Thread: Auz's Art Thread

Auz's Art Thread

AUZ'S ART THREAD [VER 1.5]

Welcome to my art thread!

EDIT:
    As of 3/5/2015, this thread has been declared "closed".
    I will probably not post updates for any of my projects here,
    but I might tweet about things I finish. (such as games, music, art, ect.)

MY TWITTER: https://twitter.com/auzfox
    END EDIT

I would describe my art style as simplistic and cartoon-y.
    Usually, I draw my characters in a chibi-like style because I have trouble drawing humanoid figures.

I have created characters based on people I know IRL.
    I mostly draw them in one-panel comics that vary in seriousness.
    Reading the Character Info is not required, but it will give you more understanding of their personalities.

Spoiler: Art 
    Spoiler: Games and Programming Projects 
    Spoiler: "Music" 

(The body of this post was erased for some reason. I'm in the process of fixing it.)
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); July 21st, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

Re: Auz's Art Thread

Oh, hey! Another pointless doodle!

(I doodle a lot. )

Next time I update this thread, I'll post a comic or some other drawing that isn't a random doodle.
    You can only doodle so much, you know?

Doodle is a funny sounding word.

(Updated with the contents from my -now deleted- Games user note.

Let's be honest here. Who actually payed attention to the dates on my signature? That's right, nobody.
    (That's probably because I don't update very often, but whatever.)
    Since I moved my game stuff here, you will be able to see this thread in the 'What's New?' list whenever I update something.)

Wow, I really like your doodles... simple, but bursting with personality. I especially like the expressions on Giddeon and Richy, but all of your characters have plenty of that quality of charming simplicity. That said, I have a bit of an affinity for Pichus, so I really like Brooks...

Both of those little comic doodles look very cute-- you did a good job creating the environments of each one, what with the locked door and HUD in the Zelda picture and the leaves blowing by at the bus stop. I'd love to see more pictures along these lines, if you enjoy making them.

I'm sorry to hear about the fate of your animations and your first two games... I know how much effort can go into those kinds of things. Hopefully, though, if you liked the ideas, they still hold some inspiration for future projects.

I wasn't able to get the game calculator to work-- my computer might not have the appropriate capabilities, or I might just be doing it wrong. Is there anything I would have to have installed on Windows to take a look at it?

Anyway, thanks for sharing what you've got, and I'm sorry I didn't get to it earlier. Keep on doodling!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

I have to say, I really love your doodles and your characters, especially Giddeon. I'm really impressed by Banjo as well- I can never draw wolves or suits xD. Your style is so cute and simple, and as Farbeitfromme said, they have a lot of personality and the facial expressions are great. The details like the leaves blowing work well too. I'd love to see more of these doodles, and possibly coloured ones too?

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

(Sorry for not responding right away. I wasn't ignoring you guys, I promise!)
    (Forgive me, my responses are quite short, and I'm not too sure what to say. :/
    I'm socially awkward.)

Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Wow, I really like your doodles... simple, but bursting with personality. I especially like the expressions on Giddeon and Richy, but all of your characters have plenty of that quality of charming simplicity. That said, I have a bit of an affinity for Pichus, so I really like Brooks...

Both of those little comic doodles look very cute-- you did a good job creating the environments of each one, what with the locked door and HUD in the Zelda picture and the leaves blowing by at the bus stop. I'd love to see more pictures along these lines, if you enjoy making them.
    Thank you! I'd love to make more doodles if you guys like them so much.
    I love to use this art style because of all the personality I can put into my characters, and all the different ways I can draw them.
    I also like to draw somewhat detailed backgrounds that aren't too complex, but still are interesting.

I'm sorry to hear about the fate of your animations and your first two games... I know how much effort can go into those kinds of things. Hopefully, though, if you liked the ideas, they still hold some inspiration for future projects.
    It's all good, though losing them was disappointing, they give me more motivation to work on/finish Voxel.

