fine in this world.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Martius found herself perched on a roof, watching the parade go by stories below. The melodramatic positioning was JoAnn's idea.
    Watching the celebrations pass, Martius knew that this was only the calm before the storm. Came the familiar voice.
    'What are you talking about?' she thought back.
    A parade, are you kidding, parades are the best times to commit crimes. Not only strategically, everyone being busy watching, large crowds, etc, but dramatically as well.
    'I was just watching the parade, JoAnn. We could use a break for once, and this city doesn't seem to be the crime infested hive you pegged it to be.'
    Oh really, then what is,
    Martius turned to see a large man rushing up the fire escape and onto the roof she was on herself.
    THAT. Now, order him to identify himself!
    'I think we should at least see who's on which side first.'
    And with that thought, she ran towards the hoodied dude as he peered downward into an alleyway.
    "Hey," she called. "What's going on? What are you-"
    Peering over the side herself, she got a good look at the well-dressed individuals below.
    Last edited by TheMightyBox; April 17th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Streets away from the chaos, the noise, and the people, Dante blocked out the world as he sat in his favourite café. He took a sip of his tea without really looking at it; he was fixated on his computer screen. Long green rolls of notes stared back at him; perhaps even mockingly. Uninspired, he closed his laptop and stuffed it back inside its bag.
    He looked out the window instinctively as the noise appeared to attack him from every direction.
    Of course. It was the City Day parade. He had forgotten all about it.
    Even away from it, he could still hear the people's noisemakers. He grabbed his tea and put his headphones back on, connecting them to his iPhone instead, and walked out.
    He walked through the streets, following the parade from afar. The parade was slow, and Dante quickly lost interest. Instead, he focused his attention on the rather unusual sights, such as the Men in Black™ in a nearby alley, or Thomas Bangalter exiting a local bar. This city sure was whimsical.

Basil stopped looking down at the two immobile men in the alley, and turned to whoever was talking to him. "Huh? Where'd you come from, you..." He stopped, and got a better look at her. "...Lovely lady. As for what I was doing, I was just trying to get away from those two goons in the alley. They're trying to kidnap me or something, I don't know." He checked on the duo again. Still no movement. "So anyway, I went up the fire escape, and they haven't moved sinc. Which is... pretty weird, honestly. Oh well." He turned back to her, and held out his hand. "I'm Basil, by the way. Basil Hevel. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?" He waited for her to respond with her name.

Meanwhile, in the streets...

Another man in another suit scanned the crowd. He was looking for somebody. He kept turning his head, left, right, in a rhythm, until he spotted his target. "ARCHITECT FOUND ENGAGING IMMEDIATELY," he said to nobody in particular. He weaved his way through the crowd, completely undeterred by the groves of people in between him and the Thomas Bangalter lookalike. Soon enough, he was coming up behind the robot. He put his hand on the android's shoulder. "COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS.

Meanwhile, in a different part of the streets...

Yet another man, wearing, surprise surprise, another black suit and black tie, approached Alistair Dante. "ALISTAIR DANTE PLEASE COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS."

Meanwhile, in the forest...

A dark, quadrupedal being skulked through the higher branches of the trees around Aeon's house/cabin. It turned what could only be it's head downwards, leering through the leaves and branches, directly at Aeon. It quietly hissed to itself, "Found you..." It whipped it's tail from side to side a bit, before leaping down, in front of Aeon. Now in the light, it's appearance could be seen clearly. It appeared to be some sort of robot, resembling both a hyena and a leopard. It's plating was dark grey, with a single red stripe down its back. It has a trio of glowing yellow orbs in the center of its forehead, which could only be it's eyes. It's forelegs were dotted with spikes, evenly spaced down the sides, and its lower jaw was more pointed and pronounced than the rest of its head. "Hello, Aeon. You don't know me, but this unit knows you."
    Last edited by Kiwi; April 19th, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Well, it had certainly gotten stranger. A woman had appeared on the rooftop with the man, and the pair seemed to be discussing something in the alleyway below. The crowd was too thick for Architect to see what was so interesting down there. Perhaps if it moved to a higher...

COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS

Architect's alert system kicked into high gear. It wasn't sure of the man's intentions, but hostile contact like that could not mean it was very pleasant, and almost certainly not government business. "We request that you release our shoulder from your grip and back away. After this, we may discuss this business with you in a more civil manner."

Receiving no response from the enigmatic agent other than a tightening of his grip and repetition of his previous sentence, Architect decided that it had better act- and fast.

Grabbing the agent's arm from behind, Architect flipped the man over itself, his back colliding with the sidewalk. Pedestrians walking on the sidewalk screamed and jumped away. Architect took one last look at the man before running down the west end of the street, shoving aside the crowd and trying to find a place to conceal itself, at least until it was sure of it's safety.
    The real heroes.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Strike a pose.
    'No.'
    Come on, do it.
    'No, why would I-'
    First impressions are important.
    'But- I-'
    Martius sighed inwardly, and puffed out her chest outwardly, placing her fists on her hips, and giving her best smile.
    "Martius, crime fighter." she said.
    'You mind giving me a plan of attack instead of How to Impress the Beginners Course?'
    Use your elevation to take out the first one, use plates after he's incapacitated for element of surprise.
    'Right.'
    Martius climbed onto the railings of the fire escape and began climbing down in a manner befitting a talented treasure hunter who's connection to famous English explorers had been cast into doubt recently.
    Once she was a story off the ground, she propelled herself from the fire escape and into the alley, aiming a kick right at one of the men's head. He was sent reeling as a large black wall emerged from the bottom of the back of her shirt and slammed the second into a brick wall, pressing him in for good measure before releasing him to fall.
    Last edited by TheMightyBox; April 18th, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

"Maybe I shoulda left this place," thought Check as he contemplated slicing open a balloon float. Instead, Check started to walk away. He was going to try to get as far away from the parade as possible, but was distracted by seeing two men being beaten up. He stood there for a second, watching, and then pulled out his swords. He wondered which side to help out as his swords flashed black and white. Then, having second thoughts, he put away the weapon and snuck up the fire escape. He then walked over to the man on top of the building and asked, "Hey, what do you think the consequences of popping all those floats would be?", he asked, completely serious.

'I feel better when I, I feel better when I, I feel better when I have you near me!'
    Dante sang along loudly with his iPhone as he walked the streets when a Man in Black™ interrupted his pleasant listening experience.
    'ALISTAIR DANTE PLEASE COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS'
    He lowered his headphones, leaving them hanging around his neck, and examined the man. His black suit and matching tie seemed appropriate for 'official government business'.
    'I-I have a permanent residence card!'. As he spoke, said card flew out of his bag and into his hand. 'Also, it totally didn't just fly out of my bag. I totally retrieved it. Totally'.
    Last edited by Jeff Andonuts; April 18th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Aeon glanced up from his sweeping. The thing now in front of him was obviously a robotic feat of wonder, a thing that quite possibly, given time and tools, he might have strived to create in his youth. What he was concerned more about than the actual big cat-like animatron was the fact that thing was covered from ear to tail in petals from his cherry blossom tree. He was slightly perturbed by this.
    "Well hello my robotic friend. Have you come to me seeking wisdom? Or perhaps you come from tea, though I'm not sure how well tea could affect a piece of work like you. Such wonderful architecture ..." Aeon gazed at the robotic cat a moment longer before returning to his sweeping.
    "Speak up dear animatron, the daylight is wasting." Aeon continued sweeping passed the robot.

Infinite Energy Powering Nothing Yggdrasil's Avatar

A flash of light illuminated the alley behind a local eatery. The smell of charcoal filled the air in the seconds following. A girl, no older than nineteen, stepped onto the sidewalk, smoking slightly. Her name was Vivian, a demoness straight from Hell.

