Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super High School Level Discussion - A Dangan Ronpa Thread!

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Re: Super High School Level Discussion - A Dangan Ronpa Thread!

I'm pretty sure that both translations were done around the same time. That would explain why one VA accidentally tweeted his role in DR2, thinking his game had just come out.

These releases are based off of the Danganronpa 1+2 release Japan had for Vita, after all.

My guess is that the localization for the sequel is either already done or close to it. They're just releasing it separately later in the year so that they can make some more money off of it. Since this is the first time the games have been officially released in the West, they want to actually get sales for each game instead of just doing a compilation release.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Ah, I see, that would make sense then. I guess I still would have expected a larger gap between releases in regards to marketing, but maybe that's more useful when there are already multiple games out from the same series. Or maybe I'm just the type of person who's used to waiting a long time for sequels.
    Spoiler: Geno's Codes and Things

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superninfreak View Post
    Is this socializing the same dialogue trees as in the main game? Like, is it new content, or is it a way to finish "S-Links" for characters you might not have finished during the main game?
    Well, if its anything similar to Super Danganronpa 2's Island Mode, it will have new content. But since I haven't heard if its the same with School Mode, I cannot confirm this for you.

School mode allows you to finish the Free-Time events with people from the main game, but it also has new content.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Ah, I see! So it is indeed like SDR2's Island Mode! I wonder if they kept the Kokoronpa segments as well. Those were fun.

Kokoronpa?

How it works is that it takes place in an alternate universe where Monokuma forces the students to build spare Monokumas instead of killing each other. He says that he needs you to make backups of him in case you guys decide to attack him.
    He mentions how you guys attacked him in the prologue and took him apart in Chapter 5, but no one knows what he's talking about.

He gives you 50 days to finish several different spare Monokuma projects. You need to assign the students to various jobs during the day. Students can either search a part of the school for materials or they can clean the school (if the school gets too dirty Monokuma forces everyone to spend a whole day cleaning). You also have to make sure people aren't overworked, or they'll quit working for a few days.

Characters also level up by preforming certain tasks. They have a level for their gathering skill and their cleaning skill.

Every day also has one or two free time segments. In these segments you can hang out with fellow students in two ways. The first way is the generic "spend time with ____", which works the same as the main game's socializing (even having all the same dialogue). This way of spending time with people is basically just so you can finish relationships you left undone in the main game.

The second way you can hang out with people is by using a "Trip Ticket" (Trip tickets are earned by completing projects for Monokuma). A trip ticket lets you pick an area of the school to hang out with the person, and there will be a little dialogue choice that influences how much fun they have. However, this relationship is separate from the main game's relationships. Everyone is at 0 when you start out in this relationship stat, regardless of how much time you spent with them in the main game.

I haven't been able to get a good ending in school mode yet, but from what I understand you get special endings for characters who you maxed out during a school mode run, assuming you can complete all the Monokuma projects.

After you finish a 50 day cycle, the game resets and starts a New Game+. In NG+ you get to keep levels, but you lose everything else (including the Trip Ticket relationships unfortunately).

So, its pretty much Island Mode re-skinned and re-tailored to the DR1 cast and setting.

Also, Kokoronpa was a segment in SDR2's Island Mode which happened during a "date" (the equivalent of "trips" in DR1's School Mode). During this segment, Hinata (the protag of SDR2) reads the mind of his companion and he can shoot an evidence bullet at that thought to raise the relationship level and get more exposition from the character.

I don't know if anyone has posted about this elsewhere on the forum but regardless the English trailer for Dangan Ronpa 2 was shown a few days ago. From what I've heard so far I like most of the voices they chose. Doraemon will always be Monokuma to me though.
    Spoiler: Geno's Codes and Things

I've grown used to Monokuma's [shudders] voice so I don't mind.

Gundham Tanaka though. Also his voice seems pretty 'eh..' but that's because I love Sugita's voice so I'm biased.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

yeah gundHAM is silly as hell but i also completely understand it, ditto soda rather than souda
    the cast at least sounds pretty good, even if no sugita i'm not totally sold on papenbrook as komaeda yet
    (and kira buckland should be hella as saionji so there's that)

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

A new gameplay trailer of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode was recently shown. Due to its story set between DR1 and DR2 there are obviously spoilers. Well, it certainly is interesting to properly see the outside world for once.

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

I'm going to bump this thread with a new development:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is coming to the Steam platform tomorrow (February 18th, 2016) for $29.99 USD. If Steam sales do well, the second game may follow eventually, and perhaps other titles from the series.

Featured in this Steam release are achievements and trading cards. It seems that backgrounds and emoticons are also available as you play.

With the release of main game, the soundtrack will also be available for purchase. While currently it's not completely clear (I will update this statement tomorrow when I buy the game), it says that everything will be 20% off on release. EDIT: The game and the Soundtrack are bundled together and are 20% off until February 25th. That makes the price drop to $23.99 USD.

If you haven't played the game or seen the show, I would highly recommend it. The game is a cross between a visual novel and a Phoenix Wright detective / law - style game. Give it a try, or watch a playthrough!
    Last edited by Pikanator; February 18th, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

Thread Information