I wasn't able to get the game calculator to work-- my computer might not have the appropriate capabilities, or I might just be doing it wrong. Is there anything I would have to have installed on Windows to take a look at it?
    Oh! Sorry. I forgot to put the Python download links back in there! I'll add it in real quick...
    You aren't doing anything wrong, just download and install Python and you should be able to run the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I have to say, I really love your doodles and your characters, especially Giddeon. I'm really impressed by Banjo as well- I can never draw wolves or suits xD. Your style is so cute and simple, and as Farbeitfromme said, they have a lot of personality and the facial expressions are great. The details like the leaves blowing work well too. I'd love to see more of these doodles, and possibly coloured ones too?
    Thanks, pal!
    I might be able to draw some colored pictures, I just don't have any colored pencils.
    I could use my computer though. But that might take a while.

I have some update news for Voxel!

(See Games spoilerbox under Voxel - Update 1.)

EDIT: Aaaand here's a derpy little 8-bit song I made! I call it: "I Dunno"
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); July 4th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.

(Sorry (again) if I said anything stupid up there. ^ I feel like my responses to you guys were rude. )

Hey, guess what time it is!

You guessed it! Its...
    COMIC TIME!!

Spoiler: The image is kinda big! 
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); August 2nd, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Hey, great job on the comic! You were able to convey a good deal of intensity before the ironic twist, and the characters look great in color. It's good you had fun with making it, too, because that's pretty important.

Yep, digital shading is quite the can of worms to open, but it looks like you have a good start, and given your character's simple style, it shouldn't become too complicated. That's no reason not to practice, but it could be rather convenient. As I'm sure you realize, it's best to always keep a light source in mind, and make the shaded areas consistent with it.

Anyhow, nice work, and keep it up!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

*Blows dust off of thread*

I've been meaning to update this thing for a while now, and I finally got around to it today!
    Sadly, I have almost nothing to add to it.

Recently, I've switched computers (again), and now, Unity's coding program won't run! Without being able to write code, I basically can't work on Voxel.
    I'm trying to fix the problem, but it might take me a while. :/

Also, my printer had been broken for a long time. As a result, I was unable to scan in drawings. The printer was fixed yesterday, so I will probably post an image or two soon.

For now, all I've got to post is: 2 links to songs I made, and a response to the post above this one.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I also reformatted the OP and my Character Info box to be more understandable/clear/precise etc.

NEW "SONG" - Broken Lullaby
    I made this song using Logic Pro in a music composition class I took last semester. I don't really have much to say about this song, other that it was named Broken Lullaby because it has a calming tone to it.

NEW "SONG" - Your Brother (REMIX-ISH THING)
    I also used Logic Pro to make this. It is not the best song you'll ever hear, and I don't consider it my best work, (Broken Lullaby probably takes that title) but I enjoyed making it.
    This song is a remix-ish thing of a song called Your Brother by Furries In A Blender.

Hey, great job on the comic! You were able to convey a good deal of intensity before the ironic twist, and the characters look great in color. It's good you had fun with making it, too, because that's pretty important.

Yep, digital shading is quite the can of worms to open, but it looks like you have a good start, and given your character's simple style, it shouldn't become too complicated. That's no reason not to practice, but it could be rather convenient. As I'm sure you realize, it's best to always keep a light source in mind, and make the shaded areas consistent with it.

Anyhow, nice work, and keep it up!
    RREEAALLYY LATE AND SHORT RESPONSE:

Thank you, Farbeit (If I may call you that)! I appreciate the kind words.
    I'll try to improve my shading as I draw more with computers, and certainly will remember to visualize my light sources while shading.
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); November 28th, 2014 at 12:53 PM.

Yay! More updates!
    This one is rather small, though.

Life's been hecka hectic lately so I don't have much time to sit down and color drawings, but I decided that I should try to learn GIMP's import pipeline now that I'm stuck with it as the only good mac-compatable art program I can find.
    Here's what I made today:

This is an Alternative Version of Auz. You see, me and a good friend are thinking about starting a webcomic using our own characters, and I figured that I should redesign Auz to more fit in with the comic's universe.
    (The comic will be a furry comic.) I'll make another post about the comic if it ever gets off the ground.
    The outlines are a little gritty and uneven because I literally just darkened and touched up the original pencil lines, and then colored the image.
    I did that because I could not find a Line Tool.
    ...GIMP is so weird!

Anyways, that all I got and my mind's a bit scrambled right now. Goodbye!

EDIT:

In other news: I have another "song" that I want to post here. I made it about the same time as Broken Lullaby, using the same program.