Vivian brushed some soot from her jacket. He eyes wandered around carelessly as she did so. Snorting slightly, Vivian passed the eatery on her way to the city's center. The amount of noise coming from that direction had to be at least slightly bad for the environment. But what did she know about noise pollution; Vivian had only just come from a land filled with the screams of the eternally damned. Then again, maybe screams of joy created less of a fog than screams of agony. Vivian smirked at the memory.

Basil was both confused and very impressed with the actions of Martius. After all, it's not often you see somebody do what she just did. He was about to call words of praise down to her, when he was interrupted by somebody else on the roof. He turned to the strange man. He was certainly strange. And a man. With swords, even. And the the strange man with strange swords asked a strange question, to which Basil gave a not-at-all-strange answer. "Uh... how would I know?" He turned his attention back to the fight below, and shouted the aforementioned words of praise. "You go Martius! Keep doing whatever it is you're doing!"

The other Man in Black in the alley was unfazed by the recent turn of events. He just stood there, observing. Suddenly, though, he started to walked towards Martius, and proceeded to deliver a heavy handed punch to her cranial region while she was distracted with his identical partner. "RESISTANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED FROM JOANN PLOUTEN SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY."

Meanwhile, back at the Dante...

The mysterious MiB stared at Dante with cold, soulless eyes, before turning his gaze towards the card in the boy's hand. He picked it from him, and held it in front of his face. After a moment or two of analyzing the card, he tore the card in half. "ALISTAIR DANTE IT IS COMMANDED THAT YOU COME WITH ME IMMEDIATELY IT IS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS."

Meanwhile, at Aeon's place...

The robotic creature purred a mechanical purr, like the kind that comes from a computer as it boots up. "Although this unit appreciates the compliments, this unit does not have time for formalities. This unit commands that you return with this unit to this unit's base, lest a terrible accident befall you." It started slowly circling around Aeon, never taking its eyes (?) off of him.

Meanwhile, at the Thomas Bangalter...

A metallic CLANK! was heard as the MiB hit the sidewalk. He lie there for a moment, as if assessing the situation, before slowly rising to his feet once more. As he stood, his back faced the Architect. And slowly, his head turned at an impossible angle to face the robot as well. "RESISTANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED FROM THE ARCHITECT SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY."

Meanwhile, in the alley behind a local eatery...

A small bat landed on the rooftop of one of the buildings the alley was between. Except it wasn't an ordinary bat, oh no. For one, it was out in the day time. Most peculiar. For the second thing, it was pitch black, and appeared to have a segmented torso, metal wings, and a trio of glowing yellow eyes.

The peculiar bat took flight, and followed Vivian from high above her, before swooping down. It landed on a trash can in front of her. The mechanical creature turned its head to the demoness, and chittered, "V-v-vivian, is it?"

Aeon didn't look up at the creature.
    "If you let me finish my sweeping here, as well as grab something from my house, I will come along with you. I can tell you're a reasonable animatron, so my request shouldn't be too hard on your system. I invite you to come into my humble abode while you wait; sand like this is a nasty thing to humans and robots alike.. Aeon continued to sweep.

He paused after a short while, looking up at the mechanical cat.
    "Certainly whomever wants me is in dire need of me. I rarely leave me small house; most who need my assistance come to me rather then sending a messenger to move me from my sanction. May I ask as to whom desires me presence so badly?"
    Last edited by Pikanator; April 19th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Dante's eyes widened as the MiB tore his permanent residence card, also known as a green card, away.
    'H-hey!!'. The man stood perfectly still, his eyes soulless and unblinking, and for a moment, Dante thought he must be a robot. Its cold stare, its unmodulating, virtually serif voice.
    But then again, he was a government automaton. He should be expected to play the part.
    After spending a moment sizing up the situation, Dante decided to follow the man; he had already torn up his green card, he didn't want to lose anything else (such as his computer, his phone, or his limbs). He communicated so to the man: 'I guess I'll go with you to this official government stuff'.

The mechanical beast paused.