NEW "SONG" - Speedcore Sketch
    This "song" was a half-serious attempt to try and make speedcore, it's mostly just a simple beat with some synths thrown in.
    I would say that it turned out pretty OK.

UPDATE:

Updated with 100% more pants! :D
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); April 30th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.

MOAR Small-ish Updates, yay!

Here's a full-anthro rendering of Auz. Sorry about the words and stuff in the background, I drew this on the back of a school assignment and had to snap a picture of it on my phone before I turned it in. :P
    This isn't the original image, though, I edited some of the face and applied a couple color filters. (The original drawing was on goldenrod paper!)
    I like how it turned out.
    But I still have trouble drawing anthros/people from the front...

I've also got two new "songs" I made with a new music program, Renoise Tracker.
    I quite enjoy the tracker interface, so I think I'll use Renoise from now on.

[Renoise Tracker] - "SONG" - TRʧ HLL
    My first serious attempt at Speedcore! Nothin' too special or amazing, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

[Renoise Tracker] - "SONG" - Free Hearts [Contains derpy audio clips! :D]
    I'm not sure what genre this would be categorized as, but it was fun to make.
    It was fun to mess around with audio samples and beat slicing, and I think my "music"-making skills are sorta improving!
    (I'm sorry about the cheesy audio clips. )
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); June 18th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Hey, I got a very big update for Voxel!

I might be able to pull an actual release soon, but I'll have to block access to a bunch of the features mentioned in this update.
    Plus, I need to add, fix, and change some things as well.

Spoiler: [VOXEL] UPDATE NEW #0 - JUL 10, 2014 [VER: DEV] 
    Spoiler: [VOXEL] KNOWN ISSUES (AS OF UPDATE NEW #0) 
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); August 15th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.

I made some more noise. :P

These two "songs" are both speedcore.
    I think speedcore might be my thing.
    [I'm not saying these songs are amazing, but they are somewhat decent.]

Sorry you can't just click and listen to them, Dropbox insists that you actually download the files.

NEW "SONG" - Deku Palace [REMIX]
    Simply stated, this is a mediocre speedcore remix of the Deku Palace theme from Majora's Mask.

NEW "SONG" - Eight Melodies [REMIX]
    This one is my favorite of the two; I think it flows better, and has a more tasty speedcore flare, despite it being kinda short.
    ...And I just love the melody. It's really catchy!
    It was really fun to mess around with distortion in this "song", the instrument used for the second half of the "song" was just the piano with a layer of distortion.

I'm sorry that Voxel still hasn't been released, [please don't all complain at once. [does anyone even read this thread ever?]] right now, the game is kinda unplayable because of some ideas I'm implementing.
    The gameplay still needs some more polish and mechanics to be playable/fun. Plus, I'm working on the story of the game, and things are still kinda unstructured right now.
    On top of that, development has become slow[er] because of school and the job I got recently. I won't give up on it though!

SIDENOTE:

I am aware that the first post needs to be cleaned up a bit and the tags are a bit confusing. [EVERYBODY PANIC!! ]
    I wiill fix them... sometime.
    I'm just too busy and unmotivated to do so at the moment.
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); November 28th, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

I got nothing to post at the moment, but I guess this is important enough to mention here..?

There is apparently a game called "Continue?9876543210" that was released a while ago.
    Continue?9876543210 has basically the same story I want to implement into Voxel,
    so I'm not sure if I would have have to scrap my whole idea or not..

EDIT: Yeah, I know Voxel doesn't really matter much, but I still don't want to copy another game's
    story. That's just lame.

If I do, I have no clue what I would do for the story...
    And I would have to majorly redesign the game. :\
    Or I guess I could just take all the story stuff out and reduce the game to just the crafting gameplay.
    But even then it still needs (a lot of) work.
    Last edited by Banjo(Auz); December 17th, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

So, I think I'm going to officially declare this thread "closed" for the time being.
    The forums are really slow nowadays, and nobody really posts here so I don't feel very motivated to post updates and stuff.
    [I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the facts. Please don't take this as a "nobody likes me, give me attention" post.]
    I guess I'll put a link to my [also not very active, but mostly just because I don't tweet very much] Twitter account on the main post.
    If I complete anything, such as Voxel or whatever, I will probably tweet about it.

Thread Information