"This unit will need to check to see if this unit is... authorized to reveal whom this unit is employed by. One moment." Its eyes blinked dark, and stayed that way for approximately thirty seconds, before blinking back to their normal, abnormal yellow glow. "Unfortunately for Aeon, this unit is not cleared to give you the information you are seeking. This unit apologizes for any inconvenience this unit's lack of authorization causes." It continued circling around Aeon as it talked. "This unit is also to inform you to gather any belongings you wish to bring post-haste, as you and this unit are to leave in tthe next five minutes, lest this unit fail its mission an d be excommunicated."

Meanwhile at the Dante...

The MiB cracked what could, from a certain angle, be described as a smile. Or a satanic ritual. Either works. "WE ARE THANKFUL FOR ALISTAIR DANTE SHIRLEY'S COOPERATION NOW FOLLOW ME TO OUR DESTINATION." The man (?) swiftly turned around and started walking East.
    Last edited by Kiwi; April 19th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Architect turned around to see the seemingly synthetic man as his head turned 180 degrees toward it.

"That is not a good sign." Architect turned and continued to run West. Pushing past the parade participants, it had traveled a far distance before turning into an alleyway. With walls on three sides, a dangerous government robot approaching from the other, and no fire escape to climb up (a clear violation of code), Atchitect had nowhere else to go. Running through several hundred simulations, it came to the conclusion that unless the agent spontaneously combusted or fell apart, it's chances of fighting him off were about 0.19%. Even Architect had a sense of self-preservation, and those odds weren't worth the risk.

"We will submit. Lead us where you will."
    The real heroes.

"Oho! I see, I see. Let me get on with it then." Aeon picked up his broom and hobbled to his house. Once inside, he took a deep breath and sighed.
    "Robots. How typical."

From inside his house, Aeon grabbed only three things. He grabbed his trusty gnarled staff first from its place next to the door. Aided by his walking companion, Aeon carefully retrieved a small crystal shard from a hidden box within the wall of the kitchen. The shard was a dull black when set into the staff of Aeon. 'Twas the nature of the thing. Lastly, Aeon swiped a small, leather pouch from a hook near the door. The pouch was heavy, but after inspection it seemed as if it carried nothing. This was Aeon's favorite party trick: the magician's bag.

The door slammed shut, threatening the structural integrity of the whole building. Aeon looked down the road; the robo-cat was waiting for him still. Aeon took another deep breath before starting off toward the beast.
    He spoke as he approached. "I appologize if that was six minutes. I am but an old man whose bones creak and crack when they should move. Well, let's get on with it then; lead the way."

The terrifying sight of the Man in Black's mouth curving into a deeply disturbing robotic attempt at a smile sent shivers down Dante's spine. Taking a deep breath, he managed not to freak out too visibly.
    The man's still curved mouth then opened to let out another sentence in a flat, mechanical tone.
    'WE ARE THANKFUL FOR ALISTAIR DANTE SHIRLEY'S COOPERATION NOW FOLLOW ME TO OUR DESTINATION'.
    The man then turned around, and started walking. Dante followed him, genuinely curious about where the man would lead him.

The Architect.

The MiB ceased moving, and gave the same unsmile as the other. "WE ARE THANKFUL FOR THE ARCHITECT'S COOPERATION NOW FOLLOW ME TO OUR DESTINATION." He turned around, and started to march East, like the other.

Aeon.

"Yes, let's," uttered the machine, as it led Aeon down the road, towards the city. "At Aeon and this unit's current speed, we should arrive at our destination in less than an hour. This is the preferable outcome." It swiveled its head around 180 degrees to face behind him, to look at Aeon. Even while its head was backwards, it kept walking. "This unit hopes you will be pleased with our destination. If Aeon is not pleased upon meeting this unit's employer, this unit will be excommunicated. That would not be the preferable outcome." It swiveled its head back around.

Excommunicated. It keeps using that word, but does it mean what it thinks it means?

Whatever Alistair Dante Shirley goes by.

The man marched straight towards his destination, even through roads. Somehow, whenever he and Dante were crossing a busy intersection, the light would flash red on all sides. And when crossing the road in places without lights, the cars would all mysteriously stop running until they had passed. Odd.

The man (?) was leading Dante to the East End of the City. More specifically, towards the tallest building in the City, Garlish Tower.

It was an intimidating building, towering over everything around it by a hundred floors. It has a spire at the top, and the sides were all adorned with large screens, evenly spaced apart, each of which displayed the logo for Garlish Corp., the corporation who owned the building and most of the East End of the City.

Within the hour, they had reached their destination. The man walked up to the door. "PLEASE ENTER THE BUILDING ALISTAIR DANTE SHIRLEY AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN THE LOBBY," he said.

Our secret identity's been compromised! yelled JoAnn.
    Martius was too busy getting decked to respond. She stumbled backwards, letting her plate fall and contract back into her back. She rubbed her head a bit before charging at the man.
    'Are you sure you they don't just know you from before.'
    I don't recall ever having a run in with the MiB, no. In fact, with that thought, maybe they're after you.
    '... Huh.'

She delivered a gut punch, and when her fist painfully rebounded off of metal, she realized it was probably a robot. The robot tried to deliver more punches to our heroine, but shiny black plates sprouted from her shoulder to block the attacks.
    'But wait, if they're after me, why wouldn't they call me out by name, or at least mention a parasite?'
    They could just be looking to arrest me without revealing how much they know.
    'Actually, come to think of it, weren't they chasing hoodie king on the roof?'
    Oh, that's right. But if they already know my name, he could know about us and switch targets either way, we should probably finish him.
    'Right.'

While both the robots fists were occupied, Martius used her own and placed them squarely on the robot's chest. And with assistance from the plates on his hands, she shoved him backwards against a wall. Moving as quick as she could, she climbed up two stories of the fire escape then leaped off.
    Twisting in the air, plates sprung from her back to form a large shield and she landed on the recovering robot, in an attempt to crush.

"Lead the way. We shall follow." Architect followed the man East, keeping alert for any ambush. Surprisingly, none came. Obviously they wanted Architect undamaged... But for what purpose?

Genuinely curious about the agent's intentions, Architect decided to stay with him unless things got hairy again.
    The real heroes.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

"You gonna order somethin', pal?"

Lee shifted one eye upwards. The dumpy deli owner looked pretty ticked. Chane supposed he had a right to be; he'd been sitting at the bar staring at the menu in front of him for at least an hour. Looking for a hidden mafia code took a little time, but apparently some people didn't appreciate that.

The weary investigator gave a peculiar sigh. "Fine, fine... give me a ham sandwich with pickles."

The deli owner gritted his teeth. "You mean the first thing on the menu?"

Lee gave what he hoped was a self-deprecating chuckle. "I've always been a litle picky."

The owner glared daggers at Lee as he slopppily crafted the "sandwich". It was about as far from a sandwich as you would get while still maintaining the basic integrity of the word. The ham hung out on one side, the pickles were sparse and looked like they had had a sudden heart attack on their way to the plate, and the bread was thin and soggy. As the scowling "cook" dropped the disgusting work of art in front of Lee, the colorblind patron could only marvel at its subversive beauty. The ham and pickles fell out en route to his mouth, staining his grey slacks.

As he exited the deli, he noticed a commotion across the crowded street. A couple of men wearing buisness suits, seemingly harassing a young woman who - well - ooohhh. Ouch. Apparently the woman didn't need any assistance. He noted with further interest the two men standing atop the building. The situation smelled like a mystery.

Lee quietly slipped through the crowd of people, searching from a better point from which to view the scuffle.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Infinite Energy Powering Nothing Yggdrasil's Avatar

Vivian stopped for a moment to look at this bat. It was a dark colored creature not unlike the creatures that scampered about Hell, her home. Vivian knew not of the technology in this creature; she just assumed it was possessed by a strange demon.
    "Yes, I am Vivian. I have no time you you though, simple bat; I am trying to find an individual. That is my sole reason for being here today, so unless you aim to help, please fly away."
    Vivian continued passed the bat into the heart of town. She was slightly amused at this creature, but truly she had no time for these trifles.

Thread